News:

Main Menu

Indie Comics

Started by Sain, February 25, 2018, 12:31:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sain

Not sure if we had a thread for this.

Anyone else reading Monstress? Been binging it today and the setting is pretty damn cool. Could make a nifty RP setting.
PM box is open. So is my discord: Sain#5301

Life in Color

Monstress is legit.

I've got a few Indies that I pull: Witchblade, Sleepless... Hungry Ghosts, Animosity / Animosity: Evolution, Disney Princesses.

I know there's more, but those booped into my head at first.

Sain

Been meaning to give some Witchblade a read after seeing some art for it by Stjepan Sejic. He drew some with young girl protagonist and some dude friend who turned into some kind of lizard/dragon or some other monster.

I'll add a few others I liked too now that I remember them.

Lady Mechanica, Angor, and Birtright. Really cool settings in all those as well, and the characters are interesting. Sadly all these update at a snail pace >_>

Theta Sigma

I want to give a shout out to Hero Cats, which I have unfortunately not been able to pick up in a number of years now but it is awesome. Cat heroes who are owned by superheroes.

http://www.herocatsonline.com/

O&Os

A&As/Tracker
They/Them pronouns

Jarulf

Picked up Monstress recently and working my through the issues. Really love it. Also enjoying Sleepless.

Sain

Two different people liking Sleepless here? I must add it to the read list now :-)

Idej

I'm kind of just getting into comic books, mainly the BOOM! Mighty Morphin Power Rangers series.

I was curious about reading Witchblade and Hellboy.  Any other series you recommend?

Cold Heritage

Hellboy's pretty great but you're going to need to get a read order list now.
Thank you, fellow Elliquiyan, and have a wonderful day.

Mathim

Anybody ever heard of The Adventures of Barry Ween? It's like an unholy fusion of Calvin and Hobbes and Rick and Morty.
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

Life in Color

Quote from: Sain on March 27, 2018, 06:40:00 AM
Two different people liking Sleepless here? I must add it to the read list now :-)

Yaaaaaaas.

Idej

Power Rangers Issue 25 was pretty slick to read

Sain

Read some comics again.

Exlibrium. Books become real. Wizards fight them with some weird color magics and the MC is a shy dork ;D

deathspell

I want to hug this thread.

-I'm reading Monstress right now! It's damn phenomenal.
-The Sandman is my alltime favorite indie.
-Currently I'm following Saga, Deadly Class, Black Science, Rat Queens, Low, East of West, Paper Girls & Seven to Eternity to name a few. (I have serious "issues" if you knowwhatimsayin)
-I want to homewreck Rick Remender.
-Really looking forward to the release of Isola Vol 1 next week.
-I'm adding Sleepless to my list.
The darkness had arranged itself into something that resembled intent.

Sain

Yay! More Monstress fans ;D! How far are you?

deathspell

I'm about 15 pages into Vol.1! I can't believe my eyes at how gorgeous the art is. I've poked ahead a bit... the cat? Best character!

Sain

Was that one of the furry nation people? It's been too long since I last read it.

deathspell

Sain

Quote from: deathspell on October 21, 2018, 04:45:57 PM

Ohhh, yes! That cat! Yes, yes ;D Now I remember. He is awesome. Love the cat race in general, well the whole world building in that series is just amazing.

deathspell

I can't wait to delve a little deeper. What other indie comics are you reading currently?

Sain

Just the ones I've mentioned. Monstress, Mechanica, Angor, and Birtright. Sadly I have not found any new ones in a little while.

deathspell

I just finished Isola Vol 1 in one sitting. SO GOOD AND SO BEAUTIFUL!!

Sain

It looks pretty great. I shall take a peek :-)

e. Well that was a wonderful series! Can't wait for more!!

deathspell

Did you binge it all too?!?! Haha!

Sain

Is there any other way to read comics :P

deathspell

You know, there really isn't

THESE TWO THOUGH

Sain

They are great. The pair is an excellent template for some RP character pairing!

deathspell

Quote from: Sain on October 27, 2018, 11:36:48 AM
They are great. The pair is an excellent template for some RP character pairing!

My thoughts exactly!

I was hoping to see the Queen bite some more heads off :p

Sain

I was hoping to see them kissing ::) Though hand holding was quite lewd too.

TeamVelma

Quote from: deathspell on October 25, 2018, 05:59:40 PM
I just finished Isola Vol 1 in one sitting. SO GOOD AND SO BEAUTIFUL!!

Totally agree, Isola is epic. 

William The Last is only at issue #2 but is looking good.  If you can get hold of Lucy Dreaming then that's a good read as is Ether and Extremity.
From my pull-list I think the following would be stand-out titles
Cemetery Beach
Stabbity Bunny
Unnatural - sexy as hell.

Scooby Apocalypse, by DC but is very different from what you might expect from dear old Scooby Doo..
Scooby: I’m afraid you’ve gone mad with power.
Velma: Of course I have! Have you ever tried going mad without power? It’s boring, no one listens to you.

From herecomesthosemedellingkids on tumblr

Belated A&A here
O/Os here

Sain

Not exactly indie comic I guess, but it's their first so maybe it counts?

LEAGUE OF LEGENDS COMICS! AWWW YES.

Damn I loved Ashe Warmother. Really awesome that they're branching out to flesh out the setting. Might have to set up a game in Runeterra one of these days.

dmasteree

One of my favorite indie comics has always been Poison Elves. Still makes me sad what happened to Drew Hayes.

Meade

Don't know if anyone has mentioned these but "The Uniques" and "Rainbow in the Dark" are such treasures! They're written by a couple and they both do everything associated with the comic. Their webpage is ComfortandAdam dot com.

Sain

Quote from: Meade on January 03, 2019, 06:13:13 PM
Don't know if anyone has mentioned these but "The Uniques" and "Rainbow in the Dark" are such treasures! They're written by a couple and they both do everything associated with the comic. Their webpage is ComfortandAdam dot com.

Thanks! Read through Uniques and really loved it. Now starting Rainbow in the Dark ;D

Love And Submission

Reading Garth Ennis's  A Walk Through Hell. I really like it which is weird because I've never been a fan of Ennis's previous work.

It's essentially a cross between True Detective Season 1 And The X-Files with a really good mystery that  truly intrigues me.
I'm not sure it's a book most people will like but if you like noir and gothic horror then I think it's a good book for you.

Discord: SouthOfHeaven#3454