World of Darkness seeks players [EX]

Started by Lord of Shadows, April 12, 2010, 03:51:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord of Shadows

We will be using what is called (new) World of Darkness rules, any of the types are allowed.

The game takes place in a fictional town called Newport. It is located on the coast side of Virginia, USA and has been one of those... quiet and peaceful places up till just after the turn of the century where suddenly the town saw a surge of companies and money been invested in the town. Suddenly skyscrapers was part of the scenery and the once so sleepy town wasn't sleepy any longer.
Because its nature no-one among the supernatural have ever really claimed the city as theirs. Most haven't even cared about it at all. All this has now changed as more and more eyes is caught as the town "grows up". For those that is quick and have the head placed right Newport can be an excellent place to stake out a territory for oneself outside the reach from those that usually stand in your way... at least for now.

The game itself will be partially player driven but I will also have several plots running that will run their course regardless if the players takes part or not. Some of the plots will not be noticed while others... well you will notice as they happen...

Creation rules and information thread
OOC Discussion
Characters

AncientMaster

Sure i'm interested, i'll post a vampire later  ;D

what sort of characters are we looking at, new kindred, sires, ghouls and blood dowls or a mix dependant on what you want to play.

Lord of Shadows

Ok, let me post up the creation thread so you have something to pick from...

*off doing some work*

Alright check out this place: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=65947.0

I guess I should point out (as I mention in the thread above) that all (more or less) types from World of Darkness is allowed not only vampires.

Lord of Shadows

Quote from: AncientMaster on April 12, 2010, 05:58:57 AM
Sure i'm interested, i'll post a vampire later  ;D

what sort of characters are we looking at, new kindred, sires, ghouls and blood dowls or a mix dependant on what you want to play.

Don't know if the answer above told you anything but ok: I accept any type of World of Darkness, if you are concentrating on Vampire only then I would think new kindred, ghouls or blood dolls would be a good fit.

DeviantMunster

I'd like to post my interest! I'll probably go vampire as well. Or Mage, if I can ever figure the rules concerning them out.

DeviantMunster

Out of curiosity though.. what's an Immortal? The only thing I can find is "Immortal: The Gathering", which is "Highlander: The Gathering", an unofficial supplement.

Lord of Shadows

Immortals come from the World of Darkness book  Inferno and is the new take (well more or less) on the old game Demon the Fallen.

Lord of Shadows

Sorry now I got confused and read your post wrong, it was the book Immortals I meant. You play... people that has learned ways to live forever by different rituals.

DeviantMunster

Hmm, I see! Sounds interesting. Too bad I don't have that particular book!
*blinks* Yep, going with Mage I think. It'll take awhile to post though, since I've -never- created one, despite owning the book. Need to read through the story and such before posting a bio.

Lord of Shadows

Any questions and I'm here to answer them :).

Marvin

You have caught my intrest, if it's a longer tale to be told... And I'd prefer to make a Vampire, maybe starting as human or ghoul. Could be Mage if needed.
The story so far -> Legacy of Castille
The Crew so far
The OOC
The Combat chart
Intrested in joining? -> A Post Apocalyptic Space Adventure (Spots will open for all kinds of characters as the story develops)

Lord of Shadows

This game was going strong at RPoL before the mods decided to force me to remove it from adult and that game was at 20000 posts so I'm aiming for nothing less here.

Marvin

Sounds sweet.

I feel most comfortable with Vampire the Requiem of those listed books, so I will go with that. A Vampire will be passed for review.

About Newport

Can I hold Haven in the town at start? Or shall I create a newly arrived background story?

The Crew so far
The OOC
The Combat chart
Intrested in joining? -> A Post Apocalyptic Space Adventure (Spots will open for all kinds of characters as the story develops)

Lord of Shadows

No problem at all, you can be one of those vampires that have lived there in town for a few years and set yourself up there from start.

All your really need to start with a haven is to put some merit or experience points on it. Or if you don't wish to have the merit at least some resources.

Marvin

ok, I'll start my planning then :)

just wanted to check, I'll make my final decision as soon as the background  work has been started...
The Crew so far
The OOC
The Combat chart

WerewolfofLondon

I have only ever played old WoD, so would I be able to start as a human?

Lord of Shadows

Sure no problem, any special type you would wish to turn into? Werewolf perhaps?

Paladin

Oh I am so in on this. Just need to see what the PM back says

Lord of Shadows

Added an OOC thread: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=66097.0

As Marvin is more or less done I will create the first gaming thread today when the details of how we start up is done.

CrazyIvan

This sounds interesting I have played a lot of NWoD and like it. I don't quite know since I don't want to be the only of something I normally play either just a mortal, vampire or ghoul, or a werewolf or wolf blooded.

Lord of Shadows

Then start as a vampire would be my suggestion (or ghoul) as so far that is what we have (that has been cleared).

You could always do something else further down the line.

CrazyIvan

just figured I would ask this, but we only get exp beyond the starting free dots with the background and stuff like that?

Lord of Shadows

Ok making a clarification post:

You start with doing a standard character from the rules, no extra experience points but you are free to lower your morality trait for more experience points as guided in the rules.

I will award bonus experience points on your background that you can spend.

Roleplay experience will be given during play based on roleplay and activity.