Dark Heresy: Interest Check

Started by ShadowFox89, October 31, 2014, 02:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beorning

I wanted to say that I recently got the books both to Dark Heresy *and* Black Crusade! So, I'd definitely be interested in playing!

ChaoticSky

TheGlyphstone

Frankly, with how the dozen or so of us swarm down on prospective 40K system games like a swarm of starving piranhas, we might want to look into a collective/rotating GM system. I had a RL Deathwatch group that did that and worked out well - each person ran a short mission arc or plotkit segment in turn, so that everyone got maximal playtime.

ShadowFox89

That might be the best, so that one of us doesn't get burned out. Maybe even have rotating seats for Dark Heresy 2e, Only War, and Black Crusade all set within the same 'verse.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

TheGlyphstone

That could work. Though honestly, coordinating that sort of massive joined universe/multiple parallel campaigns would probably just burn everyone out even faster. Better to pick one game, with one set of characters, and follow them from adventure to adventure. Whoever is GMing, their PC just doesn't show up for that arc.

Pumpkin Seeds

I do think this would be better done with us focusing on a particular type of game such as Dark Heresy or Only War. 

ShadowFox89

Well, since this was initially a Dark Heresy interest check thread, we should probably go with that. Should I boot up a new thread to list out the potential GM's and their plot hooks?
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Baalborn87

If we add an only war storyline (and i'm assuming new characters). I'd be happy to GM that one. We thinking Custom regiment? Or pre-built?

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: Baalborn87 on December 18, 2014, 01:18:25 PM
If we add an only war storyline (and i'm assuming new characters). I'd be happy to GM that one. We thinking Custom regiment? Or pre-built?

Burn one bridge at a time, here. First we have to get the DK part off the ground and make it self-sustaining.

ShadowFox89

Yeah, we can set up an Only War storyline later on, let's focus on Dark Heresy for now :P

(I'd be happy to play in any three though... it's been so long since I've actually played a WH40KRPG game T_T)
Call me Shadow
My A/A

ChaoticSky

On a entirely different topic, ive been slowly scheming up a BC mega-game which I intend to GM, for the past several months, so that will happen eventually.

but not yet!

Beorning

Quote from: Darkling on December 18, 2014, 04:36:52 PM
On a entirely different topic, ive been slowly scheming up a BC mega-game which I intend to GM, for the past several months, so that will happen eventually.

but not yet!

Aaaaah! Such a tease...  ;D

Anyway, as I said - I'm all for a DH game. Although I'm not sure if I'd be a good choice to GM it... My latest GM attempts (over at another site) didn't end up too good. Also, I just don't know the setting too good yet...

HairyHeretic

I'm up for any 40k game, which I'm sure comes as a surprise to no one :P
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Beorning

Quote from: HairyHeretic on December 18, 2014, 04:56:36 PM
I'm up for any 40k game, which I'm sure comes as a surprise to no one :P

Actually, I'm completely and utterly shocked that you'd be interested in such a game.

[/deadpan]

ShadowFox89

Really, we're the same group of people who always flock to a 40k game like cats to catnip :P
Call me Shadow
My A/A

HairyHeretic

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Beorning

True... I'd totally GM a game for you guys, if I felt competent at that. But I have never GMed a group game before (like, ever. Even in RL I've only GMed solo stories) and I'm new both to the setting and the actual WH40K games...

Although DH is a very tempting challenge, I admit!

HairyHeretic

There are a few premade DH adventures for 1st edition. You could always take one of those and run it.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on December 18, 2014, 05:09:29 PM
Really, we're the same group of people who always flock to a 40k game like cats to catnip :P

More like pirahanas to an injured cow, since it always seems to end up in blood and disappointment.

If we're going to form a rotation group, we definitely want to be using pre-made adventures for as long as we can. As a filter process if nothing else; people who want to GM and people who have the time/dedication to GM might not be a 1-1 ratio, and premades reduce the prep to minimal and help that filtering.

I'll count in as one. We'll want at least 4, maybe 5 - that will give us a steady group of 4 PCs and 1 GM, regardless of who is running this arc.

ShadowFox89

Well, obviously I'll volunteer. I have two premades and I've been kicking around a couple of ideas.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Pumpkin Seeds

TheGlyphstone

For now, yes. If we're successful, maybe we can look at expanding or transitioning into another game. But we're going to start small and low with DH.

Jaded

I'd be interested as well (if it isn't full) though probably wouldn't have access to the second edition until after Christmas. 

ShadowFox89

How should we do stats, basic rolls in the book or point buy? I would honestly say point buy.... But it doesn't feel right without the risk of having a character with nothing but 26 in all stats.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

TheGlyphstone

I'm fully in favor of rolls. It's just not a 40K RPG without randomly rolled stats. But we are possibly getting ahead of ourselves - we'll need at least 1 more person to have a stable rotation and keep a functional-sized group of PCs available. We can discuss who goes when in the rotation later, this is just a general check.

Roster of interested Player-GMs so far:
Shadowfox89
TheGlyphstone
Jaded?
Beorning?