Blade Witch Academy - [Interest Check]

Started by MissFire, November 01, 2014, 08:37:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MissFire

Synopsis: Welcome to Blade Witch Academy! This is a game set in a universe somewhat like Harry Potter with the twist that here only females have been found to have magical abilities. Girls that show magical ability are enrolled in Blade Witch Academy once they turn eighteen and for the next four years they are educated in both the elemental magic of their choice and trained in various forms of combat. The academy, much like Hogwarts, exists in a place far from prying eyes, where magical creatures and evil beasts freely roam. Once the girls reach their third year they are assigned to a team of five, learn to fight as a unit, and are assigned weekly 'bounties' - malevolent or dark creatures that they must defeat. Not only do these assignments sharpen their teamwork and combat skills, but they also help the academy protect humanity at large from these beasts.

So in this game I am looking for four other ladies to help form a new team. All of the girls will be in their 3rd year at Blade Witch Academy. They may have seen one another around the school or even know each other a bit, but they should not start as best friends. The roleplay will center around the girls getting to know each other (perhaps even intimately) and the bonds that form as they live, fight, and survive together.

Please see below for an example character sheet, and as always any questions are welcome. Thank you!

-Consilio et Virtute-
"There are five possible operations for any army. If you can fight, fight; if you cannot fight, defend; if you cannot defend, flee; if you cannot flee, surrender; if you cannot surrender, die."
    - Sima Yi

MissFire

Name: Shan Shih Shen
Appearance: Addt'l Image 1, Addt'l Image 2, Addt'l Image 3, Addt'l Image 4
Personality: Aloof, Determined, Haughty, Perfectionist
Primary Element: Air
Primary Weapon: Katana
Secondary Weapon: Martial Arts

Short Bio: Shan Shih Shen is the second scion (after her brother, Shen Shih Shen) of Shen Security Systems, a global leader in both physical and electronic security. Being a member of one of the most influential families has it's perks, and Shan received some of the best education and training that money could afford. While being spoiled may have left her a bit entitled, it hasn't made her lazy. She is obsessed with living up to her family name and the honor it holds. Shan strives for perfection in everything she does, and nothing will change now that she's on the team.

Abilities: Shan is an extremely skilled swordswoman and has all but perfected Santoryu (lit; Three Swords Style), a self-developed style in which she wields three swords at once - one in each hand and a third controlled by her magic. She combines this with equally astounding skill in another self-developed style she calls Resshūken (lit; Fissure Kick Fist), which relies on fast footwork in order to focus on fending off enemy attacks with the arms and using the legs to counterattack with powerful kicks. While extremely talented and having undergone formal training for much of her life, Shan lacks real combat experience and has not been exposed to much competition with others. In times of great desperation and when faced with a humiliating defeat, Shan may tap into something she calls 'Satsui no Hado' (lit; Surge of Murderous Intent) which feed on the dark side hidden deep within her soul. It gives her unparalleled power, but ravages her body and succumbing to this desire too much may forever corrupt her.
"There are five possible operations for any army. If you can fight, fight; if you cannot fight, defend; if you cannot defend, flee; if you cannot flee, surrender; if you cannot surrender, die."
    - Sima Yi

Sessha

Locked, cocked and ready to rock!

Angie

I have one question: Are we allowed to have firearms as a weapon choice? I'm throwing in either way, but guns or no guns determines exactly who I throw in.

EDIT: I lied, I have two questions: The second one is are we allowed to say, have demonic heritage in our bio?
Avatar is by Lemonfont. Will remove it if he asks me to.

Come check the Cyberpunk Images Thread!

Pumpkin Seeds

Sessha

So what elements are available Is it the classical elements? Fire, Wind Water, Earth or what else? Just trying to find some information to help develop my character is all.
Locked, cocked and ready to rock!

MissFire

No firearms allowed, melee weapons only. No demonic or otherworldly heritage. As for elements, stick with; Air, Earth, Fire, Water, Ice, Lightning, and Nature.
    - Sima Yi

Angie

Okay then.

Name: Dawn Zanarius

Appearance: Ignore the wings, obviously.

Personality: Rather jovial, with lots of taunting and good natured ribbing of her fellow witches. In the field, she's serious only if the battle is going badly or average-if it's going well, she starts right back up with the taunting.

Primary Element: Fire

Primary Weapon: Martial Arts (primarily Muay Thai)

Secondary Weapon: Two handed Sword

Short Bio: Dawn is actually a child of the streets, having never really known her mother or her father. In fact, she doesn't know if the last name she gave the Academy is the correct one, it was just something that sprang into her head. They seemed to accept it though. Her education was sorely lacking-the streets don't provide much in the ways of English or Math classes-but she spent enough time at her local library to learn enough. At 18, she was brought (or dragged, depending who you ask) to the Academy. Her training was difficult-she couldn't stand sitting in class and reading dusty old tomes of magical theory. Then someone got the idea of teaching her how to focus her magic through her blows. She picked that up quickly enough that she was approved to join this new team.

Abilities: Mundane skills revolve around being hidden and concealing her intentions-she can hide, sneak around, bluff and persuade, and occasionally intimidate now that she can back up her threats. Her combat style channels fire magic into the already brutal style of Muay Thai, with a few moves from other martial arts thrown in to keep enemies guessing. She knows enough about weapons to swing almost any of them, but prefers the large, two handed weapons that (like her Muay Thai) leave enemies obliterated when they're done.

MissFire

Quote from: MissFire on November 01, 2014, 08:37:22 AM
Girls that show magical ability are enrolled in Blade Witch Academy once they turn eighteen and for the next four years they are educated in both the elemental magic of their choice and trained in various forms of combat.
    - Sima Yi

Angie

I know that, what I meant to get at with Dawn was she was taken off the streets at 15 and then enrolled in the Academy at 18. I can change it if you really want me to, though.

MissFire

Yes. She can't enter the academy until she's 18.
    - Sima Yi

Pumpkin Seeds

Oh, might have to try something with lightening.

Angie

Pumpkin Seeds

Name:  Hyeon Jeong
Personality: 
Primary Element: Earth
Primary Weapon: Maul
Secondary Weapon: Armor

Work in progress