Make war, not love.

Started by Ajoxer, April 01, 2006, 04:12:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ajoxer

Or, if at all possible: Both!

I'm thinking that, just for the sake of seeing if I can improve concentration alone, I wish to GM a combat- and possibly some smut- based DnD game.

During combats, trying to get a minimum of one post a day from each character, unless they're on vacation. For the purpose of said vacation, if you DO need to be away from the computer for a sizeable amount of time, preferably each character having a small blurb titled Tactics, for a guide to their basic combat behavior when being NPCed. Characters can be anything from the core books, and if you want something elsewise, just IM me with a description, I'll check it out, and being a shmuck, will probably allow it. Start at level 1, peaceful interaction with NPCs will probably be quite light, more likely to involve hostile relations with monsters and NPCs, feel free to be as detailed in the party as you want, we'll see where it goes. Dungeon crawl style. Mainly, as a bit of stress relief- Because everyone needs to spend some time kicking ass and getting tail.
I have a shock collar, designed for maximum Player/GM efficiency. If you see that I have not properly been fulfilling my duties in posting regularly, or a game being held back because I haven't posted, PM me and give me hell!

Creeper

YES!

I mean, you have my interest, friend!
Ons and Offs, yo: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=4370.0

Too tired to post Wednesday night. Posts on Thursday!

Ajoxer

I'm probably looking for 4-6 characters. Oh, and, uh, if you've ever heard of Hengband? This will be like that, except dramatically less lethal. * goes into flashbacks of the damn jabberwock on level 1.
I have a shock collar, designed for maximum Player/GM efficiency. If you see that I have not properly been fulfilling my duties in posting regularly, or a game being held back because I haven't posted, PM me and give me hell!

Ellyssa

Ooh. What sort of theme? Or where is it based? :)

Ajoxer

The theme? Essentially, Fightin' an' sex. Thinking of a real stress relief type game, the PBP equivelant of Diablo 2. To keep things moving is why I have the tactics and such ideas there. >_>
Where it's based? Eh, generic Greyhawk style world.

CirclMastr

Ons & offs - https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=8373.0
Statistics are like a bikini; what they reveal is significant, but what they conceal is even more important.

WarDragon

I'm interested.  Put me down as a blaster-mage.  Maybe.

Ellyssa

Sounds good. :) I'll let others decide what they want first.. but count me in.

Creeper

I'd probably be a druid, or a monk.

Ajoxer

Also, just in response to a little quirk: Careful about the pretension in the character history. The chosen one of the dwarves has better things to do than hack goblin women and children down for their copper pieces. ^_^

Creeper

So, relatively normal folks, kicking ass, crawing dungeons, and buggering anyone remotely attractive, yes?

Ajoxer

Sounds about right. www.netbook-of-uck.net I may include the use of the feats and such from this- Some thoughts for it if I do, because this will only have sex as mostly an aside: Prowess is free to increase, and you get one erotic feat per regular feat, I'd say. If it ends up being unbalanced... Ah, hell, more power to ya.

Ajoxer

Tentative Cast List:
Creeper, Half-Orc Barbarian.
Wardragon, Warlock.
Ellyssa, Unknown
Circlmastr, no class yet.
Hunter: Elven Ranger

Ellyssa

Maybe not a paladin, will see how first. Not sure about the netbook's classes and stuff yet, still got to read through it, and no clue what you just said re Prowess. :)

Ajoxer

Check out the link and the online guide, check new skill Prowess. Essentially, how good you are at boinking people.

May make some changes to the Prowess rolls for streamlining things.

Creeper

changed my mind, going to be a barbarian. Are you going to be making changes to half-orcs?

Ajoxer

Such as? None in particular, though I believe it has been stated that Half-Orcs ARE one half size class larger in the, ahem, lower sections in the Netbook.

Creeper

It was a reference to the fact that Half-orcs get the short end of the stick, stats-wise, both getting -2 to charisma and intelligence.

WarDragon

At least they're better off than half-elves (especially in a hack n' slash like this).

Ajoxer, do you have Complete Arcane?  I'm toying with the idea of taking Warlock for a spin.

Ajoxer

Aaaah. Well, for the purpose of this game... Let's say they don't get the -2 penalty to Charisma, for the sake of having a bit of animal magnetism. If it doesn't work out, GOD SHALL SMITE THINGS. And lemme check Warlock out...

Hunter

I'd like to be cheesy and make an elven ranger.  ^_^

Ajoxer

Just a warning, I think that full-blooded Elves have the unfortunate circumstance of having their junk a half size class smaller. Consider Massively Hung.

And yes, it seems like the racial " sizes" are mostly for humour. I shall play it as such.

Ellyssa

Ajoxer

I'm thinking that we should probably go for the 18, 16, 14, 12, 12, 10 style. The type I've usually seen as a standard- 'Heroic', I think.

Hunter

*holds up hand*  Half drow ranger.   ;)

Ajoxer

Let me put it this way, Hunter... No. I'm not even going to spend a while detailing the awful things that will happen to Drow. The only Drow that have a chance are the sexy female kind, and even they are likely to end up tentacle bait. It's just, y'know, an image sorta thing. Also, Wardragon, I don't see too much problem with making a Warlock.

Ellyssa

Sexy female kind of drow, hmm? ;)

Hunter

*sighs tragically*  Oh well, human we is.   8)

Ajoxer

Tentacle bait. Remember that. Lots of them.

Creeper

Wow, according to that websites rules, an over-large penis can do more damage then a battle axe or a sword to the guts.

Ajoxer

Yeah, but the amount of struggle needed to put it in is quite significant. Probably more simple just to coup de grace them.

And rules were made to be broken. >_>

Creeper

5d6 is quite a lot at low levels. Why fireball when you've got a big wang?

Hunter

*thinks about a human rogue and winches*

Ajoxer

Well, first of all, you have to be at least two size classes larger, they get a fortitude save to downgrade it to 1d6, you have to pin them and remove their clothes... Frankly, it'd only be a reasonable method of torturing a prisoner. In which case, what the hell, go for it.

And also, Hunter- What did you mean by Half-Drow? I mean, are we talking an Elf who calls people his brother, or...?

Hunter

Quote from: Ajoxer on April 01, 2006, 06:40:31 PM
Well, first of all, you have to be at least two size classes larger, they get a fortitude save to downgrade it to 1d6, you have to pin them and remove their clothes... Frankly, it'd only be a reasonable method of torturing a prisoner. In which case, what the hell, go for it.

And also, Hunter- What did you mean by Half-Drow? I mean, are we talking an Elf who calls people his brother, or...?

Half-Drow.  Likely the product of a male drow and a female human.  Basically a normal half elf with darkvision instead of low light.  Or some such.

Ajoxer

Depends, are you going to have a lot of angst about your parentage, all that, " Oh god I wish I wasn't a damn dirty purple-eye"?

Hunter

Angst?  Me?  *looks around*  Not me.  I don't do angst, just women.

Ajoxer

Alright. But remember, you still keep the extra-lite package.

Ellyssa

Extra-lite package? But they're drow, they're all dark.

*writes up her chaste paladin*

Ajoxer

Yeaaah, she'll keep chaste for long...

Ahhhh, Elliquiy! Where Vow of Chastity is a challenge to everyone!

And sadly, even a dark-skinned Elf is still an elf. It's one of those sad, painful facts of life...

Hunter

Okay, I'll work up a half elven (drowish) ranger soon.  We'll have to break in that chaste paladin.  *cough*gangbang*cough*

Ajoxer

Remember, respect her wishes.

Her OOC wishes. IC wishes... Hah!

Hunter

WarDragon

*makes note*  No elves, got it.

Thanks for the approval of the class; still not entirely sure it's what I'll make, but looking good.  Either that or a plan vanilla fighter.  Normal casters suck so bad at low levels...

Hunter

Quote from: WarDragon on April 01, 2006, 06:55:54 PM
*makes note*  No elves, got it.

Thanks for the approval of the class; still not entirely sure it's what I'll make, but looking good.  Either that or a plan vanilla fighter.  Normal casters suck so bad at low levels...

A half ork wizard/sorcerer might be a fun idea.

OOOooo!!  Half elven bard.  ^_^  (too many ideas)

Ellyssa

Heh heh heh.

Um, anyway, starting equipment? ;)

Ajoxer

Roll your standard starting money, choose from there.

Hunter

Any chance that we can get an extra feat or two?  One feat just isn't enough.  Please?

Ajoxer

Nein. Nein, nein, nein... Remember, also, you get one free erotic feat for every regular feat.

Hunter

Quote from: Ajoxer on April 01, 2006, 07:27:29 PM
Nein. Nein, nein, nein... Remember, also, you get one free erotic feat for every regular feat.

*huge grin*

Jefepato

Damn, this is getting a lot of posts.  Still need any more people?

Ajoxer

Well, we've currently got five, still room for one more.

And it's interesting, isn't it? I'm like the Titanic, games are unlikely to survive, and yet still, I attract people like mad.

Ah well, you never win, you just do a little better each time...

Jefepato

Intriguing.  What gender ratio is being worked with here among the PCs, and how do you like the spellthief class?

Ajoxer

Where can I find it, and preferably about equal male:female would be nice.

Jefepato

Quote from: Ajoxer on April 01, 2006, 07:57:53 PM
Where can I find it, and preferably about equal male:female would be nice.

Complete Adventurer, and I know that.  I'm asking what it is now, so I can make an appropriate character.

Ajoxer

Erm, not sure- if everyone is playing to gender, so far, it's 4:1 male:female.

Ellyssa

At least you think! *squirms a bit, fighting down its sentient tentacles which almost escape into view*

Anyway almost done a first-draft character on icky 3edb, will post link after?

Jefepato

Hmm.

I'm thinking female half-elf spellthief, then.  (I considered halfling, but 1st-level halflings under that site's rules are killed by sex scenes if I recall right.  I'll check again.)

By the way, are we looking at a mainly good-aligned (or at least non-evil) party?  I'm fine with it either way (though I'd prefer some PC cohesion at least), but that does affect character design and backstory...

Ajoxer

Remember the Halfling Harlot, sir. and I believe it is mainly good, yea. Aside that damn dirty duende negro.

Jefepato

Quote from: Ajoxer on April 01, 2006, 08:21:27 PM
Remember the Halfling Harlot, sir.

You raise a valid point.  I shall see about character creation sometime soon.

Creeper

Erg, switching back to druid. We'll need some healing power with this bunch, anyways. Plus, there's the wonderful Wildshape!

Jefepato

By the way, are the turn-based sex mechanics actually going to be in use, or will it mostly just be RPed out?

Ajoxer

Oh, mostly RP. We'll use the turn-based mechanics when it's for the purposes of... Well, when it has a purpose besides getting freaky.

Ellyssa

http://www.3edb.com/viewCharacter.asp?cid=13051

Still need to tweak a bit and prettify it out, but dinner calls.

Hunter

As much as I'd like to play, I think that I'm going to bow out of this game.  Sorry.

Ajoxer

Aaaah, easy come, easy go...

Jefepato

Ellyssa, you can certainly make your character however you want, but you do realize that combat is a major focus of this game?

A paladin whose dump stats are Strength and Constitution really isn't a good idea.

WarDragon

It could be sort of viable... take the Ranged Smite Evil feat from Book of Exalted Deeds, and avoid melee at all costs.

Ajoxer

Of course, I can always place a tad more focus on the, ahem, smut... We shall see, eh?

Ajoxer

4 hours, and... 40? 50? eh, something like that. 4 hours and 40~ minutes. https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?board=193.0

* whistles quietly.*

Ellyssa

Bah. Never been much of a must-max-brawn fighter myself. Will see.

MAybe I won't be the only meleer? :p

Ajoxer

Eh, remember Creeper... Druids can be extremely formidable in HtH.

WarDragon

I could do melee as well, but then we'd be short a blaster.  Of course, druids can do that too...

It'd be easier if we started at levels that allowed for some multiclassing right off.

Ajoxer

Hmmm... You know what, it does seem like we could use a better level... What the hell. Start at level 5, get a decent start on feats and such, so forth..

Ellyssa

Zakharra

Ajoxer

Ellyssa, any more complaining for you, and we toss you to the squid fights! >_>

And yeah. You know, I shouldn't be able to lose and replace a player five hours after I've started the game. Yeesh.

Creeper

I'll have my character ready sometime tonight or tommorow. If we're at level 5, how much gold do we get to start? Anything on magic items?

Ellyssa

What's their CR, and how many tentacles? ;)

And could you please post something in the other thread about resolved die rolls, and how we decide EQ value too, then? Or you owe all of us soup. Thanks.:)

Ajoxer

There we go. And to answer both those questions, Ellyssa: Enough.

indarkestknight

I'd like to play, but it seems you have a full roster. Whatever you may need, meatshield, healer, nuker, skill monkey...

Anyway, someone give me a PM if there turns out to be room again. Good luck, Ajoxer!