Muv-Luv Alternative: Fight for the Gibraltar strait interest check

Started by pendarious, February 14, 2016, 11:49:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pendarious

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arYp3at5WZo

Hello everyone who may or may not really be a Muv-Luv fan. This RP takes place in the Muv-Luv Alternative universe. As the title implies this is an OC story that takes place in the Gibraltar strait between Spain and Africa. The country in question is Morocco in a city called Tetouen. I'm sure that most of you have never heard of this city well to be quite honest I hadn't either until I was looking for a good place for a Muv-Luv game to take place. The year the game starts in during the Muv-Luv timeline is 1983 roughly around the same time as the Muv-Luv light novel and anime Schwartzesmarken.

In this game we will be facing off against waves of BETA but not only is there going to be a lot of battles with the floods of gore that one would expect from Muv-Luv there is also going to be focusing on the interactions of the characters again something that would be expected of Muv-Luv. Now this game will be in the extreme section due to a lot of the darker topics and implications of the series as a whole.

No cannon characters will be permitted considering to my knowledge they are either stationed elsewhere or have absolutely no connection to operations in the region we will be in. IF you can prove me wrong then a cannon character can be at least used as a cameo and only that. I would prefer that people try to avoid making their characters related to cannon characters as well however I won't stop you if you can make the connection at least somewhat believable.

I would also like to address the fact that there will be NO super soldiering accepted. Yes I will accept a single character taking down dozens of the annoying aliens but I will not accept a single character taking down hundreds or thousands (without the aid of others or high grade and energy depleting equipment).

The last thing I would like to address is that my own character is the base commander and overseer of happenings on the base however she IS NOT the squad leader. I am going to have all of the players except for myself who doubles as GM compete for the position we will not elect a squad leader through outside of game events. I will admit that since this is a freeform game the outcome of battles among players will be discussion heavy between those involved and I will step in to decide only if needed.

now then on to rules:

1. Show respect to all players
2. Discuss outcomes of player character interactions don't just do something to someones character without consent
3. No God Modding (this will result in GM revocation of the action and three offenses will result in expulsion from the game)
4.respect all of the sites rules
5. Have FUN!

(NOTE: I don't think I should have to include these rules but honestly it's best to do so since a lot of people seem to forget these things)

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=245816.0

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=245812.0

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=245811.0
Psycho Mantis: You must spend every day pretending to act like you're falsely letting on that you aren't not unbetraying someone you don't not purport to allegedly not work for but really do! How do you keep all this shit straight without having an aneurysm?
Revolver Ocelot: *shrug* Practice.
—The Last Days Of FOXHOUND

Mac84

Avalon29

Well as you already know I'm in so might as well go ahead announce my interest officially.

Mac84

Musashi Tokogawa reporting for Duty!

Name:Musashi Tokogawa

Height: 6' even

Weight: 135lbs

Race: Japanese

Nationality:American

Affiliation: United States Air Force

TSF: A-10 Thunderbolt II

Previous Assignment: 432nd Air assault wing, The "Razorbacks"

Personality: Laid back nature, friendly, Determined to prove her worth.

History: Musashi (or "Mu" to those that she considers friends) was born in 1962 to Japanese immigrants that moved to the US during the mid-fifties shortly after the BETA appeared. They sought safety, and shelter for the fledgling family, as well as work. Yet, the welcome they would get was not a warm one, and Musashi's parents had to work tirelessly to make enough to raise their newborn baby girl. A birth defect rendered Musashi's hair white as a sheet of paper, and her eyes red. It was a mutated form of albinism as it didn't give her skin the exceptionally fair complexion that was normally associated with Albinism. At the age of 18, Musashi forgone College, and enlisted in the Air Force. Years of being bullied for being Japanese, and called "Useless" made her determined to show that she, and other Japanese were not worthless. She would score high enough for the pilot program, and get assigned to one of the newly introduced A-10 Thunderbolt IIs TSFs. She would fly with the 432nd Air Assault Wing, AKA the Razorbacks, stationed out of Arkansas, Then Rammstein West Germany. She would be with the squadron, though treated as an outsider, till about 1983 when she is reassigned to Morocco, North Africa to participate in Joint UN, Warsaw Pact operations against the BETA.

In combat, Musashi is fiercely determined, and has been both commended, and disciplined for her actions. Often violating orders in order to save a downed pilot. One particular incident that led to her getting "Transferred" was when she blatantly violated her Squadron Leader's orders in order to help a downed Russian MIG 21 TSF. Holding the BETA at bay with her massive 30mm GAU 8 Vulcans until the Russian's squad mates could pull the pilot out of the crumpled cockpit. The only reason Musashi was not court marshaled for the act was the political ramifications, and public outcry from both the American People, and abroad for punishing someone for saving a fellow Human's life.

Musashi believes she sees the "Big picture", and recognizes the BETA as a threat to ALL of humanity. So the squabbles of the political leaders is seen as quite petty to her, and rather useless. If they didn't come together, and fight as united. They're gonna be quickly defeated, and extinct.

Avalon29

Name: Jian Xiu Song
Height: 5’4
Nationality: Republic of China
TSF: J-8

Appearance

Personality: Jian is a veteran Eishi and member of the ROC rather than the larger PLA. Used to being in the center of political infighting and schemes that continue to divide China. She has long ago learned to do whatever it takes to complete whatever mission she is given, no matter the cost, which often makes her come off as cold.  While completing the mission is always the main priority her secondary priorities are the survival of her team and then her own life.  As a member of the ROC she holds a distrust of the People’s Liberation Army and the communist government they advocate for, causing the occasional friction with those that advocate such systems although she’s willing to put such things behind her for the sake of a mission.

Background: Jian was born two years before the BETA revealed their violent intentions although she doesn’t remember much of that fateful day. What she does remember though was what happened five years later. She was eight when the BETA invaded the Earth from the moon in 1973 and less than 30 days later the evacuation began. Her family was one of the unfortunate last to evacuate Western China. As they departed it was only to the sight of the air being scorched, the land being made barren, and the water being poisoned as both the militaries of China and the Soviets used their nuclear weapons to try to halt the BETA advanced. With no place to go their family become refugees and are forced to struggle just to survive. To help find a way out she joins one of the military institutions to train to become an Eishi.  The years pass and in 1980 after she witnessed the devastation at Kashgar she manages to graduate from one of ROCs military school to become an Eishi who managed to survive the eight minutes of death and spend the next three years as an Eishi of the ROC before being assigned to assist at the Gibraltar Strait.

pendarious

Psycho Mantis: You must spend every day pretending to act like you're falsely letting on that you aren't not unbetraying someone you don't not purport to allegedly not work for but really do! How do you keep all this shit straight without having an aneurysm?

KnightNelson20

pendarious

pendarious

I've added the Game, OOC, and Character threads to the first post

Mac84

Bump for revival, and hopefully new players in which to stain the desert Sands red with blood with.

LordRod

I had to look this up.  It's a bit far out there for me though I like Anime but I ***LOVE*** all things Gibraltar so if making a char without having seen the anime is greenlight then I'm all in.
Glory is being Great and being Useful - Simon Bolivar

Because its There - Sir Edmund Hillary

"The Lord of the Mans of Rod" - Me, spelling everything write and still getting the sentence wrong.

On and Offs - https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=265306.0

Avalon29

I certainly don't see anything wrong with not having seen the anime before, especially if we can get this up and running with more people. If you have any questions please feel free to ask. I would recommend giving it a watch if you're interested, I found it enjoyable and it gives a good idea on what the world is like. But like I said I don't think it's necessary.

LordRod

Happy to but wont have time for a few weeks.

I'll consider a char and submit something very soon

"The Lord of the Mans of Rod" - Me, spelling everything write and still getting the sentence wrong.

Mac84

Quote from: LordRod on March 29, 2017, 06:04:43 PM
Happy to but wont have time for a few weeks.

I'll consider a char and submit something very soon

Essentially, the plot is that the World is being invaded and overrun by an Alien race called "BETA"s that like to devour, and otherwise make very grizzly ends to people. Humanity's only real way to combat these aliens are the TSF's. A giant humanoid Robot that is capable of flight, and are patterned after modern Fighter Jets like the F-4 Phantom II, The Mig 21, F-15 etc.

Yet, with this world wide crisis looming over the people of Earth, the Governments still bicker with each other and fight each other instead of the common enemy.

LordRod

So what is somewhat unclear to me is...is Gibralter actually IN Gibralter since is see Alaska being leased?

Also the RLF seems potentially interesting, but I might want to invent a faction from a different area....

Given that the game seems to be about pounding BETA's in giant robots, that seems problematic BUT...

Could you have a nation made up of Sea Nomads from many nations who have cobbled together tankers and the like for 'floating islands' but that finally get recongized by the UN?

Avalon29

Yes, it takes place in Gibraltar. The game is about a group keeping the BETA from Gibraltar with limited resources. The map is roughly the state of the war at the moment and it's not going well for humanity and it's only getting worse. The various nations are working together somewhat but behind the scenes political machinations and jockeying for power is still too common as well.

As for the floating nation. I doubt it. Besides the fact that politicians are still acting like politicians. The supply situation would be difficult. Laser class make air travel difficult and any large ships have likely been commandeered for the war effort because of how bad things are going. Not even nukes have been able to completely stop the beta

pendarious

There is actually a faction that dwells on artificial islands but that isn't until late 2004 or so in the Muv-Luv Timeline so....at this juncture in time...no not really...seeing as it's still around the 70's in our game

Mac84

Quote from: pendarious on April 05, 2017, 10:40:50 AM
There is actually a faction that dwells on artificial islands but that isn't until late 2004 or so in the Muv-Luv Timeline so....at this juncture in time...no not really...seeing as it's still around the 70's in our game

I thought we're mid-early 80s?

LordRod

This seems rather awesome but I'm afraid I will have to rescind my interest on this due to other commitments.

Thanks!

pendarious

it may be the 80's it's just been a while...

and that's too bad but take care of yourself and know that our door will be open if a spot ever opens up for it.