Hellsing Next Generation OOC

Started by Miyr, June 18, 2010, 09:50:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dark Deception

And no, you were wrong to suspect that I felt singled-out over having to post a profile. I always write a profile before I join any RP because it is a guide for myself since I'm always involved in a few other RPs. It reminds me of who I am playing. I don't know anyone who would complain or feel irritable to have to write a profile. It seems like common sense that everyone should have something to give their character some life, so he or she isn't played out haphazardly.

The mini boss thing was just an idea. If the plot looks like it's not leaning toward the Iscariot and Hellsing organizations still having  their gang-hate going on, then I'm willing to adapt to anything. They were just ideas. Before I had him as a mercenary, my idea was just to have him as a bum in London having survived the pretty much "apocalypse" when he was younger. His father had died trying to protect him and he carries his father's beat-up/yet still good rifle as a memento.

Currently involved in: 6 role plays

Orochimaru

I'm doing good. Finally making se of this netflix disc for the Wii... Too many DVD movies only...pretty lame, but I got it for free from my parents...so... I should not be complaining. lol

Kineas

I would say there's certainly still a lot of room for him to be hired by Iscariot but still working with our group, and I would say doubly so for a mercenary hired by Iscariot. If I were the head of an arrogant order of church-knights, I wouldn't want to send my best people to work with my ancient enemies~ I'd send the most expendable people I could while still honoring the orders of the pope.

I feel you're in a pretty flexible position with your character concept so far, personally. =3

---
Here's hoping the others log on soon~ I'm really itching to play with my new toy this character! x3

Miyr

If the mercenary survived the attack on London from the Nazi's, that's perfectly fine by me. I just ask that he be 55-60ish or older because it's been 50 years since the attack on London.
Been gone for almost two years. I apologize for my absence.

-Miyr

Dark Deception

lol Thanks (expendable).  O:) I'm going to enjoy this character because of the ethnicity I chose for him. You'd never guess (and no, it ain't Mexican lol). Well, it depends on the idea you guys go on with. I can't make this character solid until there's a solid plot to the relationship between Iscariot and Hellsing.

Hunter

*yawns*  I go out to do reiki on a friend who's in ICU.  Anyone die when I wasn't looking?

Kineas

Miyr

I'm sorry to hear about your friend Hunter, but I've done similar things myself.

Well honestly, the solid plot for the relationship between the two organizations probably won't be established for awhile, so hang in there ;D

-Miyr

Hunter

Okay, Alucard will be sleeping unless something needs killing.

Miyr

Okay, we're just trying to establish the cast and whatnot at this point, getting some character development going. But there will probably be a mission not too far off for Alucard to partake in.

-Miyr

DeviantMunster

Miyr

I'm not fully sure. I know that almost all the players are on right now, and that there are players anxiously awaiting for their chance. I'll skim over the thread, but I'm going to say that if you want to reply Deviant that you should go ahead.

-Miyr

DeviantMunster

Given this is a fast paced game, and everyone seems eager to post, I'm going to go ahead and mention that after this post, I won't be able to post again until late tonight. Sorries!

Miyr

Well depending on what's in your post, it's possible that Kineas and I can work around things to get his character introduced so that way the team is semi assembled and we can possibly set up the playing field for a mission.

-Miyr

DeviantMunster

You're more than welcome to control my character, so long as there's not a million posts between now and then >< The biggest deterrent for me is returning to find myself left with an entire page of posts to read! Especially if it was shortly after I last posted.

Miyr

I doubt that there'd be a page of posts. Kineas is just wanting to get his character established so we will probably run into Lyra. And I've got some things to do so I won't be at my computer 24/7 either.

-Miyr

Dark Deception

Alias: The Psychic
Race: Medium
Height: 5'11"
Weight: 190lbs
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Hazel
Ethnicity: Swiss
Religion: Believes in a God at least.
Languages: Fluent in Swiss-German, -French, and -Italian and knows some Rumantsch. His English was horrible when he fled to the UK, but it got better over the years he spent there. His English is now decent with hints of a very mingled accent.
Weaknesses: Human weaknesses

Trademark: Red Cross tattoo on his left bicep that he got done in memory of his home, Switzerland.

Basic Appearance: Has no access to civilian clothes currently. As for without clothes, he's a pretty lean man for someone deprived of good food. There isn't much to do at the mental institute but literally stroll the gardens with all the freaks and secretly practice bettering his powers. He sports a red cross on his left bicep, showing patriotism to his homeland of Switzerland. Scarred rings of bullet holes cover the front of his chest, which he received on duty and also last he was possessed. A silver crucifix is always about his neck--something he never removes.

Second Appearance: May fill this out later when he gets access to clothes.

Current Appearance: Plain, old, white, cotton shirt and trousers. The all-year round trend at the mental institution.

Personality: Sebastien is actually normal but because he has yet to master his powers, he has been put into a mental institute in London. He hears voices and they're actually others' thoughts and sometimes other things. Lately, he has been trying to master how to prevent everyones' thoughts from flooding his mind, but it's still something he's working on. Anyone who was with the guy in person might have had a normal conversation with him before he'd become alert, looking as though he were hearing something when there was actually no noise at all. There were moments where the Swissman had visions into the future only briefly and fall backs into the past. During those moments, he tends to zone out for what felt like to him to be quite the while but for others watching him 30 secs to a minute. He has mastered telekinesis where he can move, lift and stop inanimate objects. He knows he's not crazy, but being in a mental institution is driving him crazy. The doctors have tried to force him to believe he's schizophrenic, but he knows full-well he isn't. Before he was admitted to the mental institution, he used to drink for the alcohol kept him calm and relaxed; and made the voices leave. After having been possessed by a devil once, Sebastien has lost faith in himself and his ability to ever control his powers. Because of this, he feels that it is for his own good to remain locked up where he can't hurt anyone or himself. Having been alone for most of his life, the medium is used to an independent lifestyle and working alone. He trusts no one, having been betrayed more than once, he's come to believe that there is no good in society. Having been a murderer in the past, he has grown cold to most things that might have demanded sympathy, pity, or grief. He isn't entirely insensitive, but he felt that whatever happened had done so for a reason.

Other Secret: The man knows how to yodel pretty damn good.

Background: As a little boy growing up Switzerland, Sebastien had always showed signs that he was different from other children. It was one day that Sebastien began displaying malicious behavior. He had torn hair from the scalps of little girls at school and beat little boys until they were hospitalized. The parents became worried when he even began to violently turn on them. His parents being Catholic sought a priest from the Vatican, fearing that their little boy might have been possessed. As perceived, he had been; and the priest managed to exorcize the devil in Sebastien, giving him a special cross that kept evil away from his open spirit.

The boy and his parents were able to live peacefully. Sebastien had become an alter boy at the local church for a few years until the Catholics decided to show their true faces, having grown very fond of the child. During his molestation, Sebastien's mind acted out defensively in response to his distress and the potency of his powers filling his assilant caused him to implode. Scared, confused and stricken with shock, the other priests found Sebastien naked and soaked in blood amidst the carnage, and in their horror and bewilderment, felt that to uphold the name of the Catholic church to have the boy excommunicated. They brought back his old, demon possession issue and said that he was possessed by the devil himself, which had compelled him to murder the priest. With his parents and his home town being loyal to the faith, Sebastien could no longer remain at home and fled once he had learned rumors that the Iscariot were being sent to kill him.

At fourteen, Sebastien was on his own and was forced to learn how to live quickly and painfully. Having fled across the English channel, he got caught up in local Cockney gangs, learning how to steal, and also learning how to murder. With his abilities, it was easy. He was able to make a name for himself, and eventually sought to work with wealthier clients suspecting his gang was growing timid of his power. Sebastien became a hitman and his name lit up London's underworld. It was when Sebastien became drunk with wealth and money that his carelessness made him blind to treachery. Once the local mafia had owned the city, they no longer had a use for Sebastien and felt that his existence was a threat. They turned on him, beat him, but just before they could kill him there was an accident.

Police were called to the scene with reports of gunshots and screaming. They came across several mutilated bodies and a crazed man whose hands were red with blood and nails sticky with tissue. In a wild frenzy, he swiftly attacked police and was shot down. Sebastien was still alive though barely, which the police thought was a sick miracle. Being dubbed insane, he was hospitalized in a mental institution at 25, where before his full recovery, Sebastien was back on his feet and acting wild again.

The doctors were forced to blind him and strap him down to his bed though nothing seemed to calm him down. He continued to scream for days without losing his voice. His cries being so inhuman that none dared to ever enter his room not even to feed or clean him. One day a letter had came into the mail for Sebastien--the sender unknown. Within the envelope was a silver cross and believing it to be sent out of pity, one of the nurses boldly entered his room and placed it on his chest. Instantly, Sebastien's screaming and wild squirming had stopped as the devil had finally freed him. Exhausted, filthy, and malnourished, Sebastien had returned, and hadn't been the same ever since.

To this day, having learned the story of the cross, Sebastien suspected his mother had sent it. Whoever had really sent it though, he was grateful and will hopefully never have it separated from him again. Disturbed after learning all that has happened to him, the police thinking he was some sick criminal, the mental institution thinking he was simply a victim of his consciousness, and his home town thinking he was possessed by the devil, Sebastien had decided that the mental institution was the safest place for him to be.

Abilities Summary:
ESP - Sometimes, he can see into the future and back into the past. Reality seems to change around him as he becomes mentally detached when this happens, appearing to those witnessing that he zoned out. Lately, his own bloody past has been the only thing he would see, returning to haunt him. This ability also allows him to sometimes perceive what might have happened in a place, say a fresh crime scene, and be able to see what had happened at the scene as though he had been there. The ability has also allowed him to touch other people and see into their memory things they may not remember and see where all the places they've been before.
Telekinesis - This ability was what really gave him the title as Sharpshooter some years ago. Back before he was admitted to the mental institution, he had used this ability to guide his shots, making them extraordinarily accurate no matter what obstacle was in their way. Some suspected that it was magic, but it was that ability. It is suspected that he can even stop people and even levitate himself, but no one has ever witnessed this ability (and lived). While at the mental institution, he keeps his abilities hidden from everyone.
Telepathy - Except he hasn't mastered being able to send his thoughts to another's mind. Instead, other people's thoughts enter his mind, and he's trying to learn how to mute them.
Possession - The most dangerous ability the medium has, and the reason why he is in the mental institution. His body is like a room with an always open door. He wears a silver cross to keep the devils and evil spirits out of him for if one manages to possess him, he not only becomes deadly, but his own victim. Evil won't hesitate to have him perform strenuous and inhuman actions or take dangerous amounts of injuries. As long as that cross remains about his neck, he's safe; and he never takes it off.
Psychic Blast - Sebastien's only offensive mental ability. Anyone within five meters of the medium can receive the brunt force of this attack. The attack being transparent is invisible, but when he throws a blast in a certain direction it can be seen swiftly rippling through the air like heat and tearing up anything in its path. Sebastien had only once used this ability on his targets, back when he was a mercenary.

Psychological Condition: Paranoia, distrust, sleepwalking, and nightmares.

Equipment: None at the moment. He specializes in projectiles. Silver Cross about his neck that keeps evil away.

Current Story: Currently in a mental institute, feeling that it's best for him to stay there for his own good, so he doesn't hurt anyone or himself. He's been curing a few patients that have amnesia and suppressed memories, but the doctors don't know that those patients are being cured by him. Lately, the Catholic church has learned of his new location and though finding it suitable for him, they aren't satisfied with the idea of the devil's host still being alive and have every intention to eventually get rid of him.

Miyr

Before I even begin considering Sebastien being approved, I would like some more information on his cyborg abilities. I honestly don't think that it's very Hellsing-verse, but I am willing to consider it.

Also, every character has flaws and weaknesses. I see absolutely no drawbacks posted for Sebastien and it's one of the things I want more information about. There's been great concern with preventing characters from being too powerful, thus why everyone has some sort of limitation that's been agreed upon either in the OOC or privately in PMs.

-Miyr

Kineas

I'm also a bit curious about some aspects of your character~ you basically stated he's got 230 pounds of cybernetics in him, and I can't help but feel like that's quite a lot! It may be subtly incorporated, but that amount of steel would easily be enough to cover the entire outside of your body in an inch of steel~! (I'm assuming we're working with steel here, and not something heavier o.O' )

Just what exactly has been robotized? I might be making this too technical (if you just guessed at a weight, that's fine; ignore me) but I'm curious as to how bullet proof this guy is gonna be. xD

Miyr and I were talking OOC, and we did end up covering that magnets and Lightning (but not shurikens) would be things you'd have to watch out for~ <3  Wondering if there would be anything else you'd like to add?

I'm definitely starting to feel like one of the squishier members of the group though xD

Hunter

Miyr

Yeah I'm a bit uncomfortable with the character. Everyone's gone through the whole limitation thing with me... Because this is the "New Generation" of people fighting as Hellsing and Iscariot. So I was kind of hoping that they'd all develop and mature together... Like with their abilities, bonds, and teamwork etc.

-Miyr

Dark Deception

What are you talking about no weaknesses? He has a decent weakness list. What I said he can do is all there and you say TOO sci-fi? You have regenerators, artificial vampired, and the Fuher was a life-like android, and your telling me genetic engineering is allowed but not borgs? He's more human than borg, and as far as his bulletproof goes, physically, small caliber weaponry like pistol fire and revolver. He can't take a shotgun, SMG, rocket launcher, etc.

I'm trying to avoid super technical with this profile when no one else had to write a research paper to explain their character. As for how heavy my character is, I was tossing a wild card estimate because if I made him a natural weight that sounded unusual. I'm not home yet, but I will be in some minutes.

If this is too much, then I'll edit his profile with the other idea I had for him, but he won't be a mercenary or American (he won't be a borg). He'd be pure Swiss.

Kineas

Gonna play a game of scrabble, will be back later ~ <3

Dark Deception

I'm home now, and I'm changing it. This may allow me to not lazily, half-ass his background but with the way I'm feeling right now, lol, I think I'm still going to half-ass. I'm just feeling very half-assy today. I think it's because I return to university Saturday *sighs*

Dark Deception

I changed him. I'm going to be working on his background, which will mostly be based around his past as a Rifleman and what led up to him being in the loony bin.