What's in the news?

Started by Beorning, September 21, 2014, 07:02:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Far eyes

Well i am guessing the plan is to grown them in greenhouses, i am guessing its more the soil since it would be unpractical to actually drag soil from here to there. That would be some of the most expensive dirt ever. 
What a man says: "Through roleplaying, I want to explore the reality of the female experience and gain a better understanding of what it means to be a woman."

What he means: "I like lesbians".
A/A
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=180557.0

gaggedLouise

Quote from: Far eyes on April 15, 2016, 03:44:06 AM
Well i am guessing the plan is to grown them in greenhouses, i am guessing its more the soil since it would be unpractical to actually drag soil from here to there. That would be some of the most expensive dirt ever.

Mmm, true. I would suggest the Asterix strain - it's firm, tasty and already has a nice reddish skin.  ;)

Good girl but bad  -- Proud sister of the amazing, blackberry-sweet Violet Girl

Sometimes bound and cuntrolled, sometimes free and easy 

"I'm a pretty good cook, I'm sitting on my groceries.
Come up to my kitchen, I'll show you my best recipes"

Avis habilis

Far eyes

Well "oops"
I am surprised it ate the backup to
What a man says: "Through roleplaying, I want to explore the reality of the female experience and gain a better understanding of what it means to be a woman."

A/A

Lustful Bride

Avis habilis

Luckily* it sounds like he's a one-man operation, so he's only doomed himself.

*for certain values of "luck"

Far eyes

Well him self and about 1280 or so randoms who had information on the servers.
Now there is a surprise for the morning blood pressure

A/A

Oniya

Quote from: Far eyes on April 15, 2016, 07:38:19 AM
Well "oops"
I am surprised it ate the backup to

The drives that the backups were stored on got mounted by an earlier part of the routine.  This is why having backups on removable media, stored for longer than a single pass, is a good idea. 
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Lustful Bride

TaintedAndDelish

Quote from: Oniya on April 15, 2016, 09:55:26 AM
The drives that the backups were stored on got mounted by an earlier part of the routine.  This is why having backups on removable media, stored for longer than a single pass, is a good idea.

If the story is true ( notice it doesn't state which company got burned, which would be newsworthy in itself ) the drives can probably be recovered, but the downtime and expense of not doing business could make it not worth the effort depending on the value of the data. There was some discussion about this on Slashdot the other day for those who are curious:

https://developers.slashdot.org/story/16/04/14/1542246/man-deletes-his-entire-company-with-one-line-of-bad-code

Oniya

Yeah, the server-questions site has it currently flagged as a hoax.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!

Lustful Bride

Saudia Arabia warns of Economic reprocussions should Congress pass a 9/11 bill.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/saudi-arabia-warns-of-economic-fallout-if-congress-passes-9-11-bill/ar-BBrOK1M?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=HPCOMMDHP15

Though the 9/11 Commision has stated that they found no signs of Saudi Arabian officials being involved with 9/11. 

Though this sudden knee jerk reaction does not help their image.

In other news, a new ISIS letter demands the death of multiple American Imams who have publicly denounced ISIS, as well as demanding the death of a Muslim US congressman.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/islamic-state-threatens-muslim-congressman-clinton-aide/ar-BBrOa3F?li=BBnbfcL&ocid=HPCOMMDHP15

They look less like a terrorist group and more like Angsty teens throwing a tantrum and demanding violently to be taken seriously like the big boys.

Funnily Enough North Korea does the same as yet another missile test fails. X3

gaggedLouise

Quote from: Lustful Bride on April 15, 2016, 10:57:50 PM

In other news, a new ISIS letter demands the death of multiple American Imams who have publicly denounced ISIS, as well as demanding the death of a Muslim US congressman.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/islamic-state-threatens-muslim-congressman-clinton-aide/ar-BBrOa3F?li=BBnbfcL&ocid=HPCOMMDHP15

They look less like a terrorist group and more like Angsty teens throwing a tantrum and demanding violently to be taken seriously like the big boys.

Those guys need to feel some kicked asses - their own.  :D

Locally, one of Sweden's most infamous and long-running career criminals, with a gazillion of major bank heists, robberies, kidnappings, assaults - and several spectacular escapes from jail - under his belt, has been killed in a fire at his home, aged seventy. A real "hardcore gangster celebrity". While he wasn't actually involved in the heist that created the term "Stockholm syndrome" he knew those men personally, and for a long time he used to be referred to as "the most dangerous man in the land".

Far eyes

Fundamental extremist religions always end up looking like a bunch of twaty teenagers. As for ISIS and on a side note fuck them for using an Egyptian goddesses name and fucking it up a bit for everybody. I always feel a bit split on it partially i think it should handled responsible, but there is always a part of me that wants to go "Hey look we made a glass desert for you, stop fucking with us" 

As for Saudia Arabia one of these days they will run out of oil and promptly everybody in the west is going to forget there number.

North Korea - the kind of funny thing about NK is i firmly belive if they ever engaged in anything like the start of a real action the US would not even have time to go "Hey you" before China flattened them so hard they would disappear from history. For purely self centered reasons to.

A/A

Oniya

Quote from: Far eyes on April 16, 2016, 05:37:50 AM
As for ISIS and on a side note fuck them for using an Egyptian goddesses name and fucking it up a bit for everybody.

This is one of the reasons I continue to refer to them as Daesh.

A reminder to carefully consider your acronyms when you name your 'bad-ass' terrorist group.

Lustful Bride

Quote from: Oniya on April 16, 2016, 11:18:58 AM
This is one of the reasons I continue to refer to them as Daesh.

A reminder to carefully consider your acronyms when you name your 'bad-ass' terrorist group.

There is one group whose name is the Morro Islamist Liberation Front.....

I guess the Security forces are going to fuck the MILFs  HAHAHAHAHA

Far eyes

Thats interesting and Daesh it is.

EDIT: I somtimes really love my friends
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

A/A

Lustful Bride

Quote from: Far eyes on April 16, 2016, 12:21:46 PM
Thats interesting and Daesh it is.

EDIT: I somtimes really love my friends
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

I Actually like the Facebook page of a Brony Artist who was a soldier, who has now been in Iraq helping the resistance groups fight Daesh as a volunteer.

Lustful Bride

Lustful Bride

My God that Earthquake in Ecuador...its...what the hell is up lately with all of these Earth Quakes?

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/earthquake-kills-246-in-ecuador-people-still-trapped/ar-BBrQvfh?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=HPCOMMDHP15

246 Dead. Many more Trapped and/or Missing.

Blythe

Quote from: Lustful Bride on April 17, 2016, 08:08:15 PM
My God that Earthquake in Ecuador...its...what the hell is up lately with all of these Earth Quakes?

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/earthquake-kills-246-in-ecuador-people-still-trapped/ar-BBrQvfh?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=HPCOMMDHP15

246 Dead. Many more Trapped and/or Missing.

The death toll keeps getting higher. The last article I read about this had the number at 233.

My heart goes out to Ecuador.  :-(

gaggedLouise

The deputy prime minister of this country Åsa Romson (green party) namechecks 9/11 as "accidents" on morning tv. *deep sigh*

I hope this doesn't make it big into international news - wondering if there's going to be a U.S. diplomatic reaction. Actually I e-mailed the powers that be earlier this afternoon and urged that she should be made to leave the government at once - this isn't the first time she's putting her foot seriously in the mouth (and this is a kind of reaction I don't even get close to most of the time). Luckily, "deputy" is just a title, she's not really the one who would sit in on the top if the PM falls ill.  :P

Far eyes

I wanted to say that maybe it was a translation error but after reading her clarification on it, no she is just one of those people who are so left wing that she fell of the curve hit her head 3 times and now lives in fairly-tale land with the unicorns.

A/A

gaggedLouise

There was a point back in 2003 when a senior minister called GWB "that effin' Texas bloke". That was half "off the record" though, and I think it was cleared up without any major trouble with a personal phone call to Bush.  ;D

Oniya

Quote from: gaggedLouise on April 19, 2016, 10:14:01 AM
There was a point back in 2003 when a senior minister called GWB "that effin' Texas bloke". That was half "off the record" though, and I think it was cleared up without any major trouble with a personal phone call to Bush.  ;D

Have to admit, there have been times that I've said that.  Of course, I don't move in diplomatic circles.  ;D