News:

Main Menu

Dracula Untold

Started by Wolven Soul, February 16, 2015, 05:46:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wolven Soul

Just saw this yesterday, and it was better than I was expecting it to be.  It makes Vlad out to be a far more sympathetic figure than he probably was though.  Even still, I enjoyed it.  Luke Evans was really good in the role, someone you might know as Bard from Lord of the Rings.  There was some really good action sequences and some neat affects.  I would not call it a truly great movie, there was not a lot of emotional impact, but it was really fun to watch.

Also, it makes me want to do a vampire role play where the vampire is locked away for centuries until some condition is met, lol.  :P
Est Sularis Oth Mithas

My O/O's

MsMonster

I have been pretty curious about this movie. I have not hear very many good things, however. I'm sure I will give it a shot as I generally like to make up my own mind. :)

Mathim

A classmate told me there was an inexcusable, glaring plot hole that destroyed the entire premise. I wasn't excited to see it anyway but bad storytelling is a major pet peeve so if that classmate misreported that big flub, I'd appreciate hearing about it.
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

Wolven Soul

I couldn't tell ya unless I know what the flub was.  I can think of one part that is not exactly the same as the history, but I was not really expecting that going in. 

Like I said, not a great movie, but it was a fun one to watch.
Est Sularis Oth Mithas

My O/O's

Mathim

Quote from: Wolven Soul on February 17, 2015, 09:08:30 AM
I couldn't tell ya unless I know what the flub was.  I can think of one part that is not exactly the same as the history, but I was not really expecting that going in. 

Like I said, not a great movie, but it was a fun one to watch.

From what I remember, something to do with a cave.
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

Wolven Soul

Ahh, I wonder if you mean the fact that in Dracula Untold he gets turned by another vampire, but in the original story he kind of curses himself into it.  Never read the book, not the whole way anyway, but I saw the movie Bram Stoker's Dracula.  Maybe that's what it is.
Est Sularis Oth Mithas

My O/O's

Mathim

Quote from: Wolven Soul on February 18, 2015, 05:57:23 AM
Ahh, I wonder if you mean the fact that in Dracula Untold he gets turned by another vampire, but in the original story he kind of curses himself into it.  Never read the book, not the whole way anyway, but I saw the movie Bram Stoker's Dracula.  Maybe that's what it is.

I'm not sure. It also had something to do with being trapped, like a give-and-take which couldn't be gotten out of but somehow it happens.