Mispronouncing Members Usernames

Started by Sabby, January 05, 2015, 01:32:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sabby

I always read Kimbersqk as Kimbersquicks and Kimbskewky, and now I just call her Kimbercookies.

Which members names have you intentionally or unintentionally messed up?

Kimbersqk

Smiles and giggles. i love this place and the people. Things are so random and funny. kimbercookies will now be my given name at least in the Shout Box by Sabby. :D Who knows.. Maybe it will venture out into IRC too. Never know. *hugs you tight*

A name a mispronounce... Majere Dreavan. I pronounce it in my head as "Major" with a short a then "Dree-ven" "ee" is long and then the second "e" is short.

What do i end up "calling" him? MD. It is easier and well... i know i'm right with shortening it to MD. *laughs* :D
Love is like a butterfly; It goes where it pleases and it pleases wherever it goes.
It has been said that something as small as the flutter of a butterfly's wing can ultimately cause a typhoon half way around the world. - Chaos Theory from Butterfly Effect

Kimber's O/O's
Sorries
Kimber doing what she loves. Signing C'est La Vie by B*Witched

Inkidu

This is sort of why I changed my name from Inkedu to Inkidu (Inky-due but short almost one syllable). They're actually supposed to be pronounced the same but people would actually spell it wrong so I figured Inkidu was a bit more phonetically appropriate and a little cuter. Plus Inki works for a writing site better.

Personally, I've had trouble with Kimber's name in my head, so I just call her Kimber. Also Beorning, gives me fits because I know it's probably something like
(Bey-or-ning) but I keep pronouncing it beo-ring in my head. :P
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

persephone325

lol I have the hardest time pronouncing "Mithlomwen" for some reason. I was always saying "Mithlowen", and leaving out the "m".

After a while, I just started saying "Mith" like everyone else. XD

I sometimes still get tripped up with "Niferbelle". *giggles
This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

King Serperior

Quote from: persephone325 on January 06, 2015, 06:13:49 PM
lol I have the hardest time pronouncing "Mithlomwen" for some reason. I was always saying "Mithlowen", and leaving out the "m".
I say her name in my head as "Myth-Woman."  I could never pronounce that correctly, even if I tried!  *laughs*

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace
SFW Image Ideas for Scifi, Fantasy, Horror, and Steampunk Games! | My various characters, if you are curious! | I am a Rainbow Writer!
Post Rate: 1 post per game every 1-4 weeks on average  ||| I encourage any and all random PMs.

persephone325

Quote from: King Serperior on January 06, 2015, 06:52:06 PM
I say her name in my head as "Myth-Woman."  I could never pronounce that correctly, even if I tried!  *laughs*

XD!! I'm sure she won't mind that! lol I know I'd take it as a compliment. *giggles*
This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

MabFaerie

Every single time I see Aislinn's name, I have NO clue how I'm supposed to pronounce it.
The reason why I get so confused is because Aislinn is actually a variant spelling on the name Aisling/Aislin, an Irish name that is pronounced "Ash-Ling" or "Ash-lynne".

However, I actually prefer to pronounce is like Eyes-lynne and I have heard a few others pronounce it as Eyes-lynne too. As such, I always have a mini moment of panic when I see it like "Oh no, is it Eyes-Lynne? Is it Ash-lynne? Does she want the proper Irish pronunciation? Am I wrong?" XD
The mind is it's own place; and can make a heaven of hell; and a hell of heaven.

Aislinn

Only a few months late in responding to this....=-)

The only way I've ever pronounced "Aislinn" is "Eyes-lynn". It's an English variant of the proper pronunciation but I love it.
"I am the one thing in life I can control
I am inimitable I am an original
I'm not falling behind or running late
I'm not standing still,
I am lying in wait.”

Deamonbane

I've always pronounced it Aish-lynn....
Angry Sex: Because it's Impolite to say," You pissed me off so much I wanna fuck your brains out..."

AmberStarfire

I have a niece named Aisling and we pronounce it Ash-ling, but I remember you telling me about your preferred pronounciation, so I tend to pronounce your name differently in my head.

Phantomhive

Believe it or not my own username, originally was meant to be slightly different but then I figured ok for ease it wil be the same.

One more for the record is Lanewar not to mess it up with lane war but more like lan i war once called em lawn mower hehe.
There is no hiding who you are, legacy or curse all means the same thing to a Phantomhive. He will find me and remind me of my obligations and I guess I had a good run, because I know he will find me. In the end you can't escape who you are and yet one keeps trying until  thoughts become reality.

Ariel

I just saw orderNchaos and thought it said "OrderNachos" and was like "OKAY".

>.>
Not accepting new RPs

Apologies | Ons/Offs | Finds | Requests + Rumbelle Craving

King Serperior

Quote from: Ariel on December 07, 2015, 11:07:49 PM
I just saw orderNchaos and thought it said "OrderNachos" and was like "OKAY".

>.>
That is EXACTLY what I thought when I first ran into him!  :o

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace
SFW Image Ideas for Scifi, Fantasy, Horror, and Steampunk Games! | My various characters, if you are curious! | I am a Rainbow Writer!
Post Rate: 1 post per game every 1-4 weeks on average  ||| I encourage any and all random PMs.

Sabby

Chi

~~~ Language is my canvas, and words are my palette. Wanna finger paint?  ~~~

Phantomhive

lol I have and will always call you Chi you are most definitely the good sort but I would never sit on you hehehe
There is no hiding who you are, legacy or curse all means the same thing to a Phantomhive. He will find me and remind me of my obligations and I guess I had a good run, because I know he will find me. In the end you can't escape who you are and yet one keeps trying until  thoughts become reality.