How many postwhores does it takes to change a light bulb?

Started by stormkitten, October 27, 2009, 12:05:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stormkitten

How many postwhores does it takes to change a light bulb?

1 to change the light bulb and to post that the light bulb has been changed

14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently

7 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs

1 to move it to the Lighting section

2 to argue then move it to the Electricals section

7 to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing light bulbs

5 to flame the spell checkers

3 to correct spelling/grammar flames

6 to argue over whether it's "lightbulb" or "light bulb" ... another 6 to condemn those 6 as stupid

2 industry professionals to inform the group that the proper term is "lamp"

15 know-it-alls who claim they were in the industry, and that "light bulb" is perfectly correct

19 to post that this forum is not about light bulbs and to please take this discussion to a lightbulb forum

11 to defend the posting to this forum saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the posts are relevant to this forum

36 to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for this technique and what brands are faulty

7 to post URL's where one can see examples of different light bulbs

4 to post that the URL's were posted incorrectly and then post the corrected URL's

3 to post about links they found from the URL's that are relevant to this group which makes light bulbs relevant to this group

13 to link all posts to date, quote them in their entirety including all headers and signatures, and add "Me too"

5 to post to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot handle the light bulb controversy

4 to say "didn't we go through this already a short time ago?"

13 to say "do a Google search on light bulbs before posting questions about light bulbs"

1 forum lurker to respond to the original post 6 months from now and start it all over again.

2 to say that they have already saw this post and its "old stupid shit."
"I thought of a wonderful present for you. Shall I give you despair?"

~Twisted Romance & Dark Tales~
*Extreme: Pregnancy & Breeding* 
ONS and OFFS

Vekseid

Ace Flyer

That...is so true...

The sad thing is, I started such a topic once. Only, replace "lightbulbs" with "blackholes" and you have my thread of chaos...I will never post about science again on a site.

Trieste

On this site, we welcome both science and SCIENCE! - you can find both in Elliquiy U. :)

Ace Flyer

Heh, if you insist. Still, I think I'll keep my random science knowledge hidden for now...At least until the movie 2012 comes out.

...or I find my blackhole book.

Trieste

I could ramble on about committed steps of metabolic pathways and whatnot, if it'd make you feel better.

I'm afraid I can only dip my toe in the quantums pool though.

For now.

thebobmaster

That's OK...I brought SCIENCE! [/Dr. Insano, who most people have probably not heard of]
Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

RP Ideas:New and Approved!

Ace Flyer

Metabolic pathways...? Sounds like biology. I'm no good with biology. Worst class I've ever had to take in my life...

So I stick to confusing people with random facts ^^ Or, if I'm in a bad mood, convincing them the world will ending in a little over three years.

Kotah

Finally in a rage we scream at the top of our lungs into this lonely night, begging and pleading they stop sucking up dry.There as guilty as sin, still as they always do when faced with an angry mob: they wipe the blood from their mouths and calm us down with their words of milk and honey. So the play begins, we the once angry mob are now pacified and sit quietly entertained. But the curtain exists far from now becasue their lies have been spoken. My dear, have you forgotten what comes next? This is the part where we change the world.

Trieste

Quote from: Zerath on October 27, 2009, 12:38:54 AM
Metabolic pathways...? Sounds like biology. I'm no good with biology. Worst class I've ever had to take in my life...

Biochem, baby!

Ace Flyer

Biochem? *shudders* Even worse...Well, no, not really. I took Organic Chem, and aside from when I had to draw the compounds (especially hexane and heptane...I could draw everything neatly but those two for some odd reason), it was alright.

stormkitten

ONS and OFFS

Chevalier des Poissons

-I have Maro's heart, and I promise to take good care of it-

A & A

MasterMischief

Quote from: Vekseid on October 27, 2009, 12:10:32 AM
You have just defined irony

Being a postwhore, can I post my response to that thread in this thread too?   :P

Or maybe I will just post the suggestion of it, thereby giving the appearance of cleverness, while really just increasing my postwhore count.

Saerrael

Quote from: MasterMischief on October 27, 2009, 09:11:33 PM
Being a postwhore, can I post my response to that thread in this thread too?   :P

Or maybe I will just post the suggestion of it, thereby giving the appearance of cleverness, while really just increasing my postwhore count.

I'm laughing so loud right now...

Chevalier des Poissons

Quote from: MasterMischief on October 27, 2009, 09:11:33 PM

Newb! I could easily introduce an incomplete idea here, causing you to ask me for further explanations, then explain it in a confused way, causing you to say you didn't get it, then we would get into an internet fight because of my way to explain things X your understanding of it, then Vekseid would ban us both, then we would become friends, buy the Afhganistan and bomb every forum leaders world wide and become the ultimate overlord of reality.

Or I can just post something non-sense to make people laugh and that's it:

A & A

MasterMischief

Chevalier des Poissons

Oh, you are like a brother to me.

C'mon, let's get married <3

A & A

stormkitten

Is this a 60 watt or a 100 watt light bulb?

Oh, I am confident that it is light bulb
as I conducted a very definite investigation
into the matter.

http://www.googlefight.com/index.php?lang=en_GB&word1=light+bulb&word2=lightbulb

ONS and OFFS

Kotah

Finally in a rage we scream at the top of our lungs into this lonely night, begging and pleading they stop sucking up dry.There as guilty as sin, still as they always do when faced with an angry mob: they wipe the blood from their mouths and calm us down with their words of milk and honey. So the play begins, we the once angry mob are now pacified and sit quietly entertained. But the curtain exists far from now becasue their lies have been spoken. My dear, have you forgotten what comes next? This is the part where we change the world.

Inkidu

If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Brittany

Your math is wrong. 

You missed the one that links a Rick Astley video while claiming it's something to do with lightbulbs!

Chuukun

Quote from: thebobmaster on October 27, 2009, 12:35:12 AM
That's OK...I brought SCIENCE! [/Dr. Insano, who most people have probably not heard of]

Whoo, a Dr. Insano-reference! Awesome! How did you do it?

With science, of course!

Sultrynets

Quote from: Chevalier Shambler de Poissons on October 27, 2009, 09:21:09 PM
Newb! I could easily introduce an incomplete idea here, causing you to ask me for further explanations, then explain it in a confused way, causing you to say you didn't get it, then we would get into an internet fight because of my way to explain things X your understanding of it, then Vekseid would ban us both, then we would become friends, buy the Afhganistan and bomb every forum leaders world wide and become the ultimate overlord of reality.

Or I can just post something non-sense to make people laugh and that's it:

Sounds like something a friend of mine would *Laughs so hard that she falls on the floor*
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td][/tr][/table]

Nimmy

Quote from: SpookyGhostBrittany on October 29, 2009, 05:29:14 PM
Your math is wrong. 

You missed the one that links a Rick Astley video while claiming it's something to do with lightbulbs!

*must... resist... urge...*