Only War(WH40K Game: Alive, Going strong and accepting characters! )

Started by Urbanzorro, March 02, 2011, 03:16:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MissMeep

Quote from: Urbanzorro on March 23, 2011, 11:19:31 AM
Saddly the Callidus assassin is in fact an NPC. Though there are slots in the sisters of battle, and the imperial guard that are open.

No problem.  I've played both of those before, so will pass this time around.

Good luck though! Lot of effort gone into this.

Krayz

*fervently wishes his little brother had swayed him back to the Inquisition before someone had filled the slot*

._.

SomeGuy

Quote from: Krayz on March 23, 2011, 03:44:24 PM
*fervently wishes his little brother had swayed him back to the Inquisition before someone had filled the slot*

._.

Like I said, I'd be fine playing a stormtrooper if someone really wants to play an Inquisitor.

Krayz

Quote from: SomeGuy on March 23, 2011, 10:00:01 PM
Like I said, I'd be fine playing a stormtrooper if someone really wants to play an Inquisitor.

Are you sure? Sure sure? I kind of left the fine ladies and gentlemen here hanging, so I don't feel it's right for me to just walk in, mope a bit, and get what I want. If you really don't give a damn either way, then ok, but otherwise have fun :)

Silk

Image:

Name: Sister Eclypsia

Character's Allegiance: Sisters of Battle

Position: Sister Superior

Personal history: After spending her childhood in the cloistered halls of the Ecclesiarchy her entire life has been spent in the service of the Emperor, it was a certainty that she would spend her adult life as part of the Sisters of Battle.

When she finnaly came of age Eclypsia was a force of holy fire on the battlefield, she had a great talent with close combat weaponry, it was no supprise that she was soon have her pattern bolter replaced with a bolt pistol and close combat weapon.

During Eclypsias first campaign she had shown her true faith and prowess in battle, as she fought against the fallen space marines of chaos with fevor that only a sister of battle could acomplish. Cut off from reinforcements, her units superior died in single combat against the enemy commander, taking up her Power sword, Eclypsia continued the battle against him, after many hours of combat she finnaly struck the final blow, leading straight to a feirce battle, but because of the loss of their leader, the chaos forces were never able to recover and were ultimately routed.

As a rewards for her valor that day Eclypsia was named the new Sister Superior of her unit, as her faith was so absolute she would not only stand against, but overcome one of the imperiums greatest foes. Since the dawn of the Intrepid Crusade, Eclypsia was one of the first to volunteer her services to the cause.

Stats Before War Gear:

Health: 7
Attack:  6
Ranged Attack:
Accuracy:7
Agility: 6
Intelligence: 5
Defense: 6
Perception: 5
Stealth:3
Luck:5

War Gear:
Power armour       2
Power weapon      4
Cloak of st Aspira   4
Purity seals      1
Inferno Pistol      5
Annointed weapon   6
Auspex         2
Krak Grenade      1

Stats After War Gear:
Health: 8
Attack:  11 (all targets)
Ranged Attack:
Infantry: 7
Vehicle: 6 (8 with krak grenade)
Accuracy:7
Agility: 6
Intelligence: 5
Defense: 15
Perception: 8
Stealth:3
Luck:5

SomeGuy

Thinking of this for picture then.

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

ArtemisHighmore

Urbanzorro

For in the grim dark future of the 41st millennium there are only boats and hoes

The picture looks fine to me :)

If you're happy with it then character approved ;D
I'm a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar.

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

NotoriusBEN

Im feeling like flexing my writing muscles again.

I havent looked through all pages yet but:

Has the Imperial Psyker been taken?
I very much like to burn things... with my mind... :P

Plus, only awesomeness can come from fighting an Ork Weirdboy!

Urbanzorro

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

NotoriusBEN

And here's my Psyker. More flavor than anything, can the Lightning Arc be Fire?

Image: http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs31/f/2008/229/1/0/RedMage_by_FantasyAce.jpg
Name: Pyrist Cain Mallear
Age: 36 (12 of which were on Black Ships and Holy Terra for Psykic Judgement and Training)
Character's Allegiance: IG
Position: Imperial Sanctioned Psyker
Personal history:

Pain through Nerve Induction - Right hand is horribly scarred, uncomfortable around bald, robed women. 

Cain Mallear was a newly inducted Battle Psyker when he was stationed with a contingent of the Imperial Guard to fight on the Chaos invaded world of Seldon's Folly. The initial landings proved successfull, but the battle quickly turned into a meat-grinder as Chaos daemons and heretics spawned from what remained of the local population on the Hive World. Fighting was brutal, constant, and very personal. Soldiers not only fought for ground, they warred within their own souls over the subtle influence of Chaos. Cain and many other psykers were as much a source of inspiration as a liability due to their nature of shielding their battle brethren or succumbing to the Taint.

Towards the ending months of the engagement, Battleship commanders decided it was more prudent to just raze the planet with all on it. It would be easier and less time consuming to just kill everything rather than sort out the Chaos-tainted survivors. Engaging daemons in a Moholithic mining factory, it wasn't until Cain and division survivors resurfaced that they found the planet charred and sheeted in glass.

Resigning himself to his fate, Cain meditated in the wind swept peace of the devastated landscape content that his end would come peacefully where so many others mutated, burned, and corrupted along with their souls. Days passed and Cain was nearing the end when the tiny prick of psyniscience told of another psyker in the blackness of space. Cain reached out and touched the mind of the other. Within hours, the Hull of the Void Bound could be seen as a tiny speck against the black.

Transfered to The Yuktobian "Lucky" 7th, Cain begins anew fighting the greenskins. Far less terrifying if no less ferocious.

Stats - 45points
  Health: 5
  Attack:  9  (15, 13) (+6 vs. Psykers, +4 vs. All Other Enemies)
  Accuracy: 7
  Agility: 5
  Intelligence: 6
  Defense: 4  (10) (+6 Carapace Armor, Runes of Power)
  Perception: 4
  Stealth: 2
  Luck: 3
  Ranged Attack: 0 (+1 Laspistol)

Wargear/Abilities - 8points
  LasPistol - 1point
    Effect: +1 Ranged Attack, +1 Attack, One handed weapon allowing its user to wield a second weapon simultaniously
  Psycho-reactive staff - 3points
    Effect: +6 Attack vs Psychic Enemies +4 Attack vs All Other Enemies, 
  Carapace Armor - 2points
    Effect: +3 Defense
  Runes of Power - 2points
    Effect: +3 Defense, allows Psychic abilities to be used one extra time per mission.

Psychic Abilites - 12points
•Machine curse: Harms enemy vehicles with psychic power.
    Effect: Counts as a 7 Point Attack vs Enemy Vehicles
    Can be used twice per mission
•Psychic ward: Allows the Psyker to block enemy psychic attacks.
    Effect: Enemy Psychic attacks cannot be used for a random amount of time.
    Can be used once per mission
•Psychic lash: Uses Warp energy to attack and wound nearby enemies that goes through armor.
    Effect: A single enemy receives a 5 point attack directly against their Health rather than their Defense
    Can be used once per mission
•Lightning arc: Launches lightning at nearby enemies
    Effect: Between 1 and 12 enemies receive a 3 point attack
    Can be used 4 times per mission

Also, zorro, If My psyker is good to go, I am assuming Im with the commissar and the other IG in the landing bay? More than likely arriving with a subsequent transport?

Kevben Battleheart

I am not Urban, so what I say doesn't really matter, but a veteran can't have a Long-las, which is already taken by another member. They need to be a Deathworlder to access it, and I think she also has the Ripper Pistol as well.

Edit: Was wrong about the ripper pistol, there's 2 in supply, but there's only 1 Long-Las.
The Saga of Battleheart (O/O's)The Vault of Victory  ♥
The World of Adalern (currently closed to critiquing)
Tell one your thoughts, but beware of two. All know what is known to three.
Thought for the week: Harden your soul against decadence, but do not despise it for the soft appearance of the decadent may be deceiving.

uoheinrich

Enemies of the Imperium hear me. You have come here to die, the Immortal Emperor is with us and we are invincible. His soldiers will strike you down, his war machines will crush you under their treads, his mighty guns will bring the very sky crashing down upon you... You cannot win.

AusGre

Urbanzorro

There is in fact only one vet slot which is already filled, also for your war gear list to work you'd have to take death worlder in order to have acces to the ripper pistol and you would need to lose the long las. The is only one, and it is already taken by another character.

Just as a side note, the limit on the supply of some items was put in place by me in order to create a group of diverse characters rather than a group of pure shotgunners, snipers, heavy bolter marinesm ect.

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Ironwolf85

Prudence, justice, temperance, courage, faith, hope, love...
debate any other aspect of my faith these are the heavenly virtues. this flawed mortal is going to try to adhere to them.

Culture: the ability to carve an intricate and beautiful bowl from the skull of a fallen enemy.
Civilization: the ability to put that psycho in prision for killing people.

Silk

Ironwolf85

cool, not sure what I wanted to do with my old character anyway, but this got really far away from me.
meh... could always try a xeno and get killed lol
nah I'll come up with somthing
Prudence, justice, temperance, courage, faith, hope, love...
debate any other aspect of my faith these are the heavenly virtues. this flawed mortal is going to try to adhere to them.

Culture: the ability to carve an intricate and beautiful bowl from the skull of a fallen enemy.
Civilization: the ability to put that psycho in prision for killing people.

AusGre

QuoteThere is in fact only one vet slot which is already filled, also for your war gear list to work you'd have to take death worlder in order to have acces to the ripper pistol and you would need to lose the long las. The is only one, and it is already taken by another character.

Just as a side note, the limit on the supply of some items was put in place by me in order to create a group of diverse characters rather than a group of pure shotgunners, snipers, heavy bolter marinesm ect.

Ah, maybe I misunderstood the supply system and who could have it. I just remember the original post saying: if this person has weapon A, that doesn't mean that the other person can't have weapon A, as well.

Then, I have a question about the Afriel Strain, can it be combined with the Stormtrooper? I saw that you had one slot open for it and I would like to know, before I start ripping my character apart.

Urbanzorro

Saddly no it cannot be combined with Stormtrooper as it is not part of the Stormtrooper list.

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

AusGre

Mmm, alright. Well, let me get to fixing this character, sorry about all the trouble.

Urbanzorro

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

AusGre

Unfortunately, it will have to be later tonight. I've deleted the character, the idea I had in mind did not suit well with the other options of the Imperial Guardsman that I saw, it's alright though I have some other ideas brewing in the noggin'. I was thinking about adding to the ranks of the Adeptus Sororitas or perhaps something that's needed, any suggestions for me? I shall return later tonight, I have work unfortunately!