Re: A Country's Downfall (Court Members needed!)

Started by Caela, March 23, 2011, 02:13:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caela

Okies, I've given Bubby and Zarazel teh go ahead to make Knight/Warrior characters. For the time being those will be the last warrior types we take. We really need members of the Court. Dukes, Counts, servants, etc. They can be trained and know how to fight but they won't be knight/warriors as much as they will be members of the Court with something to lose if the Princess doesn't manage to keep some of her authority.

Bloody Rose

Name: Izaya Kiruna
Orientation: Bisexual
Appearance:
Personality: Quiet and deductive, she is the type of woman who thinks things through before acting. She has a code of honor and will follow it even if it kills her. She does not know love, she does not know sex or anything about human interactions. Her training made her into a assassin with a heart of gold for those she considers worthy. It’s very rare to hear her speak and most people who know her believe that she is actually mute. However to the only person she talked was to the princess and to her sensei nobody else.
Background:

She was born in a small cabin in the outskirts of the kingdom of Saurantin. Her parents knowing that the king would not bother them unless they did something wrong decided to just make a small cabin out there and live out of what nature gave them, they cultivated their own crops and often did trade with the kingdom for material things. They loved each other a lot and their love showed when a small female baby by the name if Izaya was born. Izaya was raised into a life of hard work and dedication to her work with her parents. She was sheltered from the life outside her house and they did not allowed her to leave the premises because fearing of something might happen to her.

Izaya loved her parents very much, she worked hard for them and did her best to raise the best crops possible. However at the young age everything changed. A small band of thieves attacked her small cottage, killing her parents and wounding her to the point that they thought she would just die with time. That broke her mind, the fact of watching her parents being killed at such young age made her feel worthless.  Running away proved to be very difficult, especially with blood going out of her. Just a couple of miles out she fainted and thought her life would be over.

She woke up in a beautiful room, a woman healing her wounds with little pain, her saint hands sealing the wound and healing her. She looked at the woman and instantly knew she was safe, the road of recovery was a long one. She grew up with the girl who she found out that was the princess watching how she acted and sometimes even speaking to her and having some sort of friendship. After her parents murder she did not spoke though, the only person who heard her voice was the princess and a man that proved to be someone who she would end up loving even though she did not knew it, her sensei.

She was trained by this man, however she became a very good friend of the princess. She spoke to nobody else, the only two people who had her respect was the princess that healed her and the man who trained her, nobody else in her mind was worthy enough to hear her words. When the kingdom was attacked she did her best to defend the king but at the end she was beaten and she failed the kingdom. When she knew the princess was captured she vowed to herself to do whatever was in her power to rescue her from the grasp of the warlorld, and at the same time take revenge on her parents murder.

Caela

Mostly it looks good Zarazel, the only problem I see is the timeline. You have her age listed as 30 while Isheth is only 20 herself. If your characters family was attacked when she was 12 that would have made Isheth only 2 at the time and not old enough to be at the temple or to have healed anyone yet. Also the Warlords men wouldn't have gotten to the point of attacking anyone near Saurantin yet but raiders, lawless men living in the woods outside the kingdom, who may have joined the Warlord when he did reach Saurantin, easily could have.

If you actually make her the same age as the Princess, it pretty much irons itself out.

Bloody Rose

Caela

Looks good Zarazel! Feel free to post it in the OOC and to start playing when you like, in the IC! Welcome aboard!

Shplade

I like the idea of maybe playing a high priest if you are still accepting players! Would love to join your game.

Was thinking maybe a corrupted high priest, would all depend on how you envisage the hierarchy of the religion working, or maybe the kings old advisor. What about the level of magic allowed? Would minor healing be ok (flesh wounds etc)?
Ons & Offs
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=91164.0

Is back! Looking to fill my remaining 2 RP slots :)

Caela

Shplade, a High Priest would be welcome. I was sort of seeing the Priesthood as being more benign though. No real political power so they'd be hard to corrupt (not impossible, after all people do confess their sins to their clergy which leaves them knowing a LOT of secrets) lol. An advisor to the former King would be totally acceptable. Perhaps with the warlord now in power the chances for corruption could grow?

Small magics are acceptable. Healing flesh wounds, helping bones to heal faster (but not totally healing a break)...but any talents would be useless against a well places knife thrust or arrow, except perhaps to ease the pain of the dying.

bubby

Ok...I've gotten my latest computer issues resolved...ARGH...so I shall work on a char sheet ASAP!

Caela

I look forward to seeing what you come up with Bubby!

Shplade

Quote from: Caela on April 06, 2011, 05:59:06 PM
Shplade, a High Priest would be welcome. I was sort of seeing the Priesthood as being more benign though. No real political power so they'd be hard to corrupt (not impossible, after all people do confess their sins to their clergy which leaves them knowing a LOT of secrets) lol. An advisor to the former King would be totally acceptable. Perhaps with the warlord now in power the chances for corruption could grow?

Small magics are acceptable. Healing flesh wounds, helping bones to heal faster (but not totally healing a break)...but any talents would be useless against a well places knife thrust or arrow, except perhaps to ease the pain of the dying.

hmm maybe ill stay away from high priest then if they are pretty shackled to what they can do, may a nefarious 'Jafar' like advisor  >:)
Ons & Offs

Caela

lol...That could be useful as well!

It's not so much that they're limited as it is they just aren't overly political. Part of that is that the Royal family are trained Priest's and Priestesses as well as Monarchs so it's not as if they need a lot of political power to try and get their point across. When one of your own is already sitting on the throne, you can't ask for much more. :)

Oh, and my clergy are old style pagan types...no celibacy for them! They can have fun with any willing member of the opposite sex they please lol.

Shplade

Quote from: Caela on April 07, 2011, 02:42:47 PM
lol...That could be useful as well!

It's not so much that they're limited as it is they just aren't overly political. Part of that is that the Royal family are trained Priest's and Priestesses as well as Monarchs so it's not as if they need a lot of political power to try and get their point across. When one of your own is already sitting on the throne, you can't ask for much more. :)

Oh, and my clergy are old style pagan types...no celibacy for them! They can have fun with any willing member of the opposite sex they please lol.

Hmm now you are making the choice more difficult, ill have a think and place a char up at some point :)
Ons & Offs

Caela

Shplade, if the choice was easy, would it be nearly as fun??? :D