X-Men Group - An Interest Check.

Started by Pockets, January 09, 2010, 06:16:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tagan

Hmm.  No god Modeing intended.  And Kate won't have her sibling's powers... she might trade powers for a specific mission, but it's VERY doubtful they'd let her take their powers without trading.

(In the few realities Katie had all 4 powers, her siblings were dead.)

So her weaknesses are many, but different, depending on which power she currently has.  (Usually the Energizer Power or sometimes the Starstreak Power.) 

Orochimaru

Then list them and make her more balanced that way. That way, we can all see. Other then that, I like her.

Pockets

Unfortunately, Marvel never really did go into too much detail about the PowerPack group. They kind of left it only partially developed. So the fault on this one really lies with Marvel, and not Tagan. Though Tagan, it would really help if perhaps you worked out something regarding a loophole in her powers?
08/02 - New A/A Update

Tagan

Hmm.  In my opinion, she lacks what I like to call, the mutant 'advantage'.

IE, she's only human.  She's not highly trained, nearly mildly athletic, she's vulnerable to everything normal people are, with the exception of projected energy in when she's Energizer, or well, most anything else when she's in cloud form, except Vaccums.  (Of course she can't hurt anything while her mass is that thin either.)

Note, switching powers requires the presence and usually the cooperation of one of her siblings, all of whom have normal lives now, and two of which live out of state.  (Her sister has a loft in New York)

With the Starstreak powers, she dodged well, and with the Counterweight powers, she could hit things very hard, lift heavy objects, and float people and objects around... again none of which stopped someone from shooting her.

So, really, various weaknesses.

A list:  Energizer: Only Human strength, won't disintegrate living beings.  (Ever.  Even to save herself or her family... a true weakness.) Energy Blasts use up he power quickly unless she disintegrates something else, and will only use weak blasts against human targets unless the target shows resistance to the power.  Vulnerable to all normal attacks, even a punch to the face.

Starstreak weaknesses: Only normal human strength, toughness, countered by high maneuverability, and near speed of sound velocity.  Flight path very visible, all other human frailties present.

(The other two powers will be available least often, as both her brothers now live out of state.)

Counterweight Power weaknesses: Seemingly superhuman strength is
countered by the fact that a good crack to the jaw from a normal person is likely to hurt her normally if she isn't floating at the time.  Vulnerable to pretty much everything a normal human is, though
with much more mobility.

Mass Master power weaknesses: High Density form is hard to hurt, (Though not at all impossible, more like rock than steel.) Can't move quickly in this form, and normal human strength plus no leverage means she's fairly helpless as a combatant, except when using the old 'jackhammer' technique, a power that isn't very useful unless a 120 pound weight falling on you is dangerous to you.  Helpless to do more in cloud form than shield people from view, it is at least, very hard to hurt in return.

How's that?

Tagan

Oh, and I plan to have her attend the Wedding with the Starstreak powers... having borrowed the prettiest display power for the occasion.

Am I approved?  I'd love to post.

Orochimaru

TheVillain

Looks like someone is asking for a "Sin City Shuffle".

Also known as a boot to the face from someone with superstrong legs.
My O/O's / My A/A's / My Ideas
Update - Apologies to all my partners, real life is exploding and I've gotten far behind.

Orochimaru

If your talking to me. I do what I want without a care in the world for the possible....but unlikely butt kicking that awaits me on such a bell and chimes day.

Pockets

Go ahead Tagan. I'll see about sending you a PM tomorrow afternoon about fixing your character
08/02 - New A/A Update