Seven Devils: Open Applications (LGBTQ & cis/hetero friendly - Extreme Board)

Started by Intimate Ink, April 26, 2018, 08:15:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xurtan

I'll probably see about working on my character today, off and on. Going to go Envy, which is a change for me but Healing could be fun... particularly with the caveat of brokering information/secrets or favors from people in exchange for my services. ;) Nothing is free, darlings.

Deathnote

Kinda interested in going with the path of animalism, though I’m a little surprised that it’s connected to Greed.  I suppose it works, if my character attempts to claim ownership of people by calling them his “pets”.

Intimate Ink

Love all the interest everyone!  I realized that a sample character sheet would likely be appreciated so am trying to bang that out today.  Regardless, I will post character sheet info and open applications tonight.

Thank you all again for such positive interest and feedback.

Vael the Destroyer

Oh, wow, I'm gone for three months and Ink crafts his own group game... Oh how the times are a changing. :*

Intimate Ink

Quote from: ShatteredSymphony on May 02, 2018, 06:35:44 PM
Oh, wow, I'm gone for three months and Ink crafts his own group game... Oh how the times are a changing. :*

Oh wow, welcome back!!!

Vael the Destroyer

So, I'm just a tad bit interested in this. :3 I do need to read more about it, but because it is created from the magic of your basal ganglia and cerebellum, my interest was piqued.

Xurtan

Quote from: Deathnote on May 02, 2018, 11:00:10 AM
Kinda interested in going with the path of animalism, though I’m a little surprised that it’s connected to Greed.  I suppose it works, if my character attempts to claim ownership of people by calling them his “pets”.

I... could see it. Greed tends to be less of a 'thoughtful' sin, to my mind. It's more instinctual, a sort of coveting desire, a reaction to outside stimuli in the visceral sense. That could certainly manifest in a more animalistic way, as far as magic goes. I'm remembering examples from lore where those that grew too greedy became pigs or goats and the like, although I don't know that either would be my go-to for a path pick. :P

Vael the Destroyer

I could definitely see my character with a mark of Wrath, walking the path of Illusion with a dash of Pride and path of Mind penetrating that supple surface. Could be oodles of fun.  >:)

Intimate Ink

Quote from: Deathnote on May 02, 2018, 11:00:10 AM

Quote from: Xurtan on May 02, 2018, 07:58:16 PM
I... could see it. Greed tends to be less of a 'thoughtful' sin, to my mind. It's more instinctual, a sort of coveting desire, a reaction to outside stimuli in the visceral sense. That could certainly manifest in a more animalistic way, as far as magic goes. I'm remembering examples from lore where those that grew too greedy became pigs or goats and the like, although I don't know that either would be my go-to for a path pick. :P

As long as people meet the requirements for their Mark, I am more than happy to see a variety of expressions.  Do keep in mind also Casters can have Paths other than their own, their Mark's path might needs to be their highest score.

As for why I connected Animalism and Greed, my primary decision was based upon it being the domain of Mammon.  Mammon is typically associated with riches in lore, and is often depicted as being or having mastery over wolves.  Additionally, there are connections to earthly/firmament concepts to Mammon in general.  The connections seemed still appropriate to me, since some of this lore still does seem to bleed over into pop-culture (aka "The Wolves of Wallstreet").

Intimate Ink

Apologies for the double-post everyone, but I wanted to make sure it was noted that applications for students are officially open.   Faculty applications will soon follow once we start having a student body to oversee!

Specific information, including the character sheet can be found right here!

Other things of note: 

1) I am happy to announce that Xurtan will be taking on the role of Co-Gamemaster for Seven Devils.  Consequently, you will be providing your sheets to the both of us for review.

2) I am happy to take face-claim reservations for students or faculty at this time.  Please provide them in a publicly posted message here so people can see your reservation as soon as possible.  For those of you who have mentioned face-claims in the thread already, I have taken the liberty to place them as reserved for you.

Orange Marmalade

Vael the Destroyer

I am here to express my wish to use Logan Lerman as a faceclaim. (surprise, surprise...)

Orange Marmalade

Quote from: ShatteredSymphony on May 03, 2018, 01:00:54 AM
I am here to express my wish to use Logan Lerman as a faceclaim. (surprise, surprise...)

*swoon*

Vael the Destroyer

Quote from: Orange Marmalade on May 03, 2018, 01:02:38 AM
*swoon*

I'm glad you enjoy. Thinking of going with a grungy/punk Logan Lerman. Every college needs a rocker boy.

ererruz

I'm very tempted to join in -- the demonic magic must already be at work here ;)

(If I do, I'd like to claim Matthias Panitz as mine... erm, as my face pick.)

Intimate Ink

Quote from: ererruz on May 03, 2018, 01:30:02 AM
I'm very tempted to join in -- the demonic magic must already be at work here ;)

Temptation is what we do.  Let us know if we can help tip the scale any!

hunkaroo

Ink and Xurtan in charge of something?

Where do I sign my soul away...  >:)

Intimate Ink

Quote from: hunkaroo on May 03, 2018, 02:17:34 AM

Right here, of course... >:)  Welcome!

Kokaine

In the hopes that there may eventually be some girls represented, can I reserve Anllela Sagra, please?
Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

Current Post Rate: Moderate

Current Posts Owed: 1/8

My O/Os

Intimate Ink

Quote from: Kokaine on May 03, 2018, 02:27:41 AM
In the hopes that there may eventually be some girls represented, can I reserve Anllela Sagra, please?

Absolutely yes!  And I know of some coming unless plans change, just a y-chromosome heavy night!

ererruz

Quote from: Intimate Ink on May 03, 2018, 01:36:03 AM
Temptation is what we do.  Let us know if we can help tip the scale any!

I'll be sending you a PM later then :)

Orange Marmalade

Got my sheet well in progress! Will finish up tomorrow and send it over.

Vael the Destroyer

Yay! Send in all the sheets!

And then make connections with my dear Eliseo, as I need some.

Xurtan

Quote from: ShatteredSymphony on May 03, 2018, 01:00:54 AM

Definitely gorgeous, nice pick. ;)

Quote from: hunkaroo on May 03, 2018, 02:17:34 AM

I do like being in charge of things, what can I say. *grin* Just sign on the dotted line.

Quote from: Kokaine on May 03, 2018, 02:27:41 AM

I know we have a few interested, apparently all the guys are just night owls. :P

Either way good to see all of y'all, welcome aboard. I look forward to writing with you. The example sheet (Luka) is mine as an aside, if anyone wants to make a connection in any number of directions definitely feel free to hit me up. Anything from longer plots to little sidenote interactions in the time we've been at the school, etc.