[5E D&D] Acquisitions Incorporated: Now Hiring! [No Longer Hiring]

Started by Chulanowa, February 02, 2018, 05:32:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AndyZ

Done ^_^ Traded out a language in Courtier for Calligrapher's Supplies, which were also purchased.  Hopefully swapping the Tinderbox for a Belt Pouch is also cool.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

clonkertink

Oh yeah. I forgot to roll my trinket!

"A small idol depicting a nightmarish creature that gives you unsettling dreams when you sleep near it."

That is a very odd thing for Aspen to have. I might need to do some brainstorming on how she found that and why she's kept it.

Snake

I'd think Vali may have alot of trinkets cuz of his profession XD

InoshimaLance

Quote from: Snake on February 14, 2018, 02:25:19 PM
Vali was a largely normal kid growing up with 3 siblings; 2 older sisters and a younger brother. His father abandoned them when he was about 5-6; for reasons he never knew or found out. Growing up with a single mom and aunt was tough but wasn't too bad except when they started looking at him like the man of the house. To get away from the stress; he would explore a small nearby ruin to see what was going on there and actually finding something spurred the lifelong interest in exploring ancient ruins and dungeons.  Eventually later in life, Vali would explore ruins all over with groups of other people with similar interests.

When he was approx about 18, his younger brother would fall ill and die after a hard winter; and that was it. Unable to stay home and stay close to that location; Vali up and left. Getting into fights, exploring ruins, pulling out ancient treasures and more than one magical item as he did. In the last fear years; he's come to be personally sponsered by a very attractive slightly older noblewoman that had an interest in ancient artifacts and needed someone to go find them for her museum (of sorts).

Joined AcqInc in hopes of tackling larger and probably more dangerous ruins. He still wears the ancient medallion he first found as a kid and hasn't found out what it does or is yet; so far it seems non-magical.

Character sheet: Vali

Einhanding? Sounds like Dueling but in a different language. x3

Snake

It is, in fact, it's the dueling style I just used the norse term.  He favors a viking aesthetic; sort of like indiana jones mixed with skyrim flavor maybe XD

InoshimaLance

Oh, I forgot to ask. Snake, where does that +1 damage from all your weapons come from? You have +2 from dueling, but all your weapons deal +1 extra, why?

Snake

The axe should be 1d8+5 (+3 Str, +2 Dueling); Light Crossbow 1d8+1 (+1 Dex); and Daggers are thrown so it's +3 to hit cuz of +2 proficiency and +1 from Dex; but damage is +3 to damage cuz strength is added to it; not dex)

Chulanowa

So, we've got magic fighter, facekick fighter, Christmas Druid, and Time-Traveling Warlock elf (She... DID go to the future, right? I don't care, running with it!)

Okay guys, i'll have the setting / character thread up this evening.

Snake

Who's the magic fighter and who's the facekick fighter? XD

Chulanowa

AndyZ

Quote from: Chulanowa on February 14, 2018, 03:22:53 PM
So, we've got magic fighter, facekick fighter, Christmas Druid, and Time-Traveling Warlock elf (She... DID go to the future, right? I don't care, running with it!)

Could be into the Orb, could be into the Shadowfell, I can run with the future...I'm kinda leaving it vague because I'm not sure what's funniest.

I forgot to put personality traits on the sheets, but the Flaw is going to be "Acquisitions Incorporated has a very bad Counseling Department."

Also, the orb should probably be the Common item, might be too powerful for a trinket.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Chulanowa

Quote from: AndyZ on February 14, 2018, 04:01:16 PM
Could be into the Orb, could be into the Shadowfell, I can run with the future...I'm kinda leaving it vague because I'm not sure what's funniest.

I forgot to put personality traits on the sheets, but the Flaw is going to be "Acquisitions Incorporated has a very bad Counseling Department."

Also, the orb should probably be the Common item, might be too powerful for a trinket.

If all it's doing is acting as your spellcasting focus, then it's just a weird thing. If it actually does something besides looking neat, that would point it towards magical item territory.

InoshimaLance

Quote from: Chulanowa on February 14, 2018, 03:22:53 PM

Quote from: Snake on February 14, 2018, 03:28:35 PM
Who's the magic fighter and who's the facekick fighter? XD

Oficially speaking as we look now, I am the only one quallifying as Magic Fighter, x3. After all I am the only one using spells now with the Magic Initiate Feat. And neither of us is (yet) an Eldricth Knight.

Quote from: Snake on February 14, 2018, 02:56:59 PM
The axe should be 1d8+5 (+3 Str, +2 Dueling); Light Crossbow 1d8+1 (+1 Dex); and Daggers are thrown so it's +3 to hit cuz of +2 proficiency and +1 from Dex; but damage is +3 to damage cuz strength is added to it; not dex)

So, I add my Ability Modifier to the damage of the weapon too? Not only the attack roll?

Chulanowa

Quote from: InoshimaLance on February 15, 2018, 06:21:25 AM
So, I add my Ability Modifier to the damage of the weapon too? Not only the attack roll?

When you attack, you use your ability modifier plus your proficiency bonus (+2 at level 1). For damage you add whatever stat you used to attack with.

When wielding a weapon with the finesse property, you can choose to use Dexterity for attack and damage rather than strength. Ranged weapons with the "ammunition" property always use dexterity, while ranged weapons with the "thrown" property use Strength (unless they are also finesse weapons, like daggers or darts are)

AndyZ

Common Magic Item: Orb of the Void.  This Orb Arcane Focus is completely black and never reflects light, though Nyssa spends far too much time staring into it for it to be truly empty.  As a bonus action, one can store the orb within their shadow, and retrieve it with another bonus action.  If its owner falls unconscious while the orb is within their shadow, the orb reappears upon the owner's shadow.

Seemed like a fun little quirk to the item without making it outright impossible to steal.

InoshimaLance

Well, Andy, Snake, Clonker and me, shall we start using the OOC Thread? x3

Chulanowa

Quote from: InoshimaLance on February 15, 2018, 03:04:16 PM
Well, Andy, Snake, Clonker and me, shall we start using the OOC Thread? x3

Please do! I'm fighting off an illness at the moment so setting thread might be delayed.