[Renegades] Anti-Heroes In Space - A Science Fiction Adventure - Closed

Started by Wispyr, April 10, 2016, 08:15:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wispyr

"Inside me there are two dogs.
One dog is mean, evil.
One dog is kind, good.
The dogs fight each other all of the time.
When asked which one wins, I answer:
The one I feed the most"
-Sitting Bull

-= Introduction =-
Greetings writers, welcome to Renegades!

Renegades is a guided-story science-fiction adventure that features some sandbox elements. The year is 3073 and mankind has not only begun exploring space, but they've colonized it. They've spread their roots far and wide, casting bits of humanity across the galaxy. Welcome to the Sheijiku Sector, at maximum jump speeds it would take the fastest human ships just over 9 years to get from the Sheijiku rim to back to earth. In fact Sheijiku is completely cut off from the Earthen Dominion because it is both so far away and so difficult to get to. The sector is surrounded on the earth-side by very unstable areas of space that are hazardous to travel through, thus they must be gone around which isolates the area. Because of that the numerous humans that have settled in the sector know it as home and they are not few in number; it is estimated that around 1.8 trillion humans occupy various worlds in Sheijiku. Largely these humans are governed by the great and mighty Kulporian Union - by far and large the biggest of all human organizations in Sheijiku, ruling over an assumed 1.2 trillion of the residents in the sector, spanning across seventeen systems totaling over a hundred worlds. Humanity, however, is not alone in the Sheijiku Sector, a fact that was not discovered until recently...

Strange reports have started coming in across the Union, fringe worlds, small outposts and colonies vanishing over night. Of course the Union has spun a vast and well funded PR campaign denying these events have been taking place. What's more is that some very alarming reports have come in of entire worlds being incinerated from orbit - a fact that's hard to cover up, but it hasn't stopped the Union from trying. The truth behind all of these attacks is shrouded in mystery, the people of Sheijiku are left in the dark as the Kulporian officials struggle to keep all the power that they have amassed together, and prevent the Union from fracturing. That job has never been harder; taking advantage of the political turmoil caused by these cover ups and the fact that the Union has stretched itself to far the Brothers of Sol, a rapidly growing rival political faction has been gaining momentum and engaged in what might be considered a slow growing war between the two. With humanity fighting itself, strange forces at the distant edges of controlled space the Union's job is only made harder by people like Kellan Rivlin...

...Well him and his damn Renegades.

Wispyr

-= F. A. Q. =-
  • Who is running the show?
    That would be Wispyr of course!

• Besides you, is there anyone else in charge?
    At this time Renegades does not have, nor is it my intent to have, a Co-GM. If at some point such a position is needed I will look to the cast of the game and with their interest and acceptance select one of them to fill it.

• Who can play in Renegades?
    Anyone! Provided that they have read and are able to abide by the game rules, any Lord, Lady or Liege is welcome to participate in this game. The game will be LGBTQA and Rainbow Writer friendly. Additionally cross gender writing is permissible, though we do ask that you not use Renegades as your playground to test that style of writing, and are comfortable writing such a role prior to joining.

• How many characters can I play?
    Becuase there are a fixed number of roles available in this game, I ask that each player limit themselves to a single character at the start of the game. However as time goes on if there are positions that we are unable to fill I will look at opening up secondary character slots which will be approved on a case by case basis.

• I'd really like to play, but the game has already started!
    Not a problem at all. Assuming that there are still available roles to fill, there is no reason that we can not work in late introductions to the story. So fill out your character sheet and submit per normal.

• What writing style will we be using?
    With the exception of some GM narration, posts should always be made in the Third Person, Past Tense.

• Will headers be used? What about tagging?
    Yes. Also yes. This is a crucial part to having so many players in one place and helps people sort through what's going on. These are not optional.

• Will there be the sex?
    Most assuredly.

• Will player activity be monitored?
    Only as far as it pertains to the health of the game. I'm not anyone's parent, but it is my job to look out for the best interests of this game. So I'll keep a passive eye on things, but so long as people aren't vanishing for weeks at a time without saying anything we shouldn't have any need for me to get involved.

• In what board will Renegades be played?
    Undetermined.

• How active is the Game Master?
    I spend more hours a day on E than I am prepared to admit. I can be reached via PM at virtually any time, and the absolute worst case scenario is that you may have to wait until the following day to hear back from me. I will be very active watching, guiding, managing, shaping, and otherwise handling the game. Oh and I'll be playing in it. You can expect to see a lot of me.

• Can players control NPC's and alter the world?
    The short answer is yes, the longer answer is mostly. All major NPC's are to be controlled by the GM(s), but the minor NPC's and locations are totally acceptable for you to include. It's a big sector, there are a lot of places so feel free to run with ideas so long as it isn't too crazy. If it is, just run it by the GM(s).

• How will conflict be resolved?
    We encourage players to work out the resolution to conflict between themselves, but anything large and or impactful to the story should have the GM(s) included.

-= Rules =-
  • No Drama: We're all adults here and there are better ways to handle things than throwing a tantrum and stomping your feet.
  • No Drama: This really should go without saying, but I'm absolutely 100% serious about this. If you can't act like an adult, don't bother applying. If you are found to be the source of it and can not correct your behavior and or are harming the game you will be expelled from it.
  • Out of Character Chatter: Should be kept to the approved OOC thread, the recruitment thread (when applicable, and private messages. OOC chat should never take place in any game thread.
  • Communicate: With me and your fellow players. If it is at all possible do not leave the game hanging; we're all going to understand that your pool burned down and that you need time to mourn, but if you vanish without notice you can't be surprised if the game has moved on without you. Please be as prompt as possible in notifying me if you need to be absent for a prolonged period of time and I will make notice of it somewhere so that everyone is educated as to your status. When you're notifying me of such things, please do so via private message and not the OOC thread.
  • Engage Others: When you get down to the root of why we're all here, it's to have a good time. I will not stand by and watch someone be excluded from the game. Include everyone who is approved, support those who are interested in joining, and be proactive in making efforts to engage other players and characters.
  • Respect: Respect and consideration towards the players of Renegades is not optional.
  • IC =/= OOC: Do not confuse the behaviors, actions, thoughts of characters as those of the player.
  • Input: The GM(s) welcome any contributions you might have the game world, ideas, concerns or otherwise. Do not hesitate to bring them to us.
  • Word of Law: Belongs to the GM(s), and ultimately Wispyr. All rulings that we make are to be accepted and addressed appropriately. Persistent conflict with the GM(s) could result in expulsion from the game.
  • PMing GM(s): Do not leave the subject line of your message blank. Are you sending a sheet? Tag it: Renegades Character Sheet. Question? Renegades Question. Get the picture? Good. I get very grumpy about no subject private messages.
  • Character Ideas: If you've got a crazy concept that you're concerned that it may 'go against the grain', 'not fit' the concept of the game, please PM the GM(s) with the idea before making your sheet. It would be unfortunate if you put time into creating your character only to be told that it's not going to work. We don't bite, so don't be afraid to reach out and communicate your idea if you think it might be 'iffy'.
  • Word Count / Post Size: Renegades will not use a hard word count limit. However all posts should be approximately three full length paragraphs of actual content for other players to respond to. All dialogue or one-liner posts are not acceptable. Ever. Any post that GM(s) feel is insufficient in content will earn a gentle PM to the player to edit and or remove the post. While this is not a hard limit, you can assume that any post falling shy of roughly 250 words will be subject to scrutiny by GM(s)
  • Post Frequency: We would like each player to post for each character at least once per week (7 days). If the game is waiting on your for ten days you will be nudged by a GM privately. After two weeks of inactivity or lack of response from a player your character will be removed from the game by whatever means the GM(s) deem appropriate.
  • Modding: Godmodding. Metagaming. Powertripping. Just don't.

Wispyr

-= The Story =-
In 2764 the freshly christened Earthen Dominion - a singular faction that had united humanity and seen them through the expansion of their own solar system and slightly beyond - decided that deep space exploration and reverse expansion was possible. To facilitate this they created twenty three Terra-Class Cruisers; each able to hold two trillion deep cyrohibernated people as well as a wealth of technology, more than enough to get them started in whatever areas of deep space they found themselves in. Each cruiser was set on auto jump, and given a time cycle to jump for and then sent in various directions. The assumption, the instruction, was that each of these ships would land and then begin to flourish on their own. They would begin to expand outward in all directions as the Earthen Dominion did, and then ultimately each growing civilization would eventually come back into contact with one another, reuniting the Dominion. What the failed politicians of the Dominion seemed to forget is the fickleness of humanity, and that when the cats are away the mice will play...

Leviticus was the cruiser sent to the Sheijiku Sector. When it arrived and the people inside woke up and did as they were intended too, they began the colonization of the various worlds - primarily the world of Kulporos III, in which it was decided was the most suitable to host the rebuilding of government and act as the seat of power for the Dominion within Sheijiku. It only took the people three years to completely deconstruct Leviticus as was always intended and use it to build all of the infrastructure that they would need to flourish in this region of space. Not everyone was happy with the arrangements though, and soon mankind in Sheijiku erupted into a bloody civil war that culminated in the ending of the Dominion and the rise of another seat of power. A few years later that government was also over thrown and replaced with yet another temporary fixture. This continued for decades, until 2912 when Tyler Jones - a young man from a fringe world colony - decided that he had a new idea for government. He dedicated his life to networking and by the time he was forty three had amassed the roots of the new Kulporian Union. By subtle means they had integrated themselves into the current government and taken it over. It was a worldness, gunless usurpation of power - at least, mostly gunless - that resulted in the biggest and most meaningful exchange of power in Sheijiku's history. The Union made everything better, and worked tirelessly over the years to improve life in Sheijiku and help the citizens flourish. The unity of the Earthen Dominion was not easily replicated though, and some began to see the Union as exactly what they were; just another stand in for power, a mockery of government and so they resisted and formed their own factions...

The Brothers of Sol were small to begin with, little more than a rogue terrorist cell working to undo the work of the Union on every world they could get their boots onto. They grew into much more then that though when in 3042 a new leader in the Brothers came to power - Arthur Musil. Arthur reorganized the Brothers of Sol and started hitting the Union with more than just bombs and skirmishes; they spun a very successful smear campaign and began to reveal to the people a different way, and the truths about their beloved Union. They worked to expose the frauds and all of the wrong doing by the Union and they became very good at it, so good in fact that it wasn't long before they were the second largest government in the sector - and while not able to rival the Union in size, they were well fortified and very deeply driven making them impossible to deal with out right, not that it stopped the Union from trying. It wasn't long before another war was brewing, and the Brothers of Sol engaged in a long, passive aggressive, sometimes out right vicious war with the Kulporian Union. In the far distance though, beyond the reaches of humanity in Sheijiku another war was happening, and trouble was getting ready to spill over into their laps...

The first incident that is reported happened in late 3067; the small outpost, Bochum, on the border world Maxis Minor - which monitored the edge of Union space, conducting studies about expansion further into the sector - reported unprecedented geological disruption and energy signatures that they couldn't identify. These things were looked over until three days later when communications with the outpost were lost. The Union deployed a small detachment of ships to see what was going on, and when they reported back the world had become home to creatures unlike anything they had ever seen the heads of state decided it best to simply sweep this matter under the rug and hide the truth from the people. The Bochum incident would not be the last time the Union lost outposts and colonies to these strange creatures along their various borders, nor would it be the last time they covered it up. A few years later was the first time that the Brothers of Sol got word about these attacks, and they struggled to blow the lid right off the Union's cover up. The Brotherhood offered a pledge of absolute protection - any world, any outpost, any colony facing these beasts, no matter who they were aligned too, could call upon the Brothers and they would respond in force to combat these threats. This proclamation pushed the Brothers of Sol into a whole new political bracket, and suddenly the Union started to fray at the edges. A harsh military law was enacted on the people to keep order until all threats could be dealt with appropriately. These new creatures were not the only problem that both the Brothers of Sol and the Union had to face though...

Something else had followed these creatures into human space. Omexion Prime was the first serious loss of life to the strange creatures - an assumed seventy million dead, with another twenty million trapped on the surface. The Union evacuation of the planet hadn't responded in time, and once the infestation of these creatures - now called the Brood - had spread across the planet relief could no longer be sent to the surface. As the fleets of the Union pulled back from the world in retreat, new ships of unknown and never before scanned configurations warped into orbit over Omexion Prime. A lingering vessel caught footage - which rapidly circulated across human space, spreading terror into the hearts of man everywhere - of one of these ships, seemingly a weapon in of itself, deploying in high orbit and minutes later firing a laser of unparalleled power. It incinerated the atmosphere on contact, burning it away, and the beam slammed into the ground; it bored into the earth until it hit and destabilized the core. In less than a once lush world, much like earth, was turned to a barren and largely molten wasteland. Nothing on the surface survived. Not wanting to create new enemies, the Union simply fell back again. The Brothers of Sol, however, were outraged and smeared these new comers as enemies of all humanity. The activity of the Brood was growing though, and it was only a matter of time until the Union made a mistake they would come to regret...

Kellan Marcelo Rivlin, a colonel in the Kulporian Union was part of the fleet dispatched to evacuate Boralis IX, his home world. The twenty-something officer watched from orbit as the ships pulled people up from the surface, he had been in charge of unloading procedures and getting people into some sort of order. So it wasn't until he saw it with his own eyes that he realized that no transports were being sent back down to the planet. Looking at his manifests he knew right away that approximately forty percent of the planet had not yet been evacuated. Just as he came to his realization the com call came overhead for the fleet to pull back, and leave Boralis IX. He'd never ran so fast, making his way to the bridge of the Athena, designated the commandship for this assignment. He begged the commander to send the ships back down, but was met with total dismissal. Moments later eruptions happened across the planet, and the Brood began to flood the worlds surface. Kellan watched in horror as his home, but most importantly his family was trapped on the surface. His wife, Abigail and three children, were abandoned by the Union, left to die at the hands of the Brood...

It was then that Kellan understood the true nature of what had happened. Only those most important were taken from Boralis IX. There had been a method to who had been evacuated, and his family simply hadn't fit the criteria. He'd been betrayed by his state. He heard whispers of others who had experiences much the same, people who were unhappy with the Union and their methods. Over the next seven months Kellan made slight alterations to the Athena's crew manifest until finally he had a strong enough group of supporters that on a routine mission Kellan committed mutiny against the very same commander who had left his family to die. Details about what happened on that bridge are hazy, but what is known that in less than an hour Kellan had seized total control over the Athena and not only disabled by ejected the fleet beacon. The Athena entered hyperjump and wasn't seen again for months...

Kellan sank into a depression that he was not allowed to indulge. He suddenly had almost two thousand people looking to him for leadership, wanting to know what came next. Kellan was done running from these Brood bastards. He was tired of them having free run of the sector, and so he found the first distant outpost calling for help and set a course...

The rest, as they say, is history.

Wispyr

-= Setting & Characters =-

Renegades is about a struggle, against odds, against life, against enemies, against tyrants, against yourself. The people of Kellan's crew, but most importantly the team designated as Renegades - a name they have been given by the Kulporian Union, that they have adopted with no small amount of amusement - is a family. A twisted family, but still a family. Everyone has demons and this is a game to explore those people who could only fit in with others like themselves. These people are - probably - damaged, and may be doing this for any reason under the sun(s). This is a game about finding yourself and kicking serious ass. This is not a game about the good guys, because Kellan and no one he'd keep close enough could at this point be considered good. They're outlaws in space, antiheroes who are looking at the big picture trying to do the right thing by whatever means, no matter how dirty.

There are a number of roles that need to be filled, as the team is very specific. It was constructed to ensure both safety of the other Renegades, but also mission success.

The Leader - Kellan Marcelo Rivlin (Wispyr)
Details unneeded...

The Hacker & Techie - ? (?)
Someone has to upkeep the tech the team uses. Someone also has to be smart enough to get them in and out of whatever technological messes they might get into. You could call this person the brains. They probably use light weapons (pistols and the like) as well as some specialized equipment (electric netting, fun homemade grenades and other self invited tech bits). Light armor that allows them to interface with the technological world around them as needed. They provide support. They'll be crucial at getting into Union files, and helping the team keep up with the growing gear demands as they tackle new and harder missions. Oh yea, and they also serve as the primary pilot so they get to try out all the new vehicles first!

The Sniper & Specialist - ? (?)
Long range tactical support. The sniper's job is to be the eyes of the team and priority target killer. From safe vantages the sniper uses a powerful gun with various specialty rounds to get the team through whatever obstacles they might run into. Sniper also works to guide the team when needed, watching from a far and transmitting live data to the team to get them from point A to point B.

The Infiltrator - ? (?)
The teams scout, and the one who makes sure they can get into where they are going. The Infiltrator uses high powered close range weapons - think specialty shotguns and pistols - to get into locations quickly and deal with enemies from behind their own lines. The infiltrator uses stealth technology and tactics to make sure the teams way is available to them, to get behind enemy lines and gather information or cause chaos. Often works closely with the Sniper and the Hacker.

The Explosive One - ? (?)
No team would be complete without someone who was good with explosions. Need a good defense? Bombs. Need a good offense? Bombs. Need some solid utility? Bombs. The Explosive one's job is to make sure that not only they can deal with potential explosives they come into contact with but to bring down the house when its needed. They're also in charge of ammo development and work with the Hacker to create new tech for the team to use as needed.

The Berserker - ? (?)
The Berserker is a specialty role created by a former Renegade. It's a power suit that has three 'overcharge' batteries, or called frenzy charges. The Berserker suit is meant to augment physical power and allow a person to go toe to toe with both the Brood and the Eridari. The suit offers higher than average protection, but isn't nearly as defensively powerful as the Frontgaurd suit. That said it is by far the most offensive position on the team. The berserker is tasked with getting onto the front line and laying waste to whatever targets they can get their hands on. The suit uses high powered ion swords as its weapons, which are strong enough to deal massive damage to Eridari shields when frenzied. The frenzy charges give the suit a short (less than a minute) burst of insane power increase, and amp the damage of the swords ten fold.

The Frontgaurd - ? (?)
A gigantic ten foot tall machine suit built to take a blow from anything. This thing has wrestled with the various monsters of the Brood. It is built to pave the way for the team and defend them. Usually its purpose is to lock down big targets that they could otherwise not deal with. The frontgaurd isn't limited to that though, the suit is equipped with a variety of siege weaponry that allow it to lock into place and become basically a cannon. It carrys a small compliment of both anti air and heavy ground artillery rounds for such times, but can be loaded from the outside when more are brought along for extra special missions.

The Gunners - ? & ? (?) & (?)
Two members of the team often called the flankers. The gunners job is to lay down heavy fire, they are the what you might call the primary soldiers of the team. Using burst and automatic weapons like assault rifles, the gunners get into the fray and can fight from medium distance.

The Heavy Gunner - ? (?)
Do you like really big guns? The heavy gunner is meant for supressive fire. They use strength augmentors to carry around things like full gatling guns and lay down a wide spread of ammo into the enemy. They're both a stable offensive and defensive fixture.

The Medic & Coms - ? (?)
A true support role, like the Hacker. The Medic is in charge of the teams health and taking care of them both on and off the battlefield. The medic is also in charge of communications and monitors coms for the team but also works to gather intel for their use. Further more they have perhaps the most important job on the team. Very little is known about both the Brood and the Eridari. As the team acquires samples its the Medic's job to learn from these and understand, growing their knowledge of the creatures they face. To shed light on the mystery of what is really going on out here in Sheijiku.

Wispyr

-= GM Notes =-

Raziel (Sniper)
Lithium (Berserker)
Ollumhammersong (Medic)
MetroMech (Gunner)

Questions & Answers
Details about the Berserker and Frontgaurd suits?
The Berserker suit is more akin to like an Iron Man suit. Fairly small, general form fitting. Mostly armor, with a powerful core of energy that allows it to augment its strength and power the blades.

The Frontguard is more a traditional mech-style suit. Something like the right image. Which is all defense, gadgets and power. Plus, obviously, augmented strength but not to same degree as Berserker, nor even remotely what Berserker can achieve by using the frenzy core.

Talk about combat roles & ranges?
Leader - Varies
Techie - Close
Medic - Close
Explosives - Close / Medium
Frontguard - Close (front lines)
Berserker - Close (front lines)
Infiltrator - Close (front lines)
Gunner - Medium
Gunner - Medium
Heavy Gunner - Medium / Long
Sniper - Long (as needed)

Wispyr

No doubt this setting has a ton to offer, and there are likely to be a ton of questions. So I will do my best to be prompt in answer those for you as quickly as they come, and I absolutely welcome them to help me flesh out the setting. So... If you have a question, don't hesitate to inquiry.

Otherwise, open for business.

Raziel

Sounds awesome, I'll gladly join this one too, put me down for the Sniper & Specialist role please, sounds like a fun role :)

Kuroneko

Interested in the Infiltrator, though I'm curious about the forum you eventually plan to use for the game.
Ons & Offs//Requests//Where is the Black Cat?
Current Posting Time - Once a Week or More

"One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art" ~ Oscar Wilde
"I dream of painting and then I paint my dream" ~ Vincent Van Gogh

Wispyr

Quote from: Raziel on April 10, 2016, 08:35:41 PM
Sounds awesome, I'll gladly join this one too, put me down for the Sniper & Specialist role please, sounds like a fun role :)
Note of it I shall make.

Quote from: Kuroneko on April 10, 2016, 08:45:39 PM
Interested in the Infiltrator, though I'm curious about the forum you eventually plan to use for the game.
I'll make a note of it! Typically I use Extreme just to cover all bases... But... I don't think this game has a nature that lends itself to anything that heavy. So probably either popular demand. Bondage Human is probably the most likely, given that non-con really needn't play a role here.

Kuroneko

Quote from: Wispyr on April 10, 2016, 08:49:31 PM
I'll make a note of it! Typically I use Extreme just to cover all bases... But... I don't think this game has a nature that lends itself to anything that heavy. So probably either popular demand. Bondage Human is probably the most likely, given that non-con really needn't play a role here.

Good to hear :-)

Will you be posting a character sheet for players to use?

Ons & Offs//Requests//Where is the Black Cat?
Current Posting Time - Once a Week or More

"One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art" ~ Oscar Wilde
"I dream of painting and then I paint my dream" ~ Vincent Van Gogh

Wispyr

Quote from: Kuroneko on April 10, 2016, 08:55:42 PM
Good to hear :-)

Will you be posting a character sheet for players to use?
I will indeed. Working on it currently, just wanted to get the information up and out there before the weekend had a chance to really end!

Wispyr

Took a couple of questions about the suits that Berserker and Frontguard use. To clarify for everyone and anyone interested:

Quote from: Wispyr on April 10, 2016, 09:12:16 PM
The Berserker suit is more akin to like an Iron Man suit. Fairly small, general form fitting. Mostly armor, with a powerful core of energy that allows it to augment its strength and power the blades.

The Frontguard is more a traditional mech-style suit. Something like the right image. Which is all defense, gadgets and power. Plus, obviously, augmented strength but not to same degree as Berserker, nor even remotely what Berserker can achieve by using the frenzy core.

Lithium

Sweet concept! It's giving me some Starcraft vibes. Put me down for the Berserker if it isn't already taken!

Wispyr

Quote from: Lithium on April 10, 2016, 09:28:38 PM
Sweet concept! It's giving me some Starcraft vibes. Put me down for the Berserker if it isn't already taken!
I shall note it!

Oh and yes, it draws some inspiration from Starcraft for sure.

Ollumhammersong

Hi i'm a polymorphic alien who has taken the form of this signiature to have sex with your pupils, and by the smile on your face I can tell your enjoying it.

Wispyr

freeko

This looks like something I could give a go with. I would put tentative interest toward being the hacker/techie pending the character sheets being made.

Amarlo

Placing my tentative interest. I have no idea where/what I want to be currently but I'll keep you updated :)

Are the multiple question marks to suggest there are more than one role open for each slot? I noticed that most have two and some have more.

Also, what's your policy on character visuals for this game?

Seduce my mind and my body will follow.
Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

Wispyr

Quote from: Amarlo on April 11, 2016, 04:27:53 PM
Placing my tentative interest. I have no idea where/what I want to be currently but I'll keep you updated :)
Making life difficult, as per usual.

Are the multiple question marks to suggest there are more than one role open for each slot? I noticed that most have two and some have more.
Only the Gunner has two slots. The multiple question marks are formatting, if you look at the leader <Character Name> (Player)

Also, what's your policy on character visuals for this game?
As per usual, I prefer face claims, but in this games case art work is perfectly acceptable. Ideally as reference.

Amarlo

Quote from: Wispyr on April 11, 2016, 06:50:00 PM
Making life difficult, as per usual.

>.>; And yet you still adore me, so... Maybe it's YOU that's making your own life difficult!!

Hah! Take that!  8-)

Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

Wispyr

Medic & Techie
A couple of questions have been raised about these roles. Both roles are important to the over all story, but clearly they don't fit into the general mold of 'shoot and kill things' like the rest of the cast. This is intentional. This is a war torn galaxy and if you didn't know how to use a weapon, there's simply no way you'd have ended up on the team. That said the first whiff of mary sue that comes from either of these roles is going to be met with the most intense character squashing you have ever seen.

Not to accuse anyone of doing that ever.

What do I mean? Well these roles have a lot going for them already. They aren't useless outside of their respective fields but there will be no sharpshooting Techies and a missile-crazed medic partner hogging that side of the spotlight. I've got plenty for these two roles to do (because alien tech needs cracking and if you think I don't plan to wreck the rest of the cast... well :P). Everyone is combat proficient, and can defend themselves but these two roles in particular need to make sure that they balance their over all combat effectiveness with the rest of their... well everything. No one should be a liability, but if Kellan feels he can be like "Hey medic, take point" because of their gun skills... You the issue here?

Thank you for understanding.

Amarlo

I think I've finally decided to tentatively grab the slot for The Explosive one for now...

If that's okay :)

Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

Wispyr

Quote from: Amarlo on April 11, 2016, 07:04:52 PM
I think I've finally decided to tentatively grab the slot for The Explosive one for now...

If that's okay :)
OH I GUESS.

Praxis

Medic & Coms if it's not taken?

No fear on Mary Sue-ing.

I tend to err on the side of "underwhelming".

Wispyr

Quote from: Praxis on April 11, 2016, 07:21:19 PM
Medic & Coms if it's not taken?

No fear on Mary Sue-ing.

I tend to err on the side of "underwhelming".
We actually have someone right now whose looking at the medic role. I can list you up, and if drops outs happen we can look... Or there are other roles!

Posted this in my notes as well, but want to share it with the class:

Leader - Varies
Techie - Close
Medic - Close
Explosives - Close / Medium
Frontguard - Close (front lines)
Berserker - Close (front lines)
Infiltrator - Close (front lines)
Gunner - Medium
Gunner - Medium
Heavy Gunner - Medium / Long
Sniper - Long (as needed)

Is a quick list that more or less breaks down where each role does their fighting. As you can see, everyone has a clear place in the combat chain. So no one will be combat irrelevant - but things like the Medic / Techie are like a "last line". No one wants aliens on their face, really. But if they get there, it falls into their domain to deal with.