Something to do...in the wasteland. In-Character Post-Apocalyptic Roleplay. Open

Started by Meeka, November 08, 2011, 10:39:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FrostShifter

"Sure, I guess I can travel with you, but realize I'm still learning my trade." She told the British man. "And I was not told of any package, nor did I find anything among his things." She watched as he wandered off with the woman, clearly done for the night.

She started slightly as she watched other complete a bounty, almost at random. She was a little squeamish about the whole thing, mostly because it went against her nature as a healer. But she understood that it was a way of life. Hunt or be hunted. During times like these, you did what needed to be done to live. She looked away, brow furrowed. She nodded to him as he said goodnight.

She turned her attention to the ill man she still held the syringe for.

"Thank you. I do like it a little better outside than in here." She motioned towards where the killing had taken place.

"Yes, I supposed I would be better in a group. The only reason I survived at one point was because I managed to outrun the men. If they had grabbed me..." She shuddered at the thought.

She followed him outside, watching him as he dug the hole. She looked at the needle in her hand and remembered why she had it out in the first place.

"I'm Julia, by the way." She realized they had yet to exchange names. "I was wondering if you can hold still so I can give you this saline shot."

She moved towards him. "It'll help with the dehydration, make sure you don't faint again."

Before she got an answer, she heard a soft caw and looked up, spotting Archimedes.

"Oh, I'm sorry Archie, I was tending to this man." He chirped at her as he settled on her shoulder.

He peck softly at her ear. "I hate when you do that."

She looked back over to the man still digging. "I'm going to leave this here for you if you decide you want the shot, and..." she grabbed a bottle from inside her bag. "Some water to drink. Now I'll be back shortly. Archimedes only pecks my ear when someone is sick or injured nearby. I'm going to tend them."

Archimedes lead the way just a few blocks off, where a leper lay. "Hello." she knelt down, setting her bag on the ground. "What seems to be the issue?"

The leper held out his arm where she spotted a large gash, seeping slowly. "Well let me see here, I left the water but I may have a little alcohol here to wash it out with."

She fished in her bag, finding a small vial on rubbing alcohol. She cleaned the wound, sutured it and wrapped a clothe around it.

"Now be careful so you don't pull those." She stood up, smiling softly.

The mute leper nodded his head, and they waved goodbye. She headed back to the campsite, weary from the day.

yobo

Carter had withdrawn back to his corner. These were no easy targets, that much was for sure. And for the travelling destination they had in mind, he had already been there. In fact, that was where he got a price on his head.

"Better let this one go" Carter thought to himself, taking a sip of his drink.

kingmaster1

Marcus woke up and whipped the sleep from his eyes, "time to head out"...he got up and started putting his armor back on. "thanks for the night hon" He said with a chuckle, He got no answer. Marcus just shrugged it off and thought she was asleep, "well, darling I gotta head out, take care of yourself." Again no answer, "better let her sleep". Marcus could here loud voices from downstairs, but could only make out a few words "where is that mercenary bastard!!". Marcus put his metal plate on and started walking downstairs. He saw a man pointing a gun at McCready "where is he old man!!" He cocked his rifle. Marcus recognized them as part of Red's gang. "that's a nice gun you have there" Marcus said lamely. He saw that the original man was followed by three more, all holding nice guns: a rifle, a sawn-off, two 45.'s, and a pair of hunting knives. "I could use those in my collection." The man backed up and tried to hide his fear "we....we...we came to kill you!" He spoke in a stutter. Marcus  walked over to him, "Have fun with that little man". Marcus moved his hand up and grabbed the handle of his broadsword, and quickly brought it down on the man's head.

He stood over the dead body and looked at the other three, "who's next?" two of them starting to move towards the door. "we don't have a problem with you man.." one managed to spit out. "that's a shame...but oh well" Marcus ran at them and took one of their arms off, He dodged the others bullets like child's play, he made a sweeping blow at the next and stood while the top half of his body fell to ground. The last one ran to the door, but he didn't get the door half open when Marcus's broadsword stabbed through his chest. "sorry boy, but when one threatens me you  all threaten me" Marcus heard gasping from the floor, "oh did you not die yet?" Marcus stood above the armless goon "more...more of us...more of us" Marcus took his sawn-off, "more of you?, well if the rest are as easy as you I won't have a problem" Marcus took what he wanted off of them and started making his way out, "thank you!" McCready said. "no problem old man, hope I didn't make too much of a mess!" Marcus left with a smile. "well" he thought to himself, "I should find my comrades" Marcus started walking threw the mostly abandoned streets "Frenchy!" he called, "doc?", "dead dog guy?" "it would've helped to know their names.

Marcus came to a tent he saw set up in a leper infested area, he recognized the man, he tried to nudge him awake "hey buddy, don't tell me you passed out again" , Marcus sat next to the what left of the fire and waited for them to wake up.

vietatoSconosciuto

Gregg awoke to a banging at the door and a man shouting ''hey babe I'm home, open the door'' Gregg rolled over and looked at the lady laying next to him, ''Hey babe his home'' the lady looked at Gregg ''its not funny'' then shouted to the man outside ''one moment, be right there''. Turning back to Gregg ''you have to go'' Gregg moved close to her and in a playful manner ''do i have to, its still early''. the voice bellowed from behind the door ''is someone in there with you, open the door'' Gregg got up out of bed and pick up his cloths then proceed to get dressed, the lady across the bed followed and the voice came once more ''open the door'' Gregg looked at the lady and smile ''no don't'' she said quietly but Gregg ignored her, fully dressed just putting his gear on he shouted back to the man ''well yes there darling im here'' the let out a smile while picking up his bag and rifle. the man behind the door shouted ''OPEN THIS GOD DAMN DOOR SO I CAN KILL HIM'' he then started to bash himself against the door, the lady looked at him from across the bed shouldn't of done that, quick out the window'' Gregg looked at her and started to smile ''i think i can take hi........'' the sound of a shotgun cocking stopped him, ''so you said something about the window'' Gregg picked up the last of his gear and started to head for the window when the door came crashing down ''HEY THERE PRETTY BOY, WANT TO DIE'', Gregg leapt for the window and just managed to escape before the man fired his gun almost blowing the window clean off.

Gregg landed of a ledge bellow and climbed down to the floor looking back up he could see the man hanging his head out ''THATS IT PRETTY BOY RUN'', Gregg smiled and walked down the road some until he was in front of a store across the road form the bar he was in last night. As he went to enter the shop a man came running out of the bar and Gregg could see the crazy guy from last night surrounded by a few guys, ''Not my problem'' he said to himself then walked up to the store in front of him. The door creaked open and a creaky voice came from behind a counter ''Welcome can i help you'', Gregg looked at the old man behind the counter ''yeah ive got this gun and no ammo hoping i could trade it for something'' Gregg pulled his hand gun out and put it on the table, the old man picked it up ''I think i have just the thing out back'' the old man walked to the back of the store and after some time retuned with a wooden crate. Gregg looked at the crate in surprise it looked new and unopened ''whats in that'' the old man said nothing and reached down for a crowbar. The old man started to pry the lid off and it fell to the floor, he then pulled out a box and placed it on the counter followed by a bigger box. Gregg picked up the first box a read the label ''25 Crossbow bolts'' he then picked up the bigger box and read it ''crossbow'' the old man pulled out two box's, one was a sight and the other a box of bolts. ''gun for the crossbow and a box of bolts only'' the old man said to Gregg, Gregg looked down at the boxs ''what about the rest'', The old man looked at him ''you have more to trade''. Gregg reached in to his bag and pulled out some canned food and a bottle of water and placed it on the counter ''Thats all ive got mate''. the old man looked at the stuff on the table ''not enough, need more'' Gregg looked at him ''look mate no one wants to buy a sight with out the crossbow, this is all your getting''. The old man looked at him and sighed ''ok, fairs fair i guess'' then picked up the gun, water and canned food then walked out back, Gregg picked up all the boxes and placed the bolts in to his bag keeping some out, then opened the crossbow putting the sight on and loading the bolts to the back of the crossbow for safe keeping ''Thanks mate''.

Gregg walked towards the door and opened it with a creek looking back over to the bar he could see some staff cleaning up dead bodies, he smiled and looked down the road catching sight of the crazy guy from last night ''Crazy bastard''. Gregg followed after him as he went round a corner Gregg stopped and thought for a moment, ''why the hell is he going in to that zone everyone knows its infected'' talking out loud to no one, he quickly followed after to see where he was going. Gregg stopped at the corner and peeked round he could see the crazy guy sitting next to a burnt out fire, a pitched tent and the ill guy lying on the floor. Gregg walked round the corner ''Is he passed out again and where's that doctor lady kind of hurt my leg this morning jumping from a window''

kingmaster1

Marcus looked up, "oh hey Frenchy, I think he's just asleep. The doc is in the tent though" Marcus noticed how messy his clothes where as opposed to last night, and noticed the crossbow he was carrying, "so, long night?" he said smirking. "You look like you had some fun, you left with a pretty hot girl. wouldn't suspect you to be such a ladies man." He leaned back against the tent and fell back as one of the stakes came out, he got to his feet in time for the rest of it to go down and outline a curvy body. "...oh crap." Marcus said "I think the tent just fell on the doc", Marcus laughed hard. "HAHA, my bad doc!" He watched as her shape fumbled around in the fallen cloth.  Marcus' eye moved back down to the crossbow, "hey, that's a fancy bow you got there, can't imagine who would have something like that in a place like this."

vietatoSconosciuto

''I think its the accent, they seem to like a british accent'' Gregg looked down to his new crossbow ''yeah the guy who sold me this was about as crazy as you, what the hell happend in the bar earlier'', he watched as the crazy guy feel over knocking the tent down and let out a smile ''Guess the docs up'' he moved  towards the tent to try and help the doc out when he noticed a bird perched near the tent ''hey some theres a crazy looking bird over there''.

kingmaster1

"some thugs tried to kill me, left them in pieces, HAHA!" Marcus said. Marcus turned to the bird, "hmm, that's an hawk." He moved towards it "easy boy...easy" Marcus tried to grab the ribbon in it's mouth but it bit him "OW, damn...is this someone's pet?" He moved away and faced the British man, "come to think of it none of us have been properly introduced" Marcus reached his hand out "I'm Marcus, what's are your names?"

vietatoSconosciuto

Gregg returned the shake ''Well Marcus you crazy bastard the names Gregg, two G's not one'', he looked down at the ill man ''well his a deep sleeper, wheres his dead dog''. Gregg looked for somewhere to sleep and soon realised he was hungry so pulled out a tin of beans out of his bag ''Hey Marcus you hungry mate, found a stash of beans on my last job got about three tins left if you want some'' Gregg reached in to his bag and pulled out a tin of beans holding them out towards Marcus.

kingmaster1

"sure thing man, fighting can give me quite an appettite" Marcus looked around and saw a pan on the floor, "here we go, I'll get the fire back up so we can eat a hot breakfast" Marcus pulled a lighter out of his pocket and got the fire going again. "here we go" Marcus pored the beans into the pan and started roasting them, "mmm this is gonna be good, I haven't had a decent breakfast for months!" He grabbed some spoons from out of the fallen tent and started eating, "thanks Gregg, this is pretty good" Marcus nudge their sleeping friend again. "he really is a deep sleeper haha"

FrostShifter

Julia woke up, startled by the noise outside. She didn't get a chance to come to her senses as the tent came down on them. In a huff and a flourish, she made her way out of the tarp that created the tent.

"Dammit! What the hell is going on?" She couldn't help she was grumpy when she woke up.

At that moment she was thankful she had decided to sleep in her clothes. She spotted the two men she had met the night before standing near the came, talking. Archie landed on her shoulder, trying to hand her the ribbon.

"Hold on to it." She whispered as she turned around to drag her things out of the tent.

kingmaster1

"oh, so that's your hawk doc?" Marcus said watching the young doctor gathering her things "I tried to grab the ribbon, but the damn thing bit me" He said folding his arms. "but I suppose since it's yours I can't get a free dinner off of it" Marcus lifted the tent up so she had better access to her things "sorry about the tent doc, me and Gregg here were messing around and I fell against it" Marcus looked at the pan of beans "that reminds me, want breakfast? there's a good amount left" He said smiling.

Marcus watched as the young doctor frantically gathered her things while the hawk watched from it's perch "that's a mighty fine bird you have there, never seen a live one before"  He looked over the area and took notice of everything. "barring the lepers surrounding the place we are pretty much fine" he thought. He looked at his arms and noticed blood coming off his shoulder, he moved his shirt down and saw a bullet hole in his back "hmm, hey doc seems I got a wound from my fight earlier. mind patching it up?" he sat down at a log next to the fire "the bullets still in there" He pulled out a hunting knife "so you may have to dig it out"

FrostShifter

"Yeah, that's Archimedes. He's my companion, plus he brings me ribbons for my colletion." She sat her bag down near the fire. She took the ribbion from Archie and placed it in one of the many compartments on the bag.

"Lepers aren't going to bother you." She dug through her back, looking through her medical supplies. "I've got my own supplies so I don't need to use yoour knife."

She pulled out a needle, scapel, stitching supplies, and an item that looked like a pair of tongs. She got behind him and began by using the needle full of numbing liquid to lessen the pain. She then cut the wound open just slightly larger and pushed the tongs in gently. after a few failed attempts she manage to grasp the bullet and pull it out. she set the tongs aside, and sutured the hole close.

"Try not to overstrech your arm so you don't pull the stiches out." She took an old rag and cleaned her supplies. "And I'll want to keep an eye on it, make sure it doesn't get infected. You have any liquor on you? I should pour a little on the wound."

kingmaster1

Marcus sat feeling the bullet get removed, "thanks doc" Marcus reached into his bag "yeah I got a bottle from the bar" He poured it down his back "hopefully that will do".
Marcus put his shirt and armor back on, "that feels better, shortest time I've ever gone without a bullet in me after a fight" Marcus laughed.
If we want to make much progress we better move on, "oi Gregg! we better get moving!" Marcus kicked his friend still sleeping.
"hmm, he's been asleep threw a lot" Marcus put his hand on his throat "oh hell". "doc you better come see this, I think he's dead"
"if there's one thing I know it's how to check a pulse." Marcus said turning grim "and he ain't got one".
Marcus gently nudged him with his foot, "yeah, looks like he didn't last much longer than his dog"
Marcus removed his hat in respect, "poor boy" Marcus looked at the fresh ground "think I should bury him with his dog?"

vietatoSconosciuto

''poor bastard'' Gregg looked at the body laying on the floor ''I didn't even catch his name''.
Gregg looked over to Marcus ''well i don't think he will mind if i take a look in that duffel bag of his'' Gregg reached for the duffel bag laying next to the dead body ''and see what supplies he had with him''. as he pick it up he felt how empty it was, then opening it to look in side ''damn things empty, i think he only carried that damn tent with him, no wonder his dehydrated''
Gregg tossed the bag back to the floor then looked at the AA12 shotgun ''well maybe I ...  we can get something for that'' looking up he noticed the look of disgust from the others ''oh come on its not like he minds, the guys about as dead as that damn dog''
Gregg looked over to the doctor ''hey i think i did something to my ankle, could you take a look'' then he watched her taking the bullet out of Marcus ''Well after you pull the bullet out of crazy and looked at the dead guy, you know what love it can wait'' he then lay back and finished his beans while humming a tune.

kingmaster1

Marcus started digging up the ground using a piece of wood he found, "I'll make it deep enough so no looters get to it" He got the grave to six feet and the sun was getting high into the afternoon. "okay that should be good enough" Marcus first put the dead dog down into the pit and then lowered the body, he climbed out and started filling in the hole. "hmm, I like those boots" Marcus thought, while no one was looking he jumped back into the hole and took the dead man's boots. "sorry fella'" he said low "but I need them more than you, Marcus got back out of the hole and filled it quickly. Marcus said a prayer for the dead man and his companion. "sorry boy, but nothing can be done"

Marcus walked solemnly back to the camp site and started putting supplies into a pack, "I feel sorry for him, but at least he's with his dog again". Marcus laid back against a log and felt the hot sun on his face, "no matter how many people you bury" Marcus said grimly, "you never get used to it"

FrostShifter

Julia shot over to the man who had been outside her tent all night. She knew she should have checked on him before she went to sleep last night. She thought that she'd be used to the short life span most had in this wasteland. She checked his pulse, looking for somethign that didn't exsit anymore. She sat back in a huff. She would need to toughen up and toughen up soon if she was going to survive. She nodded as he asked about burying him with his dog. It seemed like the one justice in the world.

She turned to the other man in there odd party and just shook her head with a small smile as he commented on the gun. Of course she had inherited all her stuff from the Doctor. She moved over to him and motioned for him to sit. Once he did she examined it the best she could without the machine Dr. Leroy had invented back home. She was as gentle as she could be but it did hurt him as her small fingers poked his ankle.

"You just twisted it." She got up and fished out some dirty wrappings but they would work for binding. "Try not to put too much weight on that ankle for a couple days."

She finished wrapping his ankle then set to cleaning the campsite as the dead man was buried. she managed to fold the tent up and put it in her pack. She spotted the change in boots but said nothing about it as they grouped together.

"So, since I didn't properly introduce myself before, I'm Julia." She looked back and forth between the two. "Anyone have a plan?"

kingmaster1

Marcus lowered his hat and bowed slightly to the doctor "much obliged miss Julia, the names Marcus" He smiled at the young woman and put his hat back on. Marcus looked at the sun "well" he said "I say if we get on the road soon we can reach a livable town before nightfall" He looked both of them over "and I think that would be the best, no offense but you two don't seem to get into many fights" Marcus scratched his head "not to mention the hunters following me" He thought concerned.

"my ultimate goal is Alutraz the next "big town" that sprung up recently" Marcus wiped the sweat off his head "and if your looking for employment, or targets in my case, it's the place to be". "we should stop by the bar first, I need a drink" Marcus picked his bag up and started walking "you might as well come with" he watched as the other two followed him.

Marcus  walked into the bar and noticed the blood still on the walls, "don't mind the mess, I met some "colleagues" here earlier". He sat at the bar and got some bottles of whiskey "a few of these and we should be set" McCready brought him six bottles. "thanks old man"

vietatoSconosciuto

Gregg watched as Julia gently examined his ankle ''you know most doctors in the wastes are not as gentle'' he listened to what she told him ''well thanks doc but i don't know how much rest ill be getting''. he smiled and got to his feet ''feels a lot better, thanks'', Gregg helped clean up then collected his things and soon Marcus returned, wearing the dead mans shoes Greg said nothing but smiled.

Gregg picked up the AA12 hoping to trade it for some supplies before they moved on, then followed Marcus ''I can fight if I need to you know mate, I just prefer sort out any problems form a distance before hand''. he then thought about Alutraz and the business he had there ''Yeh I think we had better get moving, next towns about half a day away''.

FrostShifter

"Well I have no designated place, so I can go anywhere. And I'm ready to leave when you guys are." She didn't need anything from the bar. "I'm not much of a fighter, mostly because the town I grew up in was small and very few people passed through there. Our only issue was that bad viruse a while back." She decided to stand outside with Archie while she waited for the guys to lead the way.

vietatoSconosciuto

''don't you think its kind of weird to find a doctor in the wastes that doesn't charge'' Gregg said to Marcus as they entered the bar, ''I know shes only learning but still, most doctors these days are''.

Marcus gave his order to the bar keeper then Gregg put the AA12 on the table, ''how much for the gun, bar keep'' the bar keeper smiled ''I have no use for that, my friend'', Gregg looked at the gun and knew there was no use for it on there travel ''Come on it has to be worth something''. the bar keeper looked the gun over ''i can give you a few supplies but the money stays in the till'', Gregg looked at the gun once more ''probably the best offer we will get, ok you have a deal''. the bar keeper put a few bottles of water, cans of food and some medical supplies on the bar, Gregg picked them up and put them in his bag and waited for Marcus to gather his things.

kingmaster1

"I think we should trust the doc" Marcus said, surprised by himself "An innocent girl like her; we have no reason to distrust her" Marcus looked out the door behind him at the young redhead we would now be traveling with, "she's cute too, huh?" Marcus nudged Gregg. Marcus got his drinks and watched Gregg make his deal, "not bad for an old shotgun like  that, out here anything is good". Marcus downed a bottle and stood, "Let's go frenchy!" Marcus strutted his way to the exit and shot a wink towards the waitress he spent the night with.

Marcus walked out of the bar and patted the doctor on the shoulder, "let's move on out doc, we gotta move quick if we want to make it to a livable town before nightfall". Marcus swung his bag over his shoulder and started out of town, looking back to see his little group. "not a bad group we have here" Marcus grabbed the handle of his broadsword and started to run forward, "keep up you two, don't want to be left behind".

vietatoSconosciuto

''well yeah not that good of a deal i sear this water is no good and the medical supplies look used'', Gregg watched Marcus as he moved forward garbing the handle of his sword and then looked to Julia ''so what the crazy guy our leader now, damn i have to stop letting this happen''. he smiled and followed behind Marcus ''Well you know where the next town is, or you just gonna walk in any random direction''

FrostShifter

"I'll have no problem keeping up." She said, keeping at Marcus' speed. "Before my doctor training, I was the town scout."

She grinned running backwards so she could speak to Gregg. "Let me know if your ankle begins to bother you. I can always see what my Doctor left inside for pain, but I know it's not much, so it has to be limited until I can get more."

She righted herself and listened as Gregg asked Marcus about the destination. Way deep down, she was a bit excited to be going on an adventure into the unknown, but above that she was nervous and honestly a little scared. But that came with change no matter how big or small.

kingmaster1

Marcus laughed as his friend kept easy pace with him, "well night time isn't a very good time to travel, so we should try and reach a town before dusk" Marcus looked at the sun in the sky "it's about noon so we have a good chunk of time" Marcus stopped abruptly and reached his hand out stopping his friend too "wait" He said quietly "GET DOWN!" Marcus hit the deck and pulled the doctor down too.

The sound of gun fire filled the air and Marcus could see the tops of peoples heads from behind rocks, "MOVE!" Marcus pulled the doctor  and Gregg behind a nearby boulder and let the bullets fly.  There was a brief lull and Marcus shot at the heads "ones down!" Marcus ran to a boulder closer to them and drew his sword "try and take down two more and i'll move in" Marcus yelled to them both

FrostShifter

Julia sat behind the boulder, breathing heavily. "I don't have a weapon! I don't know how to use a weapon!" She tried not to panic but as the bullets pinged off the boulder. She watched as Marcus tried to move forward and Gregg laid on the ground where he had been thrown down in the dust.