Star Wars... Post Jedi Purge/Pre-Rebellion RP (preferably FEMALE MECHANIC WANTED

Started by MaiMizzu, May 03, 2014, 07:50:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Florence

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

My copy of The Jedi Path arrived :D

So now I have both The Jedi Path and Book of Sith >8D

Quote from: Cassandra LeMay on May 06, 2014, 04:01:29 AM
I've been thinking about this a while and I think I'll bow out (for now). While it would be convenient to revive one of my old characters for this game, it would also be me chasing nostalgia for a character I loved and a game I really enjoyed. That would run the risk of reviving the character just for the revivals sake, and I am not sure if that would be the best basis to enter this game right now.

In so far I will just follow what you guys do with this setting for a while and see if that can stirr up some fresh inspiration in me so I can jump in, should you need a crew replacement at some point.

Have fun, all, and may the Force be with you. :-)

Also, sorry to see ya go, but... yeah, no point joining an rp if your muse isn't singing to ya.

EDIT: ALSO, so I have my character's history straight, this takes place roughly... 14 BBY?
O/O: I was going to make a barebones F-list as a rough summary, but then it logged me out and I lost my progress, so I made a VERY barebones F-list instead: Here.

apygoos

SGTDan

“We are all a little weird and life’s a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love.”  -Dr. Seuss
Proudly Demisexual
Do you love Star Trek? Answer the Call to Duty
My RP Requests

MaiMizzu

Quote from: SGTDan on May 06, 2014, 02:32:58 PM
I'm interested, if you'll have me
Please keep in mind that the crew (for now) will be 6-8, so not everyone will get in. But we are taking applications still! So if you wanna try to be aboard, just go to the first post of this thread and fill out an app, and PM it to me!
The definition of a hero, at least in my mind, is someone who can protect what is right. To change and stop the wrong. To fight against the forces that seek to destroy you. And, at the very least ... live life well, and enjoy it with those you love.

SGTDan

How many apps do you have? Anyone bite on the Clone Commando yet?
“We are all a little weird and life’s a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love.”  -Dr. Seuss
Proudly Demisexual
My RP Requests

Orange Marmalade

Quote from: SGTDan on May 06, 2014, 03:19:31 PM
How many apps do you have? Anyone bite on the Clone Commando yet?

I sent one in but that doesn't mean you can't! :)

Or that theoretically there couldn't be a pair of clones who broke away during Order 66 and that scoundrel captain with a heart (hopefully!) offered them jobs if they were both accepted or something. A pair of 'twins' could be interesting to have on a ship!

Also mine is adaptable, so if they only wanted a single Clone the concept could be shifted slightly easily enough.

SGTDan

Fair enough, I have a concept as to why he failed to comply with the order. Although thinking of just a clone trooper, but I'll see as the idea develops.
Proudly Demisexual
My RP Requests

Florence

I hope no one minds that I kind of have to... make a little stuff up, or rather embellish the timeline.

Unfortunate by product of Disney's canon changes. The question of just what the hell happens after the last time we Mandalore in Clone Wars probably will never be answered.

Well, I mean, I'm sure it will be, with a Mandalorian girl appearing in Rebels. But that will only apply to the NEW canon. So... yeah...

I'm just going to assume that the Mandalorians returned to their warrior roots, and some powerful warrior declared themself the new Mand'alor.
O/O: I was going to make a barebones F-list as a rough summary, but then it logged me out and I lost my progress, so I made a VERY barebones F-list instead: Here.

apygoos

Quote from: Florence on May 06, 2014, 04:49:57 PM
I hope no one minds that I kind of have to... make a little stuff up, or rather embellish the timeline.

Unfortunate by product of Disney's canon changes. The question of just what the hell happens after the last time we Mandalore in Clone Wars probably will never be answered.

Well, I mean, I'm sure it will be, with a Mandalorian girl appearing in Rebels. But that will only apply to the NEW canon. So... yeah...

I'm just going to assume that the Mandalorians returned to their warrior roots, and some powerful warrior declared themself the new Mand'alor.
you mean Boba Fett? :P Arguably the more fearsome bounty hunter in the galaxy at this point, lol. The Fett Armor is Mandalorian make. Like you said its possible there are bounty hunters and warriors who returned to the root of Mand'alor, it just wouldn't be a big fanclub is all.

Florence

Quote from: apygoos on May 06, 2014, 04:53:57 PM
you mean Boba Fett? :P Arguably the more fearsome bounty hunter in the galaxy at this point, lol. The Fett Armor is Mandalorian make. Like you said its possible there are bounty hunters and warriors who returned to the root of Mand'alor, it just wouldn't be a big fanclub is all.

Well, Boba Fett doesn't become Mand'alor for a whiiiiile.

The problem is that there's really no information.

TCW Spoilers
Last we see of Mandalore in The Clone Wars, there's a big battle going on between the Super Commandos and the Nite Owls, and... that's it. We never find out how that battle even ends. I mean, I think the implication is that the Nite Owls are pretty heavily outgunned, so they probably lost... but... yeah. We never really find out who wins, what happens to Mandalore.

It seems pretty likely that the New Mandalorian movement is done for, and the Death Watch have basically succeeded in bringing militarism back to Mandalore, but we never find out to what extent that happens.

Thankfully there IS lore regarding what they're like during the time of this rp... but the immediate state of Mandalore after the events of The Clone Wars requires a little embellishment. Looking over the wiki I suppose we can infer that the Mandalorians return to their warrior culture (biggest problem with TCW and Mandalorians, it pretty much gives them a case of cultural bipolar disorder: WAR WAR WAR, PEACE PEACE PACE, WAR WAR WAR!), and... presumably scatter from the nice neat concentrated, organized government of the New Mandalorians, back into the clan based culture they had in the past. They presumably remain without a particular leader until Spar shows up and becomes Mandalore the Resurrector... then their history pretty much continues on as the wiki establishes, eventually the Mandalorian Protectors are formed, allied with the CIS,

After the war, the Empire proceeds to offer mercenary contracts to the Mandalorians (which Kiden presumably begins to take part in, as she's coming into adulthood just around this time), however, as tensions between the Empire and Mandalorians increase, Kiden finds herself double-crossed by the Empire who decide to pay her with blaster bolts instead of credits. She shoots her way out and is on the run when she meets up with the crew and signs up xD

I figure she'd have signed on... 1 or 2 years prior to the start of the rp perhaps?

EDIT:

I just realized this is totally Kiden's themesong 8D

http://youtu.be/OREPKjI8FNw

apygoos

I know this has been in development for a while, but, it feels like its trying to steal what were trying to do >.<
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_soLH5MWGOg

Florence

If it makes you feel any better.

I'm still about... 75% sure Rebels will suck.

Plus, Rebels takes place in the lame new canon.

This rp takes place in the awesome old EU canon 8D

Orange Marmalade

Florence

Quote from: Orange Marmalade on May 06, 2014, 07:01:37 PM
It might suck but I'm still excited for it!

I'm a little more excited about it now.

Before that trailer came out, I was about 90% sure it would suck, so that trailer made me a whole 15% more excited about it xD

SGTDan

Well hopefully I get an app in, my computer is in for repair currently.

I have a Clone and Jedi romance plot in my head.
Proudly Demisexual
My RP Requests

Florence

Is anyone here a skilled enough photoshop wizard to white out some eyes for an Arkanian? xD

Quote from: SGTDan on May 06, 2014, 07:37:59 PM
Well hopefully I get an app in, my computer is in for repair currently.

I have a Clone and Jedi romance plot in my head.

Also, that sucks D: what are you on now? A spare?

Edit: Oh dear god, don't tell me you're on a phone. That is just... ugh. I hate typing on phones :C

SGTDan

I've been on my phone for the past few days. My fingers hurt.
Proudly Demisexual
My RP Requests

MaiMizzu

I know what you're thinking. Oh they stole the idea from Rebels! Well... no! They stole my idea! This thing has been brewing in my brain (in one form or another) for almost a year. Then Tacun said something.. and I'm like... what if we did a SW story!?

Besides, our RP will be much cooler than their show!  So get your apps in!
The definition of a hero, at least in my mind, is someone who can protect what is right. To change and stop the wrong. To fight against the forces that seek to destroy you. And, at the very least ... live life well, and enjoy it with those you love.

Sara Nilsson

Quote from: MaiMizzu on May 06, 2014, 08:59:24 PM
I know what you're thinking. Oh they stole the idea from Rebels! Well... no! They stole my idea! This thing has been brewing in my brain (in one form or another) for almost a year. Then Tacun said something.. and I'm like... what if we did a SW story!?

Besides, our RP will be much cooler than their show!  So get your apps in!

app is sent ^^

MaiMizzu

Sara Nilsson

MaiMizzu

I'm an idiot. Yes, yes I did. I'm sorry, I got confused. Cause i'm dumb. heh

TheLostCastor

MaiMizzu

Florence

I just need to do the RP sample for mine... and then figure out what I'm gonna put for height and weight... seriously, I'm terrible at figuring what those should be >_>;

ALSO... I might need the help of anyone who has magical photoshop powers to blank out the eyes of a picture to make it look like an Arkanian xD If not... I'll find a way around it.