The World of Dunk and Egg (Game of Thrones) - Interest Check

Started by Zillah, June 25, 2014, 01:33:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zillah

I'm looking for at least two RP partners - one to play a male character, one to play a female character - who are very familiar with George R. R. Martin's "A Song of Ice and Fire" series ... or, as most people know it, "the books that the television series 'A Game of Thrones' is based on". Specifically, I'm looking to start a small group RP set in the world of Westeros, but ninety years before the events of "Game of Thrones" begins - during the time of the "Dunk and Egg" prequels also written by Mr. Martin. If you're not familiar with these stories - "The Hedge Knight", "The Sworn Sword", and "The Mystery Knight" - then this RP may not be for you, and I thank you kindly for reading this far. :)

For once, I don't have a specific story idea in mind for this setting. I have a few rough ideas, but I thought I would see what interested players might want to do first, before getting into too much detail. Assuming enough players are interested, we can work out a story in much more specific detail.

I'm open to having more than two other players, but since I'm not sure I'll find anyone else who's interested in this little niche of the world of "A Song of Ice and Fire", I'll just start there and hope for the best.

Things I'm looking for:

A freeform game. I know there's several good RPG systems designed around "A Game of Thrones", but I don't think they're necessary for this RP. So no formal rules systems.

Good familiarity with the books, and with the short stories mentioned above. Not that I plan on getting obsessive over story details, but I'd like to stick very closely to the world that's been created in them, and what's already happened there. If you've watched just the TV show, there's enough differences to where this RP may not be for you.

No canon-based characters. I'd like the RP to feature all original characters, not based on any existing characters from the books. For that matter, I don't anticipate using any characters from the books, even as NPCs. I'd like to create an original story in the existing world of Westeros. Characters might be related to existing characters somehow - someone could be a Lannister, or a Stark, if they wanted - but no one who's actually been featured in a story or book before.

An adventure in the Seven Kingdoms. I'd rather not get too exotic and wind up in Pentos, or someplace like that (though characters could come from there). Somewhere in the existing kingdoms would be plenty fine.

If this sounds interesting, please PM me. And if you have any other questions about this RP, either PM me or post your questions here.

Thanks for reading. :)