Superhero and Villain roleplay (Interest check)

Started by nik200, November 05, 2010, 10:42:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SpellboundVixen

Quote from: lex87author on November 15, 2010, 08:22:27 AM
Vixen: Already? Yikes the Heroes job is already a bit tougher than I'd thought if she controls ALL the banks and police, wouldn't it be a bit more realistic if she just has contacts that keep her "misdoings" of the record, so to speak? Gotta give the Heroes at least the appearance of a fighting chance lol Especially with all the new villains popping up.

yea, true, I cant make her too powerful, influence wise.. I think if she needed money she would call the bank or show up in person, hypnotize them quickly enough to give her a loan for a few million then lose the paper work.. of course she does not care about anybody else but herself, so she could care less about what happen to the loan officer...

lex87author

Quote from: SpellboundVixen on November 15, 2010, 08:29:03 AM
yea, true, I cant make her too powerful, influence wise.. I think if she needed money she would call the bank or show up in person, hypnotize them quickly enough to give her a loan for a few million then lose the paper work.. of course she does not care about anybody else but herself, so she could care less about what happen to the loan officer...
I definitely agree that she has the potential to get to that point if she was able to accomplish her goals unchecked, but then again that's what the good guys are here for right? hehe

nik200

Quote from: SpellboundVixen on November 15, 2010, 08:15:57 AM
Nik:

mmhmm... more threats to Hypnotica's plans of domination.

tell me, where does Gen. Wraith's army sleep??

The army of Wrath is located in the sewers at the Dark Section. Its quite a big place.

Quote from: lex87author on November 15, 2010, 08:22:27 AM
Vixen: Already? Yikes the Heroes job is already a bit tougher than I'd thought if she controls ALL the banks and police, wouldn't it be a bit more realistic if she just has contacts that keep her "misdoings" of the record, so to speak? Gotta give the Heroes at least the appearance of a fighting chance lol Especially with all the new villains popping up.

nik: Looks good nik, so I N can make 10 metal soldiers AND 4 metal golems or is one or the other? If you made it 5 golems you could do things as interchangeable (i.e 2 soldiers=1 golem and so forth anf then mix and match them as the situation dictates.

i think that would work i suppose, and its one or the other. At all times, he can only make 5 golems per day and 10 soldiers per day.

lex87author

Cool, I don't mean to make you adjust your character I was more thinking just to keep things simple for everyone else to figure out what he can and can't do.

Seem the story is moving along great btw nik

Just another GM-type suggestion to make sure this stays Non-Adult would be to post the do and don't in this RP somewhere like at the start of this thread so that if anybody new joins they realize that its a PG-13 RP and not the typical E one. Like I said just a thought, to avoid any awkwardness with a "naughty" post lol

SpellboundVixen

Quote from: lex87author on November 15, 2010, 08:40:57 AM
Cool, I don't mean to make you adjust your character I was more thinking just to keep things simple for everyone else to figure out what he can and can't do.

Just another GM-type suggestion to make sure this stays Non-Adult would be to post the do and don't in this RP somewhere like at the start of this thread so that if anybody new joins they realize that its a PG-13 RP and not the typical E one. Like I said just a thought, to avoid any awkwardness with a "naughty" post lol

lol

I we should link this thread to that thread and have Nik come up with some guide-lines.  the character profiles go here, so the rules should be here too ^^

welp, I'm out for a while, loves.  I hope to see you all soon.. byes.

lex87author

Quote from: SpellboundVixen on November 15, 2010, 08:44:48 AM
lol

I we should link this thread to that thread and have Nik come up with some guide-lines.  the character profiles go here, so the rules should be here too ^^

See ya later Vixen!

nik200

Quote from: lex87author on November 15, 2010, 08:40:57 AM

Thanks for the advice, but i know all that, dont worry about it, besides, i see no problems so far, Were all pretty chilled and relaxed at the moment, and i dont want to burden rules this early. Give it time for people to post more regulary before all that, i already had that in mind for later Lex, still thanks.

Quote from: SpellboundVixen on November 15, 2010, 08:44:48 AM
lol

Goodnite Vixen :)

lex87author

Alright no worries, sorry I'm a bit of an organizer. I tend to get stuck in all the little details and stuff quickly, sometimes too quickly lol I'll leave the GM-ing of your thread to you haha

Lionura7

Before I throw myself into the fray, does anyone have a problem with my character?

lex87author

Quote from: Lionura7 on November 15, 2010, 11:48:10 AM
Before I throw myself into the fray, does anyone have a problem with my character?
No problem here Lionura :)

nik200

Quote from: Lionura7 on November 15, 2010, 11:48:10 AM

Absolutely no problem

Boudicca

I'm having a little trouble keeping up with the group thread, but I made a spin-off one for Summer and Autumn, if anyone would be interested in playing?

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=89031.0

They're about to embark on blind dates, so if someone wants to make two dates, or two people want to make one date each, that's cool with me. :D

I'd really love to have more smaller group roleplay with these characters! It just seems I can't handle a group thread as big as the main one has become. :p

nik200

Quote from: Boudicca on November 16, 2010, 01:08:38 AM
I'm having a little trouble keeping up with the group thread, but I made a spin-off one for Summer and Autumn, if anyone would be interested in playing?

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=89031.0

They're about to embark on blind dates, so if someone wants to make two dates, or two people want to make one date each, that's cool with me. :D

I'd really love to have more smaller group roleplay with these characters! It just seems I can't handle a group thread as big as the main one has become. :p

Im really sorry about that Boudicca, :-( i did not actually believe i would get this many people at once, soon enough i will branch it to different sections.

SpellboundVixen

yea, I have noticed the stories moving along pretty well.. I'm just watching the action unfolding before I make my strike with hypnotica, mwahahaha....

Boudicca

Quote from: nik200 on November 16, 2010, 02:23:05 AM
Im really sorry about that Boudicca, :-( i did not actually believe i would get this many people at once, soon enough i will branch it to different sections.

No need to apologise! :D It's nice to see a thread that's so fast-moving, and I've made/met some characters that I'm keen to play more with. ^^

SpellboundVixen

personally I'm trying to think of a superhero but I'm drawing a blank.. not too good at playing male vs females for some reason...

tuckers02

Quote from: SpellboundVixen on November 16, 2010, 03:19:21 AM
personally I'm trying to think of a superhero but I'm drawing a blank.. not too good at playing male vs females for some reason...

Sorry mine's too young for you.  But I've been wanting to play this character and it was non-adult so...

SpellboundVixen

Quote from: tuckers02 on November 16, 2010, 03:36:13 AM
Sorry mine's too young for you.  But I've been wanting to play this character and it was non-adult so...

no no no, you misunderstood ^^

its harder for me to play a male character then it is for me to play a female character, thats what I was trying to say..

tuckers02

Ah!  Okay.  I can play both.  In fact, some of my favorite characters are female.

SpellboundVixen

on a side note, Tucker, since I cant PM you and tell you this ^^

You joinned this forum an HOUR before I did.. they must have been going down a list of names up for review and stopped at yours for the day ::cries::

tuckers02

nk

Is the new thread taking place on the same day? :3

SpellboundVixen

I think I came up with an idea that may help everybody

at the beginning of your post, put your character's name.  the 2nd part of the post is the actions going on for that post, at the end of the post place where your character is at that moment where you ended the post so others can have a quick note on where the character is.

I'd like to come up with some easy dice rules too... just to make things more fun, we let fate decided the outcome on different events.

--
exp:

[random girl]

kisses, kills and destroys you

[hostpitl, ICU]

what everybody think?

nik200

Quote from: SpellboundVixen on November 16, 2010, 06:28:19 AM
I think I came up with an idea that may help everybody

at the beginning of your post, put your character's name.  the 2nd part of the post is the actions going on for that post, at the end of the post place where your character is at that moment where you ended the post so others can have a quick note on where the character is.

I'd like to come up with some easy dice rules too... just to make things more fun, we let fate decided the outcome on different events.

--
exp:

[random girl]

kisses, kills and destroys you

[hostpitl, ICU]

what everybody think?

As the gm of the thing i dont know if we want to change things too long, and how does a dice work? Im not too familiar with that style of things......

SpellboundVixen

basicly you have this dice bot on this site

lets say Hypnotica is trying to hypnotize White blade, like she did when she met him.  to see if the hypnotic effect got to him, we roll dice,

lets say 1d6.

if my number was higher then yours, we can say that she hypnotized him.. if yours if higher, you resisted. 

we can also add rolls to see how long the effect might last.. say 1d24.  the number shown would be the number of hours she would have him to herself.

thats pretty much how it works.  this helps in combat and since its still early in the game, we can say that all the heroes are about the same power.. then as the story goes on, we can use this threat to "vote" if a super hero has gotten stronger.

this will help too to bring characters together.. lets say Commander N is way more powerful then White Blade.. you would want to bring in some extra fire power..

i'm thinking villians, since they are the bad guys, be alittle bit more powerful.. promoting teamwork.

your thoughts?