The Soul Society's newest threat! (Bleach rp interest thread)

Started by kingmaster1, March 17, 2013, 06:40:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kingmaster1

I actually have done that :P

I normally record a bunch of episodes. My longest run is about episode 348 to 594 or something like that :P

Anyway, I understand.

I think I should make an OOC for these kinds of things and I'm thinking we should have... we have 7 people now...so 8 would be good, nice even number :P

Chasseybaby

So yo! I have my character done and need some input on how bad I made her >.<
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Character sheet

Name: Chiasa Shouten (goes by Chi)

Personality: She is cute, innocent, and acts very much like a child, which is reinforced by the fact that she refers to herself in third-person. Chiasa's vocabulary, which contains a number of off the wall phrases or using words with a different meaning. Senshin Genkou assumes her and she has grown a fondness to her Captain since she first met him. She also seems to grow excited whenever he is around her and is a bit jealous of other women who are given his attention. Chiasa isn’t afraid to show her affection over Senshin openly, best-shown when she unexpectedly bear-hugged him or tackling him when she sees him. Though she knows they could never be together while in the soul society she is known more like a younger sister to him then his lieutenant.

Though when things are serious Chiasa is much more mature, composed, logical, sophisticated, and intelligent. She is also relatively level-headed in terms of how to fight, stating that if one's excuse for a battle is to fight out of hatred, prejudice, or simple competition, then the challenger look "childish" and "unworthy”. Chiasa is somewhat pacifistic, and has despised engaging in combat, unless it involves self-defense and protecting those dear to her heart. She refuses to finish off weaker or injured opponents, and will stop fighting them once they've been disabled or incapacitated.
Chiasa has shown to be relatively calm and silent when fighting, preferring to speak only when spoken to. She is even shown to enjoy reading, usually seen reading a book after her missions or after waiting for Senshin. She has also shown to be a loyal, respectful, and trustworthy warrior, who will diligently follow the orders of her Captain. She's also knowledgeable, analytical, and easygoing, fairly compassionate, humorous in her own way, and exhibits a cheerful, energetic demeanor when off-duty.

Bio: Born in Rukon District 78 Inuzuri, life was rather hard for her as a child. Many men had found her attractive and had abused her at a very young age. Years and years it went on for, so much that she stopped her pleas for help and underwent a state of no emotion. Finally, one day a shinigami had arrived on patrol to see if there was hollow attacks, and helped her escape. She never forgot his name, Senshin Genkou and vowed that one day she would become a shinigami like him. After years of self-training she joined the academy to further hone her abilities.

Her natural talent was noticed almost immediately, and it was Zanjutsu. After that she trained with her kidos, after learning her zanpakuto's names, Suiboku. After that she trained her Shunpo with her philosophy being 'if they can't catch me then I can’t lose'. The training had changed her, spending time with her Senshin brought back a childlike personality she never got to experience in her past, but also maturing her into the leader she knew she could be. When she graduated she was in the highest class, making her lieutenant material. That was exactly what happened, she became the lieutenant of Squad 9 Captain, Senshin Genkou. She was so excited to finally have her name known, as well as finally having the ability to fight alongside her personal hero and saver. Chiasa adores her captains’ lighter personality and tolerates his darker one because she feels it makes him who he is as a shinigami. But she feels mistreated and unimportant when his darker side takes over bring her back feelings of how men treated her when she was in Rukongai , drinking excessively, lusting over women, and pushing others below him, but she stays with him none the less because she is wholeheartedly devoted to him.

Appearance:

Weapon name: Suiboku

Release phrase: Brush away this evil, Suiboku.

Sealed appearance: A set of Daishō swords. One a long black bladed katana and simple handed wakizashi.

Shikai appearance: Once released her katana’s blade is streaked with red lines.
Pic:

Shikai powers: When released she is able to control a black aura around herself to attack and also covers her and her swords. She uses this black ink as a tool in her fighting style and also to push power into her attacks.

Bankai: Her katana transforms into a heavy decorative ornate cleaver that she wields with little to no effort. 
Pic:

Bankai powers: Just like her original sword she controls the black aura around her but is stronger and faster. She also may changes the surrounding area as well into an inky darkness, where she may surprise attack and shield herself from her enemies. If an opponent comes into contact with her ink while in her Bankai form their body becomes paralyzed and lose their eyesight for a short while in the darkness that she creates.

Pic: When she uses her Bankai form she also transforms.

Extra feature:
Chiasa has a great deal of experience in fighting, showing hardly any effort in her advanced use of swordsmanship. Her body flows elegantly when engaging in combat, so finely tuned that she can stop her attacks at a moment's notice, and subsequently execute lethal attacks with absolute precision.
Even without the aid of her Zanpakutō, Chiasa has shown herself to be quite a skilled fighter. She also used her swordsmanship in conjunction with her hand-to-hand combat skills.
She has increased speed and is very agile and flexible in all her forms.

kingmaster1

okay, so I think one more will work before we get started, as long as you guys waiting put your characters up :P

azzmeister89

Jubei!!!! i love samurai girls -has the dvd- i think Tetsu is going to be in love

kingmaster1

Chasseybaby

*tackles Senshin* Onii-chan! *Hugs him to her in a bear hug* Chi missed her Onii-chan! Did you bring me a present?

*waves a t azz* I love them too ^^ Tetsu will have to get passed Chi's captain :P

Prosak

Hey Chesey, she is a great character. Although I had to read her twice, and heres why. 1) I did not understand her, the first time. Do to, you accidentally missing 's, on a few sentences. 2) I thought my page loaded weird, but it seems one of your pictures in the bottom, is not showing. Her transformation, when she uses her Bankei. So if it is important that people know what it looks like, you may want to remedy that. But ya, I like cutesy characters. And, I like how she will be more serious in battle. A common issue cute characters face, is shutting off their hyperactivity, when facing danger.

kingmaster1

Prosak

Wow, that is weird. Now that I am on my computer it works. It just did not on my phone. Wow, weird.

Mysterica

character sheet
Name: Yuri Kobayakawa

Personality: Yuri tends to be a rather happy go lucky girl.  She cares little for issues that don't interest her, and instead saves all her attention to the few things that she is interested in, the main focus of her attention being the multitude of beautiful women in Soul Society.  Completely contrary to the amount of attention given to the lovely ladies of the court, she tends to treat most of the men with a cool indifference.

Bio: Yuri, during her off time, is often seen by all, but certainly never expected.  She wanders around to her leisure, often looking for a new pretty face to flirt with.  She frequently drinks, but seldom partakes by herself, finding that an inebriated target is often more likely to be willing to experiment.

When not on the hunt, Yuri can often be found in the sixth division barracks either practicing her martial skills or in her room drawing comic books.

Appearance:

Weapon name: Kage-Maru

Sealed appearance: Normal katana

Shikai appearance:

Shikai powers: Can split Yuri's shadow into up to four clones of herself.  Neither the clones, nor Yuri cast shadows during this technique.  Clones have no true solidity save for Kage-Maru himself

Bankai:N/A

Well here is what is there so far I'm still rather debating just how I want to play her.  So many choices.  I will update her with who she really is after a short break.  I have a killer headache right now.

kingmaster1

Quote from: Prosak on March 24, 2013, 04:34:30 PM
Wow, that is weird. Now that I am on my computer it works. It just did not on my phone. Wow, weird.

Lol, I guess the picture is too big for your phone :P

She seems promising Mysterica, I'm looking forward to it ;D

Chasseybaby

Thank you Prosak for your advice.
A lot of pictures do that on my phone too on E.  :P

Mysterica! Im excited to see how your character will turn out! ^^

seekeroftruth22

i love all the characters every one is making! this is going to be a great game once it is set up. also if some one is interested in being lieutenant of squad 5 i might be interested, we can make momo a third seat.
I have taken the Oath of the Drake

azzmeister89

quick question, i'm planing on having a old head injury as the reason why Tetsuya has such a lack of presence and almost undetectable spiritual pressure so i imagine someone would have to had healed him at some point in order to discover his potential otherwise he would never had gotten into the academy.

anyone like to fill that role?

seekeroftruth22

Quote from: azzmeister89 on March 24, 2013, 05:23:24 PM
quick question, i'm planing on having a old head injury as the reason why Tetsuya has such a lack of presence and almost undetectable spiritual pressure so i imagine someone would have to had healed him at some point in order to discover his potential otherwise he would never had gotten into the academy.

anyone like to fill that role?

pretty much any one from squad 4 they are the healers of the soul society and heal with out presidence, friend, enemy or bystander they heal every one

kingmaster1

I'm proposing a simple dice battle system for the fights. I've never done this before, so please add input and make suggestions!

-Each fighter has 15HP to begin with. (Perhaps 10 instead? Will 15 take too long?)
--Considering a bonus to HP for fight victories, awarding an extra point or two to represent character strength growth.
--If a fighter loses all their HP, they are KO'd.

-Roll 2d20.
--1 is a critical miss, lose a turn.
--2 to 14 is a miss, opponent dodges or no effect.
--15 to 19 is a hit, opponent takes damage.
--20 is a critical hit, double damage and opponent is either knocked down or incapacitated

What do you guys think?

Rhaegar14

I think dice battles would be kind of lame and against the spirit of Bleach. We're talking about a franchise where the main character and others routinely win fights through sheer force of will.
Pretty much scrapped my signature because everything in it is hilariously out of date. I might work on fixing that eventually.

seekeroftruth22

well Rhaegar we wont be invincible, if me, a captain, went up againt a regual squad member we all know who would win but lets say me and King fought, we would litteratly destroy the universe if we didnt have some way of losing

kingmaster1

yeah, so it's just so everyone has the equal opportunity to win or lose.

No one won every single time in the show, there was always some reason they lost no matter what it might have been.

If someone has a suggestion I'd like to hear it

Rhaegar14

I'm not saying anyone should be able to always win. I'm just saying, boiling Bleach fights down to an unweighted d20 roll is against the tone of the setting in my opinion.

And to point out the flaw in the specific system you suggested, kingmaster, using seeker's example, yes, a Captain should win against a random mook without Bankai. But with an unweighted d20 roll determining how battles turn out? It comes down solely to luck. The random hollows Ichigo was fighting before the Soul Society arc could take down a Captain using that system (though obviously it probably wouldn't be in effect in that scenario).
Pretty much scrapped my signature because everything in it is hilariously out of date. I might work on fixing that eventually.

azzmeister89

would it not just be easier for everyone to agree not to write there characters doing anything stupid? if two characters are fighting then perhaps the other players can observe and make sure the fight is fare. obviously a captain would win most fights against third seats and below, unless the opponent got lucky, but it is doable without a dice system

kingmaster1

okay, so, just free form then?

No real system for the fight other than people deciding on who wins prior to the end?

If that's the case I'll probably contact people before the fight and tell them the immediate plan, would everyone be okay with their character loosing every now and then?

Of course they would win as well but I don't want someone complaining about a lost fight when it was unavoidable.

How about this? For fights between stronger people, namely against the main villains who are very powerful. We use the dice rolling?

That seems fair, right?

Rhaegar14

Yeah, I do agree that deciding on who should win a fight beforehand, either because of logic or because it serves the story better for that person to win, is probably a good plan. Especially with how hard it can be to bring people down in a freeform Bleach roleplay without this sort of agreement.

kingmaster1

How about this? For fights between stronger people, namely against the main villains who are very powerful. We use the dice rolling?

That seems fair, right?

For something like sparring, there's no real winner so I'll let you all flip a coin or something. For small hollows, I believe they would be destroyed quite easily.

azzmeister89

sounds fair, also i put a picture and basic history on my character sheet