Female Adventurers in a Fantasy "Reality Show" (NC, 5E, Players Seeking GM)

Started by Daril, May 25, 2017, 01:02:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laughing Hyena

Quote from: Keelan on May 29, 2017, 08:16:43 PM
...can... can I have my slutty Queen corrupt her? Pretty please? :3

Isn't that the DMs job? Nah, just kidding. Go for it. :p

Keelan

When you say 'official materials' and 'core books'... does the Sword Coast one count as core? It has some useful stuff in it and I do have that book...

Also the UA, it's available online but some of it is playtest... but for instance there is a MUCH better version of the Ranger available on there that's worth considering (IMHO)

Daril

Quote from: Laughing Hyena on May 29, 2017, 05:18:06 PM
Well there are always other settlements but either they are at higher risk due to being outside the Castle City. Then of course there is the possibly that theres more than one kingdom interested and active in this new form of entertainment. The point is however you are all sponsored by the same benefactor so there is no need to meet at a tavern.

The two characters I was thinking of using to start are an escaped slave turned traveling entertainer from a distant land who wants to get wealthy enough to buy her still enslaved mother's freedom and a lady knight who wants to prove her mettle. It looks like the knight might actually be the more difficult one to get to fit the setting since it seems like there might be other opportunities for people like her to prove themselves.

Laughing Hyena

Unless the order she is part of sends her into this program to represent them as well. Sides I can get behind a knight wanting to prove her mettle. If she is from one of the bubbled castle cities, then the opportunities to test herself are very little since theres little that happens for her there.

^_^

rikka

So will you allow multiple characters?  That was done in the old game?

For me, I'm still going for my old gypsy-esque character, Juliet.  Who after gaining entry with her group into the bubble city, decides to strike on her own by joining these 'hunger games'.
Whatever the outcome, it's on you.

Ons/Offs

Laughing Hyena

Maybe not from the old DM but my motto is this: If you can handle it, I'll permit it, if you cannot, then don't bother.

Daril

Do you have some sort of simple profile you'd like to fill out, or is just a character sheet fine? 

Here's a character sheet for the half-elf girl.  Her stats include her racial bonuses and and level 4 ability score improvement (which I split and used in conjunction with +1 racial bonuses to raise Dex from 14 to 16 and Int from 16 to 18 -Cha was a 14 bumped to a 16 by a +2 racial bonus).

Are feats allowed in this game?  I didn't end up going that route with the half-elf because I felt she needed the boost to Dex and Int but I'm still considering it for the knight girl.

Laughing Hyena

Name:
Alignment:
Personality:
Brief Backstory: (One to Two Paragraphs.)
Ons and Offs (IC):
Ons and Offs (OOC):

Character Sheet:

(Theres a profile)

rikka

Name: Juliet Valis

Alignment: Chaotic Good
Personality: Headstrong and tends to be a lone wolf but is willing to work with others if needed be. 
Brief Backstory: A survivor of a vicious monster raid, Juliet was rescued and taken in by a band fierce fighting gypsies who manage to survive the hazards and dangers of the lands in between the bubble cities.  As the young Juliet got older she was thought by the ways of their group: music and entertainment as well as skills of thievery and ways to fed for oneself.  One day the wise woman of the gypsies revealed to Juliet the truth of her heritage, that she was the daughter of a couple of nobles who perished in the monster attack and that she was just a babe when she was rescued.  Juliet has long ago come to terms to her present lot and could scarcely care of her origin.

One day the gypsies decided to enter one of the bubble cities to ply their ‘trade’.  It was here that Juliet learned of the ‘games’.  Curiosity of this overcame her plus she realized this probably was one of the cities her parents came from and she had the sudden urge of wanting to know more.  It was at that moment that she decided to quietly leave the gypsies and strike out on her own upon this new world she barely knew of. 

Ons and Offs (IC): Juliet doesn’t really have much a say to whatever befalls her, but she wouldn’t like being mutilated or subjected to scat and watersports
Ons and Offs (OOC): Things I really like Juliet to be subjected to: bondage, whipped, stretched on the rack, coupled with NC situations. And tentacles.  Offs are as per above.

Character Sheet: http://www.orcpub.com/dungeons-and-dragons/5th-edition/character/list/99255

Ons/Offs

Relikai

Are you guys open for one more character? A noble type I suppose, challenged to participate by a rival.

Laughing Hyena

So far I count seven potential characters. (Some are taking multiple characters) Eight means some potential for outlandish enemies or at least bigger battles. Im not opposed to this idea. So I'm going to keep the numbers high just in case we are whittled down.

Laughing Hyena

Quote from: Daril on May 30, 2017, 06:43:25 PM
Do you have some sort of simple profile you'd like to fill out, or is just a character sheet fine? 

Here's a character sheet for the half-elf girl.  Her stats include her racial bonuses and and level 4 ability score improvement (which I split and used in conjunction with +1 racial bonuses to raise Dex from 14 to 16 and Int from 16 to 18 -Cha was a 14 bumped to a 16 by a +2 racial bonus).

Are feats allowed in this game?  I didn't end up going that route with the half-elf because I felt she needed the boost to Dex and Int but I'm still considering it for the knight girl.

And I failed to answer this question. Feats are able to be taken, if you follow the rules provided in the PHB.

Relikai

Quote from: Laughing Hyena on May 31, 2017, 12:39:52 AM
So far I count seven potential characters. (Some are taking multiple characters) Eight means some potential for outlandish enemies or at least bigger battles. Im not opposed to this idea. So I'm going to keep the numbers high just in case we are whittled down.

Also, I can support you with 5E if you from time to time,as a player, or a Co-GM :) I have the PHB, DMG, SCAG and Elemental Evil notes. No Volo's tho!

Laughing Hyena

Daril

Quote from: Laughing Hyena on May 31, 2017, 12:39:52 AM

Would it maybe be better to break things up into smaller groups of perhaps about 3-4 players?  Eight seems like a lot to rotate through every turn.  It also seems like it might make it difficult for characters to do things like hold conversations (because a conversation between two or three characters could hold up the entire game).

Or do you think multiple small groups would be too difficult to GM?

(Working on my first profile.)

Relikai

I don't mind taking a small group, but of course on planning and how the game goes I will refer to Hyena for guidance on how to exploit reveal our participants to the world!

Keelan

Any chance I can convince you to let us have both a Feat AND attribute points at level 4, etc? That is the one thing I do dislike about 5th, though keep in mind the feat I'm looking at is to give me more skills or saves >.<

Laughing Hyena

Well considering this can cause issues with balance if I allowed that. I cannot really allow it.

Also I tried that before with divvying up two parties and running them each in different phases. It didn't end well. In combat I'll be enforcing rather strictly a time limit to keep things going. If you don't post in time, you lose your action. ^_^

Anyway Relikai might be decent in this facet since having a co-GM would make thing easier to do with two parties of four. But for now I'd rather have a team of eight.

Keelan

Gonna assume that means I couldn't convince you to let me play a Paladin who eschews armor in favor of her Charisma adding to her AC then, right?

Adding Stat or otherwise Unarmored AC is granted only by Barbarian, Monk, and the Dragon-y Sorcerer, but Vall is more of a melee fighter sort, and I'd like for her highest stat - Cha - to actually matter beyond just being 'charismatic leader' : P

...also because I want her to run around naked as much as possible while still being tough as nails >.>

...it's mostly so she can run around naked and me not have to worry about armor, I admit it okay?! >.<

Laughing Hyena

Thats true, but if I allow that for one I allow it for all. Whats wrong with wearing sexy armor and just getting the bonus in that fashion? Im not a stickler for pragmatism in such a scenario. I do however have to worry about game balancing. This feat in question, what is it?

Keelan

Oh, the Paladin without armor is not a feat, and the feat I was talking about before was Skilled, as I tend to play skillmonkeys.

The Paladin quip was half-longshot/half-joke as I really like having characters run around in like... Thigh highs, boots, gloves, maybe a choker... And that is it. I like the fantasy of an exhibitionistic warrior who does not need armor, but unfortunately that does not often overlap with a build also focusing charisma for thematics... And I do usually prefer to make my big numbers useful when I have a spread and am in a group game.

I also don't like messing with whether or not I have armor on for AC in games likely to have sex, so it is a little simpler too, which is also nice.

However, I do understand wanting to keep things straightforward as a GM, which house rules can complicate, but I would rather ask about possible ideas just in case :)

JoanieSappho

Yay! My girl is very definitely going to be wearing some quite impractical armour.
Also, is the UA stuff allowed? There was a feat I rather wanted her to have (Silver Tongued).

Also also, I'm not actually physically in close contact to my copy of the phb, so it might be saturday before I can sort things out entirely, as the legal online reference material is kinda lacking.

Laughing Hyena

Quote from: Keelan on May 31, 2017, 02:16:11 PM
Oh, the Paladin without armor is not a feat, and the feat I was talking about before was Skilled, as I tend to play skillmonkeys.

The Paladin quip was half-longshot/half-joke as I really like having characters run around in like... Thigh highs, boots, gloves, maybe a choker... And that is it. I like the fantasy of an exhibitionistic warrior who does not need armor, but unfortunately that does not often overlap with a build also focusing charisma for thematics... And I do usually prefer to make my big numbers useful when I have a spread and am in a group game.

I also don't like messing with whether or not I have armor on for AC in games likely to have sex, so it is a little simpler too, which is also nice.

However, I do understand wanting to keep things straightforward as a GM, which house rules can complicate, but I would rather ask about possible ideas just in case :)

Well it's good to ask, even if I don't agree with the question. Better to ask than be quiet. Its not just being straightforward but also giving you ladies an actual challenge. Hell I love me an exhibitionist warrior. As for a paladin that wears more alluring armor. Well I think I can provide for that. Not that hard to think up. If you want such a concept of a paladin with exhibitionism, we can work that out.

Not sure how I feel about that whole ability score and feat granting. Seems a bit overpowering in my view. Relikai, your thoughts on allowing feats and ability scores at 4th level?

To answer your question Joanie, I do not know about UA or the skill involved so I will need to be pointed towards it.

rikka

So if a player miss in posting they're like silly statues or were too indecisive on what to do they missed their turn?  I'm guessing they'll get the brunt of the assaults/attention if they don't react?

Ons/Offs

Laughing Hyena

They lost their turn due to being indecisive, or something similar that fits the character personality.  And not necessarily. If they were in melee or the target previously then its more likely. But if they were in the back, well away from the enemy obviously that becomes less likely. Point is losing an action like that can hurt the party as well as yourself. So when combat starts I want a measure of speediness in posts to keep the game going. The biggest pitfall is when combat gets slowed to a crawl.