The Scarlet Night institute (Magical Girls with a twist, 5 person)

Started by Soveliss, July 05, 2016, 09:09:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Soveliss

It is the year 2040. Is is much similar to 2016. Most of the changes are the introduction of synthetic meat at prices cheaper than natural meat, computers becoming faster and faster, transportation becoming cheaper and more and more efficient, cheaper, renewable energy, advances in medical technology meaning more and more diseases could be treated at more affordable costs, military technology seeing the introduction of lighter and stronger alloys for use in vehicles, protective armor and weapons, the introduction of practical exoskeletons for use in factories, emergency rescue services and military, but aside from that, it looks much like the year 2016. At least on the surface...

The year 2020 has seen medical cases that baffled the understanding of the medical community. Six years old girls started getting constant skin irritations and migraines for no apparent reasons that faded during the night. Experiments were made, and it was discovered that they only suffered severe discomfort when exposed to sunlight. There was no pattern to these cases, and they were extremely rare. No explanation was ever found for this condition that medical papers referred to as "Sunlight Aversion Disorder". When these girls turned nine years old, they developed a craving for blood. At this stage, rare meat was enough to satisfy them so it went unnoticed. When they turned eleven years old, they randomly developed unique abilities. They started from being barely noticeable unless you looked for them. Enhanced reflexes. Enhanced perception. Short flashes of telepathy. At this stage, only human blood would satisfy them. It wasn't a biological need, just a craving causing psychological stress if left unsatisfied. Restlessness, sleeplessness, loss of focus. The military got interested, and started Project Scarlet. They would offer free scholarship for these girls, the best teacher they could get, free of charges, in a school that were designed around their difficulties. The purpose: monitor their vital signs over time, study their abilities, and expose them to typical recruitment propaganda. The military were not completely stupid and knew that forcefully conscripting superhuman soldiers and training them was just begging for a mutiny, and with their abilities, they could easily wipe out whole platoons if properly trained. It was judged better to nudge as many of them as possible toward joining the army so they could put them into special units. The Scarlet Night Institute was born. Officially, it was just a facility specialized in teaching people suffering from Sunlight Aversion Disorder. They offered free scholarships to people who couldn't afford them in order to keep a steady supply of blood for these girls. The military ordered doctors to keep the blood cravings a secret, and as such it didn't enter the medical papers.

The Scarlet Night Institute has a uniform, simple practical clothes with the Scarlet Night Institute insignia on them, designed to be as close as possible to a Battle Dress Uniform without technically being one, since it is basically a military project. Aside from teachers, all of the personnel is made of army veterans assigned a desk job post injury. Officially, they are not part of the army anymore and collect a veteran's pension plus a decent salary, but they know the true purpose of the Scarlet Night institute.

All of these girls without any exception started dreaming of an angel talking to them. Listening to them talk about their trouble, no matter how serious or trivial, and offering guidance and support.

The years passed, and these girls powers grew. Telekinesis, Pyrokinesis, Cryokinesis, Telepathy, ESP... Strange incidents happened around the world, that no one could explain. Perfectly healthy people started randomly fainting then got healthy again, and incidents of "missing time" where perfectly healthy people would suddenly end up in a place they did not remember going to, not being able to remember the last hours, days or even weeks, including people apprehended for crimes in progress and suddenly finding themselves in jail with no memory of committing the crimes, being arrested or interrogated. These girls dreams changed. The angel told them that the coming years would "spell the end of an era and the beginning of a new one", and that they "will be instrumental in determining how it would change", telling them they needed to be prepared.

This is the year 2040. You are students suffering from Sunlight Aversion Disorder, studying and living at the Scarlet Night Institute. Your adventure will start.

Rules:

You can play any student from 6th grade to college, the Scarlet Institute houses them all and followed on the promise to give everyone scholarship.
Since it is against site rules to have minors shown engaging in sexual activities, if your character is under 18, no sex.
The campaign is about trying to maintain a normal life between the inherent problems of suffering from Sunlight Aversion Disorder and fighting demons. Fighting demons is a part of the campaign, but so is attempting to live a normal life. The angels talking to your characters are real and will be your guides in the fight against demons, and will only guide your characters in normal life as much as your characters will let them or ask for support.
I will be using a simple tabletop RPG system made specifically for playing school girls. You likely haven't heard of it, but it's a simple system.
I had the idea for this campaign because of a dream I had. It stood up among my dreams in that it made a surprising amount of sense, but most of the world building wasn't a dream but a conscious act of expanding around that dream.
Have fun!
Winning against depression is possible, I know it, I've done it! I had help, sure, and couldn't have done it without help, but I still won!

"Work together as a team
Download douchey hats on Steam"
                                                        Brentalfloss

Starting an IC on E forums OOC on Discord experiment. If you're okay with discussing plot details and exchanging status updates on Discord while keeping RPs on Elliquiy's forums, you can ask me for my Discord ID.

Kokaine

Im interested. Though I admit my attempts at system games has been hit or miss
Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

Current Post Rate: Moderate

Current Posts Owed: 1/8

My O/Os

Soveliss

The system is very simple, actions are resolved with 1D10, with one exception, you must roll low. I'm gonna contact you through PM and we'll discuss what kind of character you want to play. :-)
Winning against depression is possible, I know it, I've done it! I had help, sure, and couldn't have done it without help, but I still won!

"Work together as a team
                                                        Brentalfloss

Starting an IC on E forums OOC on Discord experiment. If you're okay with discussing plot details and exchanging status updates on Discord while keeping RPs on Elliquiy's forums, you can ask me for my Discord ID.

AribethAmkiir

Are the original girls who suffered "Sunlight Aversion Disorder" not available for play?  (Since they would be ~26?)

Soveliss

The original girls are probably a bit too old, yeah. I was thinking of using them as the big fish at the Scarlet Night Institute, whether they are the cool girls everyone wants to be like, the big bullies, or anything else.

"Work together as a team
                                                        Brentalfloss

Soveliss

Little bump.

Anyone wants to play vampire magical girls? I promise there's a reason behind everything.

"Work together as a team
                                                        Brentalfloss

MiraMirror

On's and Offs -  Please read before asking for a story <3