Blood Oath - A Lost Girl AU Urban Fantasy Game - LGBTQA Friendly - Accepting!

Started by Kuroneko, August 27, 2014, 12:14:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Letrixia

AmberStarfire

Quote from: RedPhoenix on September 01, 2014, 05:26:46 PM
Posting interest. Faceclaim of Haifa Wehbe!

...hopefully I'm doing this right!

Yesss.. RedPhoenix. Game with us!

There is a Face Claim thread.

Kuroneko

Ons & Offs//Requests//Where is the Black Cat?
Current Posting Time - Once a Week or More

"One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art" ~ Oscar Wilde
"I dream of painting and then I paint my dream" ~ Vincent Van Gogh

RedPhoenix

~BASICS~

Name: Khalidah bint Kartha al-Guhannam (goes by "Kali Jones" these days)
Species: Djinn
Alignment: Light (traditionally, but not innately aligned either way)
Role Within the Fae Community: Troublemaker
Education: Has listened to many great scholars and philosophers over the years
Hobbies: Courting disaster, preserving art, serving the mighty

How Do They View Humans?: Entertainment

~Appearance~
Hair: Black
Eyes: Brown
Height: 5'7"
Physical Description: Dusky skinned, mischievous eyed, wide hipped, moves like a dancing girl.
Distinguishing Features: Striking brown eyes, beguiling movements.
Character Model: Haifa Wahbe

~Indepth~

What Do They Feed Off Of?: Khalidah has two sources of nutrition. The first is greed. This is her bread and butter. She draws basic sustenance from being around those who are strictly material. The second, much more desirable and exotic dish is the energy that comes from the creation of purely aesthetic beauty. Being present for the completion of a great work of art, especially one in a permanent form, can satisfy her for quite some time.

Power(s):

Conjuration: Khalidah is imbued with the energy of creation, she can summon castles of ruby and armies of devils if sufficiently empowered. There are two levels to her ability, the first is minor summoning which she can do at anyone's whim. Mortal whims are entirely up to her to grant or not. This can be anything from the perfect cup of coffee to a brand new luxury car. Anything more substantial than that is outside of her ability to grant without a wish. Wish granting is something that only a fae can demand of her. A number of factors play into the limits here. The more the fae desires it, the stronger her power, the more of an authority the fae is, the stronger her power (i.e. a king can demand more than a peasant), and finally if she is currently bound to an item, whoever holds the item can demand more of her than the rest of the world can. Whether Khalidah can grant a wish or not, she herself does not know until she tries.

Temptation: Khalidah's mere presence can destroy the inhibitions of those around her, and when she focuses her energy very few mortals can resist seeking their most intimate desires with all of their being. As part of this process, she can also divine what people's desires are. Fae exhibit various levels of resistance to this, with no real rhyme or reason to who is completely susceptible and who is completely immune.

Strengths:

Dust Devil: Khalidah, true to her name, will live forever. In any situation where she would suffer fatal damage, her body shifts to blowing sand and reforms elsewhere, escaping even vacuum and airtight chambers. When this happens she is made anew, any tattoos or piercings or surgeries vanish, it also breaks any binding placed on her. She will remain young and beautiful for all eternity.

Well-Connected: Years of working for the most powerful and wealthy mortals on Earth have left Khalidah access to fantastic amounts of material wealth. She has access to her corporate expense account and a limitless credit card.

Weaknesses:

There are a few, uh, provisos:  Khalidah's access to her power is quite limited. She cannot call forth from her own imagination, only the wishes of others. Attempts to get around this through being cutesy, such as a friend of hers wishing for something she wants, always fail. She cannot snuff out anyone's life and she cannot control anyone's mind. 

Troublemaker:  Khalidah's nature does not require her to subvert the goals of her master or mistress, but she must twist any spell in the favor of creating desire in the world. Without greed there is nothing to feed her, and without pain and misery and want there is no art. The more wishes a person puts to her, the more twisted her results can get. As a rule, if the wisher holds an item she is bound to, the first three wishes are safe. 

Easily Bound: Khalidah is, for all of her power, easy to capture and force into servitude. She is especially easy to bind to an accessory or item of jewelry, which gives her no choice but to serve the one who holds it. Khalidah can never harm the person who holds her bound item. Those fae who have legitimate, long standing claims to power and authority can command her through sheer force of will and have no need to bind her first, unless she is currently bound and someone else has the item. Both light and dark fae can also accomplish this, but there are fewer dark fae with the longevity and authority to force her to obey if she is not bound.

A Human Shell: Khalidah is no more strong, agile, or quick than she appears to be - a slender woman in her early 20s with no real muscles and who cares more about her looks than her physical prowess. Put toe to toe against nearly any other fae, Khalidah will lose a physical fight. She is also very physically sensitive, which can be a perk, but more often than not is something that is used against her.

Personality:

Intense: when someone has Khalidah's attention, they feel it. Her eyes judge and dare and her lips promise and entice, the weaker willed cannot handle it.

Self-Centered: Khalidah has an extremely high opinion of herself and reacts with hostility to any suggestion otherwise.

Bad Influence: You know those things your rational mind tells you not to do? Khalidah wants you to do them.

Aesthete: Khalidah could sit and gaze on works of art and beauty for years. She has, in fact.

Sensual: When around those who have artistic desires and ambition, Khalidah can hardly keep herself off of them. Their personalities turn her on, a lot.

Disconnected: Khalidah feels no connection to any place, person, or thing. She has seem empires falls and be rebuilt. She knows nothing that dies or burns can't be replaced. Those who feel strong loyalty to any particular place or person will find Khalidah a little bit "off."

Lonely: To Khalidah's knowledge, she is the only Fae like herself alive today. For all of her contacts and conquests and masters, she longs for someone who she can truly connect with like the lovers in works of art she admires.

History:

Khalidah was born in Maragheh under the reign of the Khwarazm Shahs many centuries ago. Her mother was a succubus and concubine to the great men of her time, and her father an ifrit who fought as a soldier for the ancient kingdom. As a reward for his service, he was given a night in the harem, and he made the most of it.  Khalidah was born so quickly afterwards her birth would have been seen as a miracle if her mother was a public figure. In a matter of a week she grew to full terms and was born to her confused, and somewhat awed mother. Khalidah grew to adulthood at an accelerated pace and was fully mature, intellectually, emotionally, and physically within five years of her birth.

She worked in the harem with her mother for many years, learning the various tricks of the trade and how to survive among humans. She learned both from her mother and the man they served, who himself was a powerful light fae. She found herself drawn to him, eager to obey him, and able to summon items to fulfill his wishes. Ala ad-din Muhammad was also the first man to bind her, tying her to a lamp in his possession. She found that this increased her powers substantially. She also granted the first wishes of her life to this man. Unfortunately, when he wished for the progress of the world around him to leap forward, Khalidah's nature revealed itself and there was, to put it mildly, a consequence.

The Mongols sacked the city. The new rulers were ambitious, and skilled and unlike any of the soft nobles that came to her in the harem. Ala ad-din Muhammad faked his death and fled north with Khalidah's mother, never to be seen again, although he smashed the lamp as he left he meant it to harm Khalidah, not free her. It turned out such an action did not harm her at all.  She attached herself to a Mongol commander and found her exceptional power growing by leaps and bounds as his desires fueled it. She happily provided weapons and horses and all sorts of pleasures for him. However when his wishes turned to the destruction of great works of art, sacking libraries and such, Khalidah found she could no longer empower him. She found another in his camp, one whose heart was much more peaceful, and whispered her temptations in his ear. With her magic giving him strength and ambition, he controlled the political scene and as a result the land was governed by a peaceful ruler. Art flourished once again. It was during this time that she faced her Dawning, and passed it with flying colors.

The new Empire she found herself a part of included opened roads and connections to lands she had only heard stories of. Khalidah felt herself drawn east to Ming China and there first encountered the war between light and dark fae. Her mother had explained this to her, but she found herself off guard by the levels of vitriol and hatred she experienced. A powerful light fae named Zheng Chenggong claimed her for his own, bound her to a rather lovely and intricate music box, and used her wish granting powers to expel the dark fae for miles around, resulting in several centuries of peace and order for the Ming Empire. However, Khalidah's vision of a peaceful world and her masters' clashed mightily, she resisted serving him, and he grew tired of her tricks and manipulations and trapped her in a small cell, sealing her off from the world, torturing her with just enough sustenance to keep her alive. Without her aid, the Ming Empire crumbled and her former master died in a fit of rage attempting to force his troops to show the loyalty Khalidah once had.

Without Zheng around to feed her just enough to torment her, she finally starved, slowly. The process took decades but when she reached the point that she would have starved, Khalidah found herself turning to sand and blowing with the wind across the world. She reformed in London and gleefully drank in the greed and beauty of the industrializing world around her, growing strong almost instantly. She spent many years there, enjoying the ravenous desires of those around her. She lived through the world wars and reformations and political upheavals, reveling in all of it.

Over time, she found she naturally fit in as a high level secretary. Her good looks and skill for giving those in power what they want made her very good at this job. Most recently her boss told her they were expanding to New York and that she was could go there if she wanted. She happily agreed, and for the last few months has found herself exploring and enjoying the city that can rightfully claim to be the center of the world. When she arrived, she found her new boss rather uninspired and boring. She is an excellent source of day to to day greed, and so Khalidah works diligently at her day job, but finds herself unfulfilled in a greater sense.

She watches corporate America dance off beat by day, but by night she typically is in the VIP area of an underground studio that her office, without their knowledge, has permanently booked. There she watches musicians perform, secretly inspiring them and freeing their inhibitions, and enjoying the galleries of street artists that come there. She also is a life member of every local museum and street level gallery and spends a great deal of her free time at night perusing these studios. She has thus far not met any of the local fae, although she assumes she will in time.

Connections: Several rather boring connections in her corporate day job. She is still looking for real connections.

Likes: Art (Music, Sculpture, Painting, Architecture, Dance, Poetry, Literature, etc), Secrets, Destroying Wealth
Dislikes: Poverty, Causes, Spiritualism
Fears&Phobias: Being denied humanity, being trapped with people without desire or ambition
O/Os: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=192648.0
Apologies & Absences | Ons & Offs
I move the stars for no one.

Kuroneko

Reading it now. I have to laugh, because Khalidah is the name I use when I bellydance professionally ;). I've also used it for characters in RP.

Kuroneko

Flower

Nowherewoman

Instead of obsessing on the person you want to be, focus on who you DON'T want to be. It's much easier to not do certain things than to break your head on some ideal of yourself.

When the dust settles, you may find out you've become who you were supposed to be all along.

more me here now!  (O/Os, ideas and junk): https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=215830.0

and mea culpas  (A/As): https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=221151.0

Flower

Kuroneko

Drake Valentine

Going by the quota so far there are 8 males and 8 females, of accepted characters anyways.

"When I'm Done With You, You'll Be a:
Raped, Bloody, And Humiliated, Little Alice in Wonderland."

Introduction | O&Os | O&Os2 | IM RP Request(Canceled 04/11/2010) | A&As(Updated 10/29/13) | Solo RP Request (Updated 09/20/14)
Pale Eclipse - Group Game Project{Paused} 

Kuroneko

Iliam and Rhoga are going to be changed into one female character, so we're actually 9 women and 6 men at the moment. Plus, Aiden and Miho are a couple, so they're out of the running for other characters.

TheBlackThrone

I had this game brought to my attention by a friend yesterday. I'm interested and I've been looking at the site referenced since I've never seen a single episode of the show. Is that mandatory? lol

I've been wanting to make an angel. I have a face claim for him, but I was wondering if the "angel" race was okay. I don't intend to make him the sort of Christian angel because I don't believe heaven exists in the Lost Girl verse. It was going to be a unique spin to help with the Light Fae morale.
The gates are open
Current Time Zone: US MST
Delays: School 20 Feb - 9 May
Current solo request: None.
Current group request: Strings

AmberStarfire

It would help a lot to watch it, I think. I don't remember there being angels, but I only re-watched the early episodes and the later episodes recently and skipped over the middle ones, which I saw years ago. There are valkyries who have angelic wings when in a transformed state. It's the closest I can think of.

The GMs would be the ones to answer about angels.

Kuroneko

Quote from: TheBlackThrone on September 02, 2014, 08:47:28 PM
I had this game brought to my attention by a friend yesterday. I'm interested and I've been looking at the site referenced since I've never seen a single episode of the show. Is that mandatory? lol

I've been wanting to make an angel. I have a face claim for him, but I was wondering if the "angel" race was okay. I don't intend to make him the sort of Christian angel because I don't believe heaven exists in the Lost Girl verse. It was going to be a unique spin to help with the Light Fae morale.

Hi TheBlackThrone, I'm glad to hear that you're interested in the game :-)

As Amber said, it can be useful to watch a couple of espisodes of the show, which are on Netflix if you have it, but they aren't entirely necessary - though the show is really fun. I started watching a handful just to join the game and now I;ve watched all four seasons lol.

There really aren't 'angels' per se in the Lost Girl verse, but you could easily adapt a similar kind of mythological creature (for example, the Japanese Tennin) to your use for your idea. If you want to send Cerigo and me a PM to discuss your idea, feel free :-)

AmberStarfire

Aiden

I am turning NPC into character.

Salvatore Esposito, business man and owner of the bloodiest fight pit on the eastern seaboard. His Michelin star awarded (human side) restaurant serves human flesh to those fae who feed on it.

Haven't picked the type of Fae yet.

AmberStarfire

Kuroneko

TheBlackThrone

I'm going to send my spin on a angel first to see what sort of looks it gets. I like your bird idea, but I'm almost making a unique creature. I'll watch the first Lost Girl episode to see if I get into it lol. I remember when it first came out. I thought immediately, Oh lord another Buffy the Vampire Slayer.
The gates are open
Current Time Zone: US MST
Delays: School 20 Feb - 9 May
Current solo request: None.
Current group request: Strings

Kuroneko

When my husband saw it he said he thought it had a Buffy feel to it, but it definitely has it's own unique flavor. I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with BlackThrone :-)

Kuroneko

Those of you waiting to hear back from us, we should be getting back to you later today. Thanks for your patience :-)

Aiden