Game of Thrones Fantasy (5th DnD, custom rules)

Started by Zaer Darkwail, May 21, 2016, 06:37:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Revelation

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=838119

One might say Jacob was lucky growing up, but Jacob hardly believes in fate and luck. Born in Oldtown, the now warrior of righteousness had a humble beginning, born to middle class merchants in the city. Jacob was a little different from his more mercantile parents, lacking their acumen for business but keeping some of their influential personality, and making up for what he lacked in merchantry with strength. The blonde haired youth was quite a fighter, and getting into scraps and other conflicts wasn’t an uncommon thing for him – and it did earn him a few unfortunate punishments as he grew up. However such things tempered him, and he quickly learned ‘right’ from wrong, and in particular there was a budding sense that seeing others doing wrong to people who did not deserve it instilled something of a quiet anger in him. It was no surprise to his family when he opted out of taking his families career and instead opted to join the city watch, where he could have easily had a good life as an enforcer of the law. Even then however, there was something different about him that set him aside from the normal guards. For Jacob, trying to do good meant more than merely doing his job. There was a sense of wanting to do more, of trying to strive for more when other guards were content to simply limit the thieves, or curb them.

As such, despite the chance of promotion and comfort, he left the life of a watchmen to attempt the life of a sellsword. It was different from his old life, but there was a sense of comfort in guarding others, even if the pay wasn’t as good, or when conditions weren’t perfect. He had made something of a name for himself around the reach, known as a bandit slayer, a guardian of merchants, a protector of the meek. These titles didn’t pay as much as the guard did, but he made due how he could. One could tell his armor was a tad worn if sturdy, and his blade was not the most lavishly crafted, but the youth inside the armor held the blade with a dedicated hand, one that did not go unnoticed by other powers who could use such a dedicated defender...

---
Sheet and history, done. Image is in the sheet.

Zaer Darkwail

Cannot see the image in the sheet Changingsaint. Relikai, I cannot see your mythweaver sheet (have you put it on private viewing only?).

Landshark

Knocking together a CS right now. Quick few questions....
The bonus Skills under houses is ONLY if your a noble?
Will there be dice rolling in the game? Just curious as to how systemy its gonna be?

Zaer Darkwail

The bonus skill/profiency comes when your noble (background wise) from said house. Bannermen get the same bonus profiency as one profincies which they get via background. Where as noble from great house gets three profiency (two standard skill profiency being noble + house specific). Rolling will be involved and you do need completed charsheets.

Landshark

Also i know this was asked above but please clearify... When buying magical weapons or armor is it a set 1500gp regardless or is it just 1500 for rare weapons and armor. So would a +1 sword (uncommon) be 500gp or 1500gp?

Lyku

Rare weapons and armor are 1500.  A +1 weapon or shield is an uncommon magical item and would cost 500.  A +1 piece of armor is rare and would cost 1500g.  Likewise, a +2 weapon or shield is a rare magic item and would cost 1500 g
Every great dream begins with a dreamer.  Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.  – Harriet Tubman

Zaer Darkwail

Yeah, Lyku got it right. 1,500 price tag for rare armor or weapon. The +1 armor is rare quality item (so thus more valued than weapon by default) and +2 weapon is rare quality. +1 weapon is uncommon and adamantine (or mithril) armor is uncommon (but has no +1 bonus). Also you can choose is weapon made from silver or not when picking it as +1 or +2 weapon.

Landshark

Ok i think we have a character ready.
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Name: Halaster Mahngda
Race: Half Orc   Sex: Male   Ht/Wt: 5’10/160
Class: Ranger(Unearthed Arcana variant)   Lv: 6
Hp: 58   AC:14/15   Prof. Bonus: +3   Background: Sailor (Pirate)
Faith: The Drowned God

Str: 16 (+3)
   Athletics
Dex: 10 (+0)
   Stealth
Con: 16 (+3)
Int: 10 (+0)
   Nature
Wis: 12 (+1)
   Insight
   Perception
   Survival
Cha: 11 (+0)
   Intimidation
Proficiencies:
   Armor: Light armor, Medium armor, Shields
   Weapons: Simple Weapons, Martial weapons
   Tools: Navigators tools, vehicles (water)
   Saving Throws: Strength, Dexterity
   Languages: Common, Orc
Racial Features:
   Darkvision: 60ft.
   Menacing: Gain intimidation skill
   Relentless Endurance: When dropped to 0 hp but not killed, you can drop to 1 hp instead. Usable 1x/ short or long rest.
   Savage Attacks: When you score a critical hit with a melee weapon, you can roll one of the weapons dice an extra time and add it to the damage.

Feats:
   Dual Wielder:
• You gain a +1 bonus to AC while you are wielding a
separate melee weapon in each hand.
• You can use two-weapon fighting even when the one-handed
melee weapons you are wielding aren’t light.
• You can draw or stow two one-handed weapons when
you would normally be able to draw or stow only one.

Background Feature:
   Bad Reputation
No matter where you go, people are afraid of you due to your reputation. When you are in a civilized settlement, you can get away with minor criminal offenses, such as refusing to pay for food at a tavern or breaking down doors at a local shop, since most people will not report your activity to the authorities.

Class Features:
   Combat Superiority
At 2nd level, you learn maneuvers that are fueled by special dice called superiority dice.
   Maneuvers: You learn two maneuvers of your choice, which are chosen from the list of maneuvers available to fighters with the Battle Master archetype. You can use only one maneuver per attack. You learn one additional maneuver of your choice at 5th, 9th, 13th, and 17th levels. Each time you learn a new maneuver, you can also replace one maneuver you know with a different one. Superiority Dice. You have four superiority dice, which are d8s. A superiority die is expended when you use it. You regain all of your expended superiority dice when you finish a short or long rest. You gain another superiority die at 9th level and one more at 17th level. Saving Throws. Some of your maneuvers require your target to make a saving throw to resist the maneuver’s effects. The saving throw DC is calculated as follows: Maneuver save DC = 14
List of chosen maneuvers:
   Disarming Attack. When you hit a creature with a weapon attack, you can expend one superiority die to attempt to disarm the target, forcing it to drop one item of your choice that it’s holding. You add the superiority die to the attack’s damage roll, and the target must make a Strength saving throw. On a failed save, it drops the object you choose. The object lands at its feet.
   Menacing Attack. When you hit a creature with a weapon attack, you can expend one superiority die to attempt to frighten the target. You add the superiority die to the attack’s damage roll, and the target must make a Wisdom saving throw. On a failed save, it is frightened o f you until the end of your next turn.

Poultices
At 3rd level, you can create special herbal poultices that have healing power comparable to some potions. You can spend 1 hour gathering herbs and preparing herbal poultices using treated bandages to create a number of such poultices equal to your Wisdom modifier (minimum 1). You can carry a number of poultices at one time equal to your Wisdom modifier (minimum 1). The poultices you create cannot be applied by anyone but you. After 24 hours, any poultices that you have not used lose their potency. If you spend 1 minute applying one of your poultices to a wounded humanoid creature, thereby expending its use, that creature regains 1d6 hit points for every two ranger levels you have (rounded up).

Ranger Archetype (Hunter)

Horde Breaker. Once on each of your turns when you make a weapon attack, you can make another attack with the same weapon against a different creature that is within 5 feet of the original target and within range of your weapon.

Equipment:
Explorer’s pack
Backpack:
   Iron spikes (10), Chalk (4), candles (2), fishing tackle, grappling hook, manacles(2), sack (3), waterskin (ale) , 50ft silk rope
Riding horse (saddle, saddlebags, bit and bridle.) 
Breastplate (ac 14)
Weapons:
   +1 Silver Warhammer:   Att bonus: +7   Damage: 1d8+4/1d10+4
   Battleaxe:      Att bonus: +6   Damage: 1d8+3/1d10+3
   Crossbow,hand      Att bonus: +3   Damage: 1d8
Cloak of the Manta Ray: Water breathing and swim speed of 60ft.

Coin:
   Gold: 200    Silver: 192    Copper: 51

Background:
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Halaster had your typical Ironborn upbringing. He was the son of a sailor, which meant he would be a sailor. From the time he was old enough to grip a haft he was trained in weapons. During the rare times he wasn't in training with weapons, seamanship or scrounging for whatever he could find, his mother taught him the wilds of their isle and the herbs of the land. When he turned 14 his father took him on his first raid. He was left to guard the landing boats but it was still a big day. Just a year later he was taken along with the warriors where he took his first life, making him a man. His father was a better sailor than a warrior and fell a year later. Halaster had earned his place on a ship under a bold captain, too bold. Just after his 20th birthday they set upon the mainland hoping to catch a caravan headed north. What they found instead was a heavily armed contingent. The ensuing battle was valiant but short. Halaster could see they didn't stand a chance and as he and a few others turned to escape to the boats they could hear the screams of their rear guard being chopped down by the armored cavalry. The handful of survivors scattered in all directions, Halaster never saw them again. Now marooned on the mainland he had to make his way as best he could. Ditching his house seals and blatant Ironborn gear, he assumed the roll of a mercenary. One day he will return home but until then he will learn all he can of the ways of the mainland and take what he can in return for what was lost.

Zaer Darkwail

Halaster looks very nice :). So far I have got enough applicants to start OOC at the weekend and the IC also. I start formulate idea how you meet each other (or how wound up together) at King's Landing.

Revelation

Weekend sounds great! Assuming my character is ready, I'll be good to go!

Relikai

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Changingsaint on June 08, 2016, 06:32:15 PM
Weekend sounds great! Assuming my character is ready, I'll be good to go!

He is ready to go :).

Quote from: Relikai on June 08, 2016, 07:00:16 PM
Should be non-private now.

Nice, she looks ready to go as well :)

Lyku

Character should be completed with picture and background.
Every great dream begins with a dreamer.  Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.  – Harriet Tubman

RubySlippers

Any room for an elf rogue whose an acrobatic burglar, seems to me no one is focusing on stealing properly for a living?

Lyku

Stealing is more of a hobby... er... I mean.... umm.... stealing is bad?

Landshark

Its not stealing if they are too scared to report it  >:)

Zaer Darkwail

Yeah, if King Geofrey would steal sweet roll from a tavern, the innkeeper would not report the theft and be rather view it as honor that king came to take sweet roll from his tavern! Where as Geofrey the homeless would not be let in the tavern at all and if somehow steal sweet roll he would be beaten to death.

RubySlippers

I was planning on making her a black sheep of a noble family, but she would not steal sweet roles but things of value which would also be a challenge like a family sword of a high placed noble just to prove she could take it. But a question can I take background variants in your game like for noble the Waterhavian Noble (well would be rather a major family say in Westeros but would do the same variant thing) for the different benefit from that one if I wish?

Zaer Darkwail

I need link or direct quote how Waterhavian Noble differs from regular noble. However if your not from great house (as noble) you can be from other lesser noble houses as there are dozens lesser noble houses in Westeros and thus I do not mind variants (so long I know what is replaced and by what). What comes to stealing; you would not be black sheep but outright either killed or exiled from your house of origin if caught. If not caught, then everything is fine. However stealing a family sword, which is always a magical sword (usually a +2 one with unique properties but some can be +1 weapons with specific history) are heavily guarded in vaults or in hands of owners you do not want make enemies with (the later ones are the clearly only sensible targets for theft compared to sneaking to magic warded vaults). There is difference in stealing trinkets (uncommon magic items or expensive piece of jewelry) and with stealing rare class magical artifacts.

As usual manner how thefts done by house x towards other noble house has always resulted your own house massacred on the spot (either in public warfare or outright assassination like in Red Wedding event sort style) or your own house executing you to preserve themselves (or secretly kill and then return item to owners discreet manner and earn favor for 'finding item and punish the thief' so to speak). So theft is okay but going after rare magical artifacts is something what only very suicidal thrillseeker would do (if doing it on whim than by careful laid plan that is). You could snatch some noble's favorite ring or goblet and it causes less fuss than centuries old magic item in house possession.

Anyways, besides confirmation above in regards item thefts in Westeros nobility (and just confirm would Ruby want run a char which runs risk being horribly murdered or assassinated if caught or worse) here is link for OOC Thread for this game! I open actual IC thread on saturday or sunday. Anycase players who had got completed (or almost) their charsheets feel free post in OOC and post to charsheet thread their chars. Also makes for me easier to see who all are in for this game (as some people posts charsheets and then do not show up at all and this recruitment has been up +2 weeks). So those who post to charsheet I do count to be in for actual IC thread which comes out at late saturday or early sunday.

Relikai

Credits to Changingsaint, who sportingly allowed our characters to have an acquaintance before meeting up with the rest of the party!

Lyku

The key is to steal such a family heirloom and successful plant it on another house and leave a "careless" trail to guide those who were robbed.

Zaer Darkwail

Yeah, that is one way how to go about it if you want ruin other house reputation or send serious wrench of trouble at them.

Lyku

When a house is going through Hell and getting executed for treacherous ways, they don't notice their own vaults as tightly.

Zaer Darkwail

Indeed, anycase IC thread had been opened up now! So please go post at OOC and also post completed charsheets at charsheet thread. You can post in IC thread also and place yourself at King's Landing if got good idea for scene or opening post. I then navigate/shuffle things so party gets together (or meets and starts cooperate somereason or other).