Dragon Hunters

Started by Crowe, November 04, 2011, 07:26:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FazzEagle

"Honestly I expected my... 'companions' to be bigger," Goraidh said, sizing up both of them, "... and far less feminine. Or perhaps a funny Dwarf or two wouldn't hurt." However, his expression soon returns back to his usual frown, nodding  to what Eira had said about the possibility of a Dragon's presence within the ship. "So you say... If that is actually true, then this ship is at risk. And with all the innocent people on board... I'd rather avoid seeing needless bloodshed." He then turned full attention to Eira for the time being. "I suggest not causing a panic on the ship if possible... we're not sure whether or not this has an actual Dragon involved just yet. I... might have an idea where it could be though. I... remember hearing something not far from my room here. Perhaps it's best we investigate there. I shall lead the way." He once again stood on both his feet before the tall human made his way out of his room, but not before entering for a few moments to point at the two females. "And don't touch any of my belongings!"

Not only was he snobbish and arrogant... apparently he's distrustful as well.

Crowe

Eira

"Ours is not to question why they picked us. Only to complete the mission given." Eira got out of his way as Raid walked out of the room. She intended to follow, and then he popped back him, his attitude once again annoying her. Still, he had a point. It would be really inconvenient to cause an uproar in an overcrowded ship.

Before he disappeared again, she grabbed his arm firmly. "There is magic involved. We must use caution." She warned before loosening her grip. Then she nodded to Carnelle to follow.

MiaKage

"wait...here?!" Hoping off her bag, her attitude becomes more serious. "Are you sure?" her eyes dart between the two, they seem to know whats going on far more than she, making her feel a little useless. She reaches into her bag and pulls out a leather breastplate, which she fits onto herself, and pulls out a handfull of daggers, sliding them into sheaths and pockets unseen as they walk along. she grumbles to herself about hoping for a nice relaxing voyage.
On/Off
A scorpion and a frog meet on the bank of a stream and the scorpion asks the frog to carry him across on its back because the scorpion cannot swim. The frog asks, "How do I know you won't sting me?" The scorpion says, "Because if I do, I will die too."
The frog is satisfied, and they set out, but in midstream, the scorpion stings the frog. The frog feels the onset of paralysis and starts to sink, knowing they both will drown, but has just enough time to gasp "Why?"
The scorpion replies: "But, little frog, I can swim."

FazzEagle

"What...? Magic... as in Mages? Are you saying that we might be dealing with Apostates? That... would explain the Templars being here. This is sounding easier by the second." Of course, that last statement was said in obvious sarcasm. "But you're right. We don't want to face Magic head-on, especially not in a closed space." His eyes caught the sight of Cirnelle fitting into her armor and equipping herself with a pair of daggers, but there was a slightly irritated look on his face when he saw it. "See now... if you had worn all that to begin with, I wouldn't have mistook you for one of the crewmen here-- bah, forget it." He waved her off before continuing his way out of the room, leading them through the hallway that he and Cirnelle walked through earlier.

Crowe

Eira

"Yes, I saw a Mage and two Reavers also. Though whether he's an apostate or not is yet to be seen. They seemed to have some sort of temporary arrangement with the Templars." She confirmed his statement. "There could be more I didn't see." She could tell there was tension in the atmosphere. Some of the crew were acting nervously, as if they suspected something and didn't want to get caught up.

As they neared a corner, she slowed down. "They spoke of a magic seal or barrier. That's what we should look for." She told them.

MiaKage

"Magical barrier huh? so we're looking for an invisible wall? or swirly...orb thing?" Cirnelle never had much experience involving magic. She stayed toward the back of the group, her movements not making a sound. She kept an eye behind them in case someone would happen to wonder up on them or to check if they were being followed.
On/Off
A scorpion and a frog meet on the bank of a stream and the scorpion asks the frog to carry him across on its back because the scorpion cannot swim. The frog asks, "How do I know you won't sting me?" The scorpion says, "Because if I do, I will die too."
The frog is satisfied, and they set out, but in midstream, the scorpion stings the frog. The frog feels the onset of paralysis and starts to sink, knowing they both will drown, but has just enough time to gasp "Why?"

FazzEagle

"Reavers?! Damn it... Instead of what could be Apostates, we might be dealing with something even worse." His fingers tighten into a fist, eyes facing away from the others... but nevertheless he soon moved on. "There is no way a Templar would work alongside Blood Mages... They'd sooner cut off their bloody heads than try and hold a conversation. And I can't say for sure, elf... With Mages, anything is possible. How I hate them so..." He led them to a few rooms away from where Raid sensed it earlier, and with a silent gesture of his hand, he told Cirnelle and Eira that the room would be somewhere up ahead. "Now exactly... how do we plan on confronting them? Do we just knock on their doors and go 'we''re here to stop you'?"

Crowe

Eira

Eira kept quiet while Raid went on and on about Mages. Whatever the reasoning behind his words were, it wasn't her place to discuss it. Still, it wasn't a pleasant topic she would discuss freely even if they were lounging in a warm cabin.

When they stopped, they could see the door with a magical aura around it. "That must be it." She looked around and saw some sort of vent or shaft. "Cirnelle, can you fit through there?" She asked in a hushed tone.

MiaKage

"hmm...shouldn't be a problem. are you suggesting I ambush? or just be sneaky sneaky and listen in?" She took a knife out of it's sheath, making sure she had it ready in case she had to use it while stuck in the confined space. "Also...uh...i've never fought a Mage before, if we do get into a scrap, is there anything I should be watching out for? besides being burned or exploded?" Trying to add a little light heartedness to the situation.
On/Off

Crowe

Eira

Eira weighted her options. There was something she could do, but decided against it. Still, they had to know what was going on behind that door.

"Just look, listen, and report back. If something happens, the two of us will make a distraction while you get away. I hope you're as fast as you look." She said that with complete seriousness.

She then turned to Raid. "If a confrontation can't be avoided, let me handle the Mage." She said, again, in a hushed tone while gripping her sword in anticipation.

FazzEagle

"Do not underestimate me just because I am a swordsman," Goraidh said, pressing his back against the wall, "I... have dealt with Mages before. I will lend my blade if necessary." Then, he turned his attention to Cirnelle. "Well, what are you waiting for? Go and see what they're up to. But like this one said: DON'T attempt to confront them on your own."

MiaKage

Giving a quick nod, Cirnelle squeezed into the vent. It was a bit more of a maze than she thought it would be, but luckily they were close by and she hadn't had to navigate the labyrinth. She made it to the room where the mages were gathered easy enough, and could hear them clearly, although she really didn't understand a thing they were talking about. The sudden realization hit her, how was she going to get back out? She didn't have enough room to turn, and because of her armor it was just about impossible for her to make her way backwards. If she didn't think of something fast, she'd have break up the little show, and make a run for it.
On/Off

Crowe

Eira

Eira looked into Raid's eyes and nodded after seeing the conviction written in them. "Have you any experience against Reavers?" She asked while they waited for Cirnelle. "I've never had to do battle against them with such a small group." She was a little anxious. Part of her wanted to bust in there and just get it over with before the Templars caught wind of what was going on. But on a ship, there is no escape.

~
Inside, two Mages sat, back to back, probably concentrating to keep the barrier up. They were accompannied by three Reavers and there were two large cages covered with a dark mantle. A deep grumble could be heard coming from the cages.

"Can we manage through the night without the beasts making noise?" One Reaver asked the other.

"They're properly fed. They'll be fine." Came the reply.

"This operation better be worth it is all I have to say." Said the third.

FazzEagle

Raid's mouth fall silent when she asked that question, and only when he looked away from her did he only say: "... you have no idea. Let's just say that they're dangerous if you don't handle them well. Here's an advice though... Don't -ever- leave a Blood Mage on the verge of death. If you must fight one... always aim to kill them." And just like that, he kept his eyes on the door, wondering what was actually going on in there. He could take a peek himself, but given his size, he had the most risk of revealing them. "That elf better know what she's doing..."

MiaKage

It wasn't the easiest thing to do, but Cirnelle was able to wriggle her way out of her leather armor, which seems to have caught itself on something. She grumbled to herself trying to get it unstuck, but it was really hooked onto something. Grabbing a second of her daggers, she decided it best to leave it for now, she'll be able to come back for it later. Clambering out of the vent backwards, now without her armor,  she stretched and sheathed her blades before reporting what she had heard. "They are up to something. I'm not sure what the barrier is for...but they said something about a beast being on bored." She paused for a second, "Whatever it is, one of the reavers were concerned that it might make noise at some point, it has to be something large."
On/Off

Crowe

Eira

Eira stood up straight when Cirnelle reemerged from the vent. The girl was missing her armor, but seemed fine otherwise. As she listened to the elf, she grew concerned. "It can't be a full fleged dragon. Maybe Drakes? They could be smuggling them." She wondered. "I've heard srumors of people buying Drakes as pets, mostly Orlesians. They keep them to brag to their noble friends as a way of showing them up." She couldn't help but say the word 'noble' with certain scorn.

"Well, what do we do now? These Drakes aren't part of the mission." She looked back and forth her two new companions.

FazzEagle

"So this is something for a noble, is it...?" Goraidh asked, pondering over it, "Indeed... Only Nobles would be able to afford keeping a Drake as a pet. But noble or not, what they're doing is dangerous and it risks the life of many. Those bloody Blood Mages need to be stopped right here and now - they are not allowed to roam free." There was cruelty in his tone as he said that, especially around the mention of 'Blood Mages'. "The Cadwyn family would never allow such activities to go unpunished!"

Crowe

Eira

Eira quietly listened to him talk without saying a word. Could this man have been a Templar before? It was true that the Dragon Hunters were chosen for their skill, and came from all sorts of backgrounds. But his apparent hatred for Mages could blind him to trickery, and then all of them would pay the price. She had to be careful around the subject. "Well, those Blood Mages are probably being watched by the Templars. But like us, they can't do anything without endangering the passengers." She said, hoping to get him to think things through.

"Once we dock in Jader in the morning, we'll take care of the Drakes, and let the Templars do what they do with the Mages. I think it's the best solution to this situation." She looked at Cirnelle, hoping for her approval. "Do you agree?"

FazzEagle

However, the swordsman was quick to grab Eira by the shoulder, forcing her to turn facing him once again. "And what? Risking the safety of others through out this whole voyage? Who knows how long it will be before we reach our destination, and we're not exactly certain what the real motive behind this is. If you ask me, EIRA, anything involving Blood Mages is a danger in itself. Apostates is one thing, but to carelessly let Blood Mages stay alive in a place filled with innocent people?" He gave a light push on her shoulder, letting her go. "What if... What if they have something else in mind planned with Drakes? Something - I don't know - something diabolical. I suggest we take care of those Blood Mages when we still have the chance." Then, he too looked over to Cirnelle. "Do you agree with me, elf?!"

Crowe

Eira

Eira gripped his hand and frowned as he held her shoulder until he let her go with a push. "That's the Templars' job! If we cause a fight and those Mages set the ship on fire, we will be the ones responsible for endangering innocent lives!" She argued, losing her calm, not noticing that their bickering could attract unwanted attention. Then she looked at him straight in the eye. "We don't even know if they are Blood Mages. All they're doing is setting up a barrier. I doubt they'd want to give the Templars a reason to stop their operation." As she said this, a few voices could be heard near the stairs. It seemed like someone was coming.

FazzEagle

"You said it yourself that you saw two Reavers in there!" Goraidh said, pointing at the door, "One is bad enough but two---" However, upon hearing the voices coming from the nearby stairs, he silenced himself, his knees arching forward. "God damn... someone's coming." He looked around before pointing to an opened cabin door about two rooms away from the one they focused on. "Quick, we'll hide in there." Knowing that if it was an enemy, it'd be trouble if they were forced to fight in a narrow space. Reaching the empty cabin, he quickly motioned his hand towards his two companions. "Hurry...!" He kept his voice in whispers, but loud enough for the two to hear.

MiaKage

The bickering between her two companions started to make Cirnelle's head spin. On one hand it wasn't their job to deal with drakes, or mages as far as she knew. On the other, however, If they were blood mages, it would be dangerous to let them continue their operation, she's heard stories of what they've done, and she didn't like it. The only words she could mutter however were "uh...um..." between the breaks in the argument. Suddenly voices from the stairs caught her attention, like it had with the others. The argument left her a little frazzled, and made it hard to think on her own, if it wasn't for Goraidh, she would of stood in the hall confused. She followed him into the cabin as he moved, still trying to wrap her mind around what was happening.
On/Off

Crowe

Eira

Eira followed her companions and ducked inside a room further down the hall. She gripped her pouch in preparation; her Katana would be useless in such a cramped space. "That's...not a Reaver." She said when she caught a glimpse of the person who came down the stairs followed by a crewman. It looked to be a merchant of some sort.

~

"I told you to keep those Templars busy. They're asking a lot of questions!" The man told the crewman.

"Don't worry, they're busy enough guarding that Mother. And if they ask too many questions, hehe, we'll just have a little accident happen by chance." The one-eyed crewman replied with an evil grin.

"Good enough...for now." Said the merchant. Then they exchanged some coins and the crewman went upstairs while the merchant propped a chair in front of the barred door and sat on it.

~

"Damn, he'll notice us if we leave the room." Eira cursed.

FazzEagle

Raid stayed silent to listen in on the conversation between the merchant and the crewman, and watched as the man took a seat in front of the barred door - it appeared that this one was involved with whatever was going on around here. As the Crewmen left, Raid turned to face his companions again, especially Eira. "'Let the Templars do what they do with the Mages. I think it's the best solution to this situation,'" Goraidh said, apparently mocking what Eira said earlier, "Did you hear what that crewman just said? 'Accident'...! And not to mention a Mother is here on board this ship as well. Something tells me that the Templars don't know 'everything' about what's going on here." Then, he peeked outside for a little, his eye looking towards the merchant sitting down in front of the door. "... but I do know who might."

Crowe

Eira

All Eira could do was to respond with a slight scowl at his remark. The more they knew about this smuggling operation, the harder it was to make a choice. This mission was truly testing her. "That man will shout the second he sees one of us coming." She said, looking over Raid's shoulder at the merchant. "But I have something that might help." She said, holding up a vial with a purple liquid inside.