AOL and Elliquiy

Started by King_Furby, November 10, 2008, 10:33:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

King_Furby

I see the notice about how aol is blocking the e-mail notifications but i am getting another error.

When i try to go into the forums i keep security alerts and this wierd certificate notification. it happens everytime i click on a link on elliquiy. Like when i click on post, when i click on a thread. literally everything. I can still get on and i haven't tried it on IE yet. But just wanted to ask is there any way to fix this on my end.

thanks people

oh here is the cretificate notification
The security certificate presented by this website was not issued by a trusted certificate authority.

Security certificate problems may indicate an attempt to fool you or intercept any data you send to the server.

I can go to the site but my computer tells me it's not recomeneded. its so anoying. is Elliquiys new server trying to steal my info now lol. jokeing

Lady Annabelle

I was about to mentions this, but I am getting the same message and I am using the newest version of IE.  (I think)

If you go deeper into the warning, I get this...

"This CA Root certificate is not trusted because it is not in the Trust Root Certification Authorities store."
All About Me  Where Am I?  Pixi's Twin  Miss Marguerite's Wife **True Girl Gamer**

"If all else perished, and he remained, I should still continue to be; But if all else remained, and he were annihilated, the universe would turn to a mighty stranger: I should not seem a part of it." ~ Emily Bronte

"My heart beat so hard when I was near him, I feared he could hear my secret longing for him." ~ Destiny Vaestus

King_Furby

I assumed it was a AOL error, but then i discovered it was IE as well. AOL has a tendency to be well..different. So i am glad its not just me and not just AOL.

Thanks yea it does say that too. i am glad at least i can still post, though anoying to do so.

Vekseid

You can add the ca to your browser's trusted zone by going here:

http://www.startssl.com/certs/ca.cer

King_Furby

Vekseid

I'm going to disable it until I work out the quirks with the rest of the site, and after I work out the quirks with it >_>

Lady Annabelle

I no longer have any issue.  I could still move around the site, so it wasn't hindering anything.  However, like King_Fruby mention, it was just really annoying.  Also, I'm at work, so I was a bit scared of it.

But, it has disappeared, so thank you very much, Sir Vekseid.  I am very appreciative of your hard work.
All About Me  Where Am I?  Pixi's Twin  Miss Marguerite's Wife **True Girl Gamer**

"If all else perished, and he remained, I should still continue to be; But if all else remained, and he were annihilated, the universe would turn to a mighty stranger: I should not seem a part of it." ~ Emily Bronte

"My heart beat so hard when I was near him, I feared he could hear my secret longing for him." ~ Destiny Vaestus