Started by Aysleen, February 19, 2009, 09:36:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aysleen

I see where I can create labels and folders in my message center, but is there any way I can move a message to a different folder, and remove it from the inbox?  When I try, as soon as I delete the message in the inbox, it also deletes the one in the other folder :P
Ons and Offs
* I can't explain myself, I'm afraid, Sir, because I'm not myself you see.
*We're all mad here.
* If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is,
because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be.
And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?
*Curiouser and curiouser.

Trieste

You can remove the 'inbox' label from your messages. It will appear in all folders with which it is labeled, so removing the inbox label is necessary for it not to show up in your inbox.

Aysleen

OHhh!!! Tricky! lol
Thanks so much Trieste!!! *smooch*
Ons and Offs
*We're all mad here.
* If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is,
because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be.

Trieste

HymenBreacher

Quote from: Trieste on February 19, 2009, 09:55:53 PM
You can remove the 'inbox' label from your messages. It will appear in all folders with which it is labeled, so removing the inbox label is necessary for it not to show up in your inbox.

Hiyas.

I have a question about that too.  I'm not sure exactly what you meant by "removing the inbox label".  I have the default InBox and OutBox of course.  But the only "labels" I have are the ones I created.  You aren't saying to delete the actual InBox right?  If so, would I lose everything in the InBox?

Essentially what I want to do is to create a Label for each person that I PM with, and have their own messages automatically routed to their own section without it all lumping into the InBox, which is a mess at the moment just 3 days into this lol.

Thanks if you can clarify.

And why do so many people have these hot avatars that are sooooo distracting??

Caeli

If you've labeled your message with another label already, at the bottom right corner of each message should be a drop-down menu; you can either attach a label, or remove  two labels: Inbox, and the label you applied to it.
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

HymenBreacher

Ohhh tricksie hobbitssess.  Thanks, got it! :)

Trieste

Quote from: HymenBreacher on February 24, 2009, 03:21:06 PM
And why do so many people have these hot avatars that are sooooo distracting??

Specifically to bother you. <3

Ariabella

I didn't even realize we had labels! Of course, I just noticed the prune threads link as well. A nifty little help for me.
Read my ons/offs. Want to one-on-one? PM with ideas

Ons and Offs: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=42859.0

http://rh.greydawn.net/browse.php?c=Ariabella

Aysleen

Prune thread links???
Ons and Offs
*We're all mad here.

Ariabella

right below labels and manage labels...it says prune threads. It lets you clear out the entire thing. Or it did me, but bear in mind, I had no labels. It might ask about which labels.
Read my ons/offs. Want to one-on-one? PM with ideas

Ons and Offs: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=42859.0

http://rh.greydawn.net/browse.php?c=Ariabella

HymenBreacher

After experimenting a bit, I'm finding that there isn't really a way to automatically route messages to the proper Label based on who the sender is?  Can someone please confirm this?  I'm finding that I have to manually move them, then delete them from the main InBox.  If someone knows how to automate this I'm willing to give out some free cookies.  Otherwise I'll need a personal secretary if there is a volunteer, strict dress codes apply. :D

ps : Is there a limit to the number of Labels one can have?

Caeli

I do not believe there is an automatic system for filtering messages directly into labels.
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

Chevalier des Poissons

Don't kill me for that, but I will use this thread to ask you something:

Will you marry me?

(j/k, my question is: Is there a limit for PMs we receive?)
-I have Maro's heart, and I promise to take good care of it-

A & A

Maeven

Quote from: The Shambler on February 24, 2009, 09:56:38 PM

(j/k, my question is: Is there a limit for PMs we receive?)

No, there isn't.
What a wicked game to play, to make me feel this way.
What a wicked thing to do, to let me dream of you.
What a wicked thing to say, you never felt this way.
What a wicked thing to do, to make me dream of you. 

The Cardinal Rule

Chevalier des Poissons

Quote from: Maeven on February 24, 2009, 10:01:49 PM
No, there isn't.

Thanks! :3 This is fantastic, I wonder how they got to do this.

Anyway, thanks for the attention and sorry for the intervention.
-I have Maro's heart, and I promise to take good care of it-

A & A

HymenBreacher

Aysleen

Quote from: Cindy1 on February 24, 2009, 04:44:23 PM
right below labels and manage labels...it says prune threads. It lets you clear out the entire thing. Or it did me, but bear in mind, I had no labels. It might ask about which labels.

Oh...yea...I do have that but I was looking for something to 'prune threads'.  Like all the threads I've ever posted in, even once, if they're active they show up every time I click on 'Show New Replies To Your Posts', even if I no longer care about the posts :P
Ons and Offs
*We're all mad here.

Greenthorn

Quote from: Aysleen on February 25, 2009, 01:25:14 AM
Oh...yea...I do have that but I was looking for something to 'prune threads'.  Like all the threads I've ever posted in, even once, if they're active they show up every time I click on 'Show New Replies To Your Posts', even if I no longer care about the posts :P

Not possible yet as far as I know.  I've asked about this a few times :)

Trieste

You'll probably get it roundabout the time I get my goddamn search function back. >.>

Greenthorn

Quote from: Trieste on February 26, 2009, 11:18:25 AM
You'll probably get it roundabout the time I get my goddamn search function back. >.>

Trieste!

*hugs*

No being angry at the site...it's having a midsite crisis...it will pass...we need to be supportive!!

*pets the website*

Nadir

I have a message question - is there a way for us to see if the messages we send out to people have been read?

Greenthorn

Nadir

Ah, thought not. I saw someone claiming they could somewhere and wondered how. Someone was fibbing.  :P

Greenthorn

Quote from: Eden on February 26, 2009, 12:19:17 PM
Ah, thought not. I saw someone claiming they could somewhere and wondered how. Someone was fibbing.  :P

Unless they created some kind of script on their own...*shrugs*