News:

Main Menu

Vamp Lamp

Started by Spookie Monster, October 09, 2009, 05:34:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spookie Monster

Lamp Runs on Human Blood

What if, every time you wanted to switch on a light, you had to bleed?  Would you think twice before illuminating the room, and in turn, using up energy?

'Blood lamp'?  'Blood lamp'?  I've taken the liberty of renaming it.  I should totally be in marketing!

Enjoy!

Spel

We'll prick you...
Like Elliquiy?
My ONs and OFFs
~ R.I.P., Cam ~ ~ R.I.P., Judi ~ ~ R.I.P., Steph ~

NSEMinion

I don't believe I'd ever turn the light off.

SleepyWei

If that lamp was more than just a one-time thing, I'd be willing to buy it. But since it's not a repeatable use, I think it'll be an ultimate waste of money.

Oniya

Quote from: NSEMinion on October 09, 2009, 02:30:54 PM
I don't believe I'd ever turn the light off.

The chemical reaction that creates the light eventually stops.  You wouldn't have the choice of 'leaving it on'.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

September

I'd use the blood of my enemies.
Some of my ons.

Trieste

I love Luminol.

<3 <3 <3

Spookie Monster

Thanks for the replies, everyone!  I'm glad that you found it interesting.  Perhaps next time we'll be able to talk about a vibrator that's fueled by semen!

Spel

I wish you well...
Like Elliquiy?
My ONs and OFFs

Sabby

Thank you Spel, for taking the Pepsi I was so enjoying and spraying it over my monitor.

Rhapsody

I could think of a half a dozen other ways to get blood into the Luminol solution rather than shattering glass all over the floor and slashing your skin open. 

Good for the masochistic set though, I guess. 
|| Games I Play||
Not Available for RP
|| O&O || Requests ||  A&A ||
Current Posting Speed: 1-2 times per week

Come to me, just in a dream. Come on and rescue me.
Yes, I know. I can be wrong. Maybe I'm too headstrong.

Lamia Amorist

sweet, totally twisted.... :-)

I have to say, I think I would live by candle light, how romantic! And green!

Leala Magnus

I would use the blood from my enemies to power it if I were to buy one, but I think that I'd live by a different source of light, less messy

Spookie Monster

Quote from: Sabby on November 02, 2009, 07:31:51 AMThank you Spel, for taking the Pepsi I was so enjoying and spraying it over my monitor.
Sorry about that, but take heart: In the future, spit-takes will also be used to power vibrators.  In fact, everything will be used to power vibrators.  Or maybe that was a dream that I had once...

By the way, given the rather lukewarm reception of the lamp here and elsewhere, I'm surprised that this hasn't been brought up more often: Isn't there... er... another specific bodily product that Luminol reacts to?

Spel

Please bear me no ill, Luminol...
Like Elliquiy?
My ONs and OFFs

Oniya

Luminol will also give false positives in the presence of certain cleaning products, but simple UV light is all that's required to cause most other bodily fluids to fluoresce.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!

Ignaddio

Quote"It kind of triggered this thought in my mind, that if energy somehow came at a cost to us, then maybe it would make us think differently about the way we use it,"

Not to be a killjoy, but light does come at a cost to us. Usually, that cost is money.
Vidi, Vici, Veni*I sang, too.
 Like the Avatar? I drew it myself.

Drake Valentine

Whaaaaaaaaaaat?

o_O

The question is, would it really sell? I mean, come on.. How can you really market this? "Yes, this one purpose lamp use, but wait, there is more, for it to work you need blood!" That is a bit creepy and unsettling in a way, wouldn't you think? I would love to see merchandisers trying to pull this one off and general media as well.

Cause we know how society is this days, there may be the lynching and the torches and the general witch burning.

"When I'm Done With You, You'll Be a:
Raped, Bloody, And Humiliated, Little Alice in Wonderland."

Introduction | O&Os | O&Os2 | IM RP Request(Canceled 04/11/2010) | A&As(Updated 10/29/13) | Solo RP Request (Updated 09/20/14)
Pale Eclipse - Group Game Project{Paused} 

September

Quote from: Ignaddio Grijalva on November 26, 2009, 09:06:25 PM
Not to be a killjoy, but light does come at a cost to us. Usually, that cost is money.

You're very clever.
Some of my ons.

Spookie Monster

Quote from: Oniya on November 25, 2009, 08:12:33 AMLuminol will also give false positives in the presence of certain cleaning products, but simple UV light is all that's required to cause most other bodily fluids to fluoresce
Fair enough!  Having said that... well, maybe I'm wrong here, but I was under the impression that Luminol also generally reacted to feces.  And, let's be frank, there's plenty of that around (both literal and metaphorical).  Without the shedding of a single drop of blood the Vamp Lamp could run FOREVER...

Thanks for the continued replies, everyone!

Spel

It's only forever...
Like Elliquiy?
My ONs and OFFs

Remiel

QuoteFair enough!  Having said that... well, maybe I'm wrong here, but I was under the impression that Luminol also generally reacted to feces. 

Oh, if only that were the case.  We'd solve our energy problems and the cow-methane-destroying the ozone layer-thing all in one go.

Tachi

I don't think I'd use it unless I had to (blackout or something), but I'd get it just for the novelty of being able to say I have it.

Paladin

actually I could see it having use in survival situations. It dosn't take much blood to power the thing, so if you used unbreakable plastic, and a small knife, it could be made into a one use survival light.

Oniya

I'd rather use one of those Faraday induction coils (the flashlights that you shake up) with an LED.  Multi-use survival light with no bleeding. :)