New Earth 2047: In Character

Started by Josietta, December 11, 2012, 10:58:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josietta

New Earth 2047

It was the year of 2047 and the world had evolved enough for its first interspace travel. Zeus flight 692 was sent off from Earth for a first tour ever of the planets. It was to be a journey of unknown time and distance. Those who were invited were hand selected by a group of intellectuals and doctors who found the candidates worthy to make such a trek. They were to be a big part of human history and the first in the world as they know it to venture that far out into the cosmos.

No one had expected what happened next. There were malfunctions, the spacecraft encountered more trouble than was bargained for and it ends up crashing onto an unknown moon/planet that somehow is very much like Earth in atmosphere and plant life. The small two person crew on board ventured out to discover that this planet was very terran like and easily adaptable as a new Earth. It was an extraordinary scientific find and the possibilities were endless. This group of individuals had to figure out a way to communicate back to earth, repair their ship,  and find fuel for the ship, or just come to terms with this being their new Earth.

They had no idea what lay ahead. There could be different critters of deadly size and shape. They could be aggressive or pack oriented. Then again they could be their only source of food as well.  The plant life  had similiar qualities to that of earth but was there more to them? Was it left to chance that some of them may be intelligent enough to fight back the human that threatened their home?

Then there were the passengers. They had been on this journey for about three months now, but they still did not know each other well enough to know just who to trust and who to stay clear of. Maybe one or two of your fellow passengers have shady pasts and aren't to be trusted. Anything could happen.

If this is the future, This is the new Earth. What happens now is up to you.

Character Sheets and OOC

Character Listing

This thread is for IC only. Use OOC for discussions, comments, or questions.

❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖                    ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖
                                 O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 
                           Warning:  Finicky Muse Ahead!

Josietta

Captain Hannah Hartley
Zeus Flight 692
- Week Fourteen -
Day One on New Earth
~ Tagging: Wash ~

The landing had started rough but luckily for them all, the pilot was good at what he did and got them all relatively safe to ground. As they landed with a resounding scraping of the ships underbelly along the rough terrain, Captain Hartley informed them all to stay on the ship as she investigated the planet. After all it was her duty to be sure these people were safe to the best of her ability, even if some of the men were far stronger and durable than she might be. Even still, she was no pushover and had trained for events such as these, no matter if the Space Corps didn't believe it would ever come to fruition.

It could have been a bad wrap for them all at that moment as their oxygen levels in the ship were limited to a back up supply of thirty days with minimal use. If this planet proved to be deadly they all might be in dire straits with little to nothing left to save them. Through it all the ship's computer continued to communicate with the pilot and informed him that complete shutdown was in process, leaving only emergency backups active.

After slipping on her suit and helmet, Captain Hartley headed out of the ship with some basic equipment, leaving Wash in command during her absence. It didn't take more than half an hour of minor research using the atmospheric scanner to determine that the planet had a breathable air supply identical to Earth's best O2 levels. She seemed satisfied with that much and knew that if the air supply was decent then there was a likelihood that some plant-life may be usable for medicinal or nutritional value. She pulled off her helmet with a hiss and turned off her internal oxygen pumps that fed into the suit. If for some reason the scanner was malfunctioning, she'd find out soon enough as the planet's air supply entered her lungs in a deep felt sigh. Within those few minutes she spoke into her communicator back to the pilot, her voice filled with ease and a sense of relief.

"Capt Hartley here... we are in the clear, or rather it seems like we are. It looks clear. Send out the scientist first."

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

Miss Kathinja

Staring intently through thankfully unbroken corrective lenses, the middle-aged though striking woman stared over her equipment. Half of the syringes were broken; scalpels checked out; various chemicals if both solid and liquid SOMEHOW remained within intact containers; several other plastics were in decent shape. A brief sigh of relief as she brushed a lock of her dyed pink hair aside, not the most professional of appearances but who is going to tell their doctor she can't have pink hair? Continuing the inventory diagnostic was less pleasant.  Several graduates were shattered; one of the balances was missing pieces; there were only two good mortars and no pestles.  The one saving grace about the phamacy front was that the counting trays and spatulas survived.

A frown crossed the doctor's face as she considered the situation of the supplies.  The larger, tougher tools had survived, but measuring solids and liquids for field compounding was entirely out of the question. She had the tools needed for surgeries, but unless a leather-strap would cut it, there wasn't a good supply of anesthetic to last for a prolonged period. Still, the pre-fab medicines were at least alright, if in unfortunate disarray. Displeased with the situation, but lacking an immediate means to improve it, she turned to the rest of the 'crew'.  "Is anyone hurt?"

Illuminate

Space and time-- the illusion of time and space.. The traveling experience had actually gone rather smoothly until they hit turbulence and everyone was thrown back into their seats with a jolting force. The pilot had landed them safely, if not worse for wear, though Nadine's attention was now on what was 'out there'. Wherever they were, it was her responsibility to collect the data. Although they hadn't planned on touching down on any planets, now that they were here Nadine had a job description (and more or less; personality) to fill.

Disheveled to say the least, Nadine smoothed back chocolate tinted locks into a pony at the back of her head; securing it with the only elastic hairband she had around her wrist. It served as a dual purpose: An unexpected disguise for the small heart inked into her canvas of her wrist, and as a hair tie when needed… In such a time as this. Unbuckling from the chair, she stood, rising slowly as though something might be pulling her back down. Gravity. Fourteen weeks without it, and now she felt as though she suddenly had packed on a good hundred pounds. Hazel orbs scanned the scene, first to the passengers with an ocular assession, and then to the cargo hold where the doctor already was going through her items of consequence with a grim expression.

Satisfied that no one was in need of immediate assistance, she reached above her seat to the cubbyhole where she had her shoulder strap bag before they were suddenly unable to control the ship. A hand felt where the eyes couldn't see, but there was nothing. Panic flashed in her iridescent pools, though this was all and she simply took on a hurried importance. Where was it? Immediately, she began looking. Under seats, and in seats, by the ship's wall, and down the aisle of passengers until she spotted the splayed strap beneath a man's leg.

There you are… She thought to herself, bending beside the man to gather her belongings. She hadn't bothered to actually look upon the face of the one there, but upon accruing the item, a chin tilted upwards, and her gaze fell upon the face of Sargent Garrus.

"Oh, excuse me.. My bag fell and slid beneath you." She didn't want to blush, but it was there-- if ever so lightly, a shade of pink flourished up the column of flesh, and to her cheeks. "Are you okay? Are you hurt? Figuring that she should at least show some compassion and concern for the passengers of this flight… Even if she honestly struggled with those emotions.

The radio static broke through the system, the captain's voice soon thereafter; confirming the presence and safety of oxygen in the air here, and Nadine's ears perked. Great! That meant she--- Send out the scientist first Yes! Escape from the present potentially embarrassing moment. Using the arm of Garrus' chair for leverage, she stood hurriedly and turned halfway before pausing in thought, she turned her face upon him again. "The doctor… motioning to the back of the ship where the doctor currently was. "Will help you if you have any serious injuries." With that, she made her way to the exit, and down the ramp to the earth below, slinging her bag across her shoulders. "Hey.. What is the oxygen level, exactly?" Nadine asked of the captain, though her attention was on the various plant (and possibly animal) life.
Account restricted at member's request

Daedalus

Garrus jolted slightly in his seat as the ship landed. As the ship came to a halt, he turned his blue eyes to look around the ship. His vision was blurry as the scientist, Nadine he remembered as his vision began to clear. He unbuckled himself from his seat and stood, smiling at her with a slight blush on his face. "Sorry. I did not mean to be in the way." His voice held the note of apology in it as he moved slightly to the side so that she could get her bag. Just as he did so, the radio called for Nadine to join the Captain on the ground. He nodded that he was fine, even as the movement made him dizzy and his vision to blur again. He smiled at the others as he slowly made his way over to the quarters that had been issued to him as he boarded for the first time approximately fourteen weeks ago. How they count how long it has been I wouldn't have a clue. He thought.

Garrus stopped by the Historian as he passed, "You may want to begin taking notes or recording a log for this." He managed to say to David. He frowned at how long it had taken him to remember the man's name. Shrugging, to himself more than to anyone else, he stumbled over to his quarters. The door slid open, just as Garrus stumbled forward and onto the ground. His hand reached up to his head to feel the lump that had been forming the whole time and winced with the pain.

"Please buckle your seatbelts and stay calm. We will be landing in just a few moments" Garrus heard as he headed for his seat. The turbulance was making it hard to move. The hull of the ship could be heard and felt scraping along the ground. Garrus saw a bag out of the corner of his eye. The next he knew they had landed and he was unbuckling himself and standing for the scientist. Who needed her bag.

The memory flashed in his head and Garrus stood back up slowly, leaning on the wall. What does she have in that bag? He thought as his vision blurred once more.

Miss Kathinja

Eying the stumbling man, the doctor sneered to herself for a moment before gathering a few things and following after him.  Upon witnessing his stumble and fall into his quarters, the pink-haired woman blocked it from shutting with her foot and then knocked on the door frame. Without any emotion on her face, she spoke, "You know, if you need medical help, you just need to ask.  There's no need for such a big production like this." So saying, the woman held out some tablets and a pack of ice, though it was easy to see that she was carrying more aid than she was immediately offering.

Daedalus

Nods and mumbles a "Thanks" as he took the offered tablets and downed them, wincing as he did so. He then takes the ice and plants it against the lump. His blurry vision almost causing him to miss the ice pack completely. He winces slightly at the cold of the ice. "The days a knock to the head has more effect than a bullet wound." He says as his vision clears enough to see that the doctor had more aide than offered. He knew the need to have good relations with the doctor in charge. "Sorry for not heading to see you. I thought it was a more minor knock to the head. Is there any way you could possibly help to mend the injury I seem to have taken to my head?" He asks her. His voice still held that 'kiwi' accent as they liked to call it.

Miss Kathinja

To this woman smiled.  "That's more like it. Move the ice briefly so I can take a closer look." As she said this, she had already begun to lay the goods on a nearby counter-top in order to free up her hands. "So you've been shot before? Any noteworthy locations? And you say that head trauma is more problematic?  How long has this been the case and what event seemed to really set it off?"

Daedalus

Laughs gently, wincing in the process. He moves the ice from the bump. "Collar bone. Left side." He says. It was probably in his records somewhere. Not that they had access to them all the way out here. He smiles slightly, "I have not taken a knock to the head that has put me to the ground before now. Besides being knocked out multiple times in training. This has to be the worst head blow I have suffered since then. The bullet wound. Well. I had no choice but to keep fighting when that happened." He finishes with a murmur. He then remembers her last question and frowns slightly. "The landing. A bag fell and hit the side of my head. As you can see."

Miss Kathinja

"Fascinating." She continued to smile while from the pile of goods she procured some hand-wash and a pair of rubber gloves which she utilized in that order. "Would you be kind enough to explain the bullet-wound's story while I examine you for MTBI?" Though she asked, she proceeded to apply disinfectant to the the area of impact. The cervical spine was quite important and as such the man could feel the cold, tactile feeling of rubber-coated fingers tracing along the back of his neck. As the man spoke the doctor monitored his airways, breathing and circulation.

Daedalus

Grits his teeth and shrugs slightly, nodding. "Not much to the story really. Wasn't big enough to hit the news or anything. Just a small colony under attack. One of the other soldiers happened to tackle me out of the way of the aim of the other side. In time for the bullet to go into the collar bone instead of through my skull." He closed his eyes as the doctor worked, letting her do her job. "It was the fact that I got back up and helped to defend the colony that landed me here. I proved myself to be strong enough to fight on while wounded and had no real ties anywhere. So they sent me. After putting me through much more vigorous training than the basic training I completed to join the forces." With his eyes closed, he cannot tell if his vision is returning to normal. He doesnt feel dizzy, though that could be from sitting still instead of moving.

Miss Kathinja

The older though attractive woman nodded and confirmed the things the man said as she went about her diagnosis.  After a few minutes of observation; she stepped back, stood straight and spoke, "While it's difficult to tell for certain, you do indeed seem to have a case of mild traumatic brain injury, or a concussion as you probably know it. While ideally I would suggest that you rest both physically and cerebrally for about three weeks, that's not particularly likely to be a luxury at the moment.  At the very least, you should rest for a day or two with someone monitoring you. On the positive side however, there doesn't seem to be anything life-threatening or permanently debilitating for you to deal with at the moment, but don't let that give you the idea that you don't need to rest."

Daedalus

Laughs gently, wincing slightly once again. "I'll have to pull my weight eventually." He mutters as he opens his eyes. "I guess that means im staying here unless the Captain needs me." A concussion was sitting him out. He shook his head slightly at the idea. Like he had a choice though. If he didn't listen to the doctor, she probably wouldn't help him if he got an even worse injury. "I'll do as I'm told. I'm not aiming to have my career cut short." He says to her as he slowly stands to move to a seat instead of the floor. He placed the ice pack gently back to the side of his head. He shifted into a relaxed position slowly as to avoid the dizzy spells. He knew the rules of concussion. No sleeping was the key one.

Miss Kathinja

The physician smiled as the man submitted to doctor's orders.  Her task complete, she turned to the pile of aid she had brought, leaving behind a few more tablets for pain suppression before she made for the door. "I need to check up on everyone else now, but I will be back later to see how you're doing.  I might suggest listening to soft music in the meantime to keep your mind relaxed."  And with that she was gone from the military man's room.

WashAutumstar

Wash awoke in a slight daze, last thing i remembered was the ship landing, for all in tense and purposes, and Captain heading out leaving me in charge...and then..then black.  He started to stand up and the room started spinning. That's not a good sign he said to no one in particular. He then sat back down and proceeded to see what he could do about boosting things above emergency power, when he felt the urge to throw up. He forced the feeling away, reached for the communication system, um..is would the doctor come to the bri... when the blackness consumed him again, and he passed out.

“Being a geek is all about being honest about what you enjoy and not being afraid to demonstrate that affection. It means never having to play it cool about how much you like something. It’s basically a license to proudly emote on a somewhat childish level rather than behave like a supposed adult. Being a geek is extremely liberating." - Simon Pegg

Miss Kathinja

"Lightyears from the nearest hospital and still never a dull moment in the medical ward." Ellen mused to herself as she returned briefly to the infirmary to relieve herself of the goods she was carrying. Upon returning to the bridge she found the Pilot slumped unconscious in his seat, safety restraints properly in place. Well, in one line of thinking, you're not contributing to a statistic.  in another line of thinking, you're the first statistic for this circumstance." As the doctor continued to muse to herself, she took a brief assessment of the damage.  There weren't any obvious signs of wounds or trauma that she could see. Satisfied with this knowledge, she casually turned back to the infirmary to retrieve a stretcher and then returned to the scene.  While she wasn't exactly the strongest woman in the galaxy, she'd manipulated unconscious people enough to know how to get the man onto the stretcher safely without assistance.

"Rrr... damn it." The equipment wasn't functioning on account of forced landing.  This complicated matters in an already complicated situation. With a sigh of resignation to the lack of mechanical assistance she'd be receiving, the pink-haired woman cut through the man's shirt and investigated the torso for damage.  After a few minutes she came to the conclusion that the only signs of trouble were where the seating restraints had held him back, leaving large red stripes across his torso. She'd checked his ABCs and all seemed fine to her. Not seeing any immediate danger, she transfered the man to a cot for him to rest and recover on his own.

The middle-aged woman stepped out of the infirmary and returned to her own quarters which were predictably trashed.  With another sigh she rummaged around near where her nightstand once stood. It didn't take long before she recovered exactly what she was in search for.  Reaching into her coat pocket, she filled the device with a liquid that thankfully hadn't broken and spilled. Another pocket she unraveled a cable from which she connected to the device and almost against hope, the device activated.  "Billions invested into a ship that crashes, fifty bucks invested into an e-cig that survives a crash." And with that, she took a drag of the cherry-flavored vapor and enjoyed the first relaxed moment she'd had to herself since planet-fall.

EvilMegaCookie

David wrote in his records:

''Year 2047, Zeus flight 692 has just begun the landing process, the--''

Was quickly interrupted as the force of the ship landing at the planet rather roughly, he managed to make it relatively safe except for a slight headache and a feeling of wanting to throw up. Regardless, he managed to keep his compsoure and didn't throw up the rest of the lunch he had eaten an hour ago. While he was writing about the landing process and how it went, As Garrus stopped by David, he said:

''You may want to start taking notes or recording a log for this.'' He said and resumed his walk through the ship.

Nodding, David resuméd writing to finish what he had begun. After writing for a few minutes, he closed the book and put the pen into his pocket.

''Now we'll just have to wait and see if it's possible to breathe on this new earth.'' David thought to himself as he walked through the ship, noting the state of the ship and it's inhabitants for later writing. He started to feel excited about exploring this new planet and started to walk on a quicker pace.

WashAutumstar

Wash awoke, some unknown hours later in a bunk, apparently the doctor had found him and transferred him here. He sat up slowly, remembering the first time he awoke, but the spinning seemed to have calmed down to a slight wooziness. It wasn't enough to make him lay back down and, thankfully, he didn't feel like throwing up again. The only problem he had was this pain in his back, but he would live.

So Wash looked around trying to find the whereabouts of his shirt, and saw it poking out of a trash can. He went over to it, opened the lid and pulled out what remained of his shirt. Damn... he thought, I really liked that one... Guess I'll go look for another one He headed out the door and ran right into a man of similar build, with startling blue eyes, and what appeared to be ink splotches on his hands.

You must be our local historian, um, David is it? Sorry about that, I have been a little off since the landing

“Being a geek is all about being honest about what you enjoy and not being afraid to demonstrate that affection. It means never having to play it cool about how much you like something. It’s basically a license to proudly emote on a somewhat childish level rather than behave like a supposed adult. Being a geek is extremely liberating." - Simon Pegg

Josietta

Captain Hannah Hartley
Zeus Flight 692
- Week Fourteen -
Day One on New Earth
~ Tagging: Nadine ~

Hannah was walking around the area just outside the crash zone. The land was lush and green in the distance with a large blue body of water some miles off from them. She was sure that there was likely some sort of water source closer than that one but it would take some investigating to find out for sure. The area surrounding the ship was dry and rocky, it was a decent place to land at a last minute as none of the plant life would have been disturbed, however she wasn't sure how it would affect any creature that dwelled underground or in the rocks. It could likely be that dark smear along the underbelly was some local endangered species for all she knew. For now however, she looked over the small growth of plants without touching them. The larger greenery was a good 500 feet out but these small shoots of vegetation were intriguing enough to warrant a closer look.

When Nadine, the resident research scientist sort, made her way out and toward the Captain, she looked up and smiled at the other female. The passengers and crew were lucky with the members they had on board. A doctor, a research scientist, a soldier, a pilot (of course), and herself. Each had specific skill sets that weren't exactly placed there as a mistake or coincidence. The more Hannah thought bout it the more she realized that something must have gone wrong with the ship because someone wanted it to. She hadn't made Captain as quickly as she did by her good looks, someone felt threatened by her knowledge and ability to rise to the top quicker than others of her class. The only passenger that stumped her was the historian until she realized that he could likely be the one to record everything they do here so that other scientists could use that data to further their own careers. The twenty-something professional wasn't about to let it get to the point that others would have data scraped off their dead corpses. She was bound and determined to have them thrive, even if it meant building a life here. There were enough males and females that re-population wouldn't be an issue. There as also a good amount of intellect and strength that it would prove that the later descendants of this crew would have a fighting chance. She smiled at that and then replied back to the woman.

"The read out says 100% which is well above what most cities on our planet have. It could have a lot to do with the lack of smog and pollution. We are in a crisp new environment that hasn't been corrupted and tainted by mankind's technology and greed. Then again, we did just smash into the ground with our fuel propelled rocket ship."

She motioned to the small sprouts of what she assumed were plants before her.

"This is like nothing I've seen but most everything else is somewhat Earth Terran like.. this is just.. intriguing. The off shoots of sprouts seem to flow as if the wind were blowing but I feel no amount of breeze here yet."

Meanwhile beneath the ground a small creature with long tendril like sprouts had its receptors above ground listening to what was going on at the surface. It had heard the crash and wanted to investigate before making itself known. It was no more than your average intellect of creature so there wasn't too much it could or would do, besides keep its distance and remain still as not to draw attention to itself or its pod.

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

Illuminate

The turf was rough where they had landed; rocks of considerable size scattered abroad, though it would seem that where they landed was void of such a size. What mingled here with the dusty terrain was truer to the size of a pebble. It in fact looked like a crash site. Quite literally. Nadine's gaze drifted at first, off to the sizable body of water some miles away. An ocean of sorts, she supposed. A water source was going to be important regardless of how long they were to be stuck here on this planet, and to have one so close only served in their favor. Testing needed to be done on it however, to document what sort of replenishing quality it had. Among other notes she would jot down when the time came. For now, it was to determine what was safe for the crew an passengers. Noting that the larger part of vegetation was still a good five-hundred feet in the distance, she approached Hannah, joining where she now stood.

When Hannah detailed Nadine on the exact readings she got, Nadine flipped up the flap of her bag and pulled out a worn notebook and an old ink pen.

"Great, Thank you."

Thumbing to a clean page, she jotted down the number, and secured the pen over the lip of her ear.

"I suppose it could have something to do with the pollution. Perhaps.."

Nadine took in a lungful, noting the total purity of such a breath. As if there was a cloud lifted, and her lungs regained life all in a single inhale. Her exhale came soon after, rolling off of pursed lips.

"With the amount of plant life, I'd assume that the fumes will soon be replaced by their photosynthetic cycles."

Hannah drew Nadine's attention to the more local sprouts of vegetation, turning her head down as she observed the elegant flow of such a thing. As though it may be alive all on its own. There was no breeze to be felt, and so its movement was entirely self-induced.

"Huh.. Interesting."

Nadine bent at the knees, dropping her slender frame into a squat there before a few paired shoots, thoroughly intrigued by the way it seemed to move all in its own accord. Such a thing was not seen, nor was it known on their planet, earth. A discovery of something entirely new excited Nadine.

"It appears to be rippling all of it's own accord, I'll give you that."

It was then that Nadine reached out to pluck one from the ground to take back to the ship and test. Something of this nature needed to be documented, examined, evaluated, and studied thoroughly.
Account restricted at member's request

EvilMegaCookie

David was walking around the ship and was about to open the door leading to a room and nearly crashed right into Wash, the pilot of the ship.

''You must be our local historian, um, David is it? Sorry about that, I have been a little off since the landing.''

Waving his hand, as if dismissing the fact that Wash had problems with remembering his name, David said:

''It's all right. It was quite the landing after all. If anything, i'd like to know about the status of the ship. Aside from that we've crashed, that is. And yes, I am the one that will record and write down everything that'll happen to us, whether it be for the better or worse.''

David walked into the bunker that Wash had came out from and quickly scanned the room for anything valuable. But then thought that he can always come back to get it later, as the ship wasn't going anywhere.

WashAutumstar

Well we have emergency power which will sustain our lights, air, and other assorted life support systems, but the rest of the ship has powered down. I was about to see what I could do to get them back online when I... Never mind

Just thinking about blacking out made his head feeling like bobbing about, like those toys they like to make to stick on car dashboards back home.

Anyways the Captain is out assessing the planet and I really should go check on the computer and engine systems see if I can get us back online, maybe send out a maintenance call

Wash notice David surveying the bunker, looking for what, Wash didn't know, but dismissed it assuming it was part of the record. 

Josietta

Captain Hannah Hartley
Zeus Flight 692
- Week Fourteen -
Day One on New Earth
~ Tagging: Nadine ~

As both Nadine and Hannah stood there over the wavering supposed plant, it started to move more as though their discussion had caused it agitation. Hannah took a step back from it and unholstered her space pistol. It wasn't a large weapon by any means and there were a very few of them made. Only the higher ranking officers of NASA would have one and only for use during outer-space travels. One could never be too careful when it came to alien life forms. After all, they had all seen the happenings of various spacial events that occurred through the years. While no one had ever been openly attacked, or not seen to be so, there were other things to show that intelligent lifeforms did live outside of earths atmosphere. Captain Hannah Jo Hartley just wasn't sure if those beings would be on this planet or not.

When the research analyst reached down and grabbed up one of the receptors of the creature, it let out a high pitch squeal. A noise that increased in volume as she pulled it from its place beneath the ground. The scream was loud enough to make most lesser intelligent creatures pass out instantly, but only caused a great discomfort in the humans that had disturbed its hidden hunting zone.  The only benefit its defensive action did was cause Hannah to clap her hands over her ears and remain unfocused enough to actually try to shoot the little bastard. Then again, shooting him would prove to do nothing but possibly bring down the wrath of others of his kind.

"Drop him! Geezus! What the hell! Drop the screamer!"

Hannah shouted out really loudly to the scientist. It was likely said louder than intended but she felt slightly deafened by the screams of the small bald animal.  The animal appeared to look a lot like a mole only without the large over-sized front teeth. His nose was more cat like and his eyes a solid black.  The bald skin was a deep brown in tone and covered in dirt from its burrowing under the ground. The only color on the creature came from the two and three inch long wavering plant like tendrils that flowed on top of its head, much like a bright green grass in the wind.

The animals squealing continued another two to three minutes and increased in wave lengths as it eventually washed over the passengers and pilot inside the spaceship. They would all feel the lesser deafening feeling to their ears, much like having air pressurized around them, causing their ears to pop and hearing to muffle. It wasn't as painful as it was for anyone within ten feet of external space. In other words, if they had been outside the craft with nothing between them, it would cause as much discomforting pain as it did to Hannah and Nadine. However, the craft's hull and padding saved those inside from that much.

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

WashAutumstar

David seemed distracted to Wash, and he was about to leave when he felt, well he wasn't sure what it felt like. Almost like the air was pressurizing, but that couldn't happen, after all they landed and most systems were offline anyways. He concentrated, seeing what else he could feel, if anything, when he thought he heard some faint almost high pitch whine. What the hell could that be he thought, something on the planet maybe... better go try to get a communication to the Captain see what's the situation of the planet

Wash didn't bother saying anything to David, just took off for the bridge, although running made him feel dizzy he did it anyways, The Captain hadn't reported in and Wash really didn't like the weird "feeling" that was going on.

He made it to his chair, head pounding but he shakes it off, and tried to patch in with Captain Hartley

Um, Captain.. this is going to sound weird, but I've got this strange feeling... well.. scratch that, never mind, but i do hear some strange sounds, and with the ship powered down, i figured it's from the planet, and you haven't checked in; or maybe you did, i passed out for a while... anyways is everything alright?

EvilMegaCookie

As David was about to walk out of the bunker, he heard a strange, high-pitched sound. Although it was faint, it was still disturbing to hear, followed by his ears popping and the sound to become muffled. Following the direction of the sound, although it was somewhat hard due to the echo, he finally realized that it came from the outside and immediately started to go to the bridge that led to the outside.

As soon as David got out, the sound hit him with full force and he was forced to cover his ears to dampen the horrible sound. As he saw Nadine holding a mole-like creature with green colored, grass-like tendrils put atop it's head. As the creature began to scream even louder, David attempted to get closer in order to make Nadine drop the creature, he found it harder to keep his balance as he got closer to the origin of the sounds. David soon fell as he got as close as he could, a mere feet away, he could do nothing but cover his eyes.

''Damn it! Drop that creature already! Or shoot it!'', David thought to himself as it was useless to scream or talk amidst this noise.