She-ctionary: Anime-inspired madness! [MUL]

Started by Unishifter, June 08, 2009, 06:17:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unishifter

Quote from: BloodRoses on June 12, 2009, 05:10:25 PM
how agressively opposed are you to having a male word? like...raging hormonal homosexual...
he can be in complete denial, but i'd be great for slap-stick-humor (pun intended)

That could be quite funny! Like jilorbb said, though, that'd probably be the only one. I wouldn't mind seeing such a character around, as long as he's mostly there for comedy and not sex with my character. If he does find himself a partner, it'll have to be someone else!

That's something I forgot to say before, by the way. Unlike in your typical harem romance shows, the Words' lives don't have to revolve entirely around the main character's. If one was to get romantically involved with another male character, or if there was, say, a lesbian couple, that would get my seal of approval.

The main advantage of that would be that it would be possible, that way, to keep the action moving without having everyone to wait on my posts! I'm usually pretty quick and have lots of free time, but I don't think I could handle that much pressure.

Quote from: jilorbb on June 12, 2009, 05:12:20 PM
I do have one possible suggestion: perhaps it doesn't always happen? That way he could continue to use the dictionary normally (for school reports and such) and only on occasion (randomly) does it happen on its own - or when he's actively trying to do it as well.

I'm thinking that if this book ended up always shooting out a word-girl, then your typical anime "normal" guy might want to just not use it after a while.

You're right! It probably shouldn't trigger all the time, precisely for that reason. Another thing I could add to what I wrote above, too: Kenji doesn't know much at all about his power, so he could very well try to get a Word and wind up with another one on the same page, or try to go for a specific result, only to see that the Word manifests herself as a different definition from the one he expected.

This is actually what I had in mind for Ty Dao, by the way. With "obscenity", Kenji would try to pull out a sex bomb, only to wind up with an F-bomb. XD ...with a minor in sex bomb, yes.

Bloody Paramour

Quote from: Red Comet on June 12, 2009, 05:28:42 PM
That could be quite funny! Like jilorbb said, though, that'd probably be the only one. I wouldn't mind seeing such a character around, as long as he's mostly there for comedy and not sex with my character. If he does find himself a partner, it'll have to be someone else!

That's something I forgot to say before, by the way. Unlike in your typical harem romance shows, the Words' lives don't have to revolve entirely around the main character's. If one was to get romantically involved with another male character, or if there was, say, a lesbian couple, that would get my seal of approval.

The main advantage of that would be that it would be possible, that way, to keep the action moving without having everyone to wait on my posts! I'm usually pretty quick and have lots of free time, but I don't think I could handle that much pressure.

You're right! It probably shouldn't trigger all the time, precisely for that reason. Another thing I could add to what I wrote above, too: Kenji doesn't know much at all about his power, so he could very well try to get a Word and wind up with another one on the same page, or try to go for a specific result, only to see that the Word manifests herself as a different definition from the one he expected.

This is actually what I had in mind for Ty Dao, by the way. With "obscenity", Kenji would try to pull out a sex bomb, only to wind up with an F-bomb. XD ...with a minor in sex bomb, yes.

*rofling at the Sex Bomb-f-bomb comment*

I completely agree. The male homosexual word doesnt have to be involved with the main character (though could have a crush?)

would you allow me to play both Haku and the Male word?

"I use big words. Like......erection"-Me <3
"in a sexual conversation, Duct ape is considered a double negative ♥ "

Unishifter

Quote from: BloodRoses on June 12, 2009, 05:34:09 PM
I completely agree. The male homosexual word doesnt have to be involved with the main character (though could have a crush?)

would you allow me to play both Haku and the Male word?

He could be as smitted with Kenji as possible as long as nothing gets sexually explicit. Kenji would be massively creeped out and want nothing to do with this, but would probably not mind keeping him around as yet another freeloader.

And, hm, I'm not too sure on the two characters thing. I wish I could say yes, but I think for now it would be wiser to keep a limit of one character per player. Maybe ask me again once the thread is well underway and I'll probably give you a different answer, though. Sorry to disappoint!

Bloody Paramour

Quote from: Red Comet on June 12, 2009, 05:39:54 PM
He could be as smitted with Kenji as possible as long as nothing gets sexually explicit. Kenji would be massively creeped out and want nothing to do with this, but would probably not mind keeping him around as yet another freeloader.

And, hm, I'm not too sure on the two characters thing. I wish I could say yes, but I think for now it would be wiser to keep a limit of one character per player. Maybe ask me again once the thread is well underway and I'll probably give you a different answer, though. Sorry to disappoint!

*smiles* no problem.
though im having a hard time deciding which would be funnier (as i am a girl)
playing Haku who could seriously mess around with Kenji with her illusions, or the Male character (who i would name something like 'Komatsu') who would be totally smitten with Kenji.

which would be funnier to pull out first *laughs*

jilorbb

Quote from: BloodRoses on June 12, 2009, 05:20:27 PM

though i would have to come up with a good word.

How about 'switch' 'Reverse' or 'trap'?

iridum248

*That's* going to be distrubingly hilarious, especially because so many 'traps' tend to look *exactly* like attractive girls...Except when it all goes horribly wrong. Perhaps a word like, say...Kamen, or something related to disguises/deception?

Diabolus Lupus

K, I'm going to join the looniness, as I kinda like the humor that ensues from guy-centric harem anime. ^^

Name: Ryu
Word: Dragon
Description: Human form Dragon form
Personality: Mostly laid back, though she can have a fiery temper when something really bothers her. She gets along with just about anyone, and is always ready to have a good time and try new things. Pretty much a 'tomboy'.
Powers/Abilities: Heightened senses; mostly scent and hearing. Can also take on the form of a dragon with the ability to breath small amounts of fire.

Unishifter

A little belatedly, yes, combining the two character concepts could be feasible! And welcome aboard, Devilstrike.

Anyway, the OOC thread is go! I'll request that most discussion continue there, but character proposals can stay here, I guess.

The actual first IC thread should be coming live sometime today, I think! iridium248's character will be first, but after that I think I'll try to mostly stick to the order of posts in this thread, maybe skipping some people if the story particularly calls for a certain Word to pop out. I'll notify people by PM when their turn comes, so don't worry!

Edit: The first IC thread is live! For now it's only Kenji and Kodama, but I'll try to let the cast expand quickly enough.

Bloody Paramour

Haku (ha-ku) Komatsu
Word: Ostentatious
Power: Ability to Make anything (lol) Appear/disappear at will (want orange juice? *poof* here ya go) -Gender switcher-
Haku is that kind of, over the top, in your face and happy to be there, Bisexual pretty boy. Or she's the clingy-cute but strange girl.
While getting around the fact that (apparently) his/her advances are usually ill-received, He/she trys to woo everyone with giving them just about anything they want...anything. (probably responsible for the stock market crash...or the djinni in the bottle slick)

(Sorry again, Ill be catching up soon, but i decided to play as Haku the boy. if you want me to remove Haku earlier in the posts, i will!)

Chuukun

I was wondering, is there still room for one more character?

Chat Noir

I was wondering if there was still room too.
If you've been missing me please see my thread here.

"Sticks and stones may break my bones...
...but whips and chains excite me."

Ons and Offs
My Roleplays:
Dirty Little Secret|Mystery Men - Unsung Superheroes

Unishifter

The room is technically unlimited, but since this is an old-ish thread and we already got a lot of players the first time around, I've asked them if they'd mind more newcomers. I'd be open to it myself, but there might be worries that things would get too cluttered.

Feel free to put up a tentative character profile anyway! But also keep in mind that you might not get to play immediately, since this started out in June and even now we still have a few characters left to introduce.

Unishifter

A little belatedly, I'm confirming that new characters should be fine!

Chuukun

Word: Volcano

Name:  Fujiko

Description:

Personality: In one word, Fujiko is a traditional tsundere. While capable of affection and gentleness, Fujiko is much more prone to fits of anger and rage even. She can mostly get along with other women, but men are usually something that always manage to get her riled up, and not always in the good way.

Her name is derived from Mount Fuji, a formerly active volcano and now Japans most recognisable landmark. The word is also an homophone for 'peerless', so that might explain her immense bustsize. While often bothered by it, she can become extremely prideful and even competitive with others, showing an ambition that most would find frightening.

Powers/Abilities: Fujikos special trait is not one that she can control directly. Whenever a particularly strong emotion (anger or embarrassment mostly) overcomes her, her body heats up, but not in the way most humans would. Fujikos body heats up to roughly 1000 degree Fahrenheit, a temperature that naturally causes her clothes to catch fire and dissolve within moments, adding to her predicament. Fujiko herself is entirely immune to the her own heat, although she will get sweaty from other sources of heat or exertion like any normal person would.

For example, if she were to be taking a bath and someone she would not want to see her naked walked in, it would be likely that the bathing water would have evaporated within seconds. If the emotion is much stronger than that though, it is possible that she could easily reach temperatures much higher than that.

Naturally, Fujiko tries to avoid getting too emotional because of those drawbacks, but she rarely succeeds in that. She is just too emotional for that. Plus she really seems to attract those sorts of embarrassing situations.

Unishifter

All right, welcome aboard! You'll probably want to add the OOC thread to your bookmarks. The character list should be updated soon, too.

Calisto

Name: Harahi
Word: Shy
Description:
Personality: Harahi is very smart and soft spoken. She tends to keep to herself though. She gets very silent around new people and will only talk to someone that she has met after the third meeting.
Powers/Abilities: Harahi has the ability to make people to nervous to speak to others or even look at them. She also can feel others emotions so if someone seems to be to exicited around her she makes them feel uncomfortable and shy.

Chuukun

Calisto

hey i decided that i am not going to play this after all but i would like Treena to play my character since she is the one that gave me the idea over the phone when i was stumped (it was an accident on her part.) if it is ok with you that is.

Treena

dragonflies you are sneaky i am going to get you back for this you know. ~smiles at the rest of the players~ i would like to play if its ok since dragonflies is going to be busy planning a wedding.

A/A     Ons/Offs     Cravings
Back and open to some rps.
Treena'sWiki

Unishifter