The Avengers [Added a few more canon characters & OC spots still open!]

Started by Saku, July 09, 2012, 11:52:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NinjaWeazel

Oh my god how has nobody claimed Nick Fury yet?  SIGN ME UP!

RedEve

"I don't have a dirty mind, I have a sexy imagination."
My ons and offs- My F-list

Saku

Hm, yes Miss Marvel is approved, I'm thinking that maybe Nick Fury seeks her out and decides that he would like to have her assistance in the upcoming war. ^^ So that would explain why she is here when none of the others know her.
I'm back!
"Times change and so must I. We all change when you think about it. We’re all different people all through our lives.
And that’s ok, that’s good, as long as you keep moving, as long as you remember all the people that you used to be.
I will not forget one line of this, not one day, I swear. I will always remember when The Doctor was me."
Ons/Offs! vs Updates! vs Requests

Saku

I changed a few things in the main post but nothing too major, so you don't have to change anything if you don't want to. I just added a few things and made it all simpler. That being said, now those of you who wanted to play OCs now have a choice whether you still want to play them or if you want to play one of the new ones I put up there. So just let me know. ^^

Animegurl5 - Jade looks fine to me and she can definitely be from Asgard if you want her to be.
NinjaWeazel - Sure you can take Nick Fury, I pmed you about something regarding him.

Oh and guess what I just added a POLL for the first time ever! xD
I'm back!
"Times change and so must I. We all change when you think about it. We’re all different people all through our lives.
And that’s ok, that’s good, as long as you keep moving, as long as you remember all the people that you used to be.
I will not forget one line of this, not one day, I swear. I will always remember when The Doctor was me."

RedEve

Quote from: Saku on July 12, 2012, 01:02:17 PM
Hm, yes Miss Marvel is approved, I'm thinking that maybe Nick Fury seeks her out and decides that he would like to have her assistance in the upcoming war. ^^ So that would explain why she is here when none of the others know her.

Miss Marvel has helped the Avengers out on a few occasions, though she was never an "official" member of the team. :)
"I don't have a dirty mind, I have a sexy imagination."
My ons and offs- My F-list

FrostShifter

I'm just going to devote my time to one character for now. Not a great idea for me to juggle anymore, already doing that in another rp. :D

Animegurl5 - question to think about for the history of your character: Since she is from Asgard, what is her history with the royal family and the other asgardians we know?

And I still vote Thanos(good catch on that, I can be bad with spelling names), especially since he basically tries to destroy the whole universe, not just earth, which in turn can pull more that the main avengers into the story, and that means the whole Avengers rp can grow as needed. Just saying. :D

1SAZ

I actually had an idea for a multi-stage hierarchy that the Avengers could deal with. Let me know if you guys like it.

Basically, Thanos will be running the show from behind the scenes like he was in the first movie, but towards the climax of the story, makes his reveal. The main enemies in the story would be the Skrull and Taskmaster. I think Taskmaster would be the perfect follow-up to Loki since he is essentially a mercenary to whoever hires him, and has all the skills of the core members of the Marvel Universe. A great villain to force out the Avengers' A game, not to mention a reason for them to include more members. Then with the inclusion of the Skrull, we could cause some paranoia in the team, and give them a greater conflict beyond just Taskmaster. A foe that can take on any form they so choose and in the case of Super Skrull, have the powers to back up those forms? A true challenge for the team.

And then Thanos to just add icing to the proverbial cake. The ultimate foe for the "ultimate" team. And yes, I had to make that joke. The idea is Thanos hired Taskmaster to turn The Avengers' attention away from the real enemy. And since Thanos is pretty much the ultimate egotistical villain, he'd gloat about how he tricked them when he finally does reveal himself.

That's just my thoughts. Let me know what you all think.

FrostShifter

We could always keep the chitauri, as they are the ultimate universe version of the skrulls and some of the ones that "collapsed" at the end of the movie could have shapeshifted to stay alive and already be in prime spots, sort of a "secret invasion" already there but don't reveal them until after Taskmaster or some such.

Occident

Will SHIELD only be for the United States and there heroes? I mitt actually be better at government officials than heroes,  though a fee of them have certainnmutations meant for a last resort. Such as the Latverians getting uppity again.

Animegurl5

Quote from: FrostShifter on July 13, 2012, 02:21:55 AM
Animegurl5 - question to think about for the history of your character: Since she is from Asgard, what is her history with the royal family and the other asgardians we know?

I've been trying to think of that, but for some reason I am drawing a blank... Maybe she is apart of some personal gaurd for the royal family? Specifically for Thor, maybe? Assigned to protect him by his father after that last attack from Loki... If anyone has a cooler idea I'm all ears. Lols. :P
For the rest of the month, my schedule will be awkward and unpredictable. Please pardon my absenses and delayed replies.

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=131173.0

Saku

What 1SAZ said sounds like fun to me and makes the most sense. So we could incorporate all of the evil villains in there. Do we need someone to play them in particular or should we just do a select few to play the evil guys? I'd say probably two people who are really active would play them. Remind me who Skrull and Taskmaster are again?

QuoteWe could always keep the chitauri, as they are the ultimate universe version of the skrulls and some of the ones that "collapsed" at the end of the movie could have shapeshifted to stay alive and already be in prime spots, sort of a "secret invasion" already there but don't reveal them until after Taskmaster or some such.

This sounds good to me too, what FrostShifter said if you guys want to incorporate that into it too. That could be a good starting point perhaps?

QuoteWill SHIELD only be for the United States and there heroes? I mitt actually be better at government officials than heroes,  though a fee of them have certainnmutations meant for a last resort. Such as the Latverians getting uppity again.

Yes, I was thinking SHIELD is only for the US and their heroes since that's the way it was in the movies. Sure you can play a government official if you want or one of the villains, just let me know what you want to do! But we do need someone to play the Hulk so hopefully you can keep him. *laughs*
I'm back!

1SAZ

The Skrull are a race of shapeshifting aliens that worm their way into societies before conquering them.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skrull

Taskmaster is a mercenary with Photographic Muscle Memory that gives him the ability to perfectly mimic anyone's abilities that he sees, such as the perfect aim of Hawkeye or the shield skills of Cap.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taskmaster

1SAZ

A recent find, and I wanna post it to the group to get opinions, but which armor should I have Tony use? The Mark VI from Iron Man 2-most of Avengers, the Mark VII from the end of The Avengers, or the unknown armor from Iron Man 3.

Picture of the new Armor from IM3: http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/07/14/comic-con-tony-starks-new-look-for-iron-man-3

In any case, I want opinions because I'd honestly be happy with any of the three.

Animegurl5

The Mark VI is the one with the triangle, right? I'm a little rusty with the names of his armors... If that's the one I'm talking about then Mark VI has my vote... I prefer the triangle and it has more red than the picture you posted of the Iron Man 3... Too much gold if you ask me. :P
For the rest of the month, my schedule will be awkward and unpredictable. Please pardon my absenses and delayed replies.

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=131173.0

NinjaWeazel

Not enough red in the IM3 armor.  Honestly I love the hell out of the original suit, but the Mk IV gets my vote out of all the listed ones.  Mostly because I dont remember enough of the Mk VII.

Occident

Should I take it that at least one of our characters is a Skrull imposter?

1SAZ

Mark VI is the triangle chestpiece, yes. And the Mark VII is like the previous armors, but it can form around him on the go without the need of a production line like set up. The main difference between the Mark VI and the Mark VII is the upgrades in flight and maneuverability, offensive and defensive systems, and the ability to suit up on the go.

The new suit is really gold, I agree, but it's kinda growing on me. I kinda like how it's a bit of a throwback to the original gold armor while still being new. Also, I really like the new faceplate design with the larger ovular eyes.

Ryan

A lot of people are speculating that the IM3 armor could be either Extremis or Bleeding Edge armor in which case, both are infinitely better than the Mark VII armor in every single way.
However, if you're not comfortable with the Extremis or Bleeding Edge stories and armor designs, I would go with the Mark VII because it's still a pretty damn good suit.

1SAZ

I'm assuming it's the Extremis due to the fact that Iron Man 3's plot is effectively the Extremis storyline. So yeah, Extremis armor makes sense.

Saku

So does anyone want to play some of the evil villains? If so, I think we should open up the game with a post from them plotting etc... and then cut from that scene to Nick Fury gathering the Avengers once again etc... what do you guys think?
I'm back!

1SAZ

Well, I can play double duty as Taskmaster for now, but that'll be a bit harder once we get to the first encounter. But yeah, I can play Taskmaster till we find someone to take over for him.

AribethAmkiir

Are you still looking for players?  If so, is there room for Janet Van Dynne, a.k.a. The Wasp? 

Occident

Occident

Quote from: Saku on July 16, 2012, 12:41:07 AM
So does anyone want to play some of the evil villains? If so, I think we should open up the game with a post from them plotting etc... and then cut from that scene to Nick Fury gathering the Avengers once again etc... what do you guys think?
I may be able to help. Depends if you are wanting OCs or someone from the various canons. If OCs I can offer a variety of antagonists who may or may not see themselves as villains.

1SAZ

I say yes to The Wasp, but that's just me. Also, can I play triple duty as Henery "Hank" Pym? I freaking love Ant Man! Not the ultimate version though. He's a huge dick. Normal version is cool though.

My idea of Ant-Man is a combination of his Ant-Man and Goliath personas, using both shrinking and growing in unison. It makes him a bit more versatile and more of an asset to the team. Also, no wife-beating. That's just wrong.