Maid the RPG [Sign ups!]

Started by Kaedia, May 10, 2013, 05:27:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaedia

Welcome to the mansion!

OOC thread can be found by pressing this... https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=173767.0

Alright ladies and gents! It seems Maids the RPG was a lot more popular than I thought it would be! Since interest has been shown I'm upgrading this thread into a sign up thread instead of a interest check. For those of you new to the thread this is a game revolving around the use of the Maids the RPG tabletop setting. Google Maids the RPG and you'll find a ton of information about the setting to see if you are interested! We haven't decided on a setting for the home yet but that will come soon. Promise! For now we are gathering up the cast of characters that will fill out the mansion and bring the story to life. When more information about the overall setting is determined I'll update this post to reflect that.

In this story you can play a maid, a butler, or an apprentice to one or the other. All roles are currently open to those who want in! Have any questions about this zany game? Ask them! One of us (might) have an answer!

Onward to the current cast!

The Cast

Vin26m
-- The master of the mansion; more details to come!

Zefie
-- Head Maid; Telnia

Ayahka
-- Maid; Nona

Kunoichi
-- Maid; Carmilla

Jaded
-- Maid: Melody
[Absences and Apologies] -- [1/0 - Preferences] -- [Requests and Ideas] -- [YIM/Email/PM Requests]
My Status:
Open.
◄ The mark is a part of me, but it does not define me ►

Jaded

Ayahka

Yeah, me too, I think... this sounds too bizarre to not try out. :-)

vin26m

Quote from: Zefie on May 10, 2013, 05:27:39 AM
So for starters I'll keep this short; anyone here interested in playing a round of Maid the RPG or a scenario inspired by the setting? I've recently been turned on to it and I adore the character creation process and I think it's something I could really get into if I find a group for it. Not much thought into exact details. I know we'd need someone to play the head of the house at minimal and some more maids would be nice as well!

For those who don't know what Maid the RPG is... http://maidrpg.com/ ... gives an overview and a location to buy the PDF should it interest you. The allure of the game is the random character creation and the playful style. I'd assume seduction rules would be used and we could lift the PG-13 rating the game advocates using. That's up to the group though should enough people be interested!

That's all for now. Hope to see some interest. I haven't read through the whole book yet but from what I've gathered there are maids, butlers, apprentice butlers/maids, and head of the home.

-Zefie

I would like to play the male master or a female maid.

Ayahka

*bursts out laughing*

This is hilarious! I just tried randomly generating a maid, and I got this:

Your name is Margareta. You are 23 years old. You have silver eyes and rainbow hair, and wear a navy maid uniform. You are childlike and sexy; others describe you as glamorous, curvy and charming.

You have only one eye. You are obsessed with cleanliness, and can't let the tiniest bit of dirt go unnoticed. You have a great deal of freckles.

Following your one-sided love of the master, you have come here. In combat, you wield a kung fu weapon, such as nunchucks, three-section staff, tonfa, sai, tai chi sword, and so forth. When you are extremely upset, you run away from the mansion. Due to your notable Cunning, you have the ability Coercion. If you win a roll of Cunning vs. Athletics, you can completely damage or tear off someone's clothes, even "accidentally." You also have the power of Mockery; When someone is taking Stress points, you can mock them and cause them to gain an additional 2 Stress points. (This must be roleplayed.)

MagicalPen

Is there room for Male Characters? Otherwise - the Maid Generator is hilarious!

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Looking/Available for New Games

Yano2mch

Quote from: Ayahka on May 10, 2013, 08:36:57 AM
*bursts out laughing*

This is hilarious! I just tried randomly generating a maid, and I got this:

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Your name is Margareta. You are 23 years old. You have silver eyes and rainbow hair, and wear a navy maid uniform. You are childlike and sexy; others describe you as glamorous, curvy and charming.

You have only one eye. You are obsessed with cleanliness, and can't let the tiniest bit of dirt go unnoticed. You have a great deal of freckles.

Following your one-sided love of the master, you have come here. In combat, you wield a kung fu weapon, such as nunchucks, three-section staff, tonfa, sai, tai chi sword, and so forth. When you are extremely upset, you run away from the mansion. Due to your notable Cunning, you have the ability Coercion. If you win a roll of Cunning vs. Athletics, you can completely damage or tear off someone's clothes, even "accidentally." You also have the power of Mockery; When someone is taking Stress points, you can mock them and cause them to gain an additional 2 Stress points. (This must be roleplayed.)

*Laughs through almost the entire description and wipes a tear from his eye* That could be fun to play out...

Yano2mch

Mmm A few more that might be funny from randomly generated :P

Came across one that could fight with a broom/mop, going on joy rides when upset, or drinking or other manner of things.

Uniform Color:    orange
Hair Color:    beige
Eye Color:    brown
Maid Types:    Pure & Sexy
Special Qualities:    Princess, Raven, Abusive Parents, Magical Girl, Angel/Devil
Favored Attribute:    Skill
Maid Power:    Stalking
Maid Roots:    Mistress
Maid Weapon:    Mop/Broom
Stress Explosion:    Shopping
stats: 2,2,3,2,2,0
You have brown eyes and beige hair, and wear an orange maid uniform. You are pure and sexy; others describe you as clean, charming and glamorous.

You are the actually the daughter of a family of even greater standing of the master. You are actually a raven, with black wings that can be displayed or hidden at will. Your parents were highly abusive toward you. You came from a land of magic in order to train. You are a being from a world beyond this mortal coil, charged with judging good and evil.

Although you appear to be a maid, it would be more accurate to call you the master's lover. In combat, you fight with a broom or mop, the basic fighting style of a maid. When you are extremely upset, you go on a mad shopping spree. Due to your notable Skill, you have the ability Stalking. When you're following someone, there's no chance for them to detect you. Don't even bother rolling dice.

Uniform Color:    purple
Hair Color:    indigo
Eye Color:    silver
Maid Types:    Lolita & Boyish
Special Qualities:    Albino, Greedy, Secret Agency, Easygoing
Favored Attribute:    Cunning
Maid Power:    Instant Restraint
Maid Roots:    Returning a Favor
Maid Weapon:    Halberd/Pole Arm
Stress Explosion:    Rampage
stats: 2,2,2,3,2,2
You have silver eyes and indigo hair, and wear a purple maid uniform. You are childlike and boyish; others describe you as vigorous, young and a tomboy.

You are an albino, giving you a very pale, nearly colorless complexion. You are very greedy, and will do absolutely anything for the sake of money. You are part of a secret agency under the government as an intelligence agent or spy. You are easygoing, taking things slowly and calmly, at your own pace.

The master did a great service for you, and you have become a maid in order to repay him. In combat, you attack with a halberd, bardiche, or other kind of pole arm. When you are extremely upset, you use anything you can lay your hands on to run around destroying things around the mansion. Due to your notable Cunning, you have the ability Instant Restraint. If you win a roll of Cunning vs. Athletics, you can restrain someone from doing something indecent.

Uniform Color:    gray
Hair Color:    red
Eye Color:    orange
Maid Types:    Cool & Cool
Special Qualities:    Spider, Angel/Devil, Freckles, Raven
Favored Attribute:    Skill
Maid Power:    Stalking
Maid Roots:    Unrequited Love
Maid Weapon:    Shuriken/Kunai
Stress Explosion:    Alcohol/Drugs
stats: 2,0,4,1,3,2
You have orange eyes and red hair, and wear a gray maid uniform. You are very cool; others describe you as expressionless, composed and doll-like.

You are actually a spider, and can turn into a human-sized spider or grow six extra arms at will. You are a being from a world beyond this mortal coil, charged with judging good and evil. You have a great deal of freckles. You are actually a raven, with black wings that can be displayed or hidden at will.

Following your one-sided love of the master, you have come here. In combat, you have a seemingly unlimited supply of shuriken or kunai at your disposal. When you are extremely upset, you drink alcohol or take drugs until you can't remember anymore. Due to your notable Skill, you have the ability Stalking. When you're following someone, there's no chance for them to detect you. Don't even bother rolling dice.

Kaedia

Quote from: MagicalPen on May 10, 2013, 12:36:07 PM
Is there room for Male Characters? Otherwise - the Maid Generator is hilarious!

In the rulebook there is a section for creating butlers. That being said the last call on if they'd be allowed in this particular scenario would go to the head of the home since from what I understand the head of the home more-or-less works as the GM for the story.

Certainly seems like we have plenty of interest! So lets see...

We have (including myself) three (upward to four) potential maids. One potential male master. One potential butler.

That generator is pretty nifty. I'll probably use good ol' dice to create my character but it's still very nifty to have around! I'll definitely bookmark it for future use!
[Absences and Apologies] -- [1/0 - Preferences] -- [Requests and Ideas] -- [YIM/Email/PM Requests]
My Status:
Open.

vin26m

The more I read about this particular RPG, the more I am interested in being the master of the house.  There's an interesting dynamic in that all the maids are working together to please the master, yet they are rewarded individually, and often times arbitrarily, all while the maids work to sabotage each others' efforts.

For example, the maids could be setting up a party in the master's honor.  One of them bakes a cake, but another maid slips something that tastes bad into it, getting the cake making maid into trouble.

Kunoichi

I wouldn't mind joining in on this game, if there's still room.  Using that random generator posted earlier, I got...

Athletics:   2
   Affection:   1
   Skill:      3
   Cunning:   0
   Luck:   4
   Will:      3
Uniform Color:      transparent
Hair Color:      white
Eye Color:      red
Maid Types:      Lolita, Cool
Special Qualities:   Exhibitionist, Vampire, Albino
Favored Attribute:   Luck
Maid Power:      Teleport
Maid Roots:      Admirer of Maids
Maid Weapon:      Revolver
Stress Explosion:   Prayer

Your name is Carmilla. You are 200 years old. You have red eyes and white hair, and wear a transparent uniform. You are childlike and cool; others describe you as cute, expressionless and sweet.

You enjoy showing off your body, in whatever states of undress you can get away with. You are a vampire, with long fangs, pale skin, an aversion to light and an insatiable appetite. You are an albino, giving you a very pale, nearly colorless complexion.

You have long admired maids, and through much hard work you've finally become one yourself. In combat, you fight with a revolver. When you are extremely upset, you escape through religion, relentlessly praying to heaven for protection and strength. Due to your notable Luck, you have the ability Teleport; You can go just about anywhere in the mansion instantly.

...Which seems like it could be a fairly interesting character to play. ;D

Edit: ...And, upon making a few extra rolls, it's almost a bit creepy how well this character is taking shape. ^^; If five maid qualities winds up becoming the standard for this game, my extra two would be Princess and Tragic Love: Killed Your Lover, which would fit together pretty well with the whole 'Vampire' bit.

On top of that, if the combination of having a Lolita maid type and the Exhibitionist maid quality isn't quite appropriate for E, my reroll for that got me Heroine, which would switch my highest stat from Luck to Will.  And the reroll for my maid power got me Absolute Maid, which would fit in eerily well with the Exhibitionist quality by making it so that I don't take penalties for not being in full uniform. >>;

Kaedia

Quote from: vin26m on May 10, 2013, 06:54:52 PM
The more I read about this particular RPG, the more I am interested in being the master of the house.  There's an interesting dynamic in that all the maids are working together to please the master, yet they are rewarded individually, and often times arbitrarily, all while the maids work to sabotage each others' efforts.

For example, the maids could be setting up a party in the master's honor.  One of them bakes a cake, but another maid slips something that tastes bad into it, getting the cake making maid into trouble.

If you want to play the master of the house I'm certainly not going to disagree, (^_^). If you do that role we have the most important role covered and we can figure out the rest of the characters. So let me ask you this! How many maids would you want in your character's house and your thoughts on having butlers?
My Status:
Open.

Jaded

When rolling I ended up with a Boyish/Cool Maid who is a cyborg, has the criminal tendencies of a stalker, and binge eats (I'm assuming non-organic stuff ;) ) when stressed.  She is also loyal, but lacks any favour. :P  If we are using weapons, she has a scythe  :o

Name: Melody

Athletics: 3/3 = 1 + 1 = 2
Affection: 2/3 = 0 - 1 = 0
Skill: 7/3 = 2 + 1 - 1 = 2
Cunning: 11/3 = 3 = 3
Luck: 7/3 = 2 = 2
Will: 7/3 = 2 = 2

Maid Type: Boyish, Cool
Maid Uniform: Green
Eye Colour: Purple
Hair Colour: Navy
Special Qualities:
  Criminal Tendencies, Stalker
  Absurd, Cyborg
Maid Roots: Loyalty
Stress Explosion: Binge Eating
Maid Power: Fake Crying (Cunning for Affection)
Favour: 0
Spirit: 20
Weapon: Scythe

vin26m

Quote from: Zefie on May 10, 2013, 09:05:30 PM
If you want to play the master of the house I'm certainly not going to disagree, (^_^). If you do that role we have the most important role covered and we can figure out the rest of the characters. So let me ask you this! How many maids would you want in your character's house and your thoughts on having butlers?

I'm not sure.  My first instinct is to say that I'm not going to limit maids and I'm okay with butlers.  I want to go over the rules some more and come up with scenarios.  There could be one large group thread when the master addresses all the maids along with a bunch of solo threads for specific tasks. 

Kunoichi

*hopes we get Space for the setting if the mansion is randomly-generated*

Kaedia

Quote from: vin26m on May 10, 2013, 10:55:42 PM
I'm not sure.  My first instinct is to say that I'm not going to limit maids and I'm okay with butlers.  I want to go over the rules some more and come up with scenarios.  There could be one large group thread when the master addresses all the maids along with a bunch of solo threads for specific tasks.

Very good point. I like that idea; the 'main' thread with the whole group then more specialized threads for sub-sections. Alrighty then! I'll leave the scenarios in your hands. I'll be reading over the rulebook as well so if you want any feedback or any help at all feel free to message me, (^_^). I'll roll my character up before I go to sleep and post it to the thread.

Alright so unlimited maids and butlers are good to go! I'll update the first post as well when I roll up my character to reflect characters listed so far and people who have shown interest so we have a good idea who's in.
My Status:
Open.

Ayahka

Since I didn't copy the stats for my test maid, I decided to roll up a new one, with stats this time. Say hello to Nona, the high-born orphan otaku catgirl who's very shy but nevertheless wears a transparent uniform, fights with a revolver and sometimes goes on mansion-wrecking rampages!

Athletics:   1
Affection:   1
Skill:   2
Cunning:   2
Luck:   3
Will:   2
Uniform Color:   transparent
Hair Color:   pink
Eye Color:   pink
Maid Types:   Lolita, Lolita
Special Qualities:   Nekomimi, Brown Skin,Shy,Princess,Otaku
Favored Attribute:   Luck
Maid Power:   Karma, Ultimate Menu
Maid Roots:   Orphan
Maid Weapon:   Revolver
Stress Explosion:   Rampage

Your name is Nona. You are 21 years old. You have pink eyes and pink hair, and wear a transparent maid uniform. You are very childlike; others describe you as innocent, sweet and young.

You are a catgirl, possessing a variety of feline features. Your skin is a beautiful, deep brown color. You're exceptionally shy, and have trouble opening up to new people. You are the actually the daughter of a family of even greater standing of the master. You have a tireless obsession with a very specific area of interest; you pursue this interest with little regard for common sense.

You are an orphan adopted by the master or his parents. In combat, you fight with a revolver. When you are extremely upset, you use anything you can lay your hands on to run around destroying things around the mansion. Due to your notable Luck, you have the ability Karma. You can use your Luck to dodge an attack, and if you roll a 10 or higher you cause twice as much Stress to the opponent.

This is so stupid. I love it.  ;D

Kaedia

Took some time and put my character together! I figure (unless someone wants to object and would rather fill the role... which is perfectly fine!) I'll play the head maid of the house.

Telnia; The Head Maid
Telnia (27)
The Head Maid

Appearance

Uniform:
-Cream

Hair:
-Vermillion

Eyes:
-Sky Blue

The Basics

Maid type
-Sexy (Cunning +1/Will -1) and Pure (Affection +1/Cunning -1)

Maid Roots
-Who knows?: You're really not quite sure how you wound up becoming a maid.

Stress Explosion
-Gambling: You use every penny you have for gambling.

Maid Power
-Foreboding: You can tell when something dangerous is coming.

Weapon
-Shuriken/Kunai: You have a seemingly unlimited supply of shuriken (throwing stars), or kunai (ninja throwing knives).
-- Opting for kunais.

Trauma:
-Took part in something bad

Physical Complex:
-Muscular: Even though you don’t try to work out, your body is extremely muscular (or well-defined, if you are smaller). You feel that this is unladylike.
-- Opting for the more 'well defined' route.

Mental Complex:
-Belonging: It seems as though you have nowhere to belong in society or even in the mansion. No matter how desperately you try to find or create such a place, you can’t seem to manage it, and if you were to find it, you’d have a hard time believing it would last.

Attributes

Athletics: 2
Affection: 1 (+ 1) = 2
Skill: 1
Cunning: 2 (+ 1 - 1) = 2
Luck: 2
Will: 2 (- 1) = 1

Special Qualities

-Womanizer: You’re only romantically attracted to members of the same sex, which is fine (and perhaps expected...). But in your case, it’s turned up to “11”.
-Fortuneteller: Within certain limits, you have the ability to predict the future. There are countless methods of divination.
--- I rolled for the basic two quality character. If it is decided to go beyond two then I'll roll for them at that point.

Now to update the main post...
My Status:
Open.

Kaedia

Alright! I got the top post updated! I think I got everyone who has posted a character or claimed a role listed. If you are still interested in playing and haven't yet rolled up a character give it a shot and post it here, (^_^).

Now on to another note; I think we should talk qualities. The default value is two from what I read and can be increased up to five but never any more than six. So... we should decide on how many we want to use! I'm voting for 2 or 3. How does everyone else feel?

We have a wide range of characters already too! We have a fortune telling lesbian,  a seemingly exhibitionist cat-girl, a stalking cyborg, and a magical teleporting vampire... just your average day at the mansion.

@Kunoichi About the lolita quality. I did some double checking in the manual and found out lolita would be E safe. Its meaning in maid isn't the usual standard meaning. I'll copy and paste the definition for you. In the end it's up to you if you want to alter that trait out of your character. No one will force you to keep it, (^_^).

QuoteLolita: As most folks who have seen a few anime know,
this foreign loanword was adopted in Japanese to mean
“child-like”. You’ll see it here and there throughout the book,
like in the “Maid Type Chart”. A “Lolita” character could in
fact be a child, or it could simply mean an adult with childish
or innocent personality types: Pouty, quick to anger, won’t
listen to reason, naive, selfish, very cute, sickly sweet. Also,
anime is filled with characters that act childlike with their
“outside face”, but inside are scheming and manipulative.

So for E standards it would simply mean your character has child-like qualities such as she is quick to anger or pouts a lot. Something like that. Doesn't mean she has to actually be a child.
My Status:
Open.

Yukina

I would like to play, though I would need some help learning the roots.

vin26m

Few things.

Since I'm GM'ing this, I set up an OOC thread here:

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=173767.0

It has character generation rules, as well as how character sheets should look (really simple to make for players and easy for me to read).

Zefie, please put the link in the first post.  Thanks!

SSJ4Gojeta

I too would be interested in joining, if you'll have me.

hablod

If more players are still welcome, I'm willing to play this. Rolling a character sheet for a maid, but if the scenario ends up needing more butlers, I won't mind playing one instead.

vin26m

Quote from: hablod on May 11, 2013, 11:32:19 AM
If more players are still welcome, I'm willing to play this. Rolling a character sheet for a maid, but if the scenario ends up needing more butlers, I won't mind playing one instead.

After reading the rules, I changed my mind.  Everyone plays a maid.

See post 21 for the link to the OOC thread.