[D&D 5e] Planar Supernatural School For Gifted Adventurers [Closed for now!]

Started by Blythe, October 14, 2015, 05:20:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lyku

Every great dream begins with a dreamer.  Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.  – Harriet Tubman

Blythe

Quote from: Lyku on October 16, 2015, 05:36:53 PM
Maybe I should go cleric...

Your Fighter sheet's been approved and formatted. I need a few more small details to round it out, but stats-wise, this is a go. I need height, weight, sexual orientation, a deity (if your character has one), and a small background blurb, just maybe a little paragraph about your character. Nothing fancy. But regardless, stats approved.

Currently reviewing next sheet that was submitted, which is Sain's. Sain's should not take long as it's already in the forum format I'd like for those not using mythweavers. After this is ShadowFox89.

Blythe

Quote from: BAMF on October 16, 2015, 05:27:24 PM
My wizard might turn into a druid. >.>

Also, hey, Sherlock, could I re-roll that set that's basically the starting array?

...not really a fan of re-rolling things close to/nearly same as standard array, but I've allowed others to have rerolls, so go ahead. But if the next set doesn't turn out, standard array it is.

Quote from: AndyZ on October 16, 2015, 04:01:12 PM
Dang but this has filled up.  What classes are still unclaimed?

The only class I'm encouraging folks away from right now is warlock, but we could stand more clerics, druids, and rangers. But you can go for anything that is not warlock.

ShadowFox89

Since this is a somewhat sandboxy game, would you be interested in letting people run 1-shot dungeons for groups?
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Blythe

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on October 16, 2015, 06:21:11 PM
Since this is a somewhat sandboxy game, would you be interested in letting people run 1-shot dungeons for groups?

This is interesting and I'd be willing to consider it (gives people not in class, adult scenes, or one-month plot events another option), given that those who want to run it clear concepts and such for their 1-shots by me first.

Mr L

I trust that my stat block is approved? Didn't see any references to it. <.<
O/Os | A/As | | My Ideas I have taken the Oath of the Drake

Blythe

Quote from: Mr L on October 16, 2015, 06:35:51 PM
I trust that my stat block is approved? Didn't see any references to it. <.<

So many posts--I keep missing a few!

For people--if I haven't replied to your post, I'm not ignoring you, I promise. I may have missed it. Poke me in PM or here again about that.

And yes, your stat block is okay Mr L.

Sain's Sheet is now approved. Only needed to tweak a few format things and a typo here or there, but the numbers looked solid. :)

Also, note for people--having some allergies and whatnot so again, bit spacey. May need poked to do things/answer questions.

Mr L

Quote from: Sherlock on October 16, 2015, 06:40:31 PM
So many posts--I keep missing a few!

For people--if I haven't replied to your post, I'm not ignoring you, I promise. I may have missed it. Poke me in PM or here again about that.

And yes, your stat block is okay Mr L.

Sain's Sheet is now approved. Only needed to tweak a few format things and a typo here or there, but the numbers looked solid. :)

Also, note for people--having some allergies and whatnot so again, bit spacey. May need poked to do things/answer questions.

Is fine, just glad that I can take off the modifiers for her cs. <_< Will work on her more after I finish a post for the other game.

ShadowFox89

Quote from: Sherlock on October 16, 2015, 06:24:08 PM
This is interesting and I'd be willing to consider it (gives people not in class, adult scenes, or one-month plot events another option), given that those who want to run it clear concepts and such for their 1-shots by me first.

Awesome ^^'

I'm half-tempted to stat up the archmage that brought Calypso to the academy to act as a go-to NPC for running dungeons >.>
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Mr L

Well, my PDF viewer decided it doesn't want to work with me...so I can't finish her w/o restarting or bugging BAMFy to let me use their comp...brb will restart.

Also, decided on just using the 'outfit' picture for Bianca herself.

ShadowFox89

Call me Shadow
My A/A

Mr L

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on October 16, 2015, 11:12:48 PM
This might help things: https://www.reddit.com/r/dndnext/wiki/resourcelist

Free, legal, downloads for 5e.

I appreciate the effort :) It's not that I don't have the books on my computer, it's just that I use one PDF reader and it for some reason doesn't want to work, using adobe to look at it. Torn between using the starting wealth to determine stuff picked up and helping BAMF with their barbie's gear.

Question to people who understand the arcane focus. If my wizard uses one that takes a hand to hold, does the other hand have to be free, or can the focus hand count as free for the sake of casting? Then if nothing else, could a crystal focus be put on a necklace? I need to learn to read...

BAMF

....That barbarian is growling in your general direction, babe.
»O/O’s«»Ideas«»A/A's«
Great things are done
by a series of small things
brought together.

»Vincent Van Gogh«

Bibliophilia

-is so into this idea.-  I'm gonna sleep, try to regain mental functionality and then read through the PHB.  Probably look at pretty pictures to gain inspiration.

-drags myself to bed.-

Chulanowa

Radalanyia
Player:ChulanowaCharacter Name:Radalanyia
Class:MonkLevel:1st
Race:Water GenasiBackground:Hermit
Alignment:Neutral GoodAge:19
Height:5' 6"Weight:124
Experience:0Deity:Gozreh

~Abilities~
STR12 (+1)DEX17 (+3)CON18 (+4)
INT12 (+1)WIS18 (+4)CHA15 (+2)

HP: 12 / 12AC:17
Speed:30' land, 30' swimInitiative:+3
Proficiency Bonus:+2 Passive Perception:14

~Weapons and Magic~
Weapon Attacks

Weapon:Unarmed strikeType:MeleeRange-Attack Bonus:(+5)Damage:1d4+3
Weapon:QuarterstaffType:MeleeRange-Attack Bonus:(+5)Damage:1d6+3 (1d8+3v)
Weapon:ShurikenType:RangedRange20 / 60Attack Bonus:(+5)Damage:1d4+3
|
Spells
Spellcasting Ability:StuffSpell Save DC:Stuff (Stuff + Stuff + Stuff) Spell Attack Bonus:(+Stuff +Stuff + Stuff)

~Skills, Proficiencies, Items~
Skills

LanguagesCommonPrimordialSylvan
STR
Athletics(+1)
DEX
Acrobatics(+5)Sleight of Hand(+3)Stealth:(+3)
INT
Arcana:(+1)History:(+1)Investigation:(+1)Nature:(+1)Religion:(+3)
WIS
Animal Handling:(+4)Insight:(+6)Medicine:(+6)Perception:(+4)Survival:(+4)
CHA
Deception:(+2)Intimidation:(+2)Performance:(+2)Persuasion:(+2)
|
Proficiencies
Tool Proficiencies:Musical instrument (oud), Herbalism Kit,
Weapon Proficiencies:Short swords, simple weapons
Armor ProficienciesNone
Saves:Strength (+3)Dexterity (+3
|
Equipment & Currency
Winter blanket, Overstuffed scroll case, Common (but highly impractical) clothes,
herbalism kit, quarterstaff, darts (10),

~Currency and Treasure~
Pouch with 5 GP

~Features~
Racial Qualities
Ability Scores: Water Genasi gain +2 con and +1 wis.
Size: Genasi are medium size.
Speed: Base move speed is 30'. Water Genasi gain a swim speed of 30'
Amphibious: Can breathe both air and water
Acid resistance: Water genasi are resistant to acid damage
Call to the Wave: Knows and can cast Shape Water as a cantrip. At 3rd level, can cast Create or Destroy Water as 2nd-level spell. Both abilities use Con as spellcasting stat.
Shape Water
Shape Water
Transmutation cantrip
Casting Time: 1 action
Range: 30 feet
Components: S
Duration: Instantaneous or 1 hour (see below)
You choose an area of water that you can see within
range and that fits within a 5-foot cube. You manipulate
it in one of the following ways:
• You instantaneously move or otherwise change the
flow of the water as you direct, up to 5 feet in any
direction. This movement doesn’t have enough force
to cause damage.
• You cause the water to form into simple shapes
and animate at your direction. This change
lasts for 1 hour.
• You change the water’s color or opacity. The water
must be changed in the same way throughout. This
change lasts for 1 hour.
• You freeze the water, provided that there are no creatures
in it. The water unfreezes in 1 hour.
If you cast this spell multiple times, you can have no
more than two of its non-instantaneous effects active at
a time, and you can dismiss such an effect as an action
|
Class Features
Unarmored Defense: While unarmored and not using a shield, a monk's AC is 10 + Dex Mod + Wis Mod
Martial Arts: While unarmed, not using a shield, and unarmed or wielding "monk" weapons, a monk...
• Can use Dexterity instead of Strength for attack and damage rolls with unarmed strikes and melee weapons
• Roll 1d4 for damage on unarmed strikes, instead of regular damage (increases by monk level)
• Can gain a bonus attack with an unarmed strike on any turn they used a monk weapon or unarmed strike to attack, if they have not already used a bonus action that turn
|
Hermit Stuff
Feature -Discovery: The quiet seclusion of your extended hermitage gave you access to a unique and powerful discovery. The exact nature of this revelation depends on the nature of your seclusion. It might be a great truth about the cosmos, the deities, the powerful beings of the outer planes, or the forces of nature. It could be a site that no one else has ever seen. You might have uncovered a fact that has long been forgotten, or unearthed some relic of the past that could rewrite history. It might be information that would be damaging to the people who or consigned you to exile, and hence the reason for your return to society. Work with your DM to determine the details of your discovery and its impact on the campaign.
Characteristics
• Personality: I feel tremendous empathy for all who suffer.
• Ideal: Curiosity and inquiry are the pillars of progress!
• Bond: I'm still seeking the enlightenment I pursued in my seclusion, and it still eludes me...
• Flaw: Now that I've returned to the world, I enjoy its delights a little too much
|
Stuff
Stuff.
|
Stuff
Stuff
|
Stuff
Stuff

~Additional~
Background

Rada was a foundling, left on the steps of the Tar-Belan monastery far to the south. It was appropriate that the udine child was taken in by monks of the bridge Temple. she grew up like the other children, learning to focus on tasks and labor, respect for elders, and the like.
   In one way though, she was very unlike other children if the temple; two generations of acolytes passed through their naming ceremonies, trading childish names like 'Piglet" or "Two Buckets" for true names blessed by the abbot. Rada - "Clamshell" at the time - could only watch them. But this was a lesson; things happen when they happen and there is no rushing them. Things like coming into the powers of an undine.
   For a time, Rada stayed with the monks, but the pull of the river below the temple was too great; it spoke of places beyond the mossy walls of the monastery, of people far and near. With a last goodbye to her masters, she dove into the water. and swam as far down the river as she could go.
   Rada is a wanderer now; She seeks her own enlightenment through the lives of others around her. By studying with them, working with them, for good and evil, right and wrong, she can learn about the condition of living. And knowledge of life is the first step towards transcending its limitations.
|
Persona
   One might think of monks as quiet contemplatives; maybe some are. Rada is not. She's something of an eager beaver, driven to learn, and often left in wonder by seemingly simple things; if you spent eighty years in a monastery, you might be a little dazzled by a show of horsemanship, yourself! She's out to absorb experiences, to collect them all together, to learn about the world and what it contains. Above all she seeks understanding.
   She's adaptable and resilient; Her long time with the monks of the holy river has left her with a very accepting sort of nature; the water adapts, and so then must she. The river moves and changes and none can stop it; so it is with her.
|
Theme song
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iakTl9SZTTY (linked for kidlet ~Staff)
I HAVE NO REGRETS!

Mr L

So, for the sake of study and knowledge gains, would it be too far fetched for the school to be able to supply some materials for spellcasters for their spells (like the 50 gp diamond for Chromatic Orb)?

Otherwise, if we go with the buying stuff manually, do we still have to roll or can we assume max?

BAMF

»O/O’s«»Ideas«»A/A's«
Great things are done
brought together.

»Vincent Van Gogh«

BAMF

»O/O’s«»Ideas«»A/A's«
Great things are done
brought together.

»Vincent Van Gogh«

Chulanowa

BAMF

I'm gonna have the new MLP theme stuck in my head now. It's all your fault.

Edit: Update, barbarian is almost done. Just need to write up her background all pretty-like. The half-elf needs to figure out what the fuck he is before I can really work on him.
»O/O’s«»Ideas«»A/A's«
Great things are done
brought together.

»Vincent Van Gogh«

Sain

Sherlock, the AC 18 was from heavy armor + shield, not plate. Not that I'd mind him having a plate from somewhere :D
PM box is open. So is my discord: Sain#5301

Hexed

It's winding up taking a tad longer then I thought to work though the character creation.

But here's one of them mechanically at least for those that know the system better to prod.
I'll work on personality, backstory and forum format when I'm back later.

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=591705

TheFourthShade

I was thinking of playing a halfling and had a halfway decent request to pitch, should I do it in this thread or in a PM with you?  Not gonna do it now because I gotta pass out before my next shift, but I'll probably have it up this afternoon and be ready to char gen if approved/use another idea if disapproved.