Juliet Seeks Romeo [UN]

Started by Bliss, March 06, 2009, 08:43:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bliss

I'm itching to play a game on the theme of Romeo and Juliet - young love at first side, drawn inexorably to each other but kept apart by families and circumstance. I'd like a fantasy medieval setting; magic optional, depending on my writing partner's preference. There's a heartwrenching love story wanting to be told, with lots of room for intrigue, stolen moments and sweet lovemaking, forced marriages and non-con, dueling, banishment...

Okay, so apparently I'm looking for something bordering on romance novel epic here.

Who is interested?

Edit: Fleshed out some more as below:

I'm thinking a fantasy medieval setting, with the potential for magic, although that's not a requirement. Possibly the two families are rivals in line for the throne, perhaps there's an ages-old grudge that they refuse to forgive. Elements that I would like to see include the initial meeting in a masqued ball; revelations of family/household loyalties at a midnight unmasking. Subsequent struggles with both of them internally, torn between undeniable attraction and duty to their families. Succumbing to desire - passionate, secret lovemaking.

Eventually, I forsee someone in one or both families catching wind of their visits, and arranging a marriage that she can't refuse, and subsequent reluctant or even nonconsentual consummation of the marriage - which would bring the revelation that she was not a virgin for the marriage. Using sex as a weapon against her, making threats against the lover, at some point a duel scene - perhaps covert at first, in the form of asking for dances at a ball, and then overt after some insult, imagined or real.
O/O ~ Wiki ~ A/A ~ Discord: Bliss#0337
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3

Caeli

I'm interested in reading, if and when you get this running. >.<

-is a total sucker for romance novels-
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

Amberghylles

Oh... sounds interesting... but then all of your ideas interest me.  *grins*

Bliss

Quote from: Caeli on March 06, 2009, 08:53:33 AM
I'm interested in reading, if and when you get this running. >.<

-is a total sucker for romance novels-

If When this gets up, I'll send you a link. :D

Quote from: Amberghylles on March 06, 2009, 09:02:28 AM
Oh... sounds interesting... but then all of your ideas interest me.  *grins*

YOU and me and Miss Caeli still have a game to work out, as I recall!
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3

Amberghylles

Quote from: Bliss on March 06, 2009, 09:25:22 AM
YOU and me and Miss Caeli still have a game to work out, as I recall!

Indeed...  *goes to dig out the PMs about that one*

Fragile Dreams

Damn, i'm too late. And i really wanted to play something like this.

[tr]
[td]
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

Bliss

You aren't too late; I haven't settled on a writing partner yet for this one.

If you're interested, PM me.
Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3

PeacethatPowerbrings

I'm interested, if you're still looking.
I am filled with recollections of lives I have not lived.

Bliss

Send me a PM and we'll talk. :)
Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3

MusicNeverDies

This still a possibility?

*spams*