The Saiyans are coming! [Recruitment Closed]

Started by Primarch, February 15, 2013, 11:21:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Primarch

"Everything that's been said here today has been transmitted to my two Saiyan comrades, deep in Outer space. When they learn that I've been killed, they'll come to avenge me. They'll wipe you out. You and every living thing on this planet. You won't have a chance, you're as good as dead already. One year, one short year." - The last words of the first Saiyan invader, Raditz.

In the year on March 21st, 2012 Earth had its first confirmed alien visitor. What appeared to be a remarkably human looking male identified itself as Raditz and was searching for 'Kakarot,' an entity that has still not been identified. Raditz proved himself to be on Earth with hostile intentions when he proceeded to go on an extremely destructive warpath, before being confronted by five individuals whom were able to do what quickly assembled Earth military forces could not do. They killed the alien invader, but not before he gave a dire warning. The five individuals went to prepare.

Now it is February 15th, 2013. The Saiyans are early. On they're arrival they instantly obliterate Johannesburg, killing over a million people. Now on a dusty plain the only five people that stand a chance prepare to face off against the invaders. They've spent eleven months preparing. They are not prepared.

Okay, so the plan here is an AU DBZ game set in modern day real Earth where 5 people have come together to fight the infamous Nappa & Vegeta. I'll be GMing the game and will be using an invisible system. You never need worry about it, you just RP and I'll determine how actions are resolved behind the wizard's curtain. You'll all be assigned a Power Level based on your application, but you won't be informed what it is until a scouter picks it up. This is currently planned to be a stand alone game, resolving the 'Saiyan Saga' but depending on how it goes it might continue.

A couple of notes:

• There is no Goku: This game doesn't have a Goku, you're the heroes. If a Saiyan pod landed on Earth, the baby inside died or was lost in obscurity and never became Goku.
  • You can manipulate Ki: Regardless of your characters origins, no matter what country your character comes from, they have learned to manipulate ki (even if they refer to it as something else). All characters can fly, project ki and 'feel' the ki output of others, and reduce their own ki output.
  • Players will need to make decisions on when to conserve strength and when to go all out. Characters can get fatigued or exhausted if they max out too much, but can also be outclasses to varying degrees if not putting in enough effort. In a similar manner that Freiza's output was given a percentage of his maximum, players will tag their post with what percentage they are using for that post. Increasing output by more then 5% in one post requires time dedicated to doing so.
  • All PCs will be human.
  • PM Applications only please

Character App:
Name:
Height:
Weight:
Appearance: If you are using more then one image, please take one main image and put any others in spoiler tags under the main.

Combat You have 20 points to spend to determine your characters proficiency with any selected martial art/combat style. The costs are as follows
Basic 1 Point :: Trained 2 Points :: Experienced 3 Points :: Expert 4 Points :: Master 5 Points :: World Authority 6 Points
You may have one at level 6. As it comes up so often, please remember 'MMA' isn't a martial art. Its martial arts mixed together. Its in the name.

Signature Attacks: Anything from a physical combo or ki attack. Once again you have 20 points to distribute. More points require more ki investment or cause greater physical strain, but also increase effectiveness. On character approval I will give you a bonus/penalty for at least one signature attack. Please just describe what the ability is, don't include its result (ex, 'powerful enough to destroy a city').

Backstory: 

[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Nationality:[/b]
[b]Height:[/b]
[b]Weight:[/b]
[b]Appearance:[/b]

[b]Combat[/b]

[b]Signature Attacks:[/b]

[b]Backstory:[/b]

As stated, this game has 5 slots. First come, first served on approval. I'll inform here as slots are taken.
Slot 1: TAKEN - MzHyde
Slot 2: Open
Slot 3: TAKEN - Zaer Darkwail
Slot 4: TAKEN - AidenWhite
Slot 5: TAKEN - ShadowFox98
Slot 6: TAKEN - Tenshinhan

Any questions, comments or suggestions are welcome.

Primarch

Koyume

So, a little clarification: can the characters be aliens?

Primarch

Quote from: Koyume on February 15, 2013, 06:08:02 PM
So, a little clarification: can the characters be aliens?

As stated above, all PCs will be human.

Koyume

Whoops, glossed over that part. So basically all the characters are more or less Yamcha or Krillin-esque?

Primarch

Quote from: Koyume on February 15, 2013, 06:11:24 PM
Whoops, glossed over that part. So basically all the characters are more or less Yamcha or Krillin-esque?

The players will have a higher average power level then the humans of DBZ Earth that faced Nappa & Vegeta, the game doesn't have a Goku but there still needs to be the idea that the team can win if they band together and play smart.

But I wouldn't personally make a comparison to Yamcha or Krillin, this is an AU OC game set in modern day real Earth as opposed to DBZ "Dragon World/Earth."

Primarch

Second slot taken. 6th Slot has been added however, as something occurred to me.

Anyway, c'mon where are the guys? You going to leave it to the women to save Earth from the Saiyans? 

ShadowFox89

Everyone wants to seduce Vegeta and repopulate the saiyan race.

Dibs on Vegeta!
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Jag

I'm more of a Piccolo, Pikkon, Cell girl here. I like the green men. Everyone else can have Vegeta. :P
Ons/Offs // Request Thread (Updated 3/10/24) // Slow to Reply at the Moment

Primarch

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on February 15, 2013, 09:48:06 PM
Everyone wants to seduce Vegeta and repopulate the saiyan race.

Dibs on Vegeta!

Pfft, he's a GM character.

Quote from: Michi No Sora on February 15, 2013, 09:49:16 PM
I'm more of a Piccolo, Pikkon, Cell girl here. I like the green men. Everyone else can have Vegeta. :P

Love me some green, be all up in the strip club making it rain when one of those photosynthesis hotties is on the pole.

ShadowFox89

Hmmm... I think I'll make a male for this!

Hope you don't mind a sheet coming in with bits and pieces...
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Primarch

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on February 15, 2013, 10:15:47 PM
Hmmm... I think I'll make a male for this!

Hope you don't mind a sheet coming in with bits and pieces...

Unless there's something you need assistance with, please finish it first. Its 4:25 AM where I am so I'm leaving in about 30 seconds anyway. If you do need assistance, then by all means. I'll help anyway I can.

ShadowFox89

Alright. Quick question then- Earth-world geography?
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Primarch

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on February 15, 2013, 10:31:03 PM
Alright. Quick question then- Earth-world geography?

Yes. For all intents and purposes, this game is set in the modern world in all capacities. The arrival of Raditz one year ago is the catalyst for anything fantastical or futuristic. Before his arrival, Earth's population was largely ignorant for anything beyond the mundane and this games characters will be the first notable humans.

ShadowFox89

Ki manipulation or no? I plan on my guy being rather passive, using an opponent's energy against them.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Primarch

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on February 15, 2013, 10:36:53 PM
Ki manipulation or no? I plan on my guy being rather passive, using an opponent's energy against them.

As stated in the OP, the PCs can all project & detect ki and fly. The knowledge of ki is known to an extremely privileged (and talented) few.

Jag

Quote from: Primarch on February 15, 2013, 09:54:13 PM
Love me some green, be all up in the strip club making it rain when one of those photosynthesis hotties is on the pole.

*gigglesnorts*

I really do have an unhealthy obsession with Piccolo. I think it's the fact that I know due to his species he will likely never have intimate feelings for anyone. The whole 'want what you can't have' idea. >.<

Primarch

While the characters all met during the fight against Raditz, feel free to plot amongst yourselves if your characters have any further history or connection, be it before or after Raditz.

ShadowFox89

Kinda hard if we don't know who anyone else is.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Primarch

I'll get a character thread up when we have a pair more approved. In the mean time, people can feel free to post up what they want other people to know about their characters (having a some secrets and surprises is always fun!)

Jag

Well, for those that want to know, my character is a rather quiet woman that keeps to herself. She grew up in rural Thailand and she's quite the kick boxer. *nods*

ShadowFox89

Well, I plan for my gal to be a French master of Wing Chun, fairly passive and a "roll with the blows" sort of girl.

Might make a guy though. Dunno.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Jag

My girl, named Pakpoa, is trained in Muay Thai, Muay Boran, Aikido, and Tán Tui...but I won't tell you which one she's best at. Got to keep some secrets. In my head, she has a rather big attitude. Mostly in her own mind though. She'd sooner ignore someone than belittle them. Just allow them to live in what she believes to be their own personal ignorance. ^__^

ShadowFox89

Ooooh, might have a bit of commonality there. My character is going to have Wing Chun, Aikido, Savat, and Shequan.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Jag

Possibly, but that does not mean they will get along. >.<