Must See movies of 2011

Started by Callie Del Noire, January 05, 2011, 12:08:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dizzi

Quote from: Sinful Intention on January 15, 2011, 01:32:42 AM
I'm there!  Dragging some friends too.  Shaun of the Dead was very good and Hot Fuzz was just freaking genius in it's spoof on action comedies while still being original.  Now their doing the alien thing, I love it!
Yeah, but they were both directed by Edgar Wright.  this is not.

Quote from: Cybrewaste on January 13, 2011, 02:41:46 AM
Driving angry looks like a really really bad movie.

So bad It might actually be funny. :D
I saw a scene online that was release.  Nick Cage.  Having sex with a woman.  And in a gun fight at the same time.  Wow...

Hemingway

Hmm. True Grit hasn't been released here yet ( not until ... tomorrow! ), so ... does it count?

Because aside from that, looking over the list of this year's movies ( admittedly, the list I looked at might be incomplete and inaccurate ), there really is nothing that manages to excite me to the point of "must see".

Miss Lilly

Just saw Unkown with Liam Neesom.  Excellent! *thumbs up*
Want to get wild in the west?
Visit Lola's!

Callie Del Noire

Nadir

They need the Misfits to give them a hand.

Diabolus Lupus

Gotta throw a few more up here. ^^

Beastly- Is really good
Rango- Looks funny
Hop- Looks funny in an animated furry creature kinda way

Callie Del Noire

little princess

I really want to see paul and beastly

Wolfy

Paul and Rango are definite must sees. :D

Morrowclaw

I wanna see Sucker Punch, Take me home tonight and Real Steel.

Real Steel Official Trailer (2011) - HD
Partly for the hell of it
Solely out of boredom
Mostly for the story

Callie Del Noire

Mithlomwen

I cannot wait to see Green Lantern. 

There are so many movies I'm excited about seeing.  Cowboys vs. Aliens, The new Transformers, the new Fast and Furious,  the final Harry Potter, The Eagle looks really good....I could go on and on and on....

So many movies....so little time! 
Baby, it's all I know,
that your half of the flesh and blood that makes me whole...

Yanagrl

For those of you with Sucker Punch on your list:  I saw it last weekend and I LOVED it.  I thought it was amazing. <3  I saw it in IMAX so it was really intensely loud, but I think I'll probably buy it when it comes out.

Also, I can't wait for Thor! <3

Wolfy

Hopefully, I'll be going to see both Arthur and Your Highness tommorow. :D

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Yanagrl on April 07, 2011, 02:52:12 PM
For those of you with Sucker Punch on your list:  I saw it last weekend and I LOVED it.  I thought it was amazing. <3  I saw it in IMAX so it was really intensely loud, but I think I'll probably buy it when it comes out.

Also, I can't wait for Thor! <3

I liked it.. but it was  a bit sad when consider what is REALLY happening when she is 'dancing.'

Belle33

Recommendations:

Sucker Punch:  I love it when the women kick ass.  The fight scenes are fantastic.
Limitless:  I'm a Bradley Cooper (yumm) fan - this is an interesting look at one's potential.

Looking forward to:
The Priest:  This looks like nothing I've ever seen before.  Vampires, Cowboys, Monks....sounds good.
Green Lantern:  Two words, Ryan Reynolds, I could care less if the plot is interesting
Final Harry Potter (though I wanted Hrry and Hermoine to end up together)
Arthur:  This looks to be so funny - I think it starts tomorrow - so yay!

Ons/Offs, Stories & Poems, Currently Not Available for RP

Oniya

For all those interested in Arthur:  This is a remake of a 1981 movie starring Dudley Moore and Liza Minelli.  http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0082031/  It's probably already available on Netflix and other movie rental sources.

ARTHUR (1981): Best That You Can Do *Arthur's Theme*
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Wykyd

Belle ~ I have to agree with you...Bradley Cooper - YUM! I can't wait to see Limitless!

I also want to see the new Red Riding Hood movie. It looks very sumptuous!

Wolfy

Quote from: Wykyd on April 08, 2011, 09:08:02 PM
Belle ~ I have to agree with you...Bradley Cooper - YUM! I can't wait to see Limitless!

I also want to see the new Red Riding Hood movie. It looks very sumptuous!

It's Twilight 4 with a different name.

:D

Also, for anyone interested:

http://blip.tv/play/AYKq_BIC
http://blip.tv/play/AYKrwRwC

Bum Reviews for Red Riding Hood and Rango.

Morrowclaw

Partly for the hell of it
Solely out of boredom
Mostly for the story

Diabolus Lupus

For those that are interested, Arthur was good really funny. And of course Fast Five is awesome. I recommend sitting through the credits if you have an inclination to leave as soon as they start rolling.

Callie Del Noire

Thor.. nice.. for those who go.. STAY FOR THE CREDITS.