The Missing Prisoners (Interest check)

Started by Xanthaine, January 21, 2012, 01:16:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xanthaine

October 17th, year 3302, quadrant 77-z.

The UPC Dauntless, serial 77EHU-280Z, went missing near Kallrath II, there was no report from the crew and no automated defense call. The signature vanished. No trace was found of the Dauntless, her crew or her cargo of convicts, calculating... calculating... calculated 95% likelihood of death, dispensing condolences to families and accepted tithe and insurance level. Dispensed.

September 1st, year 3310, quadrant 77-z.

The UPC Dauntless, serial 77EHU-280Z, was found drifting five systems away from it's initial point of absence near Kallrath II, all crew were found [deceased] with no sign of the cargo [convicts] anywhere, system calculating possible hypotheses... error 404... prisoner escape 100% impossible... hypothesis not found.
- record from the United Penitentiary Commission central computer.

"Kallrath II, the city planet and capital of the Kallrathian System, and seat of the Kallrathian Empire, a hub of commerce across the galaxy. From the Cloud District, the upper walkways where the ambassadors, politicians and diplomats from across the known universe gather for neutral discussions to the widely used trade hub of the Horizon district. Finally the Ground District, a dodgy area where almost anything goes... to the Warren, an underground district where the black market, illegal clubs and so on..."

- Excerpt from 'A study on Culture, the Kallrathian Empire, Volume 1' by Zguzu'isai.

You remember being transported... past the Kallrath system... when suddenly everything went black... the next thing you knew... you woke up on Kallrath II, alone and in rags...

Okay, well I was thinking this would be semi freeform, with a kind of loose plat arc in the middle there. Alien races are yours to create within reason, and I'm open to ideas to make this good for everyone. If I get any interest I'll stick up some character sheets soonish. <3

Miyu

I may be interested, I will see how this goes up or down and I will tell you if I am in ^-^

HollowX

What type of prison was it? Was it for major criminals or normals ones? And we would all be playing prisoners right?

Xanthaine

Quote from: HollowX on January 21, 2012, 02:57:00 PM
What type of prison was it? Was it for major criminals or normals ones? And we would all be playing prisoners right?

The prison system would have anything from six months incarceration for theft to lifetime for more nasty things, feel free to use your imagination for your reasons... I'd love to see someone arrested on a world where wearing gloves is illegal for wearing gloves. :-P And yes, you would all be prisoners in one form or another... whether you actually did what you were imprisoned for is up to you, you may have just been in the wrong place at the wrong time... or framed.

MagicalPen

As prisoners, would we know what happened? Are we still being held as prisoners?

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Looking/Available for New Games

Xanthaine

Quote from: MagicalPen on January 21, 2012, 09:47:26 PM
As prisoners, would we know what happened? Are we still being held as prisoners?

You blacked out on the transport ship and awoke on Kallrath II with no memory of the time lapse, you're presumed dead, so no warrants or anything anymore... essentially you don't exist officially anymore... kind of... deal... hard to explain I guess... but no, you're free, since no one knows you're alive. :)

playfullchick76

Im curious about this one as well, i could be interested.

MagicalPen

Ok, so for whatever reason, we're free on a backworld sorta place then where the criminal element is large and powerful.

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Looking/Available for New Games

Xanthaine

Quote from: MagicalPen on January 22, 2012, 07:58:48 AM
Ok, so for whatever reason, we're free on a backworld sorta place then where the criminal element is large and powerful.

Exactly... now why couldn't I have put it like that? :s

playfullchick76

Lol, either way, im looking forward to it.

MarissaSeraphOfInsanity

Oh, you can definitely colour me curious! ;D
"She is all the great heroines of the world in one. She is more than an individual. I love her, and I must make her love me. I want to make Romeo jealous. I want the dead lovers of the world to hear our laughter, and grow sad. I want a breath of our passion to stir dust into consciousness, to wake their ashes in pain."

Can You Cast Me Far From Grace? ~ Ons and Offs (WIP)

Sic Transit Seraphim ~ Apologies, Absences and Admiral Ackbar

Xanthaine

Aaaaaaand... here's the character template, feel free to be creative, within reason. :-)

Name:

Species:

Species notes: (If anything but human, just so we have a vague idea of culture and/or abilities)

Age: (In earth years and rough local equivalent. e.g: 5000 earth 45 local)

Sexuality:

Homeworld:

Appearance: (Picture and/or description)

Biography:

Other notes: