News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

LFG for Final Fantasy D6 (Recruitment is closed)

Started by Zaer Darkwail, March 08, 2015, 12:04:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angie

Avatar is by Lemonfont. Will remove it if he asks me to.

Come check the Cyberpunk Images Thread!

slowmojoe

Quote from: Latooni Subota on March 16, 2015, 11:54:09 PM
Posted by me, all credit belongs to my beloved friend Lorkhan who is awesome and I love her. I only helped with playtesting and a few Prestige Classes.

I have too many concepts, so I'll try and narrow things down over the next day or two.

So sorry Latooni Subota. Please forgive me! :( I can only say I was affected by lack of sleep. I have corrected my post to prevent even more confusion.
I'm so glad at least somebody reads through the horsepile I've made of this so far.

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

PLAYER NAME: AndyZ
LEVEL: 1
RACE: Viera if I can find a picture I like
JOB: Entertainer
CHARACTER NAME:
PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION:
SHORT TERM GOALS:
LIFE GOALS:
FLAVOR QUOTE: Next time you'll dance the dance, baby!

DESTINY POINTS: 1

ATTRIBUTES:(MIN 3; MAX 20) 25 to start, cost is 1:1
PWR: 4
RES: 5
DEX: 10
MND: 6

HP: 19
MP: 8

FORCE: 2
FINESS: 4

ARM: 2
M.ARM: 6

EQUIPMENT:
R.HAND: NAME/ ACCURACY/ATTRIBUTE/ DAMAGE/ PROPERTIES
L.HAND: NAME/ ACCURACY/ATTRIBUTE/ DAMAGE/ PROPERTIES
SHIELD: NAME/ ARM/ MARM/ PROPERTIES
ARMOR: Cotton Dress/ +2 ARM/ +6 MARM/ -
ACCESSORY: NAME/ PROPERTIES

SKILLS:
-STARTING SKILL POINTS ARE PER JOB 24
-ONLY LIST IF ABOVE 0
-SKILL CAP: (1+LVL) /2 + FINESS OR FORCE PER ERRATA, USE HIGHER OF THE TWO IF ATTRIBUTE LISTED IS BOTH)

SKILL         ATTRIBUTE
Athletics              Force
Acting         Finesse
Awareness              Force/Finesse
Escape         Force/Finesse
Healing         Force/Finesse
Inquiry         Force/Finesse
Languages              Finesse
Lore(X)         Finesse
Mercantile         Force/Finesse
Nature         Force/Finesse
Negotiation      Force/Finesse
Perform         Force/Finesse
Scavenge              Force
Stealth         Finesse
Swimming              Force
Synthesis(X)*      Force/Finesse
Systems         Finesse
Thievery              Finesse
Vehicles              Force/Finesse

ABILITIES: (INNATE JOB ABILITY, PLUS 2 OF YOUR CHOICE)

From the Heart, Power Chord, Weapon of Choice

SPELLS: (AS ALLOWED PER CLASS, 2 NOVICE SPELLS TO START)

EQUIPMENT: (TIER 1 IS AVAILABLE TO START)

INVENTORY: (Start with 500gil to spend on equipment)

Looks good Andy,
to answer your question, your skill cap in a given skill is not only affected by your level but also either force or finesse, depending on the skill.
If both are listed, then you use the higher of the two.

Therefore your skill cap for Force based is 3, and Finesse based is 5

EX: Acting and Awarness cap for you at 5. Athletics cap for you at 3.

Florence

I think I could squeeze time into my schedule to play this! I've been itching for it.

I'm running a group game (as you already know, Zaer :P), but seriously... I've been wanting to play a game of Final Fantasy D6 for aaaages!

So I can toss up a character if there's still room :o
O/O: I was going to make a barebones F-list as a rough summary, but then it logged me out and I lost my progress, so I made a VERY barebones F-list instead: Here.

Eislynn

Florence

Quote from: Katida desu on March 17, 2015, 03:47:16 PM
We're still recruiting. Come on in!

\o/!

Anyone else rolling a Dark Knight? I don't usually play those sorts of characters, but it sounds fun xD
O/O: I was going to make a barebones F-list as a rough summary, but then it logged me out and I lost my progress, so I made a VERY barebones F-list instead: Here.

Angie

Quote from: Florence on March 17, 2015, 04:21:42 PM
\o/!

Anyone else rolling a Dark Knight? I don't usually play those sorts of characters, but it sounds fun xD

Not to my knowledge, but I am rolling a Paladin. Don't worry, he'll be more understanding about it then dickish.

Florence

Quote from: Angiejuusan on March 17, 2015, 04:26:46 PM
Not to my knowledge, but I am rolling a Paladin. Don't worry, he'll be more understanding about it then dickish.

Hey, with any luck, by the end of the game they'll be like this:

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/VitriolicBestBuds

AndyZ

"You can't do that sort of terrible thing to my best friend!  Only I can do that!"
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Angie

Quote from: Florence on March 17, 2015, 04:32:32 PM
Hey, with any luck, by the end of the game they'll be like this:

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/VitriolicBestBuds

Dean's of the opinion that as long as you aren't using your 'darker' powers against the people we're supposed to be protecting, you can do as you will.

Florence

Hmmm, I'm re-using an old character from ages ago.

I originally had an image for her... I wonder if I can find it again... it was a woman with pinkish hair in battle-worn armor...

ReijiTabibito

Okay.  I made up my mind about my character race, at least.  I know it's gonna seem weird, but I'm going to play a Viera - no, a male Viera.  Unless there happens to be a shortage of girls in the party at the moment?  I do remember most FFs being near equal in protagonist genders...

Revelation

So far I believe we have 2 guys, 1 girl. And i'll be playing a male character as well.

Edit: Though personally I say play which gender you want! Also, FF-15 is basically a boyband.

ReijiTabibito

Does that current number include you?  IE, are you one of the 2 boys?

Revelation

I was just counting confirmed sheets as the current count. We have 2 guys with character sheets, 1 gal with a sheet. I don't have a sheet yet, but I will be playing a guy.

AndyZ

I was looking at female Viera who is searching for true love.  Reiji, since that kinda puts a big target on your back, would you rather I didn't go that route?
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

ReijiTabibito

No, keep it.  That might actually get pretty interesting...now I wonder...

Angie

Slight updates, adding Short Term Goals and a second weapon.

PLAYER NAME: Angiejuusan
LEVEL: 1
RACE: Human
JOB: Paladin
CHARACTER NAME: Harold Dean
PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION: http://blog.friendster.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/Human-Warrior.png
SHORT TERM GOALS: Acquire a powerful sword (selfish sure, but he admits that it is)
LIFE GOALS: Set up an academy for combat and white magic for any and all interested.
FLAVOR QUOTE: I will stand within the darkness so you may enjoy the light.

DESTINY POINTS: 1

ATTRIBUTES:
PWR: 7
RES: 8
DEX: 3
MND: 7

HP: 30
MP: 9

FORCE: 3
FINESS: 2

ARM: 6
M.ARM: 6
ACC: 2
AVD: 8

EQUIPMENT:
R.HAND: Squire’s Longsword/RES/8+2d6/Reliable (reroll once a Combat)
SHIELD: Squire’s Shield/ 2/ 2/ +2 to AVD
ARMOR: Chainmail/ 4/ 4/ Medium Armor
ACCESSORY:

SKILLS:

SKILL         
Athletics   4        
Awareness   2   
Escape   2      
Inquiry   2   
Negotiation   2   
Perform   2      
Swimming   2          
Synthesis(Weapon) 2
Synthesis(Armor) 2      

ABILITIES: Cover: Take blows meant for another.
Leadership: Allies are immune to Fear, Berserk, and Charm unless they chose to be affected
Shield of Light: Once per combat, make Armor Indestructible and become immune to Knockback and Spell Loss. If attacked (or if my Covered Target is attacked), respond with 8 (x Armor Tier) +2d6 Holy Damage and strike target Blind even if they’re immune.

SPELLS: Chivalry

EQUIPMENT: Squire’s Longsword
Squire’s Shield
Chainmail

INVENTORY: Staff of Escape (Arcane Weapon, MND, 7+2d6, Quick Cast) (I picture this 'weapon' being given to Dean solely as a means of using Chivalry as fast as possible)
50 gil

Lust hasn't talked to me about the idea of me being his Princess's bodyguard, though I do intend to PM him.

Florence

http://simg3.gelbooru.com//images/0d/1d/0d1de99e1728fcfd70347ad6caebed5d.jpeg?807477

Found the image, though I was wrong about the hair color.

Not sure I'll use it for her.

ReijiTabibito

Andy, if you want to discuss characters, meet me over in the PMs.  I'll be more than happy to talk it.

AndyZ

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=144658.0

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=158164.0

Florence, both of these women are empresses of Photoshop and can do fantastic jobs with whatever you might want changed about a picture.

Zaer Darkwail

Yup, those two are artists and hair color would be easy to change.

Latooni Subota

A male viera? Those guys are jerks! Why do you think the females normally live in their own villages except for breeding? Hehe :3
ONs and OFFs be here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=64984.0

If I'm needed to post somewhere, PLEASE PM me about it. Sometimes I lose track of threads and need to be reminded about things.

ReijiTabibito

Hey, now...by the way, I was going over the current and projected Jobs for the crew, and I realize we have no healing.  Which in this game means either White or Red Mage...

Latooni Subota

Paladins can heal, and sometimes make excellent healers. Also: Consumables are quite handy. Engineers are just . . just fantastic.
ONs and OFFs be here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=64984.0

If I'm needed to post somewhere, PLEASE PM me about it. Sometimes I lose track of threads and need to be reminded about things.

Zaer Darkwail

Yup, consumables are great way to heal people up. Also I plan go for blue mage and get choco ball (heals myself + someone else and does dmg! Great monster spell for that).