News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Mortal Kombat (Interest Check)

Started by Florence, July 12, 2011, 09:05:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Florence

I don't really have anything set in stone in my mind for this idea, but I've kinda really been craving something like a Mortal Kombat  rp. Preferably with an emphasis on original characters, though if people would prefer I don't object to canon characters appearing if they're accurately portrayed.

I was thinking something along the lines of a retelling of the events of the first game (but perhaps with a different cast of characters). Meaning the basic plot would be that Outworld has won 9 Mortal Kombat tournaments in a row against Earthrealm, and now the 10th is being held. If Outworld wins this tournament, its ruler, Shao Kahn, can merge the realms and rule over both. The tournament is being held in Earthrealm by Shang Tsung, a sorcerer under the command of Shao Kahn. Warriors from Earthrealm and Outworld gather to compete in Mortal Kombat to determine the fate of the realms.

Like I said, I don't really have the details set in stone, this is largely just to see if anyone would be interested in exploring this sort of idea. I don't even mind if someone else wants to run it. As for the adult content, I'm not sure what category it would fall under, I guess that depends on what everyone else would like to do with it. My only real condition is that while I fully welcome sex and gore, I'd prefer to keep the two relatively separated. Guro just isn't my thing :P As for killing off characters, I think it would mostly be an OOC consent based thing. Keep in mind, despite the gore and the fatalities, the majority of the cast tend to live from one game to the next. Obviously NPCs could be killed off like crazy in creative and gory ways.

Also, as far as character powers go, I'd think it would be best to be creative, but also to bare in mind that no characters should be overpowered. While characters in Mortal Kombat tend to have pretty impressive powers, and there's little restriction on what a character theoretically could and couldn't do, we don't want one character effortlessly dominating all the others with magical god powers.

Anyway... yeah... interest check, go!
O/O: I was going to make a barebones F-list as a rough summary, but then it logged me out and I lost my progress, so I made a VERY barebones F-list instead: Here.

Le Immortelle

Count me in! I would love to do some fatalities! :P

Florence

Well there's one person, it seems xD;

Any ideas or suggestions about what to do with it?
O/O: I was going to make a barebones F-list as a rough summary, but then it logged me out and I lost my progress, so I made a VERY barebones F-list instead: Here.

Le Immortelle

Well, it could focus on combatants and their lives with little breaks from time to time for combat. etc.

Florence

I was thinking it wouldn't revolve entirely around the tournament itself. I mean, there would also be a big emphasis on what's happening outside of the ring. Various factions scheming and plotting, and characters interacting between matches, getting to know each other, whether as friends, lovers or enemies.

EbonyQueen

I've personally always found the games -fun-. And I absolutely -love- the look of Shokkan women.

The only quibble I would have is... With characters being killed off every match, wouldn't it make for a quickly shrinking cast of characters?

Florence

Characters wouldn't neccesarily be killed off in every match. In fact a rather large number of characters have lost matches and survived. The name Mortal Kombat is slightly misleading in that aspect xD Add to that, the fact that we could probably get away with having a large portion of the kombatants NPCs or otherwise totally killable side-characters (I could make a whole slew of them myself and play them all if needed :3) then the main cast could very realistically avoid death throughout the tournament.

EbonyQueen

Well then if things get off the ground mark me down as interested, I'll bring my four-armed, dusky-skinned, musclebound babe to the roster.

Primarch

I could get in on this. Mark me down as interested for now.

Florence

Name:

Race:*

Appearance: (Picture or Text)

Alignment:*

Faction:*

Weapons and Abilities:

Bio:

-------------------------------------------------

Races: http://mortalkombat.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_Mortal_Kombat_species

Human: Humans are native to Earthrealm, and have a lower affinity for magic than most other races. They tend to make up for this however, with either advanced technology, or simple dedication and training.

Outworlder/Seidan/Chaosrealmer/Edenian: Human-like races from one of the other realms. They differ in slight ways, though their biggest differences are simply cultural. They all share one common difference from humans from Earthrealm however, and that is a greater affinity for magic, though their realms all lack Earthrealm's technology.

Tarkata: Tarkata are a crossbreed species, a mix of Outworlder and Demon. They are humanoid, though virtually impossible to mistake for a regular human due to their wide grinning jaws lined with razor sharp teeth. They typically also have jagged bone protrusions on their bodies, typically on their arms or shoulders. Aside from their jaws, their most infamous characteristic are the bone blades they can extend from their arms.
http://mortalkombat.wikia.com/wiki/Tarkata

Shokan: The shokan are a crossbreed species like the Tarkata, they are a mix of human (presumably Outworlder) and dragon. They are large, typically muscular humanoids who's most notable trait are the presence of four total arms. They have three fingers on each hand and two toes on each foot.
http://mortalkombat.wikia.com/wiki/Shokan

Demon: Demons are varied in appearance and powers. They can conceal their appearance and make themselves look human. They hail from the Neatherrealm.
http://mortalkombat.wikia.com/wiki/Demon

Oni: Oni are similar to demons, but incapable of hiding their monstrous appearance.
http://mortalkombat.wikia.com/wiki/Oni

Moroi (aka. Vampire): The Moroi appear largely human, but have fangs and wings and must feed on blood to survive.
http://mortalkombat.wikia.com/wiki/Vampire

Saurian (aka. Zaterran ): Saurians are a race of reptilian humanoids. They are nearly extinct, and are actually descended from Earthrealm dinosaurs. They fled a devastating conflict there ages ago, through a portal to a realm called Zaterra. That realm was soon conquered by Outworld and the race nearly wiped out.
http://mortalkombat.wikia.com/wiki/Saurian

Centaurian: Centaurians are a race from Outworld with the body of a horse, the upper body of a human and a metalic rat tail, as well as a pair of ratlike horns upon their heads. They are mortal enemies of the Shokan, and the two races despise eachother very much.
http://mortalkombat.wikia.com/wiki/Centaurian

Zombie/Wraith/Enenra: Zombies, Wraiths and Enenra aren't races in and of themselves. Rather they are undead of other races. Zombies are reanimated corpses. They typically are not capable of complex thought and are typically very single-minded in their purpose. Wraiths, or Specters, are beings who died and were brought back as inhuman warriors capable of wielding powers related to the Netherrealm (shadows, darkness, fire, etc.) Enenra are similar in origin to Wraiths, but are creatures of smoke and vapor, capable of shifting between that form and that of a human.

Cryomancer: The cryomancer race is long extinct, however certain characters may be descended from them. The key trait of a descendant of this race is ability to create and manipulate ice.
http://mortalkombat.wikia.com/wiki/Cryomancer

God: Gods aren't the omnipotent beings of legend that some may think of. They are certainly all very powerful, though nowhere near the same level of power as the Elder Gods. The each posess great power of a specific domain (thunder, wind, fire, earth, water, etc.) but they must take a mortal form in order to participate directly in the affairs of mortals, including taking part in a Mortal Kombat tournament.
http://mortalkombat.wikia.com/wiki/Gods

-----------------------------------------------------------
Alignments:
Earthrealm: More or less the world we call home in real life. It is primarily a world of technology, though mystical elements are known to exist. It is watched over by a guardian god. The fate of Earthrealm lays in this tournament, and if its champions lose, Outworld will take over.
http://mortalkombat.wikia.com/wiki/Earthrealm

Outworld: Outworld is a world of monsters and magic. The level of technology in this realm is far more primitive than Earthrealms, but mystical elements are far more common. The outworld is ruled over by a tyrannical Emperor. Outworld has won nine consecutive Mortal Kombat tournaments and if they win this one, Earthrealm is theirs.
http://mortalkombat.wikia.com/wiki/Outworld

Neutral: Do to the nature of the tournament, Neutral characters won't participate in the tournament itself. They can still be heavily involved with the story, of course, in their own ways, and they can certainly get into fights outside of the ring.
-------------------------------------------------------
Factions: (Characters aren't restricted to existing factions, and the factions histories and agendas are open to change by whoever wishes to include them.)
As it would extend this post FAR too much to list every single faction in the MK universe, I'll instead simply post a link to this page: http://mortalkombat.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Factions
--------------------------------------------------------

Well, in case anyone wants to get to work on a character, I threw together that thing out of boredom :P

Edit: Forgot to include a field for appearance xD;

The Clown Prince

Interested, though not sure what/who I'd want to play
O/O           Clown's Thoughts              The Clown has Escaped!
I have sworn the Oath of Drake! :o

dwellinthedark

...If there are gonna be Shokan women and sexy ninjas, count me so interested.  I'll start conceptualizing and get a profile up soon.
Chastity:  The most unnatural of the sexual perversions.  ~Aldous Huxley
Ons and Offs     Dreams and Desires

thebobmaster

Mortal Kombat? Original characters? Retelling of the first game? Hell yeah, I'm in.
Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

RP Ideas:New and Approved!

ff

Neat idea. Although I might actually prefer the canon characters do original chars - I guess it depends on how interesting the ones other people come up with are. At the very least, IMO we should at least anchor it with the GM playing Shang Tsung (or whomever is overseeing the tournment), even if it's as a side NPC who's just there to scream 'FIGHT!' et. al.

I'd likely want to play one of the 'female ninja' line (Kitana, Milleena, Jade etc.), either one of the canons or an original one (with her own color and special moves, but the same sort of outfit). Or possibly Sonya Blade or a clone of her. (Maybe a British special forces character - sort of a half-half ripoff of Sonya and Camie form Street Fighter.)

Plotwise, since freeform combat more or less necessitates prearranging who wins matches, I'd likely prefer to lose (and then be sexually taken advantage of / abused / conquered / enslaved as part of or after the fighting). I'm actually perfectly willing to be killed off - and if I'm still having fun I could just create a 2nd character. (Gore isn't a sexual preference of mine, but some Plot Deaths would add to the MK feel, and I'm fine with my character being subjected to a gory fatality - it's not a turn on or turn off, just seems like a MK signature).

dwellinthedark

Still working on the profile, got everything filled in but the bio now (got the ideas, just fleshing it out)

Wanted to share a couple thoughts though...

I like the idea of it being as much about the interaction between the characters as the fighting...  Maybe we could take a cue from the first movie(I don't care what anyone says, I like that movie, cheesy as it is), and set it on some kind of island or other contained place where all the fighters are shoved together and have no escape, with only one or two matches being held a day.  That way we've got plenty of excuses to run into one another and have unscheduled fights and plot and canoodle and such to our heart's content, then we can also have fights(either with eachother, or with NPCS, I'd be willing to supply a few myself if you don't feel like dying over and over all the time).

As far as the cast goes...  Why don't we just make everybody happy by allowing the choice between OCs and Canons?  I, for one, am making an OC(...Though in my case there might be a bit of conflict since I'm making the Guardian of Earth who isn't Raiden[but it can be written around, actually]), but I'd certainly have no objection to playing along with Canonical characters as well.

In terms of death/sex...

What about, the opponent doesn't die unless you actually perform the Fatality?  Shang Tsung will be drinking souls and all of course, but he could decide he has other uses in mind for the actual PCs, and make them offers to do other stuff, or ways to earn a second chance if the Earth Guardian and the Emperor agree.

And remember, there aren't just fatalities, if both players are in agreement, the winner can always perform a 'fuckality' or something similar, taking the loser as they like right out in front of the crowd.

Just some thoughts.

EbonyQueen

Quote from: dwellinthedark on July 17, 2011, 09:17:06 PM
In terms of death/sex...

What about, the opponent doesn't die unless you actually perform the Fatality?  Shang Tsung will be drinking souls and all of course, but he could decide he has other uses in mind for the actual PCs, and make them offers to do other stuff, or ways to earn a second chance if the Earth Guardian and the Emperor agree.

And remember, there aren't just fatalities, if both players are in agreement, the winner can always perform a 'fuckality' or something similar, taking the loser as they like right out in front of the crowd.

Just some thoughts.

This part I have to agree with. One of the big things that is hanging me up is that while I am very interested in the idea, see my posts above, the fact that I may have to churn out a few characters every few weeks because of repeated deaths... It made my interest sort of wane.

I think that alternatives such as that will really help to alleviate some of the issues I know I myself had.

dwellinthedark

Name: Mextli a.k.a. Sergio Chaves

Race: God

Appearance:

Stands 6'6" tall, weighs in at 250 lbs.  Often wears brightly patterned shirts(that invariably are burned off during combat), tight jeans, and favors running shoes or going barefoot.

Alignment: Earth Realm

Faction:

Weapons and Abilities:

Weapons:
Macuahuitl

Abilities:(I figured I'd do these like special moves)

Fireballs- Self-explanatory.

Second Hand Smoke - He blows a mixture of smoke, burning sulfur, and ash into the opponent's eyes, blinding and disorienting them.  Second hand smoke'll kill ya.

Teleport - Disappears in a puff of smoke and cinders(walking into them is the same as Second Hand Smoke), reappearing an instant later elsewhere with similar effect.

Flame Wall - A slash of his hand creates a blazing inferno in the air that lasts for only an instant.  Properly timed, defends against an attack while setting the attacker on fire and inflicting damage.

Holocaust Cloak - Similar to the Flame Wall, Mextli sheathes his entire body in flame, increasing the damage of his attacks, and even causing an attacker to take damage when they hit him...  However, it lasts for only a few seconds, and takes nearly as long to charge up, during the charging he cannot defend himself and can be interrupted.

Bio:

Nine tournaments had passed.  Nine tournaments and nine losses.  All the while, the gods of Earthrealm had been content to hang back and try to remain uninvolved, like they were Elder Gods themselves, and let Raiden handle it.  Except...  Raiden and his Buddhist monks, supplemented occasionally by dregs, crazies, and do-gooders who just weren't good enough to do the job...  Had failed. 

Gods in their natural form think differently than mortals.  The Fire God, Mextli, had been watching the Tournaments most closely out of the remaining Gods other than Raiden himself.  He had observed the failures of mortals, been disappointed in the idealist view that the 'pure of heart' were the best choice to defend Earthrealm, and most of all, been disgusted by Raiden's unwillingness to take a direct role(little knowing that the God of Thunder had planned to throw himself into the final battle as a last recourse.).  If the forces of Outworld came screaming into his realm, Mextli would be torn down, his people would be slaughtered and enslaved, the temples to him that remained in his share of the world would be smashed to ruin or perverted to worship of foreign kings and Gods.  This could not be allowed to pass.  He spent ten long years that, to him, were the blink of an eye, after the last tournament thinking this over, and finally, made a choice.

Mextli stepped forward and demanded Raiden pass the Guardianship to him.  He would take the role of protecting their Realm.  He would choose their champions, and he would fight among them.  If he was to die, he would die in defending his home, rather than fleeing and begging the Elder Gods for a sliver of his existance to be allowed to remain.  Of course, Gods were proud beings, and Raiden was one of the proudest.  He was as untrusting of the Fire God's shifting nature and lack of experience as Mextli was of the Thunder God's repeated failures and apparent cowardice.  There was only one way for it to be solved...

25 years before this tournament was to be held, Raiden and Mextli took mortal form on neutral ground, with the Water Goddess and the Wind Goddess as arbitrators...  And they fought their own Mortal Kombat.  It was a bitter battle, with blood flying and bones crushed, but in the end, Mextli was victorious...  At a price.  While he spared Raiden and allowed him to withdraw and resume his immortal form once more, Mextli's own frail mortal body was irreparably harmed, and before the ritual to retake his Godhood could be completed...  He died.

And was reborn as a Brazilian boy a second later.  The other Gods, including Raiden himself, took an active role in his early life, guiding him to the martial arts, to spiritual disciplines and meditation, to manual labor that built up the body and the will.  He would not be a God made clumsy by taking a human form he was unfamiliar with...  When the time came, he would be as comfortable in his mortal shell as any of the other Kombatants, and he would have by then, with the help of the other Gods, have learned to use his abilities as fully as that shell allowed. 

All went to the plan, his nature revealed to him on his 16th birthday, Mextli chose to stay in his mortal body the rest of the remaining time he had, using the help of the other Gods to scout and gather his chosen Kombatants as the old knowledge and wisdom flooded back into his mind, filtered by the perceptions and personality of his new body.  Some of the chosen ones were invited directly by Mextli or Raiden himself, others guided by unseen hands.  Men and women, soldiers and thugs and assassins and monks.  He did not care for purity of heart.  He did not care for motives, nor for history.  He cared for one thing, and one thing alone, the protection of the Earthrealm.  And that would be accomplished, or he would die in the attempt himself, without ever looking back.

Florence

Glad this idea seems to have gotten a sudden surge of popularity. You're more than welcome to play a female ninja type character or a Sonya/Cammy type. We seem to have a lot of interest in Shokan women, and as great as that is, I do hope we'll get at least one NON-Shokan girl xD I'd prefer everyone did original characters, but I'm not set in stone on that, so if everobe would prefer more canon characters be involved that works too. I wouldn't mind retold versions of certain characters either (see Mortal Kombat: Legacy). I'll likely make an original myself. As for a GM-played Shang Tsung, I could do that too, though I'd like to know if everyone would prefer Shang Tsung, Shao Kahn, Raiden, etc. holding their traditional places, or if people would prefer original characters hold those roles. (Though Shao Kahn doesn't really appear until the second tournament, who knows, maybe we'll get to that... or just skip from the MK1 retelling to an MK3 retelling... since MK2's plot is basically just "MK1... in Outworld")

I've already said that characters who lose a match don't HAVE to die, and certainly your suggestions are great. I'm also liking this fire god, character! I'll have a a sheet of my own up before long.

thebobmaster

Here's your one non-Shokan female! And sorry about the bio. I was typing it up and my imagination just went wild.

Name: Sarana

Race: Edenian

Appearance: Sarana appears to be in her early 30’s, slightly older than Kitana. Standing six foot one in bare feet, she has medium-length red hair, stopping just below her shoulders, and blue eyes. She generally wears a bodysuit of tight leather, colored white, when she is not in battle. However, when preparing for battle or an assassination, she changes into a white version of Kitana’s outfit, showing several scars on her torso as a sign of her battles and harsh training. She has fairly average breasts for her leanly muscled frame, her backside curves kept trim. She keeps her kukri knife, earned from one of her assassination targets, on her right hip, within easy reach to be taken out. On her left hip, she keeps a pouch, containing hundreds of needles, for use as a distraction and a weapon.

Alignment: Outworld

Faction: Kahn’s Hand (assassins working under and reporting directly to Shao Kahn or his generals)

Weapons and Abilities: Sarana uses a kukri knife in battle when necessary, though she prefers using hand to hand combat. Her abilities, as fitting her profession are mostly weapons-based. One of her abilities features her throwing 5 needles in the direction of the enemy. A second ability has her use her magic to launch herself 10 feet in the air, landing in a stab with her kukri. Her third and final ability utilizes her magic further, teleporting behind her opponent, in place for an assassination if necessary.

X-Ray Move: Sarana slashes her opponent across their face with the kukri, then teleports behind them and stabs the kukri into their back, stabbing between the ribs, and finally teleports in front of them and stabs them a second time in the stomach.

Fatality 1 (Wired Up): Sarana teleports behind her opponent and reaches into her pouch, taking out a garotte wire. Wrapping it around their throat, she tightens it, choking the opponent to unconsciousness, then pulling as tightly as possible to decapitate the opponent, kicking the head away afterwards.

Fatality 2 (Pins and Needles): Sarana reaches into her pouch, taking out two needles. She then stabs each of them into a lung, deflating them both. After watching them struggle, gasping and coughing up blood, she slashes their throat with her kukri, cleaning the blade with her opponent's outfit.

Bio: Sarana is one of the few Edenians who recalls the time before Outworld’s invasion with any clarity. However, her memories of that time are far from pleasant. While the royal family was pleasant enough in what they noticed, not everything fell within their sight, and she had grown up in areas out of mind, fighting day to day to survive. While she did not blame the Edenian rule for her plight, she found herself living in a more pleasant setting after Outworld took over. Getting her start fairly young for an Edenian, at the age of 6,000, Sarana earned herself the eye of Shao Kahn when his men found her and attempted to take advantage of her. Despite being outnumbered 5 to one, she defended her honor with her barely reliable teleportation skills and a “blade” she had carved from a rock. Rather than execute her for the deaths of her men, however, Shao Kahn was impressed with her skill, training her as a Hand of Kahn, an assassin working directly for, and reporting directly to, Shao Kahn and his generals. After 1,000 years of training, mostly due to Sarana’s desire for maximizing her potential rather than any actual need to continue training, she started accepting contracts, silencing those who spoke out against Shao Kahn’s rule during the next 1,000 years. Recently, however, she had noticed her master getting closer to taking over Earthrealm, and for the first time, made a request of the emperor. She wanted to go to Earthrealm for the last tournament and win it for her emperor. After all, her life had improved drastically after Outworld took control of Edenia from Jerrod and Sindel. She wanted to do her part to help Earthrealm as she had been helped 10,000 years ago.
Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

RP Ideas:New and Approved!

Flash Gorden

Tried to get in on one of these before, and I'd totally be interested in trying again. I'll draw up a character sheet sometime soon.

Note: Possible to have more than one character or no?

Florence

Sure :o as long as you can handle them.

Alliance

I'd like to get into this RP as well if it please you.

I wanted to do something kind of like Noob Saibot with the power of shadows. But with a man's magical hat.

Kind of like if Noob Saibot and the dude with the bladed hat had a baby. lolz. Or maybe I could make a Tarakan warrior as cool as Baraka.

But I was thinking a Demonic Magician with a magical hat, that he pulls stuff out of. Don't ask me how it would work, but it would. I'll come up with something else trust me.

I just love Mortal Kombat.

Vergil1989

Name:  Giselle Do'Urden.  (Full name is Giselle Daermon N'a'shezbaernon, thankfully rarely used.)

Race:*  Half Drow/half light elf.  (The best of both without the evil of the one.)

Appearance: 
(Considerably less evil looking.)

Alignment:*  Earthrealm.

Faction:*  Out World Investigation Agency.  http://mortalkombat.wikia.com/wiki/Outer_World_Investigation_Agency

Weapons and Abilities:  Twin scimitar blades.  (Not sure what your policy is on magical weapons.  Normally have Icingdeath, a fire absorbing scimitar blade, and Twinkle in her other hand that glows with the power of the stars when danger is near and is far sharper than it appears to be at first glance.  (I don't plan to be cutting through stone with a single hit or anything though lol.))

Because of her extensive training with sword and spell, she has learned to combine both with deadly efficiency.  She also has two innate Drow spells that do no damage but can still change the field a bit in her favor.  (Globe of Darkness and Harmless Faerie Fire.)

Enchant;  Twinkle's blade can become covered in either ice, fire, lightning, or acid, adding another layer to its already powerful bite.  The spells take time however to complete and can be interrupted.

The Ghost Step;  More of a move that comes from chance more than anything.  Sometimes when blades meet, an optical illusion of sparks and the blade themselves can be used to slip away and around her opponent, allowing her to seemingly disappear and attack from behind as she rolls to her feet.  She has extended this however to make it work far more often in her favor.

X-Ray.  Flying Rose;  Starting with a combo attack, either interrupted or not, Giselle would follow the end of it with a sword hilt to the face, most likely shattering bone if not cracking it outright.  Follow that with another attack to the solarplexus with her other sword hilt, to finish things off, she would execute a forward flip kick with her boot hitting right below her enemy's chin, sending them flying up and back to land hard on the ground.

FATALITY 1.  Destruction In Hand;  A series of blindingly fast and very precise sword strikes follow right behind a blast of fire from Giselle's right hand as she tosses her sword into the air before catching it at the end of her Fatality move, leaving a sliced up bag of bones that falls apart long before hitting the floor.

FATALITY 2.  Headman's Cross;  Slicing into her opponent's chest in an X attack, Giselle spins to the right, her blades leading fast and hard enough to have the head pop clean off.  While it's in the air, Giselle's foot catches it before it can hit the ground and sends the dismembered head flying to slam into a wall or the floor hard enough to explode.

Bio:  Daughter of Drizzt and Megan Do'Urden, sister to David and Seth Do'Urden, twin boys, the young dark skinned woman had seen much in her short life as a halfbreed of both light and dark elf blood.  Being a native of Faerun, a richly magical realm populated with monsters aplenty as well as sentient races of many varieties, was where she hailed from for the first century and a half of her life.  Training with her father who was the best in the double scimitar style, learning spells from many potent wizards and sorcerers that were friend and ally to the Do'Urden family, and calling light elves, dwarves, and more friends through her own travels across the countryside, Giselle had started to earn her own place as a living legend....until trouble started to appear in the form of strange humans from a completely different world and reality.

Her father, the legend of her world and the place she felt most at home with, had been approached by the OIA years before when news of other realms started to creep into the higher ups in the 'American government on Earth,' a place she had yet to see for herself at that time.  It wasn't strange for him to be gone for days, sometimes more, at a time, helping the humans and their allies in keeping the peace across the realms as best that they could, until news of Shao Kahn and his evil forces came up shortly before he had disappeared along with the squad he had been with at the time.  No one knew what had happened to him or their men, but Giselle had trained relentlessly afterward, preparing for the Mortal Kombat tournament that they had been looking into at the time of their disappearance.  Her mother had died shortly after giving birth to her, her two older twin brothers elsewhere most of the time anyway, so it fell to her to pick up the trail that had gone cold twenty years ago.  Now, a hundred and fifty years old, (still extremely young for an elf of any race,) Giselle is a competent and very capable warrior that is not about to fall or disappear without a damn good fight.

Having been a member of the OIA for about the same amount of time, Giselle has learned much but shares little with those in her home plane since most of it was far beyond anything she had seen before herself, but even so, she understood the need for secrecy.  Even so, when she is fighting, she is completely focused and little can hope to stop her, calling upon the countless lessons she had learned at her father's knee and against him over the years before his disappearance.  Regardless, when out of the ring, she is a compassionate and warm individual that doesn't let the color of her skin stop her or slow her down since most back home who do not know her assume and fear the worst of the dark skinned elves, for good reason.

((At 1;33 is when her 'style' more or less is revealed when Prince Nuada is tearing apart his father's bodyguards with such ease.  That's the way I see her fighting in a sense.  Just thought I'd throw that in while I was at it lol.))

Prince Nuada Battle Style
Taker of the Oath of the Drake
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=85486.0  Absence and Apology...countdown to doom....so to speak.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=123720.msg5435844#msg5435844  Storyteller Cafe thread.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=186829.0  Solo thread request thread
IMPORTANT UPDATE as of October 6th 2016 in A/A page

dwellinthedark

Since everyone seems to keep saying they want it that way...  I'd be willing to alter my back-story so that Raiden's still the Guardian of Earthrealm, even though that was a role I really wanted to play. :(

Alliance

Do plant demons exist?

Cause I was thinking of a plant demon. That is going to be one hella awesome X Ray. I can imagine it just right now. Oh god. And the fatality would be beautiful.

Also I had a bit of a story:

Shang Tsung tricks the plant demon into thinking Earthrealm destroyed his home. Each plant demon has their own solitary garden. And each plant demon has a specialty be it carnivorous plants or healing plants. Someone burns my character's garden down. And Shang Tsung is found out to have done it later, which would change my character's alignment because he'll want revenge on Shang Tsung, but at current Shang Tsung acts as the eye witness of a human who did it and stole some of the special demon plants.