The Uncanny X-Men (Free-Form RPG, Groups)

Started by PhantomPistoleer, July 09, 2013, 11:20:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kckolbe

^Are we just not gonna talk about this?
Ons/Offs  A/A  Oath of the Drake
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer(IC#2)
Intro Thread

Jag

What's to talk about? I see nothing wrong with that...>.>

I could have included the picture of him kissing Magneto or being all sexy with Wolverine as a female Morph...
Ons/Offs // Request Thread (Updated 3/10/24) // Slow to Reply at the Moment

TamaRose

No, offense but Morph isn't very...handsome is he? lol

Jag

Quote from: TamaRose on July 18, 2013, 02:27:40 PM
No, offense but Morph isn't very...handsome is he? lol

Non-shifted, nope...but he can be anyone he wants to be and look however he wants. *nods*

TamaRose

Quote from: Michi No Sora on July 18, 2013, 02:28:42 PM
Non-shifted, nope...but he can be anyone he wants to be and look however he wants. *nods*

That sounds cool but I honestly have to say I don't know much about Morph. I guess I will learn as we go. ;D

kckolbe

Morph was a failed Marvel experiment (widely considered the worst member of the X-Men cartoon and quickly killed off), and lacked real substance as a character.  For instance, his bio is nothing but tragedy, and the effect it had on him, but his personality is that of a happy go lucky, sheltered man child.

So I am, naturally, quite concerned, but I do know that sometimes players give characters wonderful reinventions, and Morph has nothing to lose from one.  Admittedly, I thought your last char was more intriguing, but she was way out of her league in the X-Men, which would have been frustrating for you.

So I gotta ask, how into this guy are you?
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Intro Thread

Jag

He was killed off, but brought back by Mr. Sinister with two personalities. One who hated his old friends and believed they left him for dead. Then the other who believed they had not wanted to leave him behind and still loved them...but yes, he is one that needs revamping.

Yeah, Lili is out of her league when it comes to missions and such. She fits in with the more Morlock types who need protecting rather than being the protector.

Personally, I love Morph as much as I do Japheth and Toad. But if there are doubts about him, I have no issues with going with someone else. Honestly, I don't mind to pick another character. It doesn't hurt my feelings to have a character rejected or harshly criticized.

Jag

Plus, Eany and Meany are funny enough on their own. I don't need another joker. *nods*

kckolbe

Poor writing on Marvel's part is not a deal-breaker.  After all, part of why I love playing Banshee is that he was so badly written.  I just want to make sure that you really have a feel for him, since his mutant power makes him especially difficult to get a hold of (not even really having his own appearance).  You are a delightful writer, and I have already approved two chars from you, but in this case I just want to look out for you, since I think he has a lot of challenges to role-playing well.

Again, I trust you completely, and am just trying to ensure that you end up happy with your choice.

Intro Thread

Jag

I use him in my fanfiction for my OC Lili (not as a romantic interest or anything, that's Toad), so if you wanna read the chapters I have for him, I can let you. Though in keeping with the canon storyline, I kill him off. I like to kill off characters. >.>

Anyway, I really have no issues coming up with someone else. Honestly, I like making character sheets. Sometimes I just do it for fun. *needs a hobby*

kckolbe

Coming up with char concepts is a lot of fun.  I'm toying with making an OC as well, even though I am already way too busy.  Also, I suck at developing a feel for new characters.

Intro Thread

Jag

*debates* I'm going to stuff Morph to the side for now and hide him away in my computer files and come up with something else. I already have Eany and Meany who are funny. I want someone more serious.

*is such a flake*

I love making OCs, but I hate when I need to find pictures for them. That picture I found for Lili...I hate it. It's nothing like what I imaged her to be, but it's very hard finding pictures for mutant characters. >.<

Pumpkin Seeds

Jag

Short of a borderline anorexic with wings, claws, and white hair...I'm not sure a picture of my actual OC Lili would be a good idea. >.< She is rather hideous.

I'm better off with Canon characters.

kckolbe

As always, looking forward to seeing what ya come up with.

Intro Thread

Pumpkin Seeds

Looks like Congo will be a Wakandan citizen sent to the mansion under Storm's care.

Sasquatch421

Ok I'm done with my internship, but am still working til Friday just for more money to save. Next week posting will balance out more for me and am thinking up another character for later on. Should be up later on unless any of the GM's have any reason for me to wait longer? I've had one dancing in my head this week and am unsure to change sex from what I have in my head or not... The character I have is female at the moment and we do seem to have a lot of them, but then there is enough of Clique to go around right?

kckolbe

Well, we are accepting new characters, but they won't join IC until later on.  And while we have a preference for male chars, we are accepting both.

Intro Thread

Sasquatch421

I was thinking about that... If I made her lesbian it would help balance her out somewhat since it could give another player with a female character that went in that direction something and it would help me as well. I'm not great with female characters and try to balance my played characters out to help me learn more.

Another reason is I'm doing my own version of Marrow.... It won't be a canon Marrow just a total different character with about the same powers... Would I be able to take the code name or should I think of something different just in case someone else decides to do a true Marrow?

kckolbe

I wouldn't say that a lesbian character hurts or helps things, so no issue there.

A Marrow-esque OC sounds doable, but I think you would need a different name.

Intro Thread

Kimera

I found finding an original name kinda hard. Had about 5 others before Spore, but those already were taken by marvel characters. 

Still need a sort of title for her, but kinda stuck on that one.

Sasquatch421

Works for me... I've had a few more ideas and Marrow just wouldn't fit. I'll find something for a code name...

Sasquatch421

The Bone Samurai: Niten Ichi
Group Affiliation: X-Men(student), Clan Yashida, Mutant Underground
Height: 5' 5"
Weight: 128 lbs.
Sex: Female
Orientation: Lesbian
Arch-Enemies: The Hand, Lady Deathstrike, The Right Red Hand
Nickname: Kat, Sumi

Powers:

Osteokinesis: Kat has complete control over the bones of herself, including crowing, shaping, manipulating density/weight, using as projectiles/weapons. Her favored shapes revolve around shuriken, kunai and samurai swords.

Healing Factor: Kat's healing factor isn't as advanced as say Logan or Deadpools, but she heals faster then a normal human, but when it comes to her bones they heal superhuman fast.

Enhanced Dexterity: Kat also has precision control over her limbs and muscles giving her increased reaction time and movement.

Skills:

Sword Proficiency: Kat was trained in the art of Kenjutsu and Bushido from an early age by her father Keniuchio.

Dual Wielding: Due to her dexterity Katsumi branched off from the arts that her father taught her to the Niten Ichi-ryu style created and made famous by Miyamoto Musashi.

Marksmanship: Due to her training with her mother Yuriko, Kat has good marksmanship with thrown weapons.

Bio: Katsumi Harada is the daughter of Yuriko and Keniuchio Harada also known as the Silver Samurai. At a young age Yuriko sent Kat to live with her father since she couldn't raise her and Amiko at the same time. Under her Keniuchio's care Kat was raised to follow the code of the Bushido and the Samurai like her father before her. Visits from Yuriko had her learning marksmanship due to the fact that her lineage would constantly make her a target for her parents enemies.

As she grew up Kat branched of with her training to learn a dual sword style and decided to honor her mother by getting the same tattoo that Yuriko had. The ink covers her back and buttocks. Her rebellious days had her listening to what her father hated J-Pop, but that was it. Though stories she had heard had her interested in the Silver Samurai's old opponent Logan. While her love interests went a different direction people she wanted to dual against was a different story. Most rounded around her parent's friend's, allies and one time foes... One of her greatest dreams is to face off against Electra.

Then it happened... Her mother Yuriko was crippled by Lady Deathstrike and her father was killed by the Right Red Hand. After that Katsumi was sent to New York by her mother hoping that one of Yuriko's old friends would find and watch over her daughter. The very least she knew that a lot of hero's seemed to congregate around the city and Katsumi should be safer there then in Japan. Katsumi only went in hopes of meeting her parents old friends....
GM Plot's: An old nemesis of Xavier's finds out that Charles is missing and decides to send a strike team backed up with sentinel's thinking the school is easy pickings.

Power Ratings:
Intelligence: 3
Strength: 2
Speed: 2
Durability: 4
Energy Projection: 0
Fighting Ability: 4

Katsumi's tattoo:

(Ok... Now is finished...)

Caden

I wish to play! Here's hoping I get the green light!

The Tormented Dreamer: Indica

Nickname: Indy
Sex: Male
Orientation: Heterosexual/Bi-Curious

Group Affiliation: X-Men(student)

Height: 5'5
Weight: 140 lbs

Arch-Nemesis: Sativa(his "evil" twin sister).

-Powers-

Empathic- Caden can sense the emotions of others(but not their thoughts) and can attempt to project emotions onto others in order to communicate with or to influence them. This is a two-edged sword as Caden can be influenced by others while he is linked with them. At first at least, this ability requires close proximity and is strengthened by physical contact.

Dreamscaping; Caden can live in a world of his own dreams, where he is supreme over his creations. He can bring participants(willing participants or those unable to resist) into the dreamscape with him, but his omnipotence diminishes as the number of visitors increases. He cannot control the minds or actions of those in his world and those visiting can(with practice) learn to manipulate the world themselves though, typically, not as well as Caden himself. Caden can freely banish visitors from his dreamscape(they simply 'wake up'), except in the case of telepathic mutants that resist being expelled.

As an interesting work-around, the dream-world can be used as an alternative to telepathic communication but the process is unwieldy and leaves the participants physically vulnerable during the interaction(as is the case anytime Caden and others enter the dreamscape).

Dream-Forging; While limited and involuntary(at first), Caden can temporarily create physical manifestations of his dreams. This ability is difficult to master, but is extremely versatile and potentially extremely powerful. While Caden is inexperienced, however, this power has a tendency to be quite disastrous(he thus found a kindred spirit in Jean Grey, who understands all to well the importance of containing a great, wildly unpredictable power).

Skills: Mildly Resistant to mental attacks; hyper-intelligent; dabbles in psychology and neurophysiology; intrigued by forensic and paranormal investigation; exhibits poor ability in most athletic ventures.

Bio: Caden is one of two children born to a German father and Italian mother. However, he and his twin sister, Miranda, were raised in Florida and shared a fairly typical childhood(sibling rivalry notwithstanding). After their father was brutally mugged, robbed, and left to die in the street, everything began to unravel. The twins were 8 years old at the time, and they could barely process the loss of their father and, certainly, did not have the emotional fortitude to bear the drunken emotional breakdown of their mother.

As the pair approached puberty, Caden reacted to his pained life by becoming more and more withdrawn while his sister became more and more aggressive and rebellious.

Then, one day, Caden found his escape. He was dreaming and found himself aware of, and in control, his dream. His father was there, his mother too... she was sober and baking a cake. His sister was a little girl again and was playing with dolls... it was Caden's birthday. Life was perfect. Caden lived what felt like an entire childhood in the span of a single dream...

...but the dream began to twist, slowly, but surely. It seemed somewhat random, but he would lose control of his 'sister' in the dream. She would become a pre-teen again and would torment him, emotionally and physically, and try to destroy his perfect world. Then, just as suddenly, she would revert to the sweet, innocent little girl again and the dream would continue just as Caden wished it to.

Finally, Caden awoke from his dream to an unspeakable tragedy. He found himself in a hospital bed, nearly a full year later. The doctors said he had been in some sort of coma... but they were baffled, even scared, by the boy's condition-- maybe even superstitious? Caden could tell how they felt just by looking at them, he had no idea how he was doing this, but somehow he knew what the doctors were feeling.

Then, as if he weren't besieged by enough misery, the boy learned his mother was dead and his sister missing. His entire world was destroyed.

He drifted from one foster home to the next, growing heavy-set and lazy as he spent more and more time each day immersed in his own dreams. As he entered his teens and awoke sexually, his dream world grew all the more vibrant... and his personal demons all the more vicious. He still found himself unable to control the manifestation of his sister in the dream world, at least not consistently, as she continued to shift between a sweet five-year-old child and a vicious, sexually abusive teen.

When he was fifteen, his nightmares reached a terrible Zenith when his sister brutally raped him. He was in control of everything but her in his dream, yet nothing he tried could prevent the abuse. Nothing could make her stop. He could not awake, he could not banish her-- all he could do was struggle in vain against the horrible scene.

As the image of his sister finished her game, Caden finally awoke... he returned reality screaming, covered in cold sweat with his boxers soaked with semen. His room was decimated, his home broken and burning as if it had been attacked by some terrible monster. His adoptive parents brutally murdered.

Caden ran away, his emotional torment beyond all imagination, and he fully intended to end his own life. A few days later....

[Will complete bio with campaign specific details]

Community Plots: In progress.

GM Prompts: In Progress.

Social Web: In progress.
My sci-fi CYOA story: In The Wizard's Shadow

kckolbe

Sasquatch, still need a GM plot from you.  Also, I recommend just giving her a normal healing factor, say she heals fast than a normal human and that her bones heal as fast as anything.

Caden, an interesting character.  He'll be an interesting addition to the new team.  I do have a lot of questions though.

Empathy: How aware is he of his emotions being affected by others?  What determines whether his emotions carry to the other or the other person's carry to him?  Is it on strength of personality, are telepaths more or less sensitive?  An argument could be made for either.

Dreamscaping: What makes someone unwilling to resist?  Weak-willed types?  When in dream world, are the characters' bodies basically in a coma?  With the exception of "ruling" over this realm, how would you say that this dreamscape is different from astral projection?

Dreamforging: Dangerous and difficult to master sums it up.  Could I get an idea of what he could do with this power now and where you want to see it end up?  Also, our Jean Grey never had the Phoenix Force.  Sorry for the let down.

Also, I think he is a touch skill happy.  How old would you say he is?

Intro Thread