Bringing Naruto D20 to E? (Original Characters Only! Now Recruiting! ...Again.)

Started by Inerrant Lust, February 25, 2011, 11:00:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SomeGuy

Strength Ranks are a chakra based increase to strength, they are pretty much exactly what Sakura has.

Yorubi

Quote from: SomeGuy on April 24, 2011, 12:30:48 PM
Strength Ranks are a chakra based increase to strength, they are pretty much exactly what Sakura has.
Still don't know what the heck your actually talking about. XP lol I'm sure you know what your talking about, I just have no clue what it actually means in this system or what not.

DigitLninja

Hmm, I have hit a snag, there seems to be little or no mention of elemental chakra in the book...
Quotes to Live by:
"The world ends with you. If you want to enjoy life, expand your world. You gotta push your horizons out as far as they'll go" Sanae Hanekoma,The World Ends With You. for Nintendo DS

"A post should be like a mini skirt. Long enough to cover the important parts, but short enough to keep interest." -Someone

oh's and oh's / Double A's Update 1/10 / Short Story:Memoirs of Renamon/ Hey [you], you should check out my 1 on 1's

NINJA VANISH! *disappears in a puff of smoke*

SomeGuy

Mostly it's mentioned under the elemental affinity option in chapter 1, otherwise it's technique categories. Almost all techniques are classified as one type of element, and there's even an elementalist prestige class.

Mysterica

Yeah.  There is a section that starts on page 14 that starts talking about it.

DigitLninja

ah I see it now... I was looking in Blood lines simply because having more than one element was listed as a blood technique.
Quotes to Live by:
"The world ends with you. If you want to enjoy life, expand your world. You gotta push your horizons out as far as they'll go" Sanae Hanekoma,The World Ends With You. for Nintendo DS

"A post should be like a mini skirt. Long enough to cover the important parts, but short enough to keep interest." -Someone

oh's and oh's / Double A's Update 1/10 / Short Story:Memoirs of Renamon/ Hey [you], you should check out my 1 on 1's

Inerrant Lust

Like it's been mentioned before, you can pretty much just think up of any sort of special abilities or techniques or character concept you want and I'd be more than happy to jigsaw the game mechanics around that. The system's flexible, and so am I.

As for the plotline... I like the idea of the protagonists eventually leaving to start their own village or somesuch. And I also like the idea of avoiding the 'featured' villages in the canon. So maybe having it start off in the more obscure villages like Rock, Mist, or even Grass and Waterfall.

DigitLninja

Would I still be able to toss in my ANBU character idea? I thought that ANBU where specific to the Hidden Leaf...
Quotes to Live by:

SomeGuy

There's an advanced class that's basically that, just renamed to be more general.

Mysterica

Well then...  i suppose I will be going with my swordsman idea then as a fair few of the techniques I had in mind are hijutsus of the Inuzuka clan of the leaf.

I don't know about ANBU being specific to the leaf.  It's possible, but other villages might simply have other names for them.  They are effectively just the elite spies, and hunter-nin after all that were given their own group right?

Inerrant Lust

That is correct. Suna has an ANBU unit, Mizu has the Hunter-nins which sort of operate in the same vein, and we don't know enough about the other villages to disprove that they have ANBU units.  O:)

Mysterica

Well...  one idea falls through the cracks, now its time to look up techniques for idea two I suppose.

SomeGuy

It would probably be fine to use that idea, maybe refluff it a bit.

Zaer Darkwail

Hmmm, how sounds this char concept; A advanced nin template (the +1 LA template for nins with good breeding background) with strong/tough hero levels to be direct unarmed figthing taijutsu master learning to give and take punishment. Or simply fast hero who uses bow as main weapon (ranged combat nin).

SpiralSpider

I have some character concepts for this game, but how do I go about creating the character and figuring out their stats?
~ My Ons/Offs, Characters and general RP info ~ Where am I?

"If you get hurt, hurt them back. If they kill you... walk it off."

Mysterica

Quote from: SomeGuy on April 24, 2011, 02:03:19 PM
It would probably be fine to use that idea, maybe refluff it a bit.

Only if Inerrant Lust approves.

Tydorei

I was thinking of applying to the game, but I can't find out what the starting lvl and age is supposed to be...

Mysterica

We haven't really been given starting lvls yet as this was mostly just an interest check *points to thread title* but he said in the opening characters must be at least 16

DKDBSD

Erm starting level what would the maximum level be? Maybe our characters could be recently promoted Genin? As in promoted to Chouin.

Zaer Darkwail

Genin levels are 1-4, Chuunin (or those becoming one) are 5-9 and Jounin are around +10 level guys.

Inerrant Lust

It would be around 5 and 9. Given the starting age of 16, most ninjas are chuunin at that point unless they aren't particularly good. I'd hate to start off everyone at level 1 alongside the 12 year olds in the village. Kind of embarressing. :P So most everyone would have a few years of bona fide ninja'ing under their belt at the start of the story.

DKDBSD

Quote from: Inerrant Lust on April 24, 2011, 04:00:01 PM
It would be around 5 and 9. Given the starting age of 16, most ninjas are chuunin at that point unless they aren't particularly good. I'd hate to start off everyone at level 1 alongside the 12 year olds in the village. Kind of embarressing. :P So most everyone would have a few years of bona fide ninja'ing under their belt at the start of the story.

Sounds good. What do people think an Otter would count as compared to the other summon options?