Guitar, Drums and Dreams a plenty! Roadies needed!!

Started by Bekah Boo, June 17, 2016, 09:54:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bekah Boo

Currently searching for a few roadies

To reach our dreams we must go beyond our own limits, to excel and put everything on the line...but if we make it, will it be worth it?

Every teenager at one point in their life has always dreamed to be part of a famous band sometime or another, who wouldn't want that life? The fame, the wealth, the recognition?Millions of fans lining up just to hear your music, your woes and dreams put to lyrical form, there is little doubt the appeal in becoming famous in the rock and roll world and yet it's an straining if not fleeting pipe dream for many.
This is the story of one such band, a group of friends who's dream to make it big has finally come true after years of struggling and putting their hearts out to be smashed time and time again. All the disappointment and suffering finally seemed to pay off, but now that the hard part is over what will it be like now that they're growing in popularity?

What I'm looking for in this story is the day to day life of our band, their own inward struggles as the pressure of fame burdens them, how they cope and what sort of drama may occur. Maybe there is back stabbing that could result in the band splitting? Maybe one member can't take the fandom and simply dives into whatever vice to cope? Maybe romance ensues and brings more turmoil than what they could have ever expected? It's all on the table, and really something I want to experience in.Along with fame many outside forces could be turning heads, a few stalkers and obsessive fans, the wear and tear of the lifestyle on the road, groupies getting over their heads and even egos getting out of control;there are many possibilities.

I am looking for a few key roles to be taken, this short list can be altered and such but we need them mainly to of course bring the band together.

Singer-Taken By Tokoyorose627
Drummer-Taken By Captainerotica
Lead Guitarist-Taken By BlueEyedBard
Bassist -Taken By Bekah Boo
Back up Guitarist-Taken By MistressofPen
Keyboard-Taken By WhatLiesAbove
ManagerTaken By BlueyedBard
Roadie 1-Taken By Lostsoul
Roadie 2
Roadie 3

For those who have gotten the go ahead from me, this is the OOC thread so please feel free to post there!
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=251583.0

Rules:

So because I am apparently an glutton for self punishment I decided on another group idea I've had tinkering in the back of my head for a while, as I have only one other group story and it's going fairly well. By no means am I an expert yet, though I figured I would give another one a chance. That being said, I will not tolerate drama.The first little snippet of it I will not hesitate to kick people out. In the past I've seen drama completely tear a story apart, so please for the sake of common decency just try to be respectful to others okay? If there are any issues don't hesitate to message me and I will clear up the matter quickly.

As far as posting length I want to maintain at least 3 to 4 paragraphs if not longer as my normal rules apply to this as well; no one liners and god moding. I want to create a story full of emotion and depth, so posts should be detailed and be much more than sheer reaction if it can be helped. Any OOC chatter will be in it's own thread that I will set up as the main thread is nothing but IC posts.

I live in South Carolina so my time zone may vary compared to others, that being said I tend to post in the later afternoon going to the wee hours of the morning as I tend to not sleep all that well. Some posts may need to be paused in order to get into a routine though that doesn't mean we skip over due to an inactive partner. There may be posts that can further explain your own until we can move the story along, but try and be courteous to others given we are all in different time zones. That said as well I at least want one post a week from all players, nothing too extreme but any inactivity longer than an week unless stated will result in a character being taken out in some form.

As always all are welcome so don't be shy, as well as if anyone has anything to add do message me as I don't bite too hard ;3
This story in particular will have sexual elements as well as drug abuse, alcohol, and most anything that can be associated with the rock and roll lifestyle.

If interested please message me with the sheet as well as any other questions you may have. If accepted I will message privately, so do not bother me on the matter. Those who are accepted will have their character sheets listed on the OOC thread, unless specified that they want their character to remain secret or not. Along with the character sheet I will require a sample post, to narrow the decision. I am aware that having a certain word number and sample posts may seem a bit much but as this is my third attempt at this story I am cracking down on those who wish to join, that if I feel they are not a good fit I will politely tell them so. If I offend anyone I do not mean such, simply it has come to this and I have no other way around it.
Please list in this sort of format:

[image height=350]Your image here[/img]
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Sex:[/b]
[b]Orientation:[/b]
[b]Height:[/b]
[b]Weight:[/b]
[b]Character description (pictures are accepted):[/b]
[b]Personality:[/b]
[b]History:[/b]

As well as character sheets, if there are any questions feel free to ask them here and I will answer as best as I can. Thank you and all be well.

Chrystal

Please check out my latest A/A post.
I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

Bekah Boo

Two positions taken, still plenty to be had so don't be shy and join in on the fun!

BlueEyedBard

"The ultimate in paranoia is not when everyone is against you but when everything is against you." P.K. Dick
Ad astra - but per hominum
On/Off

Chrystal

Anyone who knows to avoid crossing the streams (except when the world is about to end anyway) is okay in my book!

I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

BlueEyedBard

Quote from: Chrystal on June 22, 2016, 05:18:05 PM
Anyone who knows to avoid crossing the streams (except when the world is about to end anyway) is okay in my book!
I think we are going to get along just fine  ;)
"The ultimate in paranoia is not when everyone is against you but when everything is against you." P.K. Dick
On/Off

Bekah Boo

Excellent! Approved, you both can now put your character sheets in the character thread here;
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=251586.0

I'm still tweaking my character but it's up.

Aida Rose

I'm interested in singer. I'll probably send a sheet tonight when I get back home, unless the position's been snatched by then x)

Bekah Boo

Quote from: Aida Rose on June 22, 2016, 06:02:46 PM
I'm interested in singer. I'll probably send a sheet tonight when I get back home, unless the position's been snatched by then x)

As for now it's not so don't rush ;3

Tokyorose627

I'd be interested in making a character; but possibly a singer as well! D:

Bekah Boo

We are still in search for a manager as well, as any who are interested in the role please message me to discuss possible plots and what not.
Along with a manager a few groupies or roadies would be a welcomed addition, as those to help set up speakers and what not, not to mention drive and such.

Bekah Boo

Alright we have a good majority of the band together, though we are still looking for a few more players.
So don't be shy, men are always accepted of course ;3

la dame en noir

Games(Group & 1x1): 7 | Post Rate: 1 - 6 days | Availability: Actively looking!
A&A | FxF |
O/Os | FxF Writers Directory

BlueEyedBard

On/Off

WhatLiesAbove

Just lost a group. So I'm going to be making up a keyboardist if it's not too late!

Bekah Boo

There's plenty of roles still left! Just drop a message by and we can figure some things out ;3

MistressofPen

And, not to be a poacher, but the Salem Institute is also still accepting characters for a US wizard/witch/potterverse RP. 

But, Roadies and a manager could be fun.  If I were bossier I'd have tried that.

Chrystal

*Grins* This story is supposed to be about the (IC ONLY) drama, ups and downs of the bands relationships with each other, right?

Aida, how do you feel about Charlie having an on-again-off-again relationship with Rex? Nights of steamy Lesbian sex followed by mornings of throwing things at each other, Charlie going to one of the guys and Rex going to one of the girls... only to have them make up and get back together in a couple of days...?

Bekah Boo

Still looking for a manager as well as roadies!
Us girls need some strong male hands to help out with heavy equipment ;3

Tokyorose627

Bekah Boo

Ooooh assistant, sounds fun ;3
They're going to have their hands full ha.

Tokyorose627

Yeah they will; besides setting everything up they'll have to deal with everyone's shenanigans. lol

Bekah Boo

Everyone be sure to post this chatter in the OOC please, we have much to discuss there ;3