You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.
 
December 18, 2017, 08:55:25 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

The Elliquian Herald & Post
Issue 74 (Autumn) ~ August thru October 2017

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: [ BTS ] Scenario One - Into the Shadows (IC)  (Read 1652 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline MoralineTopic starter

[ BTS ] Scenario One - Into the Shadows (IC)
« on: September 08, 2013, 11:06:23 AM »
[ BTS ] Scenario One - Into the Shadows (IC)
This is an offshoot of the main IC thread.

Beyond The Supernatural





*GM NOTICE*
For this thread I'll be making both my GM posts and taking any OOC questions in thread.
Please drop your OOC questions into a spoiler tag 'using the hide button up top.'


Please Tag your posts with (place any dice roll links directly under it):
Code: [Select]
[color=maroon][b]Character Name[/b][/color]
[b]Location[/b]:
[b]Tag[/b]:
[hr]

Link:  [ BTS ] Scenario One - OOC

Offline MoralineTopic starter

Re: [ BTS ] Scenario One - Into the Shadows (IC)
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2013, 11:56:22 AM »



(( @ Robert ))

Robert felt the cutting talon like sharpness of the shadows biting into his flesh as it pulled him back into the fog. It had substance and form. Cold, hard, and smooth like the carapace of an insect is what it felt like. There was no time for a shout or anything it took him.

The next moment he was standing there with his clothes torn up and little stinging cut marks all over his body. A heavy acrid smelling mist all around, it's touch cool to the skin. Trying to breath was like sucking air through a dirty soot stained wet cloth. The school was still in front of him and he was still in the parking lot but his friends were gone and things were much darker. The building, it was different as well. It had partially collapsed on one side, the stone work was crumbling, it now looked aged out and burned. If it occurred him to look around he would see the same everywhere.

(( Awareness check, Roll dice 1-100:
1-50   - and he'll notice that all around him it looks similar to the school building, plus he'll notice that the window on the second floor is lit up still where he seen his sister only moments ago.
51-75 - he'll notice all the above plus he will see a radiant glow of light coming from one of the ground floor windows of the school. It has a beckoning warmth to it.
76-100 - all of the above and off in the distance he will hear a low rumbling like a freight train coming. ))




(( @ Maggie ))

There was that moment when the Goblin stormed off in your general direction, a clumsy tripping over each others feet then the look of horror on Neela's face as she watched you be drawn away by your ankles. It happened so fast and it felt sort of surreal. The now stinging pain in your ankle though would be a reminder that it was all too real. Your ankle had taken a few good gashes and a lot of little cuts. It was a bit hard to see in the darkness though. A heavy acrid smelling mist was all around, it's touch cool to the skin. Trying to breath was like sucking air through a dirty soot stained wet cloth. The building now seemed different as well. Everyone had gone. It looked like you were still on the floor in the same spot but the stone work was crumbling, it now looked aged out and burned.

(( Random occurrence roll,  Roll dice 1-100:
1-25   - Skittering sounds like thousands of insects echoed all around her. They grow closer and closer. In misty darkness there is the gleam of tiny glassy black eyes approaching closer and closer. If you remain you will be swarmed by stinging, biting little critters that will slash your clothes all up.
26-50 - Torchlight flickers from a side hall and the sound of a bunch of feet shuffling along can be heard. Muffled voices converse from there. They/it is approaching from a distance down a hall from somewhere in front of you. You can stay, flee, or go look down that hall corridor.
51-75 - There is an inky blackness further down the hall. You're not sure but it sounds like wind blowing past an open window. If you choose to go investigate you will find the building abruptly ends in the blackness where you are only able to see a couple feet in front of you. The hall had collapsed here and the building appears to be rubble in front of you - or at least in the few feet ahead of you that you can see. You think that off in the distance might be the faint glow of windows - you must be outdoors... maybe.
76-100 - The sounds of hoofs approach from down the hall. ))





Offline London

Re: [ BTS ] Scenario One - Into the Shadows (IC)
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2013, 04:45:42 PM »
Robert Long
Location: Outside the school
Tag: Open

At 2013-09-08 16:19:36, Robert Long (uid: 4265) rolls: 1d100 Result: 89

Sucking hard to get air in his lungs, Robert leaned forward on his knees to breath. Taking a quick note of his shredded shirt and jeans, he could feel his skin itching and sticky from the cuts. “This has to be some bad dream…” he said to himself before looking at the school. Gasping when he saw the state of the school, he could only hope that Al and the girls were safe. He remembered them all getting into the school before being pulled into the mist. Looking at the collapsed side of the school, he swallowed hard before he spotted the lights in the windows.

Looking at the light in the upstairs window, “Jessie…” he said softly remembering how his sister had been in the window. Seeing the soft glow in the downstairs window, he slowly moved closer to the school. Slowly moving up the steps, he stopped when he heard the noise of an old train. “Trains don’t run these tracks anymore,” he said slowly. Turning to look behind him, he gasped when he saw the state of the rest of the buildings. Feeling a cold chill run down his spin, he backed his way into the school. Unable not to think of the Silent Hill video games and movies, “What the hell is going on…” he screamed out as he turned and ran into the building.

Running into the school, Robert slide to a stop as he looked around the darkened hall, “Al… Jin… Anyone…” he yelled hoping the others were ok.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2013, 05:30:36 PM by London »

Offline Ixy

Re: [ BTS ] Scenario One - Into the Shadows (IC)
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2013, 06:19:36 PM »
Maggie Foss
Location: Lost in the school
Tag: Open

Mags winces at the sting on her ankle-- like she's twisted it in a thornbush-- a memory that seems a million miles away from this dark hallway, but one that has prepared her to tune out the pain, to scramble from the open hallway to a dark shadow and to hide, and steady herself, for whatever that... thing.  The linoleum of the floor feels oily and crackled by fire as she presses upon it, forcing herself to her feet in the darkness, and rises on unsteady legs.  She curses softly as she blinks as quickly as possible-- trying to force her eyes to adjust to the oily darkness.

Beckoned by the hollow breath of the wind, she manages a few steps forward, fighting to uncoil the knot of fear that twists in her stomach.  She stares into the black, unable to breathe for a moment-- though not because of the acrid air, just at the sheer horror of the nothing, the burned void of reality that has consumed her. 

If she can, she will pick up a few small pieces of the rubble and, disbelieving, toss one ahead of her into the cavernous void beyond.
At 2013-09-09 18:11:24, Mags (uid: 768) rolls: 1d100 Result: 69

Offline MoralineTopic starter

Re: [ BTS ] Scenario One - Into the Shadows (IC)
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2013, 06:56:36 PM »


Robert backed into the school then turned to run down the hall calling out for people. The hallways was extremely dark, cool, and choked with the acrid fog. From somewhere off in the distance was that constant rumbling sound of freight trains or something. In the darkness of the hall he could hear a shuffling on the hallway floors. It had that vague human sound to it.

Ahead in the hall, Maggie would pick up a chunk of rubble and toss it into the darkness beyond her. There would be a dull clunk sound as the rubble firmly landed on another chunk of stone somewhere ahead. A moment after that occurred there came a sound of feet and a voice calling out. The voice rang with familiarity and the name of Robert would spring to her mind. It probably seemed silly to have forgotten that he had been with them. Where could he have gone to? Either way, he was back now and somewhere back down the hall.  If she peered closely she might see his shadowy silhouette.

To Robert's eyes the way ahead only seemed to get darker but in that darkness something moved about the same size as him. It looked like a girl. Maybe it was his sister?

As Robert passed a side hall he would catch the glow of some light source down it... but for now there was someone else ahead of him.




Offline London

Re: [ BTS ] Scenario One - Into the Shadows (IC)
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2013, 07:39:01 PM »
Robert Long
Location:lost in the school
Tag:Maggie, Open


Robert squinted as he tried to see through the darkness. Slowly moving forward, he couldn’t help but think about his sister. If she had tried to come down stairs and gotten hurt he would hate himself if he didn’t help her…

Looking down the side hall at the soft glow of light, Robert shook his head as he refocused on the body lying in the hall. Moving closer to the figure, he patted his pockets. “Damn it…” he groaned forgetting his phone was in his coat pocket. Wishing that he had some kind of light or weapon, he hated the Jin had lost his skateboard.

Finally getting close enough to see Maggie, he moved quickly beside her. “Are you ok,” he asked seeing the look of pain on her face. Knowing that he probably looked as bad as she did, “Where are the others?”

Offline Ixy

Re: [ BTS ] Scenario One - Into the Shadows (IC)
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2013, 11:38:13 PM »
Maggie Foss
Location: Lost in the school
Tag: Robert

Her nerves are firing in one storm of flight instinct that, no doubt, remained in every human deep in their DNA, the fear of the lightning and talons in the dark, and when she hears the 'tok' of the debris against stone, or concrete, further ahead-- her body jolts involuntarily and she shrinks back a half step.  Then voices-- there's terror and hope all at once, so that she stares wide-eyed into the dark with her mouth agape and her labored breath knots her chest and throat tight together.

She mouths the name silently, then makes her way carefully, long legs as awkward as a newborn foal toward that sound.  When she sees him-- it's not him, in her mind, for a moment or two.  It's the thing before, the terror and the presence, it's being caught doing something terrible by something terrible itself.  Then she recognizes him, and the relief is fleeting, but desperately strong 

"Oh my god, Robert, I'm so scared--" a smudge of grime on her pale, thin face, her hair mottled with damp patches, she reaches out with her long, chipped-nailed hands.  "I'm... fine, I'm not hurt.  I can't breathe here--" her throat feels burned, like when she'd smoked the filter of one of her mother's Newports by accident.  She doubts she'll ever smoke again... a displaced thought amid the surreal reality.  "I don't know.  There... that man," (if she can) she squeezes Robert's shoulders, her slim fingers fiercely strong, "he wasn't a man, was he?  The others are gone, this this isn't the school, I don't know where we are."  She bites off the words, making out the glimmer of his eyes in the dark, and suddenly knowing that they will need each other to survive this.

"There's something up ahead of us," she shrugs, biting back tears and settling herself with a stinging breath.  "I saw windows, or something.  It's a way out... I think.  We've got to go there, we have to find help.  Okay?"

Offline MoralineTopic starter

Re: [ BTS ] Scenario One - Into the Shadows (IC)
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2013, 10:22:45 AM »


The clicking of hooves echoed along the halls somewhere in the shadows. At first it was faint but then it began to grow closer and louder. No images could be made out if they looked around but a glow from that side corridor would become clear. It had a flickering torchlight look to it that cast eerie shadows in the gloom. The light from the torches making the grey rolling cool acrid mist all the more obvious.

Things skittered in the dark, insect like and near their feet. If they looked down they would catch the glimpses of them large over-sized centipede things ducking in and out of the shadows of the rubble about their feet.

An ethereal ever so slightly glowing tiny form circled around them a few times with great speed. It moved out into the darkness then came back to them, circled again then back out into the dark. That's when a horn trumpeted out from down the hall. It's screech was harsh and raspy, not particularly all that loud but it was accompanied with the obvious sounds of shuffling feet running towards them.

Faces appeared among the torch light. Well, it was a face and several small flickering glowing objects, some of the little glowing objects seemed to ride the larger roughly six foot tall thing. They clung to it's horns and shoulders. They were in fact little tiny glowing pixies no more then a few inches tall. The thing with horns was a Satyr with the upper half of a man, and the lower half of a goat. It's head had large curled rams horns which the little glowing things sat on.

Satyr




Offline London

Re: [ BTS ] Scenario One - Into the Shadows (IC)
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2013, 12:37:38 PM »
Robert long
Location:lost in the school
Tag:Maggie


Robert had never felt so relieved to see anyone then when he saw Maggie. “I’m scared too,” he said his own breath coming in labored gasps. “I can’t breathe either. I fell like I’m in my grandfather’s study. Between his cigars and old moldy books I can’t breathe there either…” he said coughing, trying to get some of the acrid mist out of his lungs. Gasping as her hand squeezed his shoulder, one of her fingers found one of the deep cuts on his shoulder. She would feel the sticky wet feeling of the cut on her fingers as he reached up to pat her hand reassuringly. Listening to her, “We’re in the school… But it looks like part of it has collapsed. I was outside just a few minutes ago when I saw a couple lights. I was hoping that you and the others would be around one of them,” he said thinking about the pale light and the brighter one upstairs.

Taking her hand in his, he gave it a light squeeze, “I was just outside… The city looks worse then the school. We need to find the others and see if we can all get out of here.” After hearing things move around in the dark himself, which he really didn’t want to think about. “Where did you last see…” he stopped hearing the sound of hooves.

Slowly turning around when the sound of hooves reached them, Robert felt the hair on the back of his neck stand on end. Looking around, he quickly moved to grab one of the fire extinguishers. Holding it in both hands, gasped when he saw things moving in and out of the shadows, “Maggie…” he started before seeing the Satyr walking into view. Nearly dropping the fire extinguisher, he pulled it back up as he stepped in front of her, ready to swing it in defense of them both.

Offline Ixy

Re: [ BTS ] Scenario One - Into the Shadows (IC)
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2013, 09:49:27 PM »
Maggie Foss
Location: Lost in the school
Tag: Robert, the satyr

Maggie's body goes rigid at the sound of the approaching steps, the skittering on the hard floor and the echoes and whispers of something not human.  When the glowing lights emerge, for the briefest moment she thinks it's a fire-- the embers of the fire that destroyed the school, swarming in a backdraft.  Then she makes out the alien shape of the back-bent legs, the curled horns on the man's head, like a god made flesh in a way that fascinates the dreamer and terrifies the mortal.

She feels Robert stepping in front of her and she doesn't let go, her pale fingers easing up not out of terror, but out of concern for what must be his pain.  The boy was like her, afraid and alone, but as he turns from her she senses his courage and responds in turn.  No... he won't be fighting alone.

Maggie steps up beside him, fixated on the terrible beauty of the beast, knowing its will to consume her and its part of this darkness.  She stands forth, too, beside Robert, one hand lingering on his shoulder, the other balled into a trembling fist.  If she can, she will call out to it, her voice cracking at first before finding her defiant assurance, her heart's own darkness and courage bringing a voice stronger than her body could muster alone.  "Who are you?"

Offline MoralineTopic starter

Re: [ BTS ] Scenario One - Into the Shadows (IC)
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2013, 12:10:33 PM »


The Satyr and his tiny glowing companions stepped out of the shadows and into clear view before them. As far as Satyr's go he was well groomed and manicured. Strikingly handsome in a classical greek sort of way. The little glowing lights around him each shone with their own beautiful brilliance. He looked them over and smiled with warmth.

He spoke, "I am Cernunnos, you may call me Cern. Here as requested milady." He bowed slightly at the waist. His eyes watching them closely. "I suspect you are puzzled. Do not fear. We have come to guide you home. If you turn that direction we should be able to depart quickly. Clear the path for us." Cern motioned back to the blacked path ahead where only moments ago Maggie had been tossing a rock into. A small glowing figure whizzed along from that direction it flew in a quick circle around Maggie and Rob then came to rest on the Satyr's horn with the others.

"We must be quick, the darkness is pressing in on us from all sides and will soon swallow the light. Just will it clear and it will be so." He gestured for Maggie to go ahead.




@Maggie - If she decides to turn and think about clearing the path ahead she can do so through force of will. To her it would seem like something just on the edge of her mind - a thought of feeling that she could do it just like the time that she opened the door. Only this time it will come out as a wide sweeping force that will seem to sweep away some of the acrid mists and will blast back hundreds or thousands of little crawlies from in front.

Roll Dice 1-100

1-50 Total success and the path ahead is cleared out of the school and onto the grounds. It almost feels like she's physically pushing away the dark and critters.

51-90 She needs to try a few times and it's only partially successful but the path ahead is clear enough.

91-100  She almost scours the ground ahead free of all debris, crawlies, and all mist for approximately 100 feet right out to the road.



Offline London

Re: [ BTS ] Scenario One - Into the Shadows (IC)
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2013, 03:23:48 PM »
Robert Long
Location:Lost in the school
Tag:Maggie, Cern


Robert couldn’t help but feel relieved when she stepped up to fight with him. One part of him wanted her to try to run, but the other part was happy that she hadn’t. Taking a quick look at her, he turned back to watch the thing step out of the shadows. Nearly dropping his fire extinguisher when he got the first good look at the Satyr, “What the hell…” he said softly.

Looking to Maggie when Cern spoke to her, “Maggie… What does he mean you called him?” Ducking as the little figure flew around their heads, Robert couldn’t help but wonder again if he was in a bad video game or worse a nightmare. Looking at Maggie when the Satyr said she could clear the path, “Maggie I have a hard time believing this… But if we can get out of here give it a try…” Robert couldn’t help but think that the worse thing that might happen Might be nothing.

Turning to the Satyr, “If this is some kind of trick and you try to hurt her…” he said, lifting the fire extinguisher. Robert could vaguely remember stories of Satyr’s in his history classes and how they were tricksters.

Offline Ixy

Re: [ BTS ] Scenario One - Into the Shadows (IC)
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2013, 06:22:55 PM »
Maggie Foss
Location: Ruins of the school
Tag: Robert, Cern

Cern's voice is like black honey, striking a chord in her that is both familiar, comforting, and repulsive in its strangeness.  She stares at the being, uncertain that he is some hallucinatory figment just as she is uncertain of the reality consuming her, stifling her breaths so that she strains painfully for air, her lungs burning like when she fights to complete the last mile of a long run (cursing every cigarette she'd ever snuck along the way)...

"No," she says, soft enough for Robert barely to hear, "I don't--" she blinks at him, her large eyes glistening in the light of the glimmering little spirits.  Through the denim jacket sleeve, Robert can feel the long, slim arm beneath trembling as she turns to face that crawling darkness, feeling with certainty that it is a living thing-- many, in fact.  A swarm, a pestilence of things that are reaching for them in the dark, tightening upon them with every exhale so that the next breaths are harder and harder. 

Knowing that, she grows the same cold, emotional distance that she holds toward her mother's drunken insults, toward her stepfather's dehumanizing stares, toward her principals' indifference when she had still bothered trying to explain why she didn't have her homework because she spent all night carrying her possessions from an eviction to a low-income flat, why she couldn't let her little brother ride the bus alone, or why she didn't have a gym uniform because her mother had used it to clean her bong...

She's been ready for this her whole life, it seems, and the fear evaporates as surely as the venomous things in the dark part before her level stare and the cold, assured determination that, yes, they will move... she can feel her pulse in her breast and in her head, a throbbing pressure with the effort of focusing her will.

At 2013-09-11 18:05:17, Mags (uid: 768) rolls: 1d100 Result: 22

Offline MoralineTopic starter

Re: [ BTS ] Scenario One - Into the Shadows (IC)
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2013, 07:16:16 PM »


Maggie's attempt to exert her will on her surroundings works with great success. The path ahead is cleared out of the school and onto the grounds. It almost feels like she's physically pushing away the dark and critters. 
<<Ixy, you can describe the effects of your spell based on the results. You don't normally have to wait on me for it.>>

The area is cleared away of mist and crawlies. The air is actually a bit more breathable and the glow of the little glowing pixies penetrates the darkness more. There is even a tiny little cheering buzz from them as most of them lift off and fly ahead to light the path out.  One flies over and lands on Maggie's head from behind, it appears to reach down and hug her hair. There is a little buzz of indistinguishable words, but Maggie can hear it almost as clear as day. A child like voice whispering to her, "Yay, you did it! I knew you could!" Just moments before it flies off to join the others.

Cern steps up, his hoof stepping down and crunching a small chunk of concrete. "Well done. Very well done." He turns to smile at Robert. "I am not here to trick you at all but there is something out there that we must face in order to get out." He points out onto the streets and in the direction of their neighborhood.

The low rumbling of the freight train still off in the distance.

The satyr's eyes glance around a bit nervously. "I'm here as a guide." He nods to Maggie. "She sings to us like a siren's call. We could hear her from far across the mistlands. We will always come when she calls. We don't have time to stand around talking about this though we should be moving." His head inclines to Robert, "You must choose the way, whichever way it is should be a place where you are both called to. Is there a place where the two of you are.... united as one? My words fail me. A place that is close to your souls."




Offline London

Re: [ BTS ] Scenario One - Into the Shadows (IC)
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2013, 07:46:20 PM »
Robert Long
Location: Ruined School, followed by the grounds
Tag:Maggie, Cern


Robert could hardly believe his eyes when the darkness retreated from her. Feeling a breath of fresher air, he took a step forward trying to get some cleaner air into his lungs. Turning to look at Maggie, he was surprised when he saw the little thing fly over to hug Maggie’s air. “Maggie… That was incredible. I can hardly believe…” he paused when Cern spoke.

Turning to the Satyr, “What’s out there? Is it the same thing that attacked us and took our families?” Looking past Cern, he tried to focus on what was through the door. “As much as I hate to say it Maggie… We might find some cleaner air out there…” he stopped when he heard the train again. It didn’t make since that a train whistle could be heard. He had been at those tracks hundreds of times. He knew that half the rails had been removed years ago.

Trying to think of what he knew about Maggie, Robert shrugged. He wish he knew the young lady better, but she was in a grade above him. “I don’t know… Maggie works at The Fresh… But everyone goes there.” Moving toward the door to look out, “I just don’t…” he stopped before turning to look Maggie. “The old railroad…” he said stepping outside of the school. Still holding the fire extinguisher, he turned to Maggie, “That’s where we both hang out… That’s where we are both called to. You remember… I’m one of the guys on the skateboards…” he said waiting for her.

Offline Ixy

Re: [ BTS ] Scenario One - Into the Shadows (IC)
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2013, 08:35:05 PM »
Maggie Foss
Location: Ruins of the school
Tag: Robert, Cern

Mags stares into Robert's eyes, the detachment and distance fading quickly as she loses herself in his urgency and protective insistence.  "The barrens... down by the tracks--" somehow -- and, 100%, she doesn't know how-- it all makes sense.  She had gone there for comfort, to escape the dreariness of it all, like it was cut off from everything, the good and bad, and that was what a girl needed sometimes.

"Alright," she nods as she flicks her eyes back and forth between Cern and Robert, anxious to put distance between herself at this place, but somehow she is reluctant to leave Cern, like she's run into an old friend on the streets by accident only to rush off for some other commitment.  She cradles her hand up near one of the glowing figures, but doesn't quite try to touch it.  She meets the satyr's eyes, drunk on fascination and fear, and says quietly, "thank you" before squeezing Robert's arm and, turning to the light spilling through the broken structure, takes off with Robert (if) at a slow pace that builds with their swelling confidence.

Offline MoralineTopic starter

Re: [ BTS ] Scenario One - Into the Shadows (IC)
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2013, 08:53:52 PM »


Robert said, “What’s out there? Is it the same thing that attacked us and took our families?”

"I do not know. I only know that you must face it." Cern said.

He smiles at Maggie, "I'll not leave you alone. We are here to help." He follows right along behind them, the little glowing pixies all swarming ahead to cut the darkness. They move in fast little zig zags and often slip back quickly to buzz around Cern then out again.

The groups travel is swift with only a few pauses as Cern calls them to hide next to a wall as something moves in the shadows. "We are not meant to be here. They are trying to seize this opportunity to break through into your world. The barrier is in flux until you can get home again." He tries to communicate his understanding of what's happened to them, especially to Maggie. "We've never seen so many of you before at one time.... I.. I get ahead of myself though. I should tell you first that you are in the place known as the Mistlands. Well, one part of it. Here the barrier between our realm and yours is weak but that's because it only exists when all of you created it. The darkness is trying to spill out into it and find a path through you into the next place. Once we get you all home then the barrier will grow stronger again and stop them."

His words trail off again as he pulls them up short. It was only a few minutes travel but somehow they traveled clear across the neighborhoods and are now just across the street from the hole in the fence that leads to the old rail yards. The roaring of the freight train comes into focus with a nearly deafening sound.

"We must go there then," Cern has to shout to be heard and points to it.




Offline London

Re: [ BTS ] Scenario One - Into the Shadows (IC)
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2013, 05:46:35 AM »
Robert Long
Location:On the street moving toward the Barrens.
Tag:Maggie, Cern


“You’re a lot of help,” he smiled to Cern, “Sorry man. It’s just been a hell of a night.”

“The Barrens holds someplace special to us both. Hell I went there the first thing when I woke up…” Robert said. Patting her hand when she squeezed his arm, he walked with her, his own mind feeling at ease for going there.

Dropping the fire extinguisher next to the steps of the school, Robert kept looking around as they moved down the road toward the barrens. Listening to Cern try to explain what was happening, “You mean that this is some kind of limbo? We’re between our world and yours?” Looking at Maggie, “That explains why our families aren’t here. They are still in our world…” he stopped as they hide from some unseen creature. “What do you mean so many of us… You’re talking about Al and the others too aren’t you? What’s so special about the five of us,” he asked in a loud whisper while they were walking. “Is someone helping the others too,” he asked just before they stopped at the fence.

Surprised by how quickly they had traveled to the barrens, he couldn’t help but look around for signs of the train. Leaning closer to Cern so he could hear him, Robert nodded slowly before looking at the hole he had crawled through so many times. Turning to Maggie, he took her hand and gave it a little squeeze, “We can do this.” Letting go of her hand, he jogged across the road to take a closer look. Waiting until(if) she joins him, he slowly crawls through the hole in the fence.

Offline Ixy

Re: [ BTS ] Scenario One - Into the Shadows (IC)
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2013, 08:15:32 PM »
Maggie Foss
Location: On the street moving toward the Barrens.
Tag: Robert, Cern

Maggie doesn't seem to know what to make of Cern's presence... she should be reassured, perhaps?  He was helping, and he said she--or was it they?-- had summoned him, but something about the satyr's gaze gave her more than just butterflies.  It unnerved her in a way that little else did.

She, too, is amazed at how quickly they traveled, and she will join Robert at the gap in the chain link and take hold to help him pull it back, marveling at the coldness of the steel mesh on her fingers and the stillness of the night-- all the while, she fixes her attention on the necessity to keep the darkness (is that it...?  just the darkness?  no, it's THE darkness, isn't it?) at bay.  The roar of the train unsettles her... its headlamp burning the darkness around them into staccatoed shadows lends their movement the feeling of an old silent film, and she can smell the stagnant, meager water and diesel fumes so common to this place. 

She meets Robert's eyes once more, looking for reassurance as much as she is offering it in return, and if she can she will slip through the fence upon his heels.

Offline MoralineTopic starter

Re: [ BTS ] Scenario One - Into the Shadows (IC)
« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2013, 10:47:35 AM »
(( Just to be clear. There is no actual freight train, only the noise.))



As Maggie, Robert, Cern and the little pixies all cross through into the old train yard, they come to the building where Robert likes to do his boarding. Rounding the building to get into the fields known as the barrens the air clears up. The source of the great roaring is plainly visible.

The little lights of the pixies all grow dimmer and they rush back to hide behind the horned satyr. Cern says, "There it is. Beyond that, is the way out."

Ahead in the dark was a great swirling vortex of dirt and debris, it's appearance almost human-like as it stretched out up into the sky like a funnel then decreased it's height to something of more human-like proportions. Even in it's human-like form it was between eight to nine feet tall, it's shape and size constantly altering with winds of a couple hundred miles per hour. The base of the... thing scoured the ground clean, shattered branches and hurdled objects off in every direction. It almost appeared in pain, the expression mournful and it's winds howling in agony. The noise like that of a freight train.


Elemental

While standing together looking out at the raging elemental a chill would run up Maggie's spine. Out of the corner of her eye she would see the face of an old woman... Grace. No one else would be able to see her, only Maggie. The old woman pointed in a direction towards some large metal culvert tubes off to one side.




Offline London

Re: [ BTS ] Scenario One - Into the Shadows (IC)
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2013, 11:44:06 AM »
Robert Long
Location:The Barrens
Tag: Maggie, Cern


Robert’s eyes opened wider for a moment when he saw the tornado. Squinting from the dust and dirt being blown around the area, he watched as it shrank and appeared more human. Even after all that had happened he was still surprised to see something so strange. Looking between Maggie and Cern, he turned back to watch the creature.

Having to yell to be heard over the creatures howling, “Cern… What is that,” he asked unable to take his eyes from it. Watching as debris was thrown all around. He started to wonder if they could make their way past it. “Why does it look to be in pain,” he wondered out loud.

Looking at Maggie, “We need to find a way around him,” he said leaning close so she could hear him. “We can try to use the old boxcars, but I’m not sure what will happen if it gets to close…” Wondering if he could distract it, he looked around the building, “If I can find someway to distract it… You might be able to get by it…”

Offline Ixy

Re: [ BTS ] Scenario One - Into the Shadows (IC)
« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2013, 06:11:01 PM »
Maggie Foss
Location: The barrens
Tag: Robert, Cern

After the surreal ruins of the high school and the unearthly vision of Cern, Maggie had begun to accept that this was a fever-dream vision.  Despite the sensations-- the stinging pain from her superficial cuts, the tangible soft weave of Robert's shirt when she'd touched his arm, the pressure of the tiny sprite's touch to her hair, the cold sting of the torn chain-link fence along her bare cheek as she pressed past--  she had begun to flirt with the idea that this was a hallucination, and she would awaken any moment in a cold sweat in her own bed.  She would shower before the sun came up, and she would have breakfast on the table for her little brothers in a few moments-- probably generic corn flakes, which she would try to 'dress up' with sprinkled confectioner's sugar...

That notion is vain, crumbles like her composure at the sight of the giant shape of dust, wind, and debris that looms before them.  She cries out, backwards to the ground, then clambers to her feet.  She can barely hear Robert, but she stares at him, shaking her head with her blue-gray eyes glistening and huge at the shock of it, darting from Robert's face to the titan before them.

It's then that she sees something-- she gazes past Robert's shoulder, and she remembers to breathe with a couple gasps.  She shouts to be heard over the beast's horrid din, "NO-- COME ON, THIS WAY--" and tugs at Robert's shoulders as she starts running.  She's fast-- she's not a sprinter, sure, but if she can manage it, her fear and hope will drive her to cross the rocky turf like a gazelle, her jacket flapping from her chest as she takes off running.

Offline MoralineTopic starter

Re: [ BTS ] Scenario One - Into the Shadows (IC)
« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2013, 06:33:47 PM »


Cern yells as he runs, "It's an Air Elemental. I don't understand what has it worked up though. They are usually as gentle as a spring breeze."  Cern places himself between the elemental's flying debris and Maggie the whole way. His powerful animal legs launching him with horse like speeds. As they come to a halt next to the culverts he shields Maggie still by crouching in front, near the opening, so she is safely hidden behind. The little pixies fly into and around the interior to light it up, they appear very happy to be able flying again. Previously the winds had forced the little sprite to cling to Cern for fear of being blown away. 

"I see something," Cern shouts to them. "In the shadows down by the brook. The water appears frozen. It should not be. I suspect the way out is under that. Young man, if we distract it for a few moments could you run and see if something is out of place down there? You would know it if you seen it. I dare not go myself, I am too large and awkward for stealth but you may make it. I promise that I will not lot it harm you."





Offline London

Re: [ BTS ] Scenario One - Into the Shadows (IC)
« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2013, 06:52:55 PM »
Robert Long
Location:The Barrens
Tag:Maggie, Cern


Looking where Maggie was pointing, Robert ran after her. Staying between her and the Elemental as they ran, he ducked down once they got to the culvert. Yelling so he could be heard over the noise, “What do you mean they are gentle… That doesn’t look anything like gentle. I’ve seen tornados that do less damage.”

Following Cern’s eyes to the frozen water, he nodded slowly. He knew he had to make sure they got back to their world. Looking at Maggie, he gave her a nervous smile, “When I give you the single throw some stuff around. It might be distracted by things flying into it’s wind… I hope…”

Running out of the culvert before he over thought the intelligence of what he was going to do, Robert ran toward on of the old stacks of pallets. Feeling the pallets shack behind him, he didn’t stay long before running toward a box car. Sliding along the gravel as he got to it, Robert held back a scream from the gravel getting into the numerous cuts on his body. Crawling under the old car, he looked at the frozen brook a short way around him. Waving to Maggie to start her distraction, he waited to see what happened before running down to the water to look around.

Offline Ixy

Re: [ BTS ] Scenario One - Into the Shadows (IC)
« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2013, 07:21:00 PM »
Maggie Foss
Location: The barrens
Tag: Robert, Cern

Mags is both afraid of and enamored with the Satyr when he speaks to her-- she nods, backs away like a shy animal, then turns her attention to the air elemental.  A distraction-- she remembers focusing her mind earlier, drawing on an intangible that she could use her will to push back the darkness.  That raises the question... what else can she do?

With some distance between them, she will step out into the open-- fully aware of the danger of the storm winds, she readies herself to dive for cover.  She sets her feet and digs into the soil with the soles of her boots, ready to spring, and -- if she can, she will focus her mind on assailing the strange titan.  Pushing it, disrupting it, perhaps?  She imagines those lines of force she was able to direct wrapping around this column of air in its gargantuan shape and twisting it.  Failing that, she will try to imagine the loose debris-- pallets, coils of fence, loose branches or spare railroad ties-- hurling in its direction.

Finally, if all that fails, she will simply scream at it, jump up and down waving her arms-- and, if it notices her, she will run like hell.

Offline MoralineTopic starter

Re: [ BTS ] Scenario One - Into the Shadows (IC)
« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2013, 08:08:19 PM »


Cern steps out as Maggie does and puts himself a step ahead of her. He pulls out a rams horn and blows on it. The horn emits a dull raspy call but garners the attention of the raging elemental. In that moment it responds with a parallel mournful sound. That is when Maggie is able to cast her spells <see below for results.>

Robert makes the dash for the brook and as he enters the shadow of a bush he catches the glimpse of himself disappearing into the shadows. His legs just seem to vanish in the dark. Maybe it was a trick of the mind, he would continue in his rush to the ice. His body is shielded from sight of the Elemental for a moment by the shadow of a bush and he is now on the side of the brook, <see below for what happens.>

Crouched by the brook in the dark shadows he would see that the arms in front of him did not exist although he knew they were there <perhaps holding a rock.> If he tried to look at his feet they would be simply invisible as well. In the shadows he would feel a sense of protection that was instinctive. He had merged with them, hid within them. It was like being invisible although he knew that he was still tangibly there and present but just unseen for as long as he willed it to be so within the dark of a deep shadow.

The elemental howled in front of Maggie and Cern, it ripped off a piece of metal siding and hurled it. The siding caught Cern in the chest and he flew back onto the ground. The little glowing pixies shot out from the culvert where they had remained hidden. Their tiny bodies fighting against the winds until they were at Cerns side on the ground. A pool of blood began to grow beside him.

The storm's raging winds slowed and the rumble stopped. It was not much more then a wispy bit of leaves and dirt swirling about. It turned to the brook where Robert had gone and remained with fixed gaze on the shorelines shadows.



@Robert - Roll 1-100
1-60  You'll find a small whirlpool of water frozen in the ice. It has eyes and some sort of form too, it's eyes are staring up at you unblinking. You know that somehow the two elementals must be related.
61-100 You feel compelled by instinct to shatter the ice with a rock and as you do it a little eddie of water drifts down stream, it's features hold a similarity to the raging winds behind you. 

@Maggie - Roll 1-100,
1-50  You'll partially disrupt the vortex and also hurl stuff at it which it will simply hurl back at you with far more velocity then what was sent at it.
51-100  You'll feel the force of will flash out at the vortex like solid wall but it will get caught up by the elemental and be hurdled back at you with equal force - enough to knock you to the ground.






Offline London

Re: [ BTS ] Scenario One - Into the Shadows (IC)
« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2013, 08:39:26 PM »
Robert Long
Location:The Barrens
Tag:Maggie, Cern


At 2013-09-14 20:14:15, Robert Long (uid: 4265) rolls: 1d100 Result: 58

Ducking into the shadow of the bush, Robert shook his head from the sudden vision of himself running. Staying the safety of the shadow, Robert took a long breath, before he looking at the frozen water. Confused when he saw what could only be described as eyes in the ice, he rubbed his eyes to make sure he wasn’t seeing things. Looking at his hand, or where his hand was supposed to be, he flexed his fingers feeling them move. Looking at his feet, he knew he would have to worry about why he couldn’t see himself later. Maggie and Cern were in to much danger for him to take long.

Leaning closer to get a better look at the thing in the water, he was shocked to see what could have only been another Elemental. “That’s why…” he said to himself, not seeing what was happening with Maggie and Cern. Hitting the ice with his fist, he groaned and shook his hand from the pain from the impact. Trying to think of some way to get the thing out of the ice, he looked around before picking up a rock. Taking several deep breaths as he held the rock, he hit the ice a couple times lightly before hitting it harder. "Please let this work..." he said as he hit the ice a second time.



Offline Ixy

Re: [ BTS ] Scenario One - Into the Shadows (IC)
« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2013, 09:42:36 PM »
Maggie Foss
Location: The barrens
Tag: Robert, Cern

Maggie's rage flashes out at the elemental when she sees Cern toppled by the material-- in a panic, she lashes out with her mind, only to feel its fury push back and, quite literally, knock the wind from her.  She cries out, her voice barely audible over the roar of the tornadoes in this beast's core, as she is thrown from her feet and lands, hard, on the ground. 

She then notices the blood-- something breaks deep in her soul and despair drowns the passion and the fear in her, spilling out in a cry of "No!" as she throws herself toward the fallen satyr, feeling like a puppet with mangled strings as she fights the reeling disorientation and the searing pain of the injury to throw herself toward where Cern lays bleeding.  She tries to reach him, to help him move-- to get him out of harm's way with her, if she can.

 At 2013-09-14 21:36:44, Mags (uid: 768) rolls: 1d100 Result: 99

Offline MoralineTopic starter

Re: [ BTS ] Scenario One - Into the Shadows (IC)
« Reply #28 on: September 14, 2013, 10:40:37 PM »


Robert's chopping at the ice with stone caused it to begin to break up but drew the attention of the elemental. It's now relative calm winds churning up dry grass and leaves as it approached. The rustling of the bush behind Robert giving it's presence away. It saw him, eyes fixed and watching.

The ice broke as Robert's last chop came down. The current took the ice flows away and the little frozen eddie of water appeared to swirl off out into the brook. It's eyes closed and it vanished as if always part of the waters.

Back on the grounds where Cern and Maggie were she had tried to help him move. Cern was heavy. His six foot tall frame all lean heavy muscle and thick hind quarters being pure solid muscle as well. He reached over and took Maggie's hand thrusting his horn into it. Cern tried to speak but the metal had cut him deep across the chest and his words came out with a gurgle of sound.  Little dimmed pixies hummed with a quite wailing as they cried into his body. They clung to him, tiny little hands trying to lift him. Maggie could feel the heartache of the pixies. It would echo inside of her.

One little pixie glowed brightly and tried to push the horn up further into Maggie's hand. She was trying to say something. If she put her head down to hear the tiny voice, or really tried to listen it would become clear to her. "Blow the horn."





Offline Ixy

Re: [ BTS ] Scenario One - Into the Shadows (IC)
« Reply #29 on: September 15, 2013, 03:20:42 AM »
Maggie Foss
Location: The barrens
Tag: Robert, Cern

Tears stinging her eyes, Maggie touches around Cern's wounds as despair and pain seep in... she had called him to this, she knew in her heart it was true.  She had caused this to Cern, who had suffered this wound for her.  Her breaths sobs, she hears the sprites' cries and listens, lifting the horn that they gesture to her and twisting its awkward shape in her long-fingered hands. 

It requires determination-- she has to steel herself against the pain and the terror that rage in her like smoldering cinders, burning and consuming her inside.  She takes up Cern's horn and hesitates, just for a moment, before placing it to her mouth and blowing.  She knows how to produce sound from a horn, somehow... something she knows deep in her heard, whether from memory or from instinct.  Her lips buzz into the aperture and she tries to let forth a powerful blast from the curved instrument, her lungs filling and releasing with a heave of her thin shoulders and breast.

Offline London

Re: [ BTS ] Scenario One - Into the Shadows (IC)
« Reply #30 on: September 15, 2013, 12:02:48 PM »
Robert Long
Location:The Barrens
Tag:Maggie, Cern, Elemental


As he worked on chipping away the ice, Robert felt the Elemental come up behind him. Trying not to think about the giant human tornado, he continued to work on the ice. Just as the ice started to break he became aware of the soft breeze blowing around him instead of the tornado force gale that was blowing around when they first saw him. Watching as the ice finally broke apart, he gasped when he saw the eyes close and the eddie of water swirl away. Slowly standing up, he watched as the eyes became part of the water. Turning around to look up at the Elemental, he watched it as he waited to see what it would do.

With the Elemental now quiet, Robert heard the blast from the Satyr’s horn. Slowly turning to look in the direction of the sound, Robert felt his heart jump to his throat. Seeing the Satyr on the ground and Maggie blowing in his horn, he didn’t think twice as he ran to them. Sliding to a stop, he fell to his knees as he looked at the deep wound across Cern’s chest. “Oh Shit…” he gasped as he pulled his t-shirt off. Placing it on the bloody wound, “Maggie… Are you ok,” he asked trying to stop the blood.

Looking to the Elemental, “I tried to help you… Now please find some help for him…”

Offline MoralineTopic starter

Re: [ BTS ] Scenario One - Into the Shadows (IC)
« Reply #31 on: September 15, 2013, 01:20:12 PM »


Robert ran over to help and tried to stop the bleeding but Cern had fully lost consciousness by the time he got there. A million little skittering things started to crawl around in the shadows and encroached. The darkness itself grew more oppressive with a palpable weight and the large elemental moved towards the people on the ground.  The little pixies all fly to Maggie and hid in corners of her clothing and among her hair, bracing themselves for what was coming.

With darkness all around and closing down the elemental suddenly whipped like a coiled snake and overtook them on the ground before they had time to react. A slight warm spring breeze blew across their cheeks and in a heartbeat they were all inside the eye of the vortex. Here it was calm, the darkness felt less oppressive. Outside it though the darkness itself encased the area blotting out all light. Only the glow of the pixies gave them light to see one another guy. Insectoid like faces as large as a human's head could be seen in the reflection of the glow. Long pointy legs the size swords tried to reach in to grab at the group on the ground. As the legs reached in the winds of the storm began to spin violently with the force of a tornado. Still the inside remained calm. The fierce winds ripped the legs from the large insects. The wind spun faster and faster, it howled it's rage and pain.

Cern stirred, his eyes fluttering open and looked about. He did not speak but stared up at Maggie. Then his form began to dissipate. Maggie would feel it pass from existence and into her own being. No longer Cern the Satyr but instead as a symbol of strength and courage within her own will. It became something she could call forth as her own and give it the form of the Satyr. The little voices of the pixies now growing stronger in her own mind as well. They were sad now but somehow glad for the passing. One whispered in her ear, "Do not cry, his pain has passed and he has returned to our realm. What you saw was just an aspect of his form given shape but now it's yours. His gift to you. You should continue to blow the horn and help will come, you are the summoner and only you have the strength inside you to summon the Fae to your aid."

The little pixies at that moment all let go of Maggie and flew up then out into the winds. Their tiny little bodies glowing as bright as light bulbs as they swirled about in the winds at hundreds of miles per hour creating a blinding blue of dazzling lights. The vortex of light so bright that the darkness was repelled by it and drew back, no longer trying to reach within the winds.




@Robert - Roll 1-100.
1-75 And you instinctively understand that the Elemental vortex doesn't want to be here. You can sense and feel it's dislike for the dark but more importantly you can also sense that it is trapped here and unable to leave. It wails and howls are that of a trapped animal. It possess not human like intelligence but it more like that of an animal.

76-99 The Elemental's emotional sense of being trapped, it's panic, it's pain flood into you deeply as your mind awakens to the connection with it. It's pain becomes your own almost completely overtaking you emotionally.

100 And you will absorb it's aspect into you immediately to take completely control over it.

@Maggie - Roll 1-100.
1-70  You blow the horn with the feeling like you are summoning help. As if your will is reaching out and pulling help to you. You can feel the little minds of the pixies near you, can feel their tiny little fighting spirits glowing for all they are worth to push back and hold back the dark for you. You just know that help will come soon.

71-90   You blow the horn with the feeling like you are summoning help. As if your will is reaching out and pulling help to you. An understanding of where are you will take hold of you. An understanding of how to move within these lands and what you need to accomplish those goals. <to be explained to you via PM's and of course partially by reading the Godmother's explanation of things in the GM posts in the other thread.)

91-100  As you blow the horn and feel help coming it takes a form in your mind. The form of an ethereal woman with long white hair and she is accompanied by others that you were with earlier. They are close at hand you only need to hold on a short while longer.




Offline London

Re: [ BTS ] Scenario One - Into the Shadows (IC)
« Reply #32 on: September 15, 2013, 02:08:08 PM »
Robert Long
Location:The Barrens
Tag:Maggie, Cern, Elemental


At 2013-09-15 13:28:44, Robert Long (uid: 4265) rolls: 1d100 Result: 93

Trying everything he could to get the bleeding to stop, Robert continues to move the bloody shirt around the Satyr’s chest. “Cern… I shouldn’t have had you two to try to distract it… I’m sorry. It was too dangerous…” he said softly, putting pressure on the terrorible wound.

Feeling the darkness closing in, he caught movement out of the corner of his eye. Seeing the elemental moving closer, he couldn’t help but wonder what was going to happen next. Looking around the ground to find something to fight with, he gasped when the elemental spring. As the vortex wrapped around them, Robert moved to cover Cern’s body to protect him. When he felt the light breeze, Robert looked around, his eyes wide when he realized that they were in the eye of the vortex, “What the hell…”

Seeing the insect like creatures being torn apart, a sudden pain raged through Robert. Screaming out in pain, he fell back from Cern, landing on his back beside the Satyr. Forcing the pain down, his mind filled with the thoughts from the elemental. Pain, fear, rage, panic… ran through him as he forced it down. Rolling over onto his hands and knees, he panted as he tried to force his mind to clear, “No… I am not trapped…” he growled through clinched teeth. Seeing Cern’s body dissolve, he was surprised when a glowing light started to spread. Looking to the wind, he could see the spinning blue lights of the pixies.

Offline Ixy

Re: [ BTS ] Scenario One - Into the Shadows (IC)
« Reply #33 on: September 15, 2013, 03:01:07 PM »
Maggie Foss
Location: The barrens, in the whirlwind
Tag: Robert

Maggie's hands tremble on the horn as she lowers it from her lips, the mournful peal of the horn having been silenced by the storm already.  There in the chamber at the storm's eye, tears won't quite break through, and she kneels and sits back with Cern's head and shoulder resting on the soot-stained thighs of her jeans.

As he fades, Maggie's fair eyes flicker with understanding as her mind is awash with memories...understandings not her own, but belonging to her somehow.  She doesn't breathe, but when the understanding settles in and she snaps back to awareness of her surroundings, Cern is gone, nothing but the dust of his passing left behind.

Robert's cry of pain jars Mags from the stupor, and she immediately reaches for him.  For just a moment, her pale skin and eyes are luminous with the remnant of fae's light.  "It's alright," she murmurs, her hands cool and comforting on his face.  "It's alright, I understand it now... just hold on, help is on the way."

At 2013-09-15 13:27:46, Mags (uid: 768) rolls: 1d100 Result: 81

Offline MoralineTopic starter

Re: [ BTS ] Scenario One - Into the Shadows (IC)
« Reply #34 on: September 16, 2013, 12:26:42 PM »


The little lights swirling within the vortex began to fade and one by one they crashed within the calm air. Their tiny little bodies landing on the ground. If anyone were to move up really close they would see tiny broken wings, little scratches, and in some cases they appeared unconscious. Until one by one all of the lights went out.

The darkness took a deep breath and then crashed down against the wall of the vortex. It's spinning funnel of wind collapsing then reforming. The rumbling sound of it growing deeper and less consistent. The winds began to grow black with the bits and pieces of crushed insectoid demons.





@Robert - Roll 1-100

1-50 You feel the Elemental's pain and sense that you can give it strength by willing it to continue on. By doing this you will feel the presence of it fade and your mind taking full control of the winds. There is no way to break free of here but you can take over and let the winds continue to rage to protect you from the darkness outside.

51-90  All of the above plus you will see through it's eyes, feel it as if you were the elemental. You gain absolute control over it. Unfortunately that also means from this elevated vantage point you can see into the shadows and into the darkness. Not far from here on top of the old abandoned rail cars stands what looks like a cloaked human. At his feet are twisted malformed savage looking black animal like things. They are beginning to stalk their way through the thousands insectoid things all heading in your direction. Feel free to use the Elemental's vortex to occasionally reach out and carve a wide swatch of destruction through the darkness.

91-100  All of the above + Being able to see through the Elementals eyes you can see the glow of light down by the brooks edge where you were. It's a faint glow within the water.  Feel free to use the Elemental's vortex to occasionally reach out and carve a wide swatch of destruction through the darkness.


@Maggie  Roll 1-100

1-75  You can hear one tiny voice, really more like images in your head. It's the little pixie that first hugged your hair. She has flown off. She went up and out the top of the vortex then off.  The little pixie sees a woman in a long flowing blue dress and silken white hair. She is coming this way and her light shines like the blinding sun. There is a happiness to the pixie as she darts downwards to greet the woman.

76-90  The above but as the pixie flies down she is struck by something in the air. The images go dark and her little pixie voice is gone from your mind.

91-100  (All from 1-75, plus...) The little pixie sees your friends as she flies down.

Offline London

Re: [ BTS ] Scenario One - Into the Shadows (IC)
« Reply #35 on: September 16, 2013, 03:34:51 PM »
Robert Long
Location:The Barrens
Tag:Maggie, Elemental


At 2013-09-16 15:13:58, Robert Long (uid: 4265) rolls: 1d100 Result: 47

Feeling the pain of the elemental, Robert screamed again before realizing that he might be able to help. Pulling the pain to himself, he forced his own strength out to it. Feeling the wind grow stronger from the use of his strength, he growled as he fought to help the elemental. “They will… No… Not… Gettt… Through…” he said through clinched teeth.

Breathing deeply, he slowly sat up, his eyes closed as he felt the wind blowing around them. Opening his eyes, he didn’t notice at first that the pixies had fallen from the vortex. Seeing the legs and bodies of the insect being torn apart as they tried to push through the vortex, Robert slowly stood up, his mind filled with rage for what they bugs had done. His face appeared calm, the pain gone as he looked out into the darkness. Smiling every time an insect was torn to pieces, the wind speeds up more as more insects try to get to them.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2013, 04:30:59 PM by London »

Offline Ixy

Re: [ BTS ] Scenario One - Into the Shadows (IC)
« Reply #36 on: September 16, 2013, 06:55:08 PM »
Maggie Foss
Location: The barrens, in the whirlwind
Tag: Robert

"Oh God, they're dying..." Maggie feels utterly helpless as she loses the fae spirits one by one, each winking into darkness.  She can feel Robert fighting within the elemental, or sharing its experience some way, and she wraps one arm over his shoulders and lowers her face beside his, her red hair spilling over one of his shoulders.

"Just a little longer... she's almost here," Mags murmurs, trying to focus her will with his, to push back the dark from within and to hold him up.  She doesn't understand how Cern's becoming part of her works, or how to share any of that with Robert, but she tries.  "Hold on.  Just hold on."  Every glimmer fading, she focuses her own will, her own light, to find Robert's and to push back the dark beyond.


At 2013-09-16 18:47:33, Maggie (uid: 768) rolls: 1d100 Result: 58

Offline MoralineTopic starter

Re: [ BTS ] Scenario One - Into the Shadows (IC)
« Reply #37 on: September 18, 2013, 12:26:14 PM »



Move posting over to main thread: (Click Here)

Posting Order:
*Give the other three a chance to post before you(Maggie & Robert) post a greeting to them as they arrive.

Notes about meeting them:

@Robert - You will feel the Elemental vortex collapsing and it's essence fail (it becomes empty) when the others arrive and you are able to absorb it's aspect - take control of it and use it to lash out at the dark demon things around you. SO when it's your turn to post, feel free to lift the vortex off of you and Maggie then smash some demon insects before/during the meet up with the others.

@Maggie - As soon as the others arrive you can scoop up the little pixies to take with you. They just need rest to recharge themselves - and maybe some food (they like to eat.) You can also guide everyone to the edge of the brook where you and Robert will see/know there is a way out of the dark realm. But it will take the Fairy Godmother's arcane energies to unlock it. *You know all of this intuitively from the mental bond you have with the little Pixies and from the knowledge of the Mistlands passed onto you from Cern.






This thread is now closed.