Vampire: the Masquerade {{ST wanted!}}

Started by Narianna, December 31, 2010, 03:30:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Narianna

So the newest thread I could find requesting a specific Vampire: the Masquerade role play was 120 threads old. I figured I'd start a new one.

I'm really really interested in playing in a Vampire: the Masquerade group role play. I was hoping to drum up attention and a possible story teller. Please let me know via this thread if anyone is interested or knows of a current Vampire: the Masquerade role play that is accepting members. I feel the hardest part is going to be finding an ST.

fallensaviour

it usually is the most difficult part, though i'm down for a vtm :D

TwistedRequiem

I would also like to do a vtm group role-play, I was part of a group at one point but the storyteller did something and lost track of everything and more or less didn't give a damn enough to try and revive it.I used to have a Malkavian char and sheet,but if we could get a group started i'd be more than happy to start a fresh one.
Those who do not look before they leap get struck by oncoming traffic.~DLT~

BenedictWolfe

If you get an ST I might be interested in joining, depending on the set up.

Kyou

I would like to join this rp I love vamps yay! What do you need the storyteller to do?

fallensaviour

well...run the game...since thats what most story tellers do

playfullchick76

I've tried to set one up myself, but theres rarely enough interest. But I would love to be a part of one. I didnt follow the roleplaying game, but I followed the TV series. It did simplify things enough, and I know what character I could play.

Narianna

I'm played VTM via table top gaming before but never online. I've also never played online role playing games that weren't story telling based. I'd prefer the game to be heavily role playing and less about dice rolls but I'm willing to learn how to play that way if necessary. I've always wanted to delve in deeper to the actual character and story lines when it came to VtM because it just seems like it would be so much fun to play. Very detailed and laid out.

fallensaviour

i've got a couple of things i could run...torrie anti trib, setite, malkavian, tzimicie...all sorts of fun things

Kate

I wouldn't mind being a ST for this ... but I would have a few requirements.. and i am not sure if my style is everyones cup of tea.

playfullchick76

TheVillain

Indeed. Tentative interest depending on Kate's requirements.
My O/O's / My A/A's / My Ideas
Update - Apologies to all my partners, real life is exploding and I've gotten far behind.

Senti

kind of interested. I do have a character.

Narianna

I would love hearing ideas from Fallen and Kate. Twisted has a possible ST in mind as well. I would really like to play an Assamite. I have a profile that I spent a few hours researching to make. But I am open to playing summin else.

fallensaviour

Quote from: Narianna on January 01, 2011, 05:02:38 PM
I would love hearing ideas from Fallen and Kate. Twisted has a possible ST in mind as well. I would really like to play an Assamite. I have a profile that I spent a few hours researching to make. But I am open to playing summin else.
fffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

assimites and me dont have a good history...one of my tabletop games had a guy who was getting ready to move away to college playing one who threw a grenade at my setite because he wanted to make his last session more epic...i was walking around with like 4 agg until the russian brujah i'd nicknamed drago finished the job...like 5 min later...of course the dm made this up to me by handing me a blank char sheet and said to build my chars sire and just put whatever dots i wanted on the sheet he'd make adjustments

Senti

playfullchick76

Mine would be a Toreador, betrayed and fatally injured, offered the choice of dying and being embraced. She chose to become a vampire.

Narianna

Quote from: fallensaviour on January 01, 2011, 05:15:11 PM
fffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

assimites and me dont have a good history...one of my tabletop games had a guy who was getting ready to move away to college playing one who threw a grenade at my setite because he wanted to make his last session more epic...i was walking around with like 4 agg until the russian brujah i'd nicknamed drago finished the job...like 5 min later...of course the dm made this up to me by handing me a blank char sheet and said to build my chars sire and just put whatever dots i wanted on the sheet he'd make adjustments

Oh that's not how I play. lol I've actually only played an Assamite once before and not for very long. She wasn't a very old generation either. There weren't many dots to play with. I like to play my character as close to role as possible. It's important to me to not use OOC knowledge or take actions other than what my character would actually do in real life.

fallensaviour

i ment i was down for playing...not running...though i do have a really good idea i'd be willing to share with a st

fallensaviour

hmm... damn...i was wanting to play a malk as well...this could get interesting... here's my build http://sheetgen.dalines.net/sheet/7307

in all honesty its probably an expy of scarecrow from batman...but still

Senti

Kate

My requirements are as follows

a) A photo-realistic picture of your character - this can be CG/3D photo shopped but anything cartoonish is out.
Why ? Because i think photo realism aids suspension of disbelief.

b) At the start of each post you have your character name that is a hyperlink to your character post, this sounds annoying but when you read others posts you think => Yah!

c) The vampires that are old/powerful MUST have some interest in the culture - ie they have something to protect. If you want to play a vampire that runs about being immature because they have yet to grow up or manage their nature => Its a new one - likely one ther older vampires will want to reign in or have done so already.

d) Agreement is made for time (either contemporary or Victorian era)

e) Dialogue is very useful => In your posts try and talking of what you thinking instead of just thinking it. ie "think aloud when possible" as it gives others hooks for their posts

f) Although a system template will be adopted by some (perhaps all) I will use it to work out vague strengths and weakness only - how successful things are will be determined by.

1) Plot - if i want you to win or succeed to move the plot in a direction that will happen regardless
  2) How well you role play your character to be believable ( not liked or useful ... believable).
      ( No dice rolls will occur (your "dice role" is how well you role play - so expect flippant posts to fail for things that are stressful, more success you want ? Write about how it is ... [[ see point I ]] )

So if I have a person shoot your character with a crossbow and it hits you in the chest and your down and out... but not dead please please no long string of "but that wouldn't happen because Im too cool/too powerful / too prepared for that to be feasible or to "be right with the rules". Rules smooles, they are a guideline only, they will be likely ignored any time one sees fit

g) Each character will have the following traits:

- 1 - "Quotes': common phrases your character is likely to say - this is a very good indication on what
          personality they have. (eg : "You threatening me ? grrrr !" "Whatever hon ... good luck
          with that attitude")
  - 2 - Quirks and Habits: Same reason above.

h) Each character has several objectives that dont concern them becoming an all powerful "creature" which more or less stays true regardless of previous success on the endeavors - eg "Love to paint" / Want to acquire fine art / want to rule Germany behind the scenes / love building ships etc.

I) Be assumptous in posts. There is nothing worse than seeing a post that is really short because they need to wait on another mundane response for something... this can upset the flow of motion for things progressing.

Ie feel free to "God mode" what is happening around you to finish a scene ( even some responses other character may make (assuming its believable based on their quirks and quotes)... usually I will reward or punish characters for reasons that are hard to fathom, but later they will be rewarded to compensate.

If in doubt thinking "Hmm Im going to god mode character X now ... who is an NPC or a another player" I think this could annoy them. .. "but if I don't i cant finish the scene and progress" lean towards plot movement / story line advancement. If this happens to your character in a way that really is annoying ... rest assured later it will work to your favor.

J) Being vampires your used to having some cool thing going and it all disappears in a heart beat and you have to relocate and set yourself up again... this will likely happen... as frustrating as it is setting yourself up anew with another vamp or two could be good fun.

K) Paranormal things do exist, creatures or entities and societies which are more powerful than vampires exist which facing dead on alone is suicide. I.e no matter how powerful you are or get your not "king of the hill".
These things more or less will stay very mysterious - although it doesn't mean your character can't learn some weaknesses or their behavior about them.

L) If your character wants to make vampires which are enthralled under yours its ok, but it means you have to make another character in the character section - even if you don't really play them. This logistical overhead
should be hassle enough to make most interested in role playing what they have.

- now the most important one..... (this is the experiment part)

M) VERY soon it will be clear which players write alot and are decent writers as far as effort goes and realism -
now if you think you see ANOTHER that is this - you say so in OOC - and that gives them HONORARY Storyteller powers. Which means that they can at ANY time (Without confirming with me first) ANYWHERE post as if the storyteller.... usually they will do so as they see a plot and get inspired... or see a choke points they wish to resolve - to me that inspiration / desire should be immediately adopted without hesitation or fear of pissing off the main story teller - if your deemed honorary ST ... its assumed whatever your going to do is in theme enough for more good than bad to happen.

In short this plan is to optimize

a) fast paced posting.
  b) Lessen the load on any one Storyteller (lessening the bias from one storyteller also)
  c) Remove choke points of waiting for a specific PLAYER or STORYTELLER.

At the jeopardy of

a) Detailed control over your characters actions
  b) Consistency with all rules defined by the system.
  c) Balance and fairness

N) If you CAN find a photo realistic picture or art for a scene or action your doing Find it post it in the thread.
More pictures the more believable the scene is, this isn't necessary and can be a hassle but you will adore it when you see others do so. You have a castle ? Cool ... what is it like - picture .... You have a four horse coach ? Fine ... picture. The more believable things seem the more I will approve with it.

O) If you personally have power issues or any issues concerning how things are turning out - no need to complain in OOC IF you can role play a resolution ( remember others may be aggressive/assumptions on your character - you can do likewise with the world for your objectives )

P) Feel free to hurt other characters or be devious to each other (as ideally your not all in the same house or clan) but dont discuss plans in OOC (let it stay a mystery for all) - discuss them in PMS with other vamps.

Q) Some players will have different kinks, sex scenes should be done in sub-threads linked from main ones in a manner that implies content. (eg EX / mul etc) ... put them in the right section .. and if its not your thing
DON'T read them.

---- Personally I prefer the Victorian era, and that the setting is Europe (late 18 hundreds) ----

TheVillain

While I like these conditions, I question whether or not I should. My NYR is to write more, got to get the time from somewhere.
My O/O's / My A/A's / My Ideas
Update - Apologies to all my partners, real life is exploding and I've gotten far behind.

Narianna

Well Kate, I'm very impressed with your rules and regulations. I'm a bit worried about the God modding option (due to bad experiences with bad role players) but I'm willing to try it and see how it turns out. I would be really excited about playing in a VtM game if you run it. If you would like to start an interest thread of your own, I would be more than happy to post a point in its direction and lock this particular thread. I'd love to hear your idea and what you will and won't accept when it comes to character building.

Braioch

Argh, I finally come across a VtM thread and it already has a mass of people interested....not surprising though :P

I'll wait for the next train though ^_^
I'm also on Discord (like, all the time), so feel free to ask about that if you want

[tr]
   [td]
[/td]
   [td]
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

Narianna

Well Braioch, we have 4 yeses and 3 maybes. And someone always ends up pulling out. There's also 13 different clans so I don't think you'd have a problem figuring out a character to play. lol

playfullchick76

Im ready when everyone else is. I dont know whether its better to be newly embraced, or a few months to a year into my new 'life' as a Toreador clan vampire.

Braioch

Quote from: Narianna on January 02, 2011, 01:43:31 AM
Well Braioch, we have 4 yeses and 3 maybes. And someone always ends up pulling out. There's also 13 different clans so I don't think you'd have a problem figuring out a character to play. lol

Can't have two characters from the same clan?
I'm also on Discord (like, all the time), so feel free to ask about that if you want

[tr]
   [td]
[/td]
   [td]
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

Senti

Am I ok to have a Malkavian?

If not... a Gangrel

Kate

Concerning the "God moding" option.

I would prefer if people refrain from God-moding too much.
Its only an option when you are frustrated that your plot isnt moving and feel like posting but can't.
If you have to wait a week or whatever what happens is you dont come back - the immersion is lost.

Storytellers likely will god-mode characters (character preferably dont ... unless under extreme circumstances
where no ST or honorary ST are about to resolve it).

I dont think this will happen as much as some fear. Its just something I dont think bad of if there is a good reason and is done well. Its best done when ending a scene to move to the next..
ie if its safe to assume your moving elsewhere and your with someone (for mutual objective stuff).

EG: You can write

"When both <yourcharacter> and <anotherplayercharacter> finally found the crossroads <yourcharacter> sighed
and threw his hat on the ground in frustration.... "

(ie your god-moding your buddy has moved with you ... )

If <anotherplayercharacter> reads it and thinks "But I wasn't going to I was going to go to City x".. instead of
getting annoyied they write

"Look <yourcharacter>, I have been thinking about this and somethign is urging me to resolve something elsewhere
perhaps we can cross paths later ... but for this thing your on your own" ... says <anotherplayercharacter>
before shaking their hand and turing their horse back in the direction of ...

For the moment I will not permit others to make multiple characters UNTIL they can prove they can role play one.

If you need to do many to enjoy the game - that means that role playing a vampire isn't interesting enough... at least to begin with.

Later you can ... but not initially.

I am not that familiar with all aspects of it so if any can point me towards good wiki link that is good.
I have some idea of sabbats v's Camarilla philosophies - not heaps more - you  can choose whatever
clan / house you like... the more esoteric however the less likely you are to have friends for things that need cooperation (at least initially)

I will have a character thread and IC and ooc up soon.

fallensaviour

Narianna

I'm not going to lock this thread as it is good to keep for drumming up attention/interest for Kate's game. I will check back with it every so often. If anyone is interested in playing in Kate's VtM game, the OOC thread is located here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=93696.0

Narianna

Quote from: Braioch on January 02, 2011, 04:26:38 AM
Can't have two characters from the same clan?

It's up to Kate. I haven't read her OOC thread yet, but I don't see why that would be a problem.

Kate