Exalted 2.5-Infernals

Started by Empyrean, May 13, 2015, 02:28:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ravinwulf

I need some details for the game. Location, game style(more politicàl or is this an adventure.) any restrictions on gear, or backgrounds, and how in depth our backstory should be. Soon as i have an underdtanding of all this i can finish. Also what is the stance on martial arts?

Zaer Darkwail

North likely plays role in the game in start and several players have martial arts (so nothing against that; I am using Black Claw style example and Lambent Dancer Spark uses Arms of Unconquered Sun). Also our slayer uses infernal monster style. Backgrounds wise my char uses Infamy (which is from broken winged crane).

ravinwulf

I sense the second one listed is a gunslinger. Ynless arms of the incoured sun is not what i think it is.

ravinwulf

My bad, different style, i would love to play a infernal gunslinger for the game which is why i asked all that stuff.

Zaer Darkwail

You mean gunslinger which uses martial arts with guns? It's possible ofc :). Plasma pistols are canon as are hellwands and firewands.

ravinwulf

There is still a six shooter form of fire wand right?

Zaer Darkwail

Eh, you mean plasma repeater, it is 'revolver' sort weapon.

Re Z L

Quote from: ravinwulf on June 03, 2015, 06:50:44 PM
There is still a six shooter form of fire wand right?

Closest thing to a six-shooter was the Prayer Piece which was in the Glories: UCS book.  I imagine something like it could be adapted.
A&A

Zaer Darkwail

Also in wonders of lost age is alchemical weapons in pg75; plasma tongue repeaters are pistols with 5 ammunition and work like firewands for charm interaction purposes.

Rajah

We're starting in the far Northwest, probably in Dalanth Gandharva, a city-state written up on Page 3 or something. Character creation rules are at the top of Page 2. Local ethnic influence seems like a mix of India and the Polynesian Islands, so if you're planning to be locally Exalted it's worth taking that into consideration. I don't know about game type or anything, but we seem to have a surfeit of would-be-king types, not that that's not perfectly normal for Exalted.
"They say even the proudest spirits can be broken...with love."

-The Beldame (CORALINE by Neil Gaiman)

ravinwulf

I am more the warlord, and in my thoughts shapeshifting soulders, offspring on an exalte would make for a good army.

ravinwulf

Those chracter creation rules sound really complex though. And that xp amount sounds pretty hefty.

Rajah

Quote from: ravinwulf on June 03, 2015, 08:56:47 PM
Those chracter creation rules sound really complex though. And that xp amount sounds pretty hefty.

Oh, my sweet summer child.

Empyrean

Oh. So things like the Pectoral, the various hearthstones, and the tongue of the serpent prince don't stack? That would change how I spent points. I was building her with the idea that she's really stacked on the social-fu end of things.

ravinwulf

Social fu you just need super app and high atributes with the right charm. End result, you win, they look the fool.

Zaer Darkwail

MDV is usually higher than most creatures DV's are :P. If stacking intimacies on atop it. So need good base dice pool before buffing to able affect non-exalted usually. But true importance lays in charms also; martial arts what I use and soulcrack exploitation as both are very good for such task (plan go for GYTB charms after char gen).

ravinwulf

Dont forget comboes of course.

Zaer Darkwail

Yeah, albeit in 2.5 errata you do not need spend XP creating combos nor burn WP to use them.

ravinwulf

Really? How they work now?

Zaer Darkwail

Just download the 2.5 errata, it's free download from any site which sells exalted PDF's.

ravinwulf

ExisD

Quote from: ravinwulf on June 04, 2015, 06:45:07 PM
Really? How they work now?

You can use any combination of charms that would be legal each action, though normal combo rules like what happens with supplemental charms still apply.

ravinwulf

Anybody know the effects of a range increase on firewands?

Rajah

Quote from: Empyrean on June 04, 2015, 05:06:25 PM
Oh. So things like the Pectoral, the various hearthstones, and the tongue of the serpent prince don't stack? That would change how I spent points. I was building her with the idea that she's really stacked on the social-fu end of things.

They stack as long as they're not Xing the same Y. Example, if you have adamant hearthstone bracers and a starmetal short daiklave, you don't get both the bracer and starmetal bonus to Accuracy, you just take the higher bonus (I think those are both +1). If you have two hats that give you +2 to Charisma, your total is +2, not +4.