DnD 3.5 Interest Check / Brainstorming - Cursed Dice

Started by Theik, June 19, 2011, 01:46:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mysterica

Mysterica

I might switch my character idea to a petite shy girl trying to make an attrative confident character and failing once she is thrown into her body and given WAY more attention than she is used to.

Theik

I'm smooth as a baby skin, Mysterica. ;)

I haven't really thought about racial limitations. I generally don't bother to have them, though for the sake of balance, usually ECL of 0 works best.

TheHangedOne

Mmmm, Half-elf Soulknife is suddenly very appealing to me.
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

ExisD

Hmm, well I'm thinking human right now. Though Drow would've actually fit what I see the player trying to make for this one. Either way, I'll be able to get a basic design done fairly soon.

Mysterica

Theik

It's good to see that people are excited about this idea and are coming up with character designs. ^_^

Kuje

I'm thinking halfling and probably still either a cleric or druid or ranger.

TheHangedOne

I'm thinking more on this..I believe someone else tossed the idea around of having a character that didn't want to go back to the real world. I'm thinking of doing the same thing, whether it's with another (or two) or alone. Should provide some interesting friction and (good) drama, I'd imagine.
Check out my poet tree!

ExisD

I have a feeling my character will want to go back initially, but later wind up changing his mind.

I also have the basic build done, sheet

Though I wish I could've gotten a better picture.

Theik

That is an adorable little warlock. I just want to cuddle her until she blushes herself to death.

Kuje

I'm curious, how much wealth do we start with? What I mean is some DM's allow level 1's to start with max wealth, or should we use the random rolls for class? And the same question for hit points. Max or random?

Mysterica

It'll take some time because I have to read up in the tome of battle, but here is my character

TheHangedOne

Changed my mind. This happens pretty frequently until I settle on something, though. Avariel Soulknife. Assuming that's cool.
Check out my poet tree!

Wolf Heart

Got a working char sheet up and a pretty solid image of him in my head. Mechanics should be complete, pending DM confirmation and approval, of course. Still need to seriously flesh the personality out and write a description, though. Anyway, it's here:

Theik

Sounds like the group will be pretty magic heavy so far.
-Will have to shape up his DM act.-

TheHangedOne

Soulknife is basically a psionic fighter. Important attributes are str, con, and dex, even.   :-) The only magic is the whole Mind Blade thing where he turns psychic energy into a physical weapon. "I'm going to kill you with a sword made from my intent to kill you!"  ;D

Hmm, Avariels have an ecl of 3...so I guess that's out. Damn. Half-elf, maybe? *Ponder, tinker, ponder.*
Check out my poet tree!

Theik

Well, we have a warlock and a sorcerer, and kuje was thinking cleric/druid, so that's three casters.
That leaves you as a soulknife, and Mysterica as a something.

Which...leads me to think that we should close applications after that, because the party will get way too large for me to manage otherwise. xD I'm a poor DM as it stands, no need to make things even more complicated.

TheHangedOne

Presenting for you all...Elrik The Violent.
Check out my poet tree!

Theik

Didn't you just switch from an ECL race to a different ECL race, to avoid having a ECL race?

TheHangedOne

I went from Avariel, which had an ecl of 3, to Tiefling that had has an ecl of 1. If it's a problem, I'll just make him plain human. :-\
Check out my poet tree!

Theik

Nah, it's not a problem at all, just thought you switched to avoid ECL. xD

TheHangedOne

Iniatially I did, and wanted to do an ecl 0 race, but then my muse went "Tiefling! Itttt muuuussssst be a tiefling!" And thus it was so.  :D
Check out my poet tree!

Mysterica

A swordsage is a martial class who instead of getting raging abilities like a barbarian or feats like a fighter they get techniques and stances to boost their martial skills.  So something like rather than making a knight you make an anime character.

ExisD

Warlock isn't that much of a caster, more of a ranged combatant who has a small number of tricks.

And yes she is more than a bit adorable.