News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

The End Is Nigh (or a little alarmist humor)

Started by Jude, April 26, 2011, 07:21:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jude

It all began with the most ridiculous radio advertisement ever:  Alex Jones Radio advertising

Follow the advertised URL to see the truth:  www.endofamerica44.com

Unfortunately I can't even try to take this seriously; the dude sounds like Will Ferrell.

Lyell

Sounds like stuff Glenn Beck would say, without the partisan conspiracy theories.
When you absolutely, positively have to kill it with fire...accept no substitutes.

Noelle

Guys. Guys. Alex Jones is not a radical.

Seriously.

He's not.

Alex Jones: The "Justin Biebler" Rant

...Guys? :(

Lyell

Wow, I had my volume turned low and that still hurt my ears.
When you absolutely, positively have to kill it with fire...accept no substitutes.

Will

...That man needs help.  Or an Oscar.

Also - how dare he lump Michael Jordan in with Justin Bieber?  That's just wrong.
If you can heal the symptoms, but not affect the cause
It's like trying to heal a gunshot wound with gauze

One day, I will find the right words, and they will be simple.
- Jack Kerouac

Pumpkin Seeds

This man must give one hell of a peep talk at the Girl Scout meetings.  Bet his daughter's troupe sells the most cookies every year.

Phaia

http://finance.yahoo.com/banking-budgeting/article/112616/imf-bombshell-age-america-end-marketwatch

well that ad may have been out there but this is much more scary ...from a economist from the wall street journal artcile is called...Age of America nearing an end!!

Phaia

Asuras

So my boyfriend sent me the other day both the endofamerica.com schtick and that IMF article about China projected to exceed US GDP and....well the first one is hilarious, the second one is just alarmist.

The consolation here is that, in a fit of sanity at Fox, Glenn Beck has been fired.

BraveEarth

Is he... saying that other countries have nothing backing their own currency?

Lyell

Quote from: Asuras on April 27, 2011, 08:50:45 PM
The consolation here is that, in a fit of sanity at Fox, Glenn Beck has been fired.

The contract for his show ended. There was no fired. He still works at Fox.

Will

Yeah, kinda got my hopes up. :(  They said he's "transitioning off of his show" or some such.  For a brief moment there, I thought the folks at Fox had actually touched base with reality.  Silly me.
If you can heal the symptoms, but not affect the cause
It's like trying to heal a gunshot wound with gauze

One day, I will find the right words, and they will be simple.
- Jack Kerouac

Shjade

I know it's only barely related to the topic, but whenever I see a rant or a gripe or a comparison to him or anything like that, my first response is always, "Justin who?"

Seriously, for as much attention as he's apparently getting, I don't think I've ever even seen this Justin Bieber person. Leaves me wondering why he's worth mentioning when it's apparently easy to ignore that he exists without even trying.
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.