War of Infinite Worlds (Video Game crossover freeform Recruitment)

Started by Angie, August 12, 2018, 11:38:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angie

There are infinite worlds.
They all have their heroes and villains.
Sometimes the worlds cross.
And sometimes...the villains win.
Not every story has a happy ending,
But at least we can keep them from rewriting the book.

Welcome! Inspired by the wonderful Game Protagonists At War game, I've decided to give my own a try. The idea will involve multiple video game heroes and villains brought together for a common cause. An unknown enemy known only as "The TITAN Project" has come out of nowhere, launching attacks into multiple worlds spread across time and space, seeking...something. Heroes and Villains alike have been saved from their ravages, however, by mysterious portals leading to a strange world: Our own present day Earth.

Now, now, don't go running just yet. This isn't your usual story where a hero from a fantasy world ends up in modern day Earth for wacky hijinks. The heroes and villains have been assembled by none other than Elizabeth Comstock, a lady who bends reality as she sees fit, in an effort to counteract the TITAN Project. She knows their plans involve ripping out the very hearts of the many worlds, but aside from that, the details are unclear. But, the assembled warriors have an advantage:

Our modern Earth is a Nexus, leading to millions upon millions of worlds. So the heroes can strike and disappear with ease, battling against the TITAN Project. While the portals are difficult to get going, they provide a tactical advantage that TITAN cannot hope to match. However, there is talk that a number of villains have already joined the TITAN Project, and are lending their might to the mysterious organization...

So tell me, traveller: Are you in?

Right now, I'm only looking for interest in this rough idea, and we'll see where it takes us. I have a gentle system in mind, one that will be easy to use and one that's only meant to guide the game, not control it. If you're interested, let me know!

SYSTEM UPDATE: For people who saw the 'system' part of this and ran to the hills...there is no system! It's freeform now.

Alright guys, character sheet template below. Anything in paranthesis can be deleted while you're writing it up.

[center][size=18pt][b]Character Name here[/b][/size][/center]
[float=right]Pictures go here, use image tags[/float]

[b]Home World Info (where are they from?):[/b]

[b]Appearance (Anything the pics don't cover):[/b]

[b]Personality:[/b]

[b]History (At least a couple paragraphs about what they've been up to since the 'end' of their game):[/b]

[b]Current Situation (Most of us are somewhere in New York on our modern Earth, what is your dude up to?):[/b]

[b]Weapons (either special or generic, but what does he usually use?):[/b]

[b]Abilities (What do they do, how do they avoid or get through conflict? This is where stuff like magic, being really good with a sword, and stuff like that goes):[/b]

[b]Strengths (Good things!):[/b]

[b]Weaknesses (Bad things I can exploit :D):[/b]

[b]Additional Information (Did I miss anything?):[/b]
Avatar is by Lemonfont. Will remove it if he asks me to.

Come check the Cyberpunk Images Thread!

azzmeister89

Kadigan

Question on the characters. Are they ones that need to have originated in games, or if they've starred in games are they allowable?

Angie

Quote from: BarbaraGordon on August 13, 2018, 04:04:35 PM
Question on the characters. Are they ones that need to have originated in games, or if they've starred in games are they allowable?

If they appeared in a game, they are acceptable. This means about 90% of Marvel and a good chunk of DC. As long as you can point to a game they appeared in, you're kosher.

Jovialtraveler

Angie

Updated the original post with a rough draft of the system. There's not much to it, don't be scared, it's just ratings!

Ignore this post.

Jovialtraveler

Okay, I like it but
I also think that perhaps the FATE basic system may be better, or even FATE core, as both are very easy to learn.

azzmeister89

This fate system sounds well thought out. I've never tried a system game before so I'm going to give this a go and see what happens.

Dominique

As long as the system is simple I'm very interested! Sounds like it could be a lot of fun ^^

Ingexthefuryhunter1

Im in and fate is very easy to pick up and free cant beat the cost

Angie

Quote from: Jovialtraveler on August 14, 2018, 03:13:45 AM
Okay, I like it but
I also think that perhaps the FATE basic system may be better, or even FATE core, as both are very easy to learn.

I don't want this to be an actual system game. I want this to be more freeform with something that can guide actions but not rule them. I already said "no dice ", so...nothing involving dice.

Mac84

Angie

I've decided, after some thought, to drop the system idea and make it more freeform. So if you were scared off by system, give it another shot, please?

Jovialtraveler

I was scared off by the SIMPLICITY of the system,
Not to be a dick, but it was freeform rp wearing a system mask.
I’m actually glad you ditched the pretense, because you’ll get more people that just want to tell stories, and decide fights not based on stats but by agreeing in PMs on the winner.

I’m still in.

Kadigan

I've returned from cowering and am once again interested in getting my FemShep on, hopefully.

Angie

Quote from: Jovialtraveler on August 15, 2018, 12:10:48 PM
I was scared off by the SIMPLICITY of the system,
Not to be a dick, but it was freeform rp wearing a system mask.

Yeah no I basically thought the same thing after some re-consideration.

Ironwolf85

I'm in!
I loved playing amy last time, and may pick her, or blend bowser and peach into somthing interiting...
Prudence, justice, temperance, courage, faith, hope, love...
debate any other aspect of my faith these are the heavenly virtues. this flawed mortal is going to try to adhere to them.

Culture: the ability to carve an intricate and beautiful bowl from the skull of a fallen enemy.
Civilization: the ability to put that psycho in prision for killing people.

Angie

Interest has been gauged! I will be getting a character sheet bit up soon.

Diesel Heart

Angie

Kadigan

Angie

Please post here.

EDIT: If you want to do a villain character on the hero's side, PM me your choice. There are a select few I am reserving but don't want to reveal just yet.

Kadigan

Also when you say they're in NY, do you mean that they have jobs lives alias etc? Or are they sort of..hold up somewhere planning their moves..and do they live seperately or in a barracks?

Kadigan

So, decided to change course and go with Rayne, of Bloodrayne fame! I kind of fudged a little bit, and had her taken between the two games timeline wise, but still having the dragons (nerfed down though, but still ausum weapons!)

Hopefully it works!

Rayne

Rayne

Home World Info : Earth, though a more mystical and lore being truth world then the “real” world.

Appearance : Rayne is physically ayoung woman with shoulder-length red hair, fair skin complexion and green eyes.  She has a slender build and feminine figure with average height but also possess a muscular build and athletic physique.  She dresses how she feels comfortable, which is mainly in similar outfits to her uniform. Leather tops and pants, though her shoes are usually something flat, heavy boots and such. 

Personality: Generally, Rayne is very confident in both herself and in her abilities. She can be sarcastic and aloof at times, taking quite a bit for her to get angry. She is at her happiness when causing death and destruction, almost toying with her prey like a cat would a mouse at times. She will taunt, belittle, harass, and otherwise torture her enemies at any given opportunity.

History ] Rayne is what’s known in her world as a Dhampir, born in the early 1900s. She was the product of rape from her father Kagan and a mother she never knew, as she was murdered barely days after giving birth, as well as the rest of her family later in life, after discovering Rayne had been hidden with family.

Spending much of her teenage years attempting to hunt down her father, she killed many vampires and other monsters as well, though discovered some were peaceful. She was recruited later into the Brimstone Society, who sent her against the Nazi’s, who were attempting to use magical artifacts to win the war.

Kagan also had a final card to play, unleashing his new allies in Titan. Rayne and the Society rallied as best they could, even managing to broker a peace between the occult, the humans, and monsters for the first time in history, to no avail. Taking what few remaining artifacts she could from the Society’s stronghold, she was forced to retreat to the “New World.”

She barely made it out alive, and spent the next few weeks replenishing her strength, while coincidentally the criminal activities in NY took a sharp decline. Once back to her old self, she threw herself in with Elizabeth and the cause, to stop the “Titan” whoever, he she or they, may actually be.

Current Situation: Rayne spends the time not planning, training, or with any of the others tuning into a police radio she purchased, using the information gleaned to hunt down her prey. She only attacks criminals or those she feels deserve it, using them to slack her blood thirst.

Weapons:

Wrist Blades: Rayne carries a pair of wrist mounted blades, each almost as long as her arms themselves. She received them from a member of the Society and she takes care of them as much as she takes care of her own arms. They are steel forged with brimstone left behind by demons going between Hell and Earth. W hen not in use, they pivot 180 degrees behind Rayne’s arms; the blades are three feet long, virtually indestructible.

Harpoon: A gift from her former mentor, Mynce. She is equipped with a small wrist mounted harpoon, in which she shoots to pierce and hook her enemies with, then pulls back on the chain in order to reel an enemy closer to feed or throw them in a direction she chooses. Similar to her blades, it is made of steel that was tempered over hellish brimstone and can extend to around 35 feet in length.

Carpathian Dragons: Rayne wields these dual handguns that alchemically process blood in order to make projectiles that are lethal to vampires as well as non-vampires. They gain their blood-ammunition supply by draining it through large needles from Rayne's victims and storing the blood in their reservoirs or when empty, drawing it directly from Rayne herself. They can only be used by Dhampirs.

Abilities

Time Dilation: Her senses, when functioning at full or near capacity, allow her to see, smell, and hear things faster and quicker, giving her an inhuman reaction time.

Strength: As before, dependent on being well fed, but her strength is superhuman when not otherwise impaired.

Healing: She has the ability to heal from near serious wounds, given a steady supply of blood.

Strengths

Occult knowledge: Her knowledge of things magical and demonic is almost second to none.

Tracker: Her sense of smell lends to this, but she is also an accomplished tracker and hunter, able to stalk prey for miles based on one scent alone.

Warrior: She has lived nearly her entire life as a warrior, and has acquired a vast array of skills doing so, including various martial arts she has blended together into a single fighting style, skills with explosives, weapons, etcs.

Weaknesses[/ b]

Fish out of water: The level of technology she’s accustomed too, while similar, is no where near as advanced as what they’re encountering in this era. Computers, Ipods, and anything more advanced then a radio or a movie put her off.

Blood Lust: She has a NEED to feed at least once a week, though she does so more often simply from habit or fun. During combat however, if she is injured, hurt, or otherwise uses her powers and abilities so much it taxes her system, without replenishment, there is a chance that her blood lust could take over and become almost feral. During these times she is a threat to friend and foe alike.

Sun: While not wholly crippled by going out into the sun, spending more then an hour at one time can drain her resources, result in blisters and sores, or even sun poisoning.

Additional Information